How to make people believe about PLR therapy

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by JKiran, Jun 22, 2016.

1. JKiran

JKiran Mr

Hi.. This is Kiran from India. I went through PLR last year and I enjoyed it. And recommended few friends for it.

Faced with friends who are not interested saying they wont believe in it. It is purely based on beleifs, faith they were bought up.

Other type of friends who says those are all imaginations as per therapist instructions.

So wandering how to make them believe in the system.

2. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Hi, JKiran. Unfortunately, from my own experience, skeptics are very hard to convince of the reality of reincarnation. Hypnotic regression is very easy to debunk, and I see this growing more and more each day. People just learn what some so-called experts say: "Hypnosis is not reliable", and they repeat it over and over again, believing that will make it truer. Historical validations doesn't mean anything for them either. It doesn't matter how many times I tell them I've been able to identify two of my past life personalities only from the information I got through meditation/self-hypnosis, they will keep saying it's all a coincidence or will explain it with any paranormal hypothesis different to reincarnation. In the end, past life therapy seems to be only valid to the person who experienced it.

I always say there's only a way you can make them believe: they have to experience it by themselves, they have to feel past life memories, they have to know what past life emotions are, to find the relation with their current personalities. But given their great skepticism, they will likely give it a single try, stop there and say: "Well, I don't know if this is just my imagination". Their own mental barriers will hold them there, they won't go further and their doubts will linger. Now I think it's not even worth to try and make them believe, but it's fine, maybe for some people its better to remain in ignorance. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Eowyn, I agree with your statement that it takes a personal experience to get beyond being a skeptic.

My studies in psychology, and particularly from my experience with NLP and hypnosis, I know that a person's remembered "history" can be changed. Forensic hypnosis shows that being hypnotized in order to recall data for the police will produce data, but it is often wrong - just the subject trying to satisfy the request rather than fact. So, just looking at what I know from part of my education and experience it would seem that there would be no-way that I would go beyond being a skeptic. However, I have had several experiences that pushed me beyond that point with two of them being too far removed from "normal" to be attributed to anything else.

As I have stated elsewhere, I am somewhat envious of your PL memories, my experiences are quite different but are just as convincing.

Kiran, if you ever find a method of relaxing a person's restraints in this area, please share them as I have not had a single success. I have bought and shared books, sent emails, talked about it, and even my wife is reluctant to read "Soul Survivor (about James Leininger)".

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
  4. JKiran

JKiran Mr

Thanks Eowyn for your comments. I totally agree with you about people's perception. only way is experience it with open mind and believe it.

5. JKiran

JKiran Mr

KenJ - Definitely will keep you posted in case I find any. After my PLR, I shared my experiences with my wife and my mother-in-law. They got convinced and they went through PLR. Every person experience different intensity levels within three of us.. one saw clear images, other saw nothing but just memory coming as a thought etc.

My wife is very keen now and started reading books and want to explore more on this which is good for her too in all ways.

6. Eowyn

7. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

What convinced me was so many details, that seem to come one after the other, that matched not only me, but my parents, friends and my own family. I also have a portrait of me from the 19th century that looks just like me and that life, the one after and mine all share the same birthdate and they follow a pattern of Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. My sister now has my past life's name and all in all, it defies both conventional logic and coincidence and I can't explain it any other way.

The historical validations I've been able to find have more than sealed the deal for me. But and that's a big but, as we've all been saying, that's all personally significant and relevant. Most everyone else would shrug their shoulders and just think I've concocted an elaborate fantasy.

I think that's the key to reincarnation. It holds a message for us, personally. If someone is open to it, it's a start, but I don't think it should be forced on anyone.

8. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

I'm talking from complete ignorance of hypnotic regression because I have never had one.. What I'm interested to understand is where do the PL memories come from while you are hypnotise. With me I meditate , contact my spiritual self were all of my previous incarnation memories are.. I have no idea who the physical entities I occupied were, I just have memories of events, most likely because the spiritual me is a separate entity that never dies, it goes on and on. I think we would all agree our physical brains can only have memories of what it has experienced, so its not logical to believe our physical brains has memories of previous incarnations of our spiritual self.. What I'm keen to understand about hypnotic regressions is..can the soul/spirit be hypnotised to give up its previous incarnation memories?

9. Eowyn

John Tat, hypnosis is a word that still brings confussion to a lot of people. If we're talking of true hypnotic regression, there's not much of a difference with meditation. "Being hypnotized" just means that you're deeply relaxed (never asleep or unconscious), allowing your subconscious to emerge through all the constant chattering of our current minds. You can do this with the help of a therapist, commonly known as hypnotherapist or just hypnotist, or you can do it on your own. Our memories, imo, always come from our "higher selves", our soul/spirit or whatever you want to call it, who is reincarnated in the current physical body, with certain limitations, but under the right circumstances can have access to those memories of the previous lives. Not complicated at all, when you think about it.

10. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI John,

Hypnosis stems from a Greek word meaning to go to sleep, or to loose consciousness. Indeed the term alone carries with it a stigma of control and manipulation.

A regression includes inductions, and simple suggestions, leading a person to find understanding in an altered state through the subconscious mind.

Selective awareness is an altered state of mind that is natural and happens for everyone. The mind is alert and concentrated on a particular focus. This can be a focus in physical waking life, like jogging, or washing dishes. Or a deeper focus in meditation which includes the surfacing of inner thoughts, feelings and emotions regarding events in the past, even in past lives.

I believe Past life memories are within our soul/spirit body. I use William Buhlman's "OM" CD which uses specific sounds that create binaural beats. They help to achieve an altered state quickly. Tibetan Bells, or tingas create perfect binaural beats. Tingas are two chimes connected by a string, each chime is tuned to its own frequency, and when the chimes are struck together, a binaural beat is formed. This type of brain synchronization brings the left and the right hemispheres of the brain together, and has been used by many cultures and for many centuries.

I always lay down to mediate, rapid eye movements happen in seconds -my breath all but stops...and the body becomes very cold. (I use blankets to keep warm -even in the summer.) I usually am in a deep altered state within a few minutes - my inner light is spontaneous and intense. My consciousness goes into the light via the sixth chakra (third eye) and I bring it down to merge with the heart chakra. The merging of these two centers -lead the way. ;) The memories are holographic - within us.

You might enjoy reading The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot

HI JKiran,

Most people have to have an experience in order to "believe." Maybe approach them to try and have an experience through meditation or regression. Humans are pretty stubborn - and maybe they are not ready.

2 people like this.
  11. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Eowyn and Deborah... Thanks for those clarifications on hypnotic regressions.. Thanks to the both of you I now understand Its something I have wondered about for some time.. I searched a couple of times but there was always conflicting reports on what it was.. Now I know

With meditation it must start in different ways for different people.. With me I close my eyes and concentrate on my spiritual self. I ask if he is there.. As I ask over and over again and I slowly slip into being somewhere else .. Not unlike counting down when you are being put to sleep on the operating table

There is something I need advise on. I have files on my computer where most things I have done and what I consider to be important are recorded

Over the past six weeks or as I begin to update a file or create a new subject something has occasionally began to happen Its like I automatically go into a meditative state, not the same as when I'm meditating, but similar.. I will give an example.. The other night I was updating my file on the original gods of Ancient Egypt.. I began to have very clear thoughts about the connections between the original gods the sun gods and the gods of Ancient Egypt.. It was very important to get them recorded as best I could to what my thoughts were telling me, which is not an easy thing to do.. I lost touch with everything expect my thoughts and recoding them as best I could.. I finished up with one page, that's all there was. It was not perfect but the best I could do.. I started at 10.30pm. When I finished reading it I thought it must 11pm I better get to bed.

When I looked at the time on the bottom of the computer screen it was past 1.30am.. It took 3 hours to write 1 page from my thoughts or whatever they were

Is this my imagination or something more?, because the things I record when I'm in this state are very interesting

12. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds to me like a good example of focused-attention to the point of self-hypnosis or you are a truly slow typist☺

13. Eowyn

John, I think you have described quite well what "automatic writing" is. Not the same that some mediums use to supposedly get in contact with spirits or other entities, but a "lighter" version that everyone can put to practice to get past life memories (always being cautious that these impressions might not be as accurate as when we are in an altered state of consciousness). Before I had any memory, I was a creative writer. I always said that being "inspired" for me meant to get somehow in contact with my inner self, it was then that things flowed easier and the writings I got this way were very emotional to me. Years later, when I have read those writings, I've been amazed at how similar they were to actual past life experiences. Not the details of the story, but mainly the emotions and all the events the protagonist had to go through.

Like Deborah explained so well, I think writing is just another form of selective awareness. While part of your mind is focused in a task that doesn't require too much attention (in this case would be the writing itself, something you do automatically), there is another part of your mind that can go into a meditative state, and so it's easier to get into the heart of that hidden knowledge we all have. When you are deep in meditation you lose the sense of time, and besides it's hard to find the right words (always so limited) to express what we're seeing and feeling in our minds. So I don't think you're a slow typist at all, it's just the magic of creativity... and who knows what else!

The only downside is it's hard to know what part is "just imagination" as you say and what part could be reflecting something real. I'm afraid we only have our intuition to distinguish one from the other.