I had past life regression and I’m not sure if it was real.

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by Dona33, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Dona33

Dona33 Member

So a few years ago I decided to go to a hypnotist and have past life regression. I did feel super relaxed but it took some time to get me to that state. During the regression I was a woman with long blonde hair in a yellow corset dress. I couldn’t see what I looked like because I was looking from her point of view but could just see the long blonde hair. I walked up some steps into a large room with a fireplace and there was a man stood at the side of the fireplace. He was absolutely gorgeous and was wearing a black cap and had dark hair like in a short bob type style. He was wearing them black baggy trousers things men wore in the Middle Ages and a black cloak.

Ok so here’s where it gets cheesy! So as I walked towards him he had a big smile on his face and said “I will find you my Anne” god I’m cringing just at that line. And then that was it I was back in a hallway full of doors and brought out of the regression.
    When I came round I was extremely drained and felt heavy. Even though everything I saw seemed real I couldn’t help but think I had imagined it despite never having a very good imagination.

Ok again this is why I think I may have imagined it. I have had a massive interest in Richard 3rd for some time. I am obsessed with anything to do with him and his wife, and queen, Anne. I get actually annoyed when I see, or read, things that say he killed his nephews, the princes in the tower as I believe truly he didn’t do it and I want to defend him. I also could genuinely cry for him that he lost the battle of bosworth. In the regression the man stood there had all the sort of clothing on Richard would have worn, along with the hair and of course me being Anne. He didn’t look like he does in his portraits but none survive that were drawn when he was alive so there’s a good chance he looks different to his portraits.

About a week after this I was laid in bed, not asleep, and all of a sudden and I mean for literally seconds only I was somewhere else, that I felt was middleham castle and he was stood in front of me, really close, but then I was back in bed. It was all very strange and I keep meaning to maybe go again. It felt so real, the regression, at the time but the skeptical part of my brain tells me it was just imagination.

Emerald and Jaimie like this.
  2. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I would suggest going again, or trying a self-regression through the internet (there are plenty of resources on YouTube). I have done a couple of self-regressions, but I think I might need to try again. I've gone from being a French waitress 'fraternising' with homesick soldiers in WWII, to a woman named Emilie in a concentration camp on the border of France and Germany. With the obvious overlap in times, I can't be both. However, I think one of them to be even remotely truth, but I'm too busy clutching at what straws I can to learn which. I need to clear out my head of these ideas, then try a regression on nothing but instinct and what comes to my mind in the moment. The first time was probably wishful thinking that I had some link with the men of E Company, 101st Airborne Division (the focus of 'Band of Brothers'). The Holocaust references must be from my faintly perceived calling toward Judaism and wanting answers as to why I feel so drawn to the religion I have no known connection to in this lifetime. And, I'm beginning to wonder which young man I loved, if any; the kind-eyed soul that called himself Jakob in my second regression, or the homesick GI who stole a kiss in the moonlight in my first time going back...

So, definitely try again, but attempt to clear your mind before "going under". That's certainly what I intend to do, despite somewhat believing that none of what I've been shown is real and that I might just end up getting some completely different life!

3. Dona33

Dona33 Member

Thankyou for your reply. I am definitely going to go again at some point. I have tried self regression through meditation but I don’t do it enough and it’s onviously not a fast process. I will tell myself I’m going to meditate everyday, do it 2 or 3 days in a row then life takes over and I don’t do it again. It just felt so real at the time and then self doubt takes over. How long did it take you to master self regression and could you recommend a good YouTube video to use.

4. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

Master it? Pft, I'm no self-regression guru! I've done it twice and both times I got pulled in the direction of an "Emilie" with a kind-eyed man who offered up the name "Jakob". As it turns out, they were [maybe] ploys by my imagination as it was clutching at straws for what I wanted to experience. Not what I needed to experience. As it turns out, I was possibly on the right track with a French connection and something to do with America, but both Emilie and Jakob are possibly irrelevant. I'm not sure, yet. I need to do further regressions to see what else gets offered up. And try to keep Emilie and Jakob from pulling me in their direction.

As for recommendations, there's Brian Weiss' 30-min session and I also completed one by the user "Joe T" that was about an hour long. During Weiss', I received the name "Emilie" and an image of a petite brunette. During the second, I was given the name "Jakob" and knew to spell both names as I write them as soon as I came back out of the meditations. There wasn't much more, besides the same cobbled street and burgundy leather shoes both times. Everything else seemed dark and hazy, almost forced by my imagination just to push through to the conclusions. After my second regression, I turned to Ancestry with the names and an idea of France. I found a couple of names that I was drawn to, but then I dropped them and went with just 'France' and a year that would mean my former self was in her 20s during the war. I was led to a woman who bore a resemblance to my current self. However, that's all there is in that lead. No recollections, no emotions, just a picture that looks eerily like me. Emilie and Jakob are still proving to be quite strong connections to the past. Maybe, because I've grabbed on to those names and I'm convinced I was Emilie, with a kind-eyed man called Jakob at my side for a time. I suppose it's not so far-fetched, considering the name Jakob/Jacob has long been 'meaningful' to me for unknown reasons. So, perhaps, I am on the right path with "Emilie" and "Jakob" after all...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Yvette,

Just a quick comment related to your two possible lives during the same period.

