How Vested Should We Be, When We're Really Just Passing Through

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SeaAndSky, Jun 12, 2020.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

It definitely doesn't look like Switzerland, but it does looks like what can be expected from the people who took over there (who shall, in order to preserve the thread, remain unnamed).

S&S

Cyrus likes this.
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

An interesting discovery on my part. I was looking for something else and came across a post I made a couple of years ago about historical trends that seems strangely prescient in view of the events of the past couple of months:

But what concerns me most about all of the changes I like the least is that there seems to be a growing quality of frenzy and madness about them and those who promote them. I had hoped and thought that "The West" as a whole was headed in the opposite direction and leading the rest of the world in that direction. However, that seems as well to have been a part of my youthful naivete. You will know this "spirit" when you see it. There is always a frenzied and maddened quality about it, a tremendous hostility to history and tradition and a willingness and desire to destroy all that stands in the way, quash all opposing freedom of thought and dissent, and to impose complete conformity to their "ideal". I.e., it is always ultimately totalitarian in the realm of culture, religion and politics and seeks to overturn and crush all traditional mores and beliefs in favor of what its adherents consider to be more "enlightened" values. From this standpoint, no one in history is "pure" enough. All are irrevocably tainted except a few they consider to have been early proto-advocates. The remainder must be defaced and their memory erased if not useful to the cause. Ultimately, they leave only themselves and their cohorts as the source of values and wisdom. It is easy enough to see it and its ugly out-working in the French Revolution and the Communist Revolution and the reigns of terror and bloodshed that followed their successes. However, it is difficult and painful to see this tendency cropping up more and more in your own culture.

(http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/ancient-egypt-the-sun-please-help.8068/page-6#post-107674; post #112). Well, I'd far rather have been wrong, but if history follows its usual course, it will only get worse. There is, obviously, still hope. Nonetheless, it might be better to prepare your own "lifeboat" and be ready to "divest" as much as you can if things continue down hill.

Cordially,
    S&S

Speedwell, Cyrus and Jim78 like this.
  3. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

Hi, guys,

Sometimes I ask myself whether the very existence of the USSR, with all those horrors and marasms, served as a severe warning to the powerful of the Western World to follow their greedy instincts with more moderation, avoiding as best as they could the worst patterns of capitalism described in Marx's "Das Kapital", or else ... they would have followed their spiritual twins sacrificed to bolsheviks.

But there is nothing new under the Moon: the Western modern elites, just like the French aristorcrats after the definite defeat of Napolean and the restauration of monarchy in France - have learnt nothing and have forgotten nothing...

So, we are just beginning to repeat the same old historical curve the Humanity has already passed, beginning in the XIX-th century.

IMHO.

Best Regards.

SeaAndSky likes this.