I don't want to reincarnate

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by larali, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

A lot of the guidelines are sensible and entirely justifiable. Well, all of those are, in fact. What is odd is that whole crews have gone missing entirely, even in recent times, when they have ventured into a prohibited are yet my understanding is that at least one must remain on ship.

Also, as briski mentioned, the reportedly 'shot on sight' rule. I don't know if that is just rumour or not, but there do seem to secrecies about the S Pole.

Anyone seen the online Piri map of islands there from prior to it being covered with ice?

Best wishes,

Angie

2. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Just a question — how would anyone truly benefit from lying and deceiving folks about the Earth’s shape? It just boggles me that folks would believe otherwise.

tanker likes this.
  3. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

And how do you think that people such as Galileo or Copernicus were just taking the word of experts? If you want to figure out the shape of the Earth for yourself, it is within your grasp. Lunar eclipses are fairly frequent, so you should be able to observe several, over a period of time. Look at the shadow cast on the Moon, by the Earth.

These things are how you challenge authority. Make the observations yourself. Use your own telescope. Your own camera. Don't trust anyone. Anyone! Make your own observations and - after a period of time you will accumulate sufficient data to form your own conclusions, But trust no-one until you measure it yourself first.

4. Angie Brown

Is this what you yourself have done?

As for Copernicus etc., they never even went up as high as an airplane. August Piccard went that high in a covered balloon though and recorded "No obvious curvature".

Added to which it is now known those 'photos' are composite, and many astrologers and scientists have stated that Earth is not a perfect globe as shown in those composites. The one thing we can all be certain of is that it isn't that perfect circular globe. It should be easy to find the scientists who state that by googling 'scientists say earth is shaped like?" and similar terms (as I once googled and found scientists saying different shapes. If they can't agree, who can? I believe they don't really know for sure either. If they knew, they would be agreed, wouldn't they?).

Probably, Earth is as other solid planets and stars. An irregular shaped rock.

Best wishes,

Angie

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  5. landsend

One thing is to be an irregular shaped rock... another thing is to be flat. It’s the flat earth theory that is against all logic and knowledge.

As for big chain shops. Take into account unlike small businesses they buy things in bulk, bulk = massively reduced costs. They have an overall bigger pot of money to dip into when opening a shop, and also more folks will frequent popular chains than your local shop. Although I don’t rule out tax avoidance and possible laundering of money, I know they wouldn’t keep a shop open if it wasn’t profitable. Big business guys are incredibly mean with money and for them every penny counts.

6. landsend

And back on topic now of why we don’t want to reincarnate ...

7. landsend

I guess I'm on the bandwagon of I don't want to reincarnate, but there seems to be an unavoidable compulsion to do so. I see this whole existence as a journey... this life is just another drop in the pond that is my existence in the whole ocean of life. When I'm in a good mood I think about giving it another go. It's a bit like having kids... you think 'God, why would you do it?' But then when you have them, in the good moments you think what would I do without them... (then they do things that make you wish you were permanently sterile).

One of the things that excites me is the possibility of space travel. The old pilot in me gets excited about the thought I could be whizzing along the multi-verse in some sort of Star Wars epic in a future life. The sort of politics that a multi-verse with different intelligent species could create would put all our Earthly worries to shambles. Just my two cents.

fireflydancing, Speedwell and AlexD like this.
  8. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Approximately 20 posts removed that derailed from the original topic and were political in nature, which is against forum guidelines. These posts could be cleaned up and put back, but until then do not start this off-topic conversation elsewhere in the forum.

fireflydancing, tanker and landsend like this.
  9. Angie Brown

I genuinely apologise, and shall be more careful to not be sidetracked in future.

Best wishes, and have a good holiday season to those with time off work,

Angie

landsend and inhaltslos like this.
  10. landsend

Good call moderators. We all need to be careful not to bring politics too much into these safe spaces — very difficult at times.

inhaltslos, Speedwell and tanker like this.
  11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I agree - politics is a divisive subject, and heaven knows, we need each other on-side here in respect and peace, above all.

fireflydancing and inhaltslos like this.
  12. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I don’t want to continue to go off-topic, but I wanted to add that, when tempted to get political on a thread here, keep in mind that political convos only serve up division. There are plenty of places to voice these opinions, and we all have them, but *this* is not the place. I personally have cut ties with ppl I’ve known my whole life over the current political climate. I’d hate to see connections here broken in the same way. Concentrate on the idea that there’s more we have in common than not

13. snowflake

snowflake Active Member

I’m currently reading Destiny of souls by Michael Kant. Supposedly we have option of not reincarnating. I would love to know opinions of those of you who have read it. There are some things which I like and some which I don’t and I’m hardly ready to accept it.
    Can’t believe we are this imperfect that we keep reincarnating for thousands of years!
    Maybe we should start a new discussions on the book? I’m not sure however if this topic is allowed.

Angie Brown likes this.
  14. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

I have stated in another thread my disinterest in coming back. I would go so far as to say I don’t really care about an afterlife either. I feel as though my very soul is weary.

What I gather from my intuition while meditating or ruminating on this subject makes me think that the idea of wanting to cease to exist both physically and spiritually when we die is abhorrent to our guides, creator, etc.

But, I think I could reincarnate perpetually for eternity and not get it “right”. I have looked a lot into what “enlightenment “ is supposed to consist of. It’s simply getting to the point of moving past the suffering of existence usually by no longer being concerned with it. Seems actually selfish because it only benefits you. So even getting everything right seems wrong to me.

Angie Brown likes this.
  15. landsend

The more I live the more I realise there is no magic solution. No golden path to enlightenment. Just there is this, that’s all there is and all there ever will be. I think if you can move beyond your own suffering you become more inclined to help others.

Angie Brown and KenJ like this.