How to stop coming back?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by cloud potato, Sep 3, 2019.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

I was wondering how we can free ourselves from being reincarnated.

Antigone likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

My first thought was Why you would want to stop? The second was that you would have to have completed your needed experiences and "education".

Antigone and SeaAndSky like this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ken,

I agree in general, however, I do believe there are ways to speed up the process. I.e., by bringing in and accentuating all those things that are "of God" by seeking to be infused with the Spirit, Light, Love, and Wisdom of God in every way so as to speed the transformation of our nature. Meditation, prayer, the cultivation of the virtues, selflessness, goodness, etc. etc.--all of these are part of the way that the process is accelerated. I could go on, but I'll leave that to others.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Why wouldn't we want to "graduate" sooner rather than later? :cool:

4. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

This is one of those questions that needs to be looked at through the reality of what is going on... Does the physical control the spiritual or does the spiritual control the physical?... In the overall of what is going on it is not a partnership.... All of the physical entities die and never return... the spiritual/soul never dies it goes on and on.... so it is in no ways a partnership with any of the physical entities the spiritual occupies .... If you believe the physical controls the spiritual and therefore can control if the spiritual will return or not .. then that's up to you .... but in reality it makes no sense

Speedwell likes this.
  5. KenJ

It seems to be a human desire to forge forward, to "advance" in some way, as if that is the thing of value. I sometimes have to stop and remember that it is not a race, it is that the "journey" is possibly more important than the destination, if you follow my thinking. Earth is a really nice "playground" and there are some good experiences here that don't exist on the other side, physical things that we experience through our bodes. Why not continue these activities? I'd like to have had the life I had a half-centry ago to have gone on for a few more decades.

Antigone likes this.
  6. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

If you indeed find a way, please tell me!

fireflydancing and Sarah Jane like this.
  7. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ken,

I don't deny the good parts of being here, but that often seems to just be sugar to help the medicine go down. The medicine in this case, from all I can tell by reading people's accounts (and especially Newton), are harder and harder tasks that involve more and more suffering (as well as diligence, patience and love).

Being averse to misery and suffering (shallow creature that I am), I would prefer to take the (comparatively) easier route of dedicating myself to spiritual growth as much as I can to shorten the process (though even here I'm no monk).

Does that mean that I don't like the physical? Not at all, but there is a big difference between being employed at the asylum/prison and being an inmate there. I know that puts an ugly spin on the matter, but the truth is that I'd like to be free to move between the different planes of existence rather than confined to a certain course of study and locale. Some of it can't be avoided in the course of learning and progressing spiritually, but if there is anything I can avoid, I'd like to do so.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Inhaltos, that's the best I can suggest: follow the path of the saints as best you can, and hope to shorten the time.

M00nst0ne likes this.
  8. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I wouldn't stop however I would jump at the opportunity to choose other hopefully better worlds, it has come up in some regressions that God/source does have intentions of pulling the plug on this particular world as our actions are having negative affects on the rest of creation. From what little has trickled out from the other side the plan is to send the souls to other worlds though some very closely resemble this one people will have a choice due to the gift of free will.

9. KenJ

S&S, I don't disagree with you, I just wanted to present another face of the coin for conversations sake. Glad to see that you are still able to be on-line while the hurricane is beating about in your area - stay safe my friend!

10. cloud potato

Very interesting thought on virtue.

Today my teacher says,

One virtue is more powerful than a thousand vices.
    ~Bowl of Saki, September 7, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Which begs the question... What is virtue?

I am a believer in the science of Kriya Yoga and many of the things you say aren't far off from this immortal consciousness.

Kindest regards

11. cloud potato

HIS teacher says, there is only one sin and one virtue for a soul on the path...

Virtue when he is conscious of God and sin when he is not.

KenJ likes this.
  12. cloud potato

I'm curious, if you believe in reincarnation- do you believe you can stop reincarnating?

13. cloud potato

Ken J,
    Thank you for your kind reply. It is important to stop and smell the flowers, to embrace the totality of our journey with compassion and enjoy this show we are observing in this time.

