How to overcome the overwhelming yearning?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Ophelia3, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Since I can remember I’ve had yearnings for a time past. They fluctuate, but in this instant my yearning for that place is overwhelming. It’s consuming my thoughts, along with the yearning for a person I met overseas that I feel I knew in a past life. I fear I’ll never see them again because I have very little information on them.

It feels like there’s a piece of me missing. A hole in my soul. I don’t feel I’m in the right place at the right time or even in the right culture, I feel so removed and lost, almost depressed.

I can’t really talk to anyone I know about this because they wouldn’t understand, so I decided this forum is the best community to reach out to. What are your tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!

Ophelia! Xx

Peace of mind likes this.
  2. Dana

Dana A Nazi Soldier

I'm yearning to see my former homeland. I practically live several thousand miles away from it, literally a whole continent and an ocean away. Sometimes I feel really sad thinking about it, the place so far out of reach. I'm literally banished from my former home and there's never been a chance given to me to get me there.

Maybe one day I'll get to visit it, even though my family doesn't like it.

Peace of mind and Ophelia3 like this.
  3. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

If I write something are you going to listen to me? I could help you with this, if you aren’t going to rubbish me again... o_O

Eva x

Ophelia3 and Dana like this.
  4. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

I AM going to listen to you, Eva, because I have a similar problem, though in my case the geography is not so vast.

Please, go ahead !

Eva1942 and Ophelia3 like this.
  5. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I don't really have an answer to that, I think it sort of comes with the package, but I have noticed that I do not, unlike some, have an idealistic view from the past, I pretty much view it as I view my current society, only in some ways (women's rights for example & the discovery of internet :) ) things are better than I feel it was back then, for me at least in the little comfort zone that I now have the fortune to live in, I am well aware the wars and chaos and pain existing in other parts of the world which is of course utterly horrible.

I would say try to make your own life as good as possible. Have comfort in the thought that your soul group will be with you when it is time to be so. I don't think we can all be together in one life time, but I could be wrong, then there is also the question of free will. What I miss about the past is really the soul group I was connected to in that life time and just wanting to know if they are doing fine. Realistically I have to accept that we are not all gonna be doing fine all the time. Pain is usually the thing that make us grow, even if I don't like it being this way.

I have spoken to my hubby recently about one of my past life experiences and the research I have made to try to figure out if this could be actual memories, if that could actually have been me. Now, I have not spoken to anyone about my belief, my search if reincarnation is real, for many years, because I have feared they will not believe me and think I am crazy and tear my most sacred memories apart. My hubby had a good response to it, though, and we talked about it for a considerable long time. He does not share my belief, but he can not explain it in any other way either. I really thought that at some point he was gonna raise his voice and look at me in a judging way, but he didn't. Even if he does not share my belief or is searching for answers the way I am, I am still relieved about the way he took it, and somehow that makes me feel more complete, more honest with myself, that it is no longer a form of almost secret between us. If you trust someone in your closest surrounding, even if they have not had any past life experience themselves, it can help to just talk about it, that is if you feel ready and comfortable enough to do so, sometimes our monsters are just in the dark and when you turn on the light and look there is nothing there to be afraid of.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Tinkerman and Ophelia3 like this.
  6. Ophelia3

Of course I will, I find a lot of your writings very helpful! Xx

Eva1942 likes this.
  7. Ophelia3

I do understand what you mean by a lot of people idealising their past lives, societal and physical environments, and to be completely honest I’m probably just as guilty as anyone for it. I’m well aware of the trauma’s they experienced and how privileged I am to be born today in the country I am, but I can never shake this yearning. I remember being 8 or 9 having a similar spout of yearning and I thought to myself that I’ll just kill myself to go back to the time I’m yearning for, with no understanding of reincarnation, suicide and the concept of time whatsoever. It’s a very powerful thing, it can really consume you.

I’ve actually started initiating conversations with those close to me about my belief in reincarnation because of the city I recalled the layout of without having prior knowledge of, but I feel comfortable only going so deep. They all have their own theories and skepticisms that don’t really help much in the way of yearning.

Thanks for your help!