Dr. Michael Newton found cases of overlapping or simultaneous incarnations by sufficiently advanced souls. This idea is, nonetheless, hard for many to believe, and I make no commitment one way or the other myself. However, I find the idea interesting and would be hesitant to say it is impossible.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

Skepticism does not seem possible to cure entirely. Everyone will doubt now and again. It is a part of being human.

The deal with past life memories is that it could either be real, or a creation of your subconscious. If it is real, then the effects of this real situation are likely still a part of your current life, and they should be worked through. If it is a creation of the subconscious, it has still drawn out material that bothers you or in some way informs your deeper thought processes, just in a code like through a dream. Either way, it brings up material to work with in order to better or understand yourself. It does not matter which of the options is the case if the result is still the same. You just have to put the question down and move to the next step.

There and back again likes this.
  7. Stacy Swan

Stacy Swan Active Member

Dona33 I find your post fascinating, in light of my past life that I shared recently. Most unusual that I joined the group on August 31 and you joined on September 2. I didn't even see your post to read it until today. I do truly think that you need to check my past life out! ;) My Journey from the Wars of the Roses There is a Part 1 and a Part 2. Stacy

8. Dona33

Dona33 Member

I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to your post earlier. I haven’t been on here for so long and have only just seen it. I read part one of your war of the roses post and it’s fascinating that you and your partner are both descendants of Anne and Lord Stanley. I couldn’t find part 2 to read though. May I ask how you managed to trace your family tree back so far? I do plan to soon have another regression to see if I am again Anne. I read book after book on Richard 3rd and love to get lost in his world, for a short time, while reading about him. I still wonder if my regression was real but the experience I had afterwards makes me think it is.

9. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Dona, skepticism is healthy in your research. Our journey into understanding reincarnation is by no means certain. Read and discern everything that you can. What I think is more important than the facts of who exactly we were, is what the information we have before us can do to enhance our current existence. What have you learned, or think you need to learn from your experience? Even if your regression wasn't "real" what can you learn from your fascination with these people? Real or not, who is to say, but it is somehow relevant to you. Good luck in your journey. ~Tman

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I am more skeptic of meditation than of my flashbacks, and I think it has to do with the "regression-talker" giving me orders, shifting scenes and before and after sometime make me imagine seeing things. The good thing is I am having a feeling when it is more unreal than real.

I trust my flashbacks more. They began when I visited America like 25 year ago. When we were in Hollywood I went into a store and saw a postcard shell (one you can spin) and when I saw an old postcard photo of the actor James Dean, I did not think Oh, that is James Dean, it was instead an instant warmth, like "Oh, there you are, what are you doing there?"; that type of emotion. So I was young and did not think much of it. I ask my mom if she knew who he was. She said what she knew (and half of it was wrong, ha ha, she must have confused him with some other star). At the time I thought he was "old". I did not idolize him in a romantic way. Anyways, I started getting flashbacks for the first time in my life. My flashbacks are if I should make a comparison, like I am listening to one radio channel and suddenly there is a disturbance and temporarily, only for a few seconds, another radio channel take over. When this started to happen it frighten me. I tried to tell myself I had imagined them, but the emotions, what I saw, "heard" was nothing I could control or rule over. I also had dreams. It was really as if I was somebody else. I was this older woman (who was not really old, but by my book she was kinda old) who knew Mr Dean himself. It was no glamorized experiences in terms what I would think this movie star world was all about.

When we got to NY city I went "Thank God" because I thought my flashbacks would stop as they seem to concern what had happened in that area. But no.... Instead I began to have memories from being the same grown woman living in a NY apartment, high up, being married and being a mother. One of my clearest memories was going through the entrance, saying hello to the man at the entrance and to the elevator-boy. She was fond of the young elevator boy and would small talk with him. She knew he studied alongside his job as an usher boy and what his dreams were. She was very supportive. She saw him as a younger brother. Then one day her husband was in the elevator too and he could be arrogant. After as they came off the elevator and into their place they started to argue, as he did not understand why she had to be so friendly to everyone, and then she (she and I both have a poor impulsive, instinct control) said "Have you forgotten where you came from ?". The look he gave her then took me out of my flashback, out of fear.

