How to find out about your past lives

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Angorapower

Angorapower Member

I*m not totally sure but it must have been in Turkey or the old Persia. I remember the food, the plants, birds and the Islamic meditations. At the moment I try to find out more details about my past life. Ist totally interesting.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

MAATKE-RE I never understood why people who have past life memories want to write a book about it. Its all recorded in the ether anyway and its all accessible when we die. Why try to convince the world of your truth when they will all find out about it eventually anyway?

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Maybe because a still existing part of their personality wants the truth to be known?
    If you could tell people that your past lives weren't all gold and glory, and that heroes aren't actually saints, that people better should not follow the path of your past lives - wouldn't you try, at least, to let them know?

4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Don't get me wrong SeekerOfKnowledge. I totally understand the impulse to be believed. I want my friends and family to believe and support me. They don't. Such is life.

But the whole world? Why? I want the people in my life to give a helping hand but I don't care what the world thinks of my past lives. They see nonsense in what I've done. Other claimants annoy me because it feels personal but the world at large is an impersonal place. Its a collective delusion of heroism, not a personal one. I don't take it personally.

I'd love to tell people in my life that my past lives were wrong. I'd love to tell them how I arrived at this conclusion through the events of my current life...but not the whole world. If I succeeded in making the world believers I would be robbing them of their infancy...their naivete. I was ready because I made a far reaching decision initially that led me down the path of awareness. Its not my place to try to open the eyes of children who see the glory in war. They will come to my conclusion in their own time.

Besides...that's fantasyland. Reincarnation is a niche audience. I wouldn't reach that many people.

Also...I can't write about how I came to my viewpoint because I'm done creating mayhem. It would be very hard to convince anyone without describing my experiences.

5. SeekerOfKnowledge

I get your point. And do not worry, I won't take anything personal. Just was trying to find a reason why people would want to write about it (and I have to admit, that there has been a time when I felt the same).
    I agree that there is no way to convince the whole world, no way.
    People will have to find their own truth anyway, and there is not much we can do.

Jim78 likes this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Terrible deeds have been done to me and I couldn't care less who knows about it. I asked a question and all I got was another advert. I've never even heard of your FPL, why spend my time reading a book when you can answer a straight question here?

7. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Do you have any advice to give to someone like myself?

8. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

Hypnotherapy works. You should try looking for an expert therapist that can do it.

9. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I have my own understanding of reincarnation. This life may be our first incarnation, or one of many. All these incarnations are tied together at a higher level plane of existence, into an entity that many call "higher self". So we aren't any one of our past incarnations, but it is like we are each distinct physical manifestations of this higher self. Relationships with other characters, many times, can be paralleled over several lives, in various relative connections., as we incarnate all over the globe, races, sexes, social status, etc..

There is also the possibility that we may have memories of lives we haven't actually lived, in which our higher self never incarnated, through a process some call "imprinting". It is like you go to school with some homework you did, with something you didn't actually learn at school, but studied at home, that might help you with the next lesson.

We humans, in my belief, incarnate here neither to meet some former life character, nor to get punished for our previous lives' mistakes, nor to advance humanity, nor even to learn love (as our higher selves already know it from whee we're coming, a place of non-dual love, where there's no antonym to love). Humans incarnate to practice reality creation, on a plane that features time and space as training wheels for learning to master our thoughts and emotions. On the non-physical planes our thoughts and emotions materialize instantaneously, and not mastering them creates nightmares.

Each one us has a life lesson we have to experience, which is not a punishment, but a balancing of past thoughts and thought forms we created (karma). Somebody's life lesson might be something like humility, or love, or sacrifice, or duty, or intellectual breakthrough, etc., but only a specific one, not all of them during the same life.

Vehemence prevents us from growing. Being too passionate about one's beliefs is a weakness (no matter the cause embraced), and it is counter productive to one's growth, clear thinking. Passions, as other emotions like fear, etc.. need to be kept under control, or they affect one's reality. Like in a dream: they end up in nightmares.

:)

10. SeekerOfKnowledge

I definitely can relate to people being blamed for something they never did. I might not be directly affected, but for some people from the past I just know that they are wrongly accused. Do not ask me why and how I know that. I just know. I might have known them in a past life and just not remember the details or something.

11. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

ADMINISTRATORS NOTE. This thread has been cleaned up to remove off-topic and contentious material. If there are any questions contact me by private message/conversation. ~Tman