Xx

Jaimie likes this.
  8. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

You're welcome, I feel for you. I have my boots of yearning as well, but me remembering a past life came when I was a teenager, all I had before that was a stubborn nightmare about how I died which did not exactly make me wanna yearn back :eek:. It must have been really difficult for you to go through all of that at such a young age. I had my own skeptic mind already built up when I was a teenager which helped somewhat to keep the emotions at a arm's length, but not always. I have learned right now that my boots will come and go, and even if I don't think, while I am in it, that I will be out of it -- I will have my distance to it sooner or later. I hope you get to meet the person you are thinking about, and will feel better.

/Jaimie

9. Ophelia3

In all honesty it was easier as a kid, I didn’t understand what this yearning implied, just that I really liked this particular time and I wanted to be there, or as close as possible to it. It’s when you’re older and you grasp the understanding of what it means, that you’ll never be able to return, why it feels like there’s a huge puzzle missing, it’s harder to digest, harder to comes to terms with, but like you said I suppose it comes with the territory.

I think it’s harder still that I can’t achieve past life regression, that all the knowledge I have are fragments, which makes me yearn more so, because I want to remember! The good and the bad, but there’s a significant block.

I also hope the universe reunites me to them, that way maybe I can feel somewhat at peace.

:)

10. Eva1942

Okay... I feel ever so exposed putting this out there, but like my guides always say “your key could be the key that unlocks someone else’s prison”. I’ll try make this short :oops:

When I was 15 (in this lifetime) I had a longing for SOMEONE. Back then I was still spiritually asleep. I didn’t know who they were, where they were and I always felt that physical love was rather lacklustre. This is a typical ‘old soul’ trait, as old souls know what the difference is between unconditional deep, soul love and a physical love we experience here in the physical.

Anyways, nothing I seemed to do, satisfied this longing for someone I KNEW was part of me. It got to the point where I hated expressing love because I couldn’t express it to SOMEONE I knew was part of me. I felt empty and my heart did not feel complete. I didn’t feel complete as a person. Like any adolescent girl, I had my fair share of ‘crushes’ too.

Years later when I was older (ha! :p ) I embarked on a new direction in life and moved to Australia. But the yearning I had for this SOMEONE never went away, and I thought I could run from my yearning and leave it behind in NZ, but instead it followed me. Everywhere I went, it followed me. I’ve lived in some of the most beautiful places in Australia, but yet I still yearned this SOMEONE.

I thought that moving to Australia would be the thing that made me feel complete but it didn’t because it was not where I had remembered them to be, nor was it where I remembered meeting them.

That was all when I was 19-20. Now I am 32 and I HAVE discovered where the yearning came from. That yearning, was ME looking for ME. My soul twin. The other half of ME. It took discovering my past life in Hitler’s Germany to find them. Sometimes all it takes is discovering a past life to find yourself and other half.

My other half is not in the physical but still in Spirit. For them, Nazi Germany was too much. But I feel COMPLETE now knowing who they are, where they are and why they are not here with me. I still yearn but not as much.

Physical time and distance is an illusion to soul twins. No amount of physical trauma can EVER seperate them, not even the most awful physical crimes of murder can separate them. It is your CONSCIOUS mind telling you that ‘they are so far away, I’ll never see them again, or I’ll never be able find myself again’. Your SUBCONSCIOUS mind is sitting there going ‘don’t be so ridiculous, they’re still here and with you’.

People say ‘oh you don’t choose anything in your life’ when in fact YOU DO. YOU were the one who chose to have a yearning in your life, YOU were the one who defined how thick or thin your veil was, YOU were one who chose whether to live together with your soul twin or away from them. We can’t always live or love who we want. YOU chose your own ‘lessons’ in THIS lifetime (be successful, rich or poor etc) but when you came here, all your best laid plans you made fell apart for some reason or another. Freewill is like that. It is the same with your yearning for another time and place.

What is my advice? ‘Go back to where you feel comfortable!’ I feel more comfortable in Prague, Czech Republic but I accept that while I feel most comfortable and whole there, I cannot be there all the time. What is the point in that for my soul of just going to same place and returning with the same people? That is why we yearn for places and people.

Travel!! Go see where you yearn to revisit!! We live in such a advanced world now where you can get from New York to Sydney in under 24 hours! Go travel!! Go where YOU want to go! If you want to go to Egypt, Argentina, Spain, Israel, Russia, Ukraine or the UK then go!

