How to find out about your past lives

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

I recently read a very good book by Roger Woolger. Ph.D. He is a
    Jungian analyst and a regression therapist. The book is titled healing your Past Lives - exploring the many lives of the soul.

The book comes with a CD and meditation instructions. Woolger developed a very powerful therapeutic breakthrough that he calls Deep Memory process. - He has found it to be a SAFE and powerful system that has helped thousands heal from past life traumas and problems without a hypnotherapist. The CD guides you through his process.

He covers very eloquently the patterns that emerge from one life into another. How to recognize those patterns and he shares wonderful stories of people he has helped with this method. I wish the book was a little bit longer, it is rather short but he covers so much ground in such a short amount of time it is amazing. It just came out in 2004.

I was intrigued when he said:
    Has anyone else found a good book on how to find out about your past lives? This question comes up a lot on the forum. I thought I would share his book since it is relatively new and I highly respect his education, background and research.

There is also a great thread on how to remember past lives in the FAQ which is full of different approaches.

2. Deborah

I just remembered another fairly new book 2002 - titled Mirrors of Time - Using Regression for Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Healing by Brian L. Weiss, M.D. It too comes with a Past Life Regression CD.

3. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

When I have a break, I plan on getting Wolger's book (through the link here, of course! :D ) I also have Weiss' CD, but Deb is right- it's pretty basic and a good starter.

I really do like Denise Linn's book on using dreamwork as finding clues to past lives- "Past Lives, Present Dreams."

4. Lemurian

Lemurian Senior Registered

Might I suggest:

The Reincarnation Workbook: A Complete Course in Recalling Past Lives (1989)
    A non fiction book by J H Brennan

There are many good books of course but this is the one I first started with and it is quite useful and a good start for anyone wanting to learn about reincarnation and finding out about past lives.....

Peace..........

5. saber

saber Senior Registered

Found Great Tapes

In searching for the title that was mentioned, I come across a series of 12 session tapes (9 hours on six cassette tapes) called "Eternal Return", How to remember and heal your past lives By Roger Woolger.

I have to say they are AWESOME!

This twelve session series is very indepth and has already helped me tremendously with regression by the fourth session.

Saber,

6. Tayesin

Tayesin Registered

Hi all,
    One of the things i do with people is to help them back to their own lives upon this world and/or other worlds by using a simple technique called "The Christos Method" that i learned about 10 years ago from a lovely old lady I knew.

So far this method has worked for the majority of people who sought to know their history on the earth, with the exception of one or two males who weren't capable of letting go the logical control they are brought up to have as a male.

Apart from those, it has been a wonderful decade helping others. The biggest thrill for me is when the person sits up, opens their eyes and I can see the new Light within those eyes... they know for themselves that they are great and eternal Souls who survive the many passings of flesh.

I also find it interesting that once we experience re-living moments from other lives we have had (or are having as massive Souls), that each person is then able to re-connect again for themselves just by remembering the Feeling. And then they are also able to 'regress' themselves to experience as many of their lives as they choose. So I tend to think the initial experience opens us up to the Soul we are and thereby allows us access to the memories we need to understand the extremely long path that has led us to this here and now.

Love always.

7. Sparkles

Sparkles Registered

I have not had one

Can anyone help me to have a past life regression experience, I have the OM Cd but so far I just fall asleep.(honestly it is a good sleep too:laugh: )

8. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Sparkles,

The very best advice I can give you is to read through all of the information in the FAQ and Regression sections.

Not everything will work the same for everyone -- really it is all about trial and error -- trying new things and discovering what works best for you.

The link from the FAQ section Deborah mentioned in the first post is great -- you may want to start with that one.

Also, the thread [thread=11214]i can't do it--any tips?[/thread] -- speaks about members different methods of meditation.

Best of luck!

Ailish

9. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Hi Sparkles. I've meditated for years, and I usually fall asleep. But I often have very vivid dreams, which I keep notes about. You should keep a journal, and I use a micro-cassette recorder too. What I usually do is read over my notes about the last probable PL dreams/memories for about ten minutes, and then clear my mind. Then I'll start meditating, focusing on my inner being, which is my heart/soul center.

Right now I've hit a dry spell with very few dreams of any sort, current life or PL. But over the years I've usually dreamed during about 15% of my meditation sessions, and I do several sessions a day. My best suggestion would be to not have a lot of expectations. Open yourself up to whatever your soul wants to give you, and don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. Hope some of this is helpful.

John

10. kiran

kiran Registered

Tayesin,
    I would like to know more about this "CHRISTOS METHOD" you speak of. Please share it with us.

11. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator

Hi Kiran, and a big welcome to you. Unfortunately Tayesin only posted that one time back in 2005. It is an older post but with any luck they'll come back. I too would be interested in this technique.

Is there anyone else out there that may know what Tayesin might have been referring to?

Best wishes Kiran!!
    Tinkerman

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

13. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator

Tanguerra....you were reading my mind!! I was just about to post that same thing. Great synchronous connection!! :thumbsup: Don't ya love it!

Tinkerman

14. Clara

Clara Clara

A couple more books on figuring out your past lives based on what you see in your current life are:

16 Clues to Your Past Lives! by Barbara Lane (very readable)

Discovering your Past Lives by Gloria Chadwick (good info, but can be a bit hard to read)

For those who know your birthchart:

Past Life Astrology by Judy Hall

Hope these can be useful.

Clara

15. Misscpb

Misscpb Registered User

Thank you for all the book recommendations everyone.

16. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I have a fair number of vivid dreams - but how does one know when a dream or memory concerns a past life? does it usually seem obvious? does one 'instinctively know' it? are there any signature things to look out for?

17. Deborah

18. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

OK, I see it - thanks Deborah.

One thing that puzzles me about dreams - if it's so important to note them down, why are we set up to forget most of them within seconds of waking up?

I often wake up thinking I've had an interesting dream, only to have totally forgotten what it was about just a few seconds later - almost as if evolution has decided there are better things to do than think about dreams :rolleyes:

Having said that, I do keep a notepad and pencil by the bed, because when I'd spent the day trying to solve a tricky programming problem, I'd often find I solved it while pondering it in my dreams, and I found that those dreams (or the answer to the problem at least) didn't just vanish from memory. Strange.

19. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

It's a skill, like anything else, that gets better with practice.

Evolution? More like, culture.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

When it comes to remembering dreams, the mind can be trained to remember dreams in much the same way as some people are able to "program" their minds to wake up at specific times of the day or night. Personally speaking, however, it is easier for me to program my mind to wake up precisely at 6:14 AM than it is for me to remember dreams; but it can be done. Of course, there are variables involved in waking up, just as there are to remembering dreams. If one is exhausted, or not looking forward to waking up, all bets are off.

There are many more variables involved in remembering dreams. For example, dreams involve so many different themes and occur with such frequency, that training the mind to remember them can take much more time than people are willing to put into the effort. In addition, dreams can be heavily influenced by ambient noises during the night, and most often by the waking stimulus, be it a radio alarm clock, or one's pit bull terrier wanting to be taken out.

Training the mind to remember dreams can take a while, and success can be as frustrating as not remembering any dreams at all; because it is possible to remember more dreams than can possibly be written down, and most may have nothing to do with reincarnation at all.