Hypnagogia

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by cloud potato, Jan 23, 2018.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Last night I woke up from the middle of a dream in a panic. My heart and breath were pounding and a white light was flashing with each breath until I woke up mentally screaming, "Sammy!" I checked the time on my phone and it was 2:33AM.

I read up on Hypnagogia and believe it is a word meant to describe what we talk about when entering sleep paralysis and experience other things like mentioned above,

Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state between wakefulness and sleep in humans: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I found the signs and symptoms very interesting. I seem to get the tetris effect from time to time too.
    While it's interesting to see this as more common knowledge there's still so much we don't know... I found this pretty cool too,
    • This page was last edited on 30 December 2017, at 13:33.
    I really do want to explore more in these realms but feel that fear is still a major hindrance.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Very interesting post. I’ve never come across the word, if I did I don’t remember. What are you afraid of regarding this type of exploration? Sometimes when we write it out, we answer our own questions or others can chime in.

cloud potato likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Do you feel differently now? Had other experiences? Come across more information?

4. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi Deborah, interestingly enough I just woke up from an out of body. I found myself agreeing with Eowyns latest reply to firefly dancing discussing experience of the astral plane switching to a lucid dream and vice versa(which kind of validates my recent episode). I don't feel as fearful but the potential is there... Looking back at previous journal entries where I've magnetized those fearful images on the playing field I currently believe they may have been aspects of myself since, upon waking, they've snapped back into my body with me. To answer your first question... Perhaps it is the dogmas and reading of others negative experiences tied with a fear of the unknown that has propelled me to create and attract the scarier aspects of these episodes. Fear of the unknown is huge and I believe it important to meditate and practice Love as much as possible. In discovering Love fear seems to dissolve. I'm not saying there are not outside forces that may have negative inclinations but realizing the intensity one can create while in this in between state confused has most likely been the cause of much of my fear. I do feel different, having places like here to record and meeting more spiritually minded friends to discuss has brought some peace to being open. Taking this with the fact that I have experienced these states(lucid dreams, OBE and sleep paralysis) into consideration provides more of a confidence with each new experience while in-between which has allowed me to move about more freely and face things I may have cowered over before. I am grateful. It's exciting and I hope to go at it again. Thank you for the follow up. :)

Kind Regards,
    CP

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Mere Dreamer likes this.