Oy, I just realised this is SUPER long and I probably was off the point, but if you’re still reading I’m impressed :)

Eva x

Ophelia3 likes this.
  11. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

Eva, I'm so dumb that I can't see the point in travelling. Or, maybe, it's just too spiritual for me.
    Suppose I spent my previous life in rural Tuscany (Italy), maybe being there somebody important, maybe not, but if I go there now as a tourist, what will I get? Juridically I, in my present life, have nothing to do with those places nor with the persons that live there now. Seeing those landscapes/towns from closer points of view, letting them awaken more detailed memories in me, maybe? But it still looks to me like crying over spilt milk. Could someone explain to me what a "soul twin" is? Is it another soul, similar to mine, but which can have, independently, its own re-incarnations and lives? Or is it a part of my own soul (like what Michael Newton describes, as when we can re-incarnate leaving a part of our own soul in the LBL world, or when our own soul can incarnate into two different bodies at the same time)?

Thank you, Eva. You're a wonderful person, it would have been fantastic to have known you in the real.

Eva1942 likes this.
  12. Ophelia3

I concur that travelling to your past life’s country or similar cultures does help with the yearning, unfortunately it’s only temporary, because you have to leave eventually and after a few years, even a few months the yearning niggles its way back in! Unless you permanently move to the country, which in most cases is entirely unrealistic, but I have considered it. ;) aha

The way you described your yearning for that missing piece and person is exactly, to a T, how I currently feel, just feels permanently inescapable. I hope to unlock past life regression soon and meet my spirit guides, perhaps this will help me. As for the person they’re again unfortunately in physical, across the world from me and completely lost to me and uncontactable! :,( So that hurts also. I’m happy to hear that you met this puzzle of your soul that was lost to you, and that he’s your guide!

Thanks for your response, I’ve taken a fair bit from it. Particularly that I need a good holiday ! :,D!!

Ophelia. Xx

13. Ophelia3

Cyrus, Yes, revisiting these places does help jog your memory and help you become more in tune with your spiritual self/past life. It also for those feeling they don’t fit in the society and culture their present life is encompassed in, helps a healing process, an awakening process, because generally these places maintain a lot of the old/ancient cultures and societal habits (or so that’s what I found in Greece/Turkey). Maybe it’s just being in the landscape, it’s a certain inexplicable familiarity.

I don’t know if that helped you at all understand why some find it beneficial to revisit their PL homelands, and I can imagine for some revisiting them could be traumatising and anxiety inducing, I can only speak for myself. Perhaps your soul is at peace, and doesn’t feel the need to revisit these places. I don’t think my soul/past life has let go of this particular life for whatsoever reasons I hope to find out one day.

I’ll let Eva explain what a twin soul is, because she’s far better at explaining it than I am, and perhaps she can better clarify why revisiting these locations is beneficial to some! :,D

14. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Yes, maybe it is a good thing once you have remembered, sort of like you go to a grave and leave flowers, the circle is complete and then leave. For me when I came to America I did not know anything about reincarnation, flashbacks, meditations. And what happened ? I got a lot of those flashbacks and I was freaked out about it, but thought I could not tell anyone, I thought the sun had gotten to me and made me temporarily crazy so I stood in some corner drinking water like a maniac. We had so much to see and discover and I was only half present. When we were in New York I remembered what the building looked like where she use to live, I remember the elevator boy who studied alongside being an elevator boy, I remember that we lived on the 50th floor, and at first part of what the apartment looked like. I really did not want any of these memories, they were just messing with my head. I have good memories from when past life me lived out in California too, but they left a sad aftertaste. If I were to go back there now I believe I would be better equipped. I still can't figure out why past life me has lived several past lives in the US, different places, and even though it is one and the same country, different lives only, it sort of feels like different countries, cultures. I for one have difficulty separating the US from UK at times regarding one past life, but I think that had to do with a lot of English in heritage dominating those streets, the atmosphere, then again my name was perhaps not so English "Madeleine Conrad", sounds pretty German to me. sorry, got off track here. I guess what I wish to say is that some flashbacks are fine to have when you re visit your old living place, but getting tons of them and not knowing what it is all about is just overwhelming, but if you have figured it all out what it is to figure out I bet it can work as a peaceful procedure : )

Ophelia3 likes this.
  15. sanae

sanae New Member

Ophelia3, I often have an on and off feeling about seeing Japan again but every time I do I have second thoughts about it not being a very good idea because I think I left for a reason in my past life. Also, since it was the 80s, it's not the same as it was at the time. So, I might be looking for things that are no longer there.

