I don't want to reincarnate

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by larali, Dec 10, 2015.

1. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

It seems that most people don't want to reincarnate, still they do.

From my regression experiences, when we die it feels like waking up from a dream. The you-after-death aren't the you-who-died, as you-after-waking-up aren't the you-in-your-dream. You have a different personality, different goals, different perspective.

Carloloner and Speedwell like this.
  2. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

To add to the subject, I remember that prior to being reborn in 1991, I absolutely, categorically didn't want to come back. I felt that the peace up there was a lot more enjoyable that the suffering we go through on earth.

However I have to bow down to the wisdom of the one that convinced me, as I think that an existence down there is a fantastic way of learning and growing.

It reminds me of a small phrase that I was once told, when I was hesitating to try something new in my life: "the comfort zone is a fantastic garden where nothing new grows".

3. briski

briski Senior Registered

Impressive you can remember your life before life, any other memories?

Speedwell likes this.
  4. briski

briski Senior Registered

Thats interesting, as Rich2150x basically says when you die you don't suddenly get any smarter. His done loads of regressions on other people and himself.

Speedwell likes this.
  5. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

To be honest, I don't want to reincarnate either, but I know I will reincarnate anyway because my personal motivations are not the same as the motivations of my soul. I remember that once I refused too much to reincarnate because I suffered a lot and I had depression in my past life. My parents didn't love me and I died with much resentment towards society and myself. I believed in reincarnation in my past life, but I didn't want to go through the same sad things. However, I reincarnated and although in this life I have problems with alcohol or strange mood swings, I am slowly improving my behavior and my failures. Now I realize that my soul needed to improve, and I am glad to be here again :)

briski and AlexD like this.
  6. briski

briski Senior Registered

One thing that I take from the reincarnation trap belief system, is if you dont want to reincarnate maybe try what is suggested. Which is to avoid the light and follow your own light, or if you have no light go towards the dark and ask to leave. This way you can remain in higher dimensions compared to the physical realm.

GreyReynard likes this.
  7. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Briski, now that you mention that, for a moment I also thought about following my own light and stop reincarnating, or something like that. I've read a lot of books where they explain that reincarnation is a trap and it's really about aliens. It sounds crazy, but I don't know, maybe it makes sense. I don't know what to believe sometimes. But I know that when I die in this life I will look for a way to do things in a personal way, without being manipulated by anyone.

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. briski

briski Senior Registered

Yeah the Archon soul trap belief really has gathered momentum

Angie Brown likes this.
  9. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

At this point all I want is choice and to be able have the choice of having a life where I won't get pushed to the edge so much by other people. I am really tired of modern Babylon (USA) as the culture here is horrendously extroverted and toxic. I am ok with coming back just not into another time where it is like how it is now and just want it to be somewhere more suitable where I don't get so dark in thinking and feeling. Certainly and what some have called a vacation life where you reincarnate on other world for a life before returning here again to play out whatever karma and lessons yet to be finished.

10. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

You know how this things are said to work: your beliefs and emotions generate thought forms that materialize in your reality. You're still young with a lot of potential.

Speedwell likes this.
  11. briski

briski Senior Registered

@Thyme From your other thread you remember chosing your body, do you remember being manipulated?

12. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi T&BA,

I thought you would appreciate this one. It kind of sums up some of what I think you're talking about:

Cordially,
    S&S

Angie Brown likes this.
  13. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Briski, I wasn't manipulated, I think. I remember that my "guides" were kind and they understood my pain. Perhaps I noticed a bit of persuasion (it's also a method of manipulation) and nervousness about my rebelliousness, but nothing more. In fact, one of my guides told me that I could stay in that beautiful place as long as I wanted, until I was ready to reincarnate. Nobody forced me to do anything, but I still have doubts.

I hope this isn't deflecting the subject from the thread. I can say that if someone doesn't want to reincarnate, I think they can stop, honestly. The question is: How? I have known many people who reincarnated in the astral world but they did not give me details about it. They think it is a good thing to reincarnate in the astral world instead of following the light and reincarnate on the mental plane. I don't know, doubts, doubts, doubts. If I contact one of my 'guides' again, I am going to ask serious questions about it.