John Tat and There and back again,
    So it would seem that reincarnation is not limited to planet Earth. Since the soul, as made in the image of God, is Immortal then perhaps we "reincarnate" elsewhere. I've had dreams [edit] of a memory that feels more like a, "future life" than a past life.

Kind regards.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Kyi'sha Garner and Jaimie like this.
  14. Antigone

Antigone Senior Member

Hello cloud potato!
    The Buddhist and Hindu religions are also very interested in this question if I am correct. And, I suppose I think that you could step out of reincarnation, but I believe we have all chosen to live here. We have chosen to be limited by physical laws, separation, suffering, and death. Some say they know why, but I suppose any answer is as good as the other.
    I think we could ask, "can we escape the cycle?" But really in my opinion, the cycle is the point- we will know when we are done, but for now, it is more valuable to embrace our choice and purpose. We have to learn to embrace life, with all the bad things and with all the good things, because that is what we are here for right now.
    Though, that is just my modest opinion.
    Also, thank you for posting.

cloud potato likes this.
  15. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi, lately I have been thinking that as long as there is something to learn or someone to help a part of the soul, the spirit, will chose to reincarnate. I have begun to see my soul as a big round cake (I love cakes :p) and my spirit as just a small piece of the cake living my life right now, but the main part of the cake, my core, is safe and "up there" all the time. I think that we will most likely forget about the bad things. Like before I could run and walk - I have forgotten how I struggled to get to that point. Or when I learned to bicycle, same thing there. When one has reached the goal I don't think one is suffering, thinking about all the times one fell off the bicycle or was afraid to hurt one self or all the ants I ran over. But I have to say when exploring my past lives I must have been drunk in "heaven" the way I designed my past lives, ha ha, the other spirits must have been happy :D to have gotten rid of me, at least for a while :rolleyes:

Best Wishes

Li La

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Antigone and cloud potato like this.
  16. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

That’s a good question and tbh, I’m not sure what I believe on that. I lean towards it just happening automatically, so I suppose I also lean towards us constantly reincarnating, without any say.

17. M00nst0ne

M00nst0ne I Ate'nt Dead

It's funny, now that I think consciously about it: Even though Michael Newton's books lit up both mind and heart in a way no other references ever have, I'm still wrestling a little with the idea of reincarnation. I get the concept-- it seems to me like it's similar to an actor's series of roles in TV and movies-- but I guess I'm pretty solidly anchored in this current form, lol!

18. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

What a strange discussion. What anyone of us believes or not is of no importance to what there really is.

In Michael Newton's books somewhere this question is already answered (pity, don't remember the exact location):

YES, a soul can stop reincarnating, in which case it is stuck forever between lives.

19. KenJ

MOOnstOne, even though I've experienced Tons of paranormal and Memories, I sometimes wonder where the line between imagination and actual memories lies. I think it is normal to second-guess yourself. No idea who decides when I've learned enough to stop reincarnating and/or stop the tasks that I think our souls do on The Other Sides.

M00nst0ne likes this.
  20. cloud potato

Thinking on the question, "how to stop coming back?" I meant back to this planet, Earth. Antigone, thank you for your reply- I agree with you and Li-La(very funny response friend :)). Based off what I read from you and am beginning to better understand, this particular dynamic(life on Earth) is one of separation(duality), suffering(ignorance) and death(growth/transition). I placed growth in the same category as death because it would seem death is not the end but a transition and Life(growth) continues on. I believe the answer is that it is possible to stop coming back to Earth after soul longings(desire) and understandings are fulfilled. That might mean lifetimes of incarnating here to assimilate the offerings Nature provides. This "school house" really is a blessing, I can see the affinity for reincarnating to Earth and why some might enjoy being actors(Moonstone :D). Perhaps God as an immortal omnipotent enjoys experiencing itself by varying degrees of vibration- but what then would that make us? I've also had this thought, based around idea's of Progress, just as we are gifted these bodies we might too be gifted an entire Universe.

With love,
    ~CP

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019 at 2:19 AM
    M00nst0ne and Li-la like this.