The thing that helps me is picking up my ouijia board and talking to people who claim to have been close to me at the time and that helps me chill out and feel really loved by these people again. I'm also not afraid to die because I'll just see them again anyhow. This kind of takes a fair amount of energy out of me because some of the people have a very strong energy to them and it's a little overwhelming but its really emotionally comforting to be able to do this.

I'm not sure if you believe in that kind of thing but it's only a suggestion. Just be careful with it though because if you don't close the portal properly, it could let in a demon. They're more like smelly pests though, kind of like how mice work and are pretty simple to get rid of. (they make sulfur smells and wake you up sometimes). Read the bible a couple times out loud. They hate that and will eventually go away after a few days.

16. Ophelia3

Oh wow sanae, I’ve never considered using a ouija board before to get in touch with my past lives. I’m not very well versed with it and would totally afraid I’d let bad energy out, I want to keep away from bad energy as much as possible, I want this to be a positive journey.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to get in touch with my past life, so past life regression and what not!

wish it was easier! :/

Thanks for the idea though.

xx

17. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

Thank you, Ophelia, for your concern, I deeply appreciate it.
    Curious thing, for me it works only the first time. I mean, if I go to one of such places, seeing everything for the first time (in this life) - yes, the flashbacks crowd upon me, and I almost recognize the places and recall episodes from that past life. But when, after a while, I go back again there, what I remember is my previous visit in this life, not my previous life. Almost. The previous life flashbacks become extremely weak. All this becomes almost unsupportably painful. And if I could, I'd eliminate all these weak PL memories within me, at all. Re-incarnation should not be viewed as a time-machine. That past life is finished and better be forgotten, Completely.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  18. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

A beautiful idea that of such visits being like visiting a grave and leaving flowers. I cannot even talk to anybody, I am nobody there, no one would recognize me.
    So just feeling it all inside and, maybe, weeping silently, if there still remain tears in me.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Ophelia3 and Jaimie like this.
  19. Eva1942

Yeah thanks! :p

I might get into trouble for being ‘too esoteric ’ if I went into some method of understanding for defining a twin soul :oops: but basically, it’s the other half of YOU. There are two parts to one soul, and each of you have your own past lives and karma to deal with. Some choose to do it together, some choose to be separate. But you play each and every ‘role’ (mother, father, brother etc) to help each other spiritually progress. You may even choose to play Spirit Guide to the other..

In my own opinion, I think that revisiting locations can be very spiritually healing if some sort of trauma or longing appears. I wish to revisit Egypt purely because it was a time of great happiness for me, where as the Czech Republic, I wish to revisit to heal great pain and relieve the ‘weight’ so I do not hold it in my soul any longer. Where as with Poland, where great trauma and pain occurred for me, I made the conscious decision not to revisit it, because while I still have pain and weight from there, I do not see it applicable to my healing at this time. Will I change my mind later on? Maybe.

Cyrus, you do not have to revisit places if you do not wish to. Some people I have spoken to, have no interest in revisiting particular countries because of the fact that they would be returning as a tourist, or they just simply do not wish to revisit hurt and trauma (like me with Poland). I accept that not everyone wishes to revisit past life countries and places but it does help with yearning.

Ophelia, you must not let this make you depressed. If you do, does that not mean that you are giving the sadness the power to control your life? As my guides always say: “send unconditional love, even if you dislike the person. Be the bigger power and never let anyone steal your power.”

Not everyone meets the people they yearn for, but you must accept that perhaps you both chose to remain strangers to each other? I never met my daughter again in this lifetime from Germany (she returned to Spirit (she was 87) before I had the chance to) therefore to my current self she is a stranger but I still yearn for her too.

You have to BE in the right circumstances in your physical life in order to be aware of your spiritual progress. Some stuff I was supposed to do in my late 20’s I am just doing now in my early 30’s so there is a right time for EVERYTHING. :)

Eva x

Ophelia3 and Cyrus like this.
  20. Eva1942

Literally, I am a ‘nobody’ in Germany, but my past life selves from WWII are ‘somebodies’, everyone knows them. If I were to go there, I would not be able to speak to anyone either, does that make me sad? No. It means that I could ‘reexplore’ places I’ve been without people recognising me.

I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Eva x

Cyrus likes this.