GreyReynard and briski like this.
  14. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I often would say that I do not wish to reincarnate either. Not that I had anything to complain about my current life. It probably is the best one I ever had.
    Anyway, while I am enjoying parts of modern technology and the relative freedom of thought we are having today, I am a bit worried about how life on this planet will be in 50, 100, 500 years... and not sure I want to experience that.
    On the other hand, maybe time is not linear, and I also would bet that I would have said the same 500 years ago, more or less. Or 2000 years ago.
    It irks me a lot to see all this violence, intolerance and stuff, and how it often seems that mankind didn't learn a thing.
    On the other hand, if those of us who sometimes are suffering from weltschmerz because this world is as it is do not come back, it surely will be doomed. We still can do small things, and maybe we should return.

tanker likes this.
  15. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

Personally, I would love to not come back around again after this cycle through. I'm fearful of where humanity and the world is headed.

But, as Seeker has said prior to me, we might be the key to keeping the world from crashing and burning, by committing to small positives. If enough of us do little points of good, we can perhaps prevent humanity from ending up a cesspit of hatred and multiple warring factions. Toxicity is rife and on the rise now, but if enough of us push back then we might be able to turn the tide. Perhaps, some of us are destined to come back time and again to attempt making that small difference each time.

tanker and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  16. briski

briski Senior Registered

I do think in the physical world time is linear, in that when you incarnate it will always be going forward.
    As for destroying Earth, hopefully not breaching rules in here, lets just say I think we may have been here many times before not necessarily with Earth and our conciousness is a lot older than what we think.

fireflydancing likes this.
  17. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

From what I read, most people who believe in reincarnation would like not to reincarnate again (I don't have statistical data on this). I wonder if, for some people, this belief in reincarnation is more of a hope, similarly to the hope religions bring to their followers. On the same lines, karma, is the stick people might fear, even when they think nobody is watching them, here on Earth.

18. snowflake

snowflake Active Member

Hello, I’m brand new here and glad I came across this forum. I’ve read some posts here and decided to join you guys.
    I’ve belived in reincarnations since my early treenage years and it was in early ‘90. Reincarnation provides easy explanation for injustice. I used to say I believed in it because everyone has what they deserve. I convinced myself I wasn’t great mother in a past life (as my childhood experiences with my own mother, which eventually resolved in adulthood. Now I am a mother I forgave my mother for what she has done. I’ve however always looked for explanation and justification of her behaviour and motives). Now how can I perfect my soul if I have been tainted by my childhood? My mother was and is hypercritical and so I am. I am perfectionist and believe if I can do it, others can do too. It creates lots of tension between me and my husband and other people. I’m repeating my mothers mistakes (not in raising my child luckily) but in treatment of others. It’s like I inherited her traits. I’m not a free soul therefore if I am a part of given childhood, given set of parents who influenced me who I am now. It’s so true, that happy childhood = happy, successful adult. Having said all this about my childhood my life is rather happy one. Yet I cannot cope with small adversities in life. I have a massive compassion for other people and it makes me unhappy, sometimes guilty that I had this good, knowing what the world is like. I looked at my child sleeping peacefully in her cot thinking how lucky she was. There somewhere are little girls (boys) being abused and what chance do they have in bettering their souls? Do they deserve this? Is this their Karma? If Karma is real than there always will be some one abusing some else. It’s almost like Karma creates new abusers to abuse past abusers. I don’t understand why do I even need to better my soul and why it has to be via this material world. Why couldn’t I be perfect from the start? Karma is not now enough to satisfy my teenage belief that we have what we deserve.
    I am too tired and don’t want to come back. Sometimes I don’t want to exists and yet my life is almost brilliant.
    If I a low soul cannot look at the suffering of this world, how come higher beings can look at allow it to happen? Can anyone help me with my Karma dilemma? I am full time working busy mum and don’t have time researching it myself. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    GreyReynard likes this.
  19. briski

briski Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum @snowflake

Myself personally I dont believe in karma, I feel it was invented to make people behave in a certain way much like heaven and hell. I do believe though if you have a strong belief system thats what you see when you come out of the flesh suit at first.

I also believe we keep coming back I think its part of the life death life cycle I dont think we learn anything as such, I think conciousness is needed in order for the universes to exist.
    Kinder like if a branch fell in the woods did it happen if no one observed it?

I believe we have been doing this for an incredibly long time a lot longer than we realise

20. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum snowflake. I'm glad that you forgave your mother (and yourself hopefully) for the problems you encountered in your childhood. Like you (and perhaps most others), I had a similar happening that lasted almost to my father's death. I've often wondered if it wasn't a cycle where every other generation was similar wherein they were just reacting to the experience with their own parents.
    The thoughts about karma are quite varied on this forum and I have no thoughts to offer in that respect, I am comfortable to look at my life as an open script with particular challenges to be present to either test my previous understandings, give me a different experience, or to be a part of someone else's experience.