I just had my first regression today. I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sector9, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Sector9

Sector9 New Member

Hi all. I'm new to this site. After my experience today I've been desperately looking around for a place to talk to people about this...it makes me feel crazy. For a little bit of background I'm a 20 year old yoga instructor, so I hear alot about reincarnation alot. I've always excepted it as a possibility but never a truth. As 0f how young I am, I feel it's natural to be uncertain. Anyways, today I was in between classes and had about 3 hours to kill before my next one. My fellow teacher, well call her Paige, was in the studio with me as she lives within walking distance. Her and I are discussing hypnosis and she asks me if I want to do a past life hypnosis. Having so much time on my hands I figure, hey, what's the harm? Now, I've been teaching for 3 years and practicing for 5 so it's realitvley easy for me to get to a deep meditative state pretty quickly. The whole thing took about an hour and 45 minutes so I was in a very deep meditation at this point, in meditation we often do visualization and that was part of this. In my meditation I'm on a beach and no one is around as far as the eye can see. The sand is white and soft and I can even smell the salty air. While I'm *walking* I look up. There's a girl there about 18 years old, dark tan, with black wavy hair. She just turned her head, looked at me with big brown sad eyes, and smiled a close mouthed smile. Like she was sad but also content. I jolted myself awake and told Paige I had to leave, an overwhelming feeling of crushing sadness, fear and joy...I started sobbing in my car and once again as I told my friend. Im afraid when i look in a mirror or out a window i will see her and I don't know why. Today I realized there are things in this world I will never understand...

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Hello Sector9,

welcome to the forum.
    Sorry to hear you are having a hard time.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Sector9, hopefully you will receive some answers that will help you. But first I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

The feelings that come from remembering a pastlife are not well known to me as I've only had a few brief encounters. What you will find on this forum is that the memories can either be helpful in your current life or add torment to you if you feel a need to somehow still be responsible for something connected with it.

As to your statement about today's learning, welcome to the club - all of us have had that experience I believe. Look around through the archives, read the guidelines, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to get what you want.

Sector9 likes this.
  4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome, Sector9. It's very common to access overwhelming emotions during a regression. I think in your case you may have encountered one of your soulmates, an aspect of self, or a guide. The beach sounds gorgeous.

It might feel safer to drop into meditation and make room for insights on your own. Ask for dreams, maybe. You can request only positive memories at first to get used to the process. Not everyone has that level of control, but if you're experienced with meditation you probably can set parameters on what you'll experience. Just know that those parameters will skew your view of a life unless you pay attention to the gaps.

Take lots of notes and lots of time. This is not a speedy process of self discovery, but more of an integration of self so you create a stable core from which to approach life.

5. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

I had a past life regression about 6 months ago and had strong emotions afterward too.

6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

The more regressions you have, the more distance and perspective you get (from those past lives). What you describe might not even be a past life regression.

When you try experiences like that, start by symbolically leaving your physical sheath (emotions, and thoughts about physical) in a box, and close the lid on it, as Robert Monroe's scripts describe.

Sector9 likes this.
  7. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

That sounds like a very emotional experience. I have had many similar experiences where I jolt out of the memory before being able to resurface naturally. Actually, I have only made it through one or two sessions without doing so.

8. Sector9

Sector9 New Member

"Mere Dreamer,
    Thank you so much, that's something I didn't even think about! Honestly I haven't been sleeping to well after all this but maybe this will help!

9. Sector9

Sector9 New Member

If you don't mind my asking, does it become easier? I feel really frazzled and unsure still.

10. Sector9

Sector9 New Member

I'm honestly so happy I signed up here. I feel a little more at ease knowing I'm not alone... thankyou so much

11. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

Welcome Sector 9...far from alone. Sounds to me more like a past love you just remembered. Someone you loved deeply and lost. Funny i had some vivid dreams that took place on the most amazing beach. And i met my first love in this life on such an incredible beach on a secluded island....can anyone make suggestions recommending particular youtube videos for past life regressions? I have discovered my past lives form vivid dreams and memories. But one recent one blew me away and instead of writing it all down (i had names and dates etc) i dismissed it all and got on with my life. But now i am so curious..lol. Mostly because it was so recent a life and entertaining. . Anyhow, if anyone can recommend anything.

12. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

From my experience the emotion does become easier to deal with. I would say that even though it might be hard try to focus on the present. Also do things you enjoy to get your mind off the memories. That has been what has helped me the most with feelings of depression is doing things I enjoy.