Some years later I was able to find out that she was no product of my imagination. I was able to find her in a James Dean biography, but as stupid as it sounds, it was not easy. More than half of the information of her, the little that there now was, was untrue. So at first I went straight pass her, thinking Oh, it can't be her. I did not even have her name. Mr James Dean had a busy love life (Mr Charming boy there) and I had to go through all the ladies to see if they fit my profile. While doing so I would at times just laugh at myself because it was all so silly. I did not know or believe in reincarnation before. When I saw a photograph of her she was looking down. There was no Internet. It was also silly because I did not know how big James Dean's fame was, terribly naive perhaps. In my memories of him he was no movie star or at least he never acted like I thought (my own young and prejudiced mind perhaps) a movie star would act. For example I remember her driving and parking her car outside a street and on the pavement he sit down and he had one of those brown paper bags they have in America (we don't have them where I live) when one buy grocery. Well, he had that and he grabbed that and got into her car, and I could see that was where he had clothes in. It should have been a bag. I do remember him giving her jewelry that glittered and I don't think they were fake, so he had money, or perhaps he had just gotten hold of money, but to buy a simple bag for himself or fine clothes were of less interest. Years later I read that someone said that instead of a bag he would pack and get on an airplane with his paper bag. Further more years I read from someone that yes, he had insisted on buying her expensive jewelry.

It was during another trip to the US in a library where the evidence, to me, that is, that she had lived in an apartment in NY city for a period of time. This was a rare piece of information that was difficult to find, it was a line in an article, that's it. I even had remembered the exact floor where they had lived earlier. I could also tell why she had spoken to her husband in that manner. He had come from working class,I later found out. My personal experience tell me she hated it when he was arrogant to people just because he could. I would later read by his own words that he knew he could be arrogant at times. He would once also comment years after the divorce that he thought she had been lovely in her mannerism in how she was with everyone, that she was friendly. (but in my memory he had not liked it that time apparently...).

Anyways, it is still hard for me to think I knew a real life icon in a past life, I feel more comfortable knowing I knew a real life person in a past life who later touched fame. That is not for me to say he does not deserve the fame, he was very, very good at what he did. I've also learned that fame is different from what I thought it would be and the line between being "somebody" and "nobody" is thin and unhealthy on both side of the fence as we are all somebody's.

Anyways your Richard can appear in dreams, meditation and with the talker manipulating things and when that has happened to me (With experiences of Dean) perhaps not everything that happens was right, but the strong instinct emotion and some fragment are, and that's OK.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. Dona33

Dona33 Member

Wow your post is fascinating. I’ve never had any flashbacks apart from the strange experience I had in bed but I don’t know if you would call it a flashback. I was just reading in bed and all of a sudden I was at middleham castle and Richard, who I had seen in the regression, was there right in front of me with a solemn look on his face and then seconds later I was back in bed. That experience is what makes me think my regression was real. I still want to attend another or maybe persevere more with regression meditation as I’ve never had another experience like that.

Jaimie likes this.
  12. Dona33

Dona33 Member

There is still a small part of me that wonders if reincarnation, although 95 percent of me believes it is, is even real as I’m so sure I do not want to be reincarnated or even again if I have been in the past. I have loved ones I have lost that I firmly want to be with when I pass and definitely don’t want another life after this one. I have so much more to learn and I’m going to do some reading about reincarnation too.

KenJ, Polaris8 and Tinkerman like this.
  13. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Dona 33,

If I may make a suggestion. If you do go back to have a regression session done again ask if the person has the ability to help you to access your Akashic records from either the soul/causal dimension (preferred) or from the higher mental plane/dimension. The reason I say this is because if you are accessing those memories from the astral level which most therapist do they tend to be not very reliable. Because the astral body is where our emotional awareness comes from and is the next dimensions just beyond the physical. It is a dimension that is in constant flux and change. Much like ripples of water that have reflections in it. So the memories tend to be scrambled and not constant. Where as if you access your PL memories from the higher mental or better yet the causal body they are far more accurate. Reason being is on the higher mental plane those memories are more focused and still because one is using the higher cosmic mind to access them. Much like a still clear pond of water so it tends to be more accurate. On the causal level it is much better because it is here on the soul plane where all memories of your past lives are actually stored. Because the causal/soul body is the eternal you because it is above linear time, space and matter. So each time we reincarnate we receive a new mental, astral and physical body which has no memory of these past lives. It is within the soul/causal body where these memories are actually stored. Because as soul you are eternal by nature. As you are a divine spark of consciousness from god.

As far as you loved ones are concern don't' worry. When it is your time to cross over you will be drawn into one of the sub planes somewhere within the inner worlds/higher dimensions where you already resonate from within now. More then likely you will be greeted by those souls who you have a inner bond of love with. And for a time will get to spend time with then during your afterlife. As there needs to be time spent on the higher dimensions first before soul decides to reincarnate again back into the lower worlds of duality. I know you say I don't want to come back again. I'm like that too myself. However that is our human consciousness talking. Which tends to be very limited in awareness. On the soul level we see and understand the bigger picture of the grand scheme we call life. So it is from that level of awareness where we make that decision from. Just remember my dear as soul you are older than the universe in which you live in.

Love and peace always. P.

Jaimie and KenJ like this.
  14. Stacy Swan

Stacy Swan Active Member

Here is part 2.
    http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/my-journey-from-the-wars-of-the-roses-part-2.7977/#post-106288

15. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

16. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the video, that looks like my own spine, but bent in the other direction. Because of having the use of only my right arm, I have deformed my body accordingly. Not from arthritis, but from muscle use of just one side of my body. I'm hardly recoginizable of my former "self" at this time.

17. Dona33

Dona33 Member