I think My 2 yr old is my deceased son

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by amsingleton, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amsingleton

amsingleton New Member

I gave birth to a son (Ernest Jr.) on January 16, 2004. He was born with a rare birth defect called a vein of galen malformation. It is similar to an aneurysm. He went through 3 brain surgeries and many other treatments but after 18 days of that trauma, I decided that his small body shouldn't be put through anymore torture. We had him cremated and kept his ashes on top of the fireplace. We also kept 2 large pictures of him and a shadow box containing a hair clipping, footprint, and some items of clothing.

I got pregnant immediately after he died, 1 month later to be exact. I gave birth to another son (Eric) on November 14, 2004. At around 2 months, Eric would start screaming hysterically and wouldn't stop crying until he was taken into the living room where the pictures and everything were. Then he would just stare at the pictures until he got tired.

He is a very smart 2 year and very big for his age. We also make jokes that he has been here before. But a few months ago, he got a hair cut and I noticed that his head is misshapen right at the top and there's no explanation that I can come up with. He wasn't born with any defects or anything. His head has been perfectly round up until recently.

In reading some of the stories in Return From Heaven, it makes me wonder if Ernest has come back. We were so heartbroken over the whole situation that maybe he felt the need to come and comfort us. I'm just confused. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate all feedback.

Angela

This post and discussion is continued in the thread I think my 2 yr old is my deceased son

2. Carol

Carol Author

Hello Angela,

It is possible that Ernest came back to you quickly in a healthy body. On some level Eric may have been trying to communicate that to you when he was comforted by the mementos of Ernest.

I would add that sometimes physical abnormalities or sensitivities in the body relating to previous lives show up after birth. Is this area of his head the site of Ernest's surgeries?

Since Ernest was so young when he died, it would be difficult to match personality traits. However, I wonder how Eric feels about going to the pediatrician or other doctors. Anything unusual?

I wish you the very best with Eric, as we all do. I hope he brings you great comfort.

Carol

This post and discussion is continued in the thread I think my 2 yr old is my deceased son

3. amsingleton

amsingleton New Member

To answer the question about Eric's head, it is at the very top and toward the front which is where it would have been affected at if Ernest had lived with the aneurysm in his head. There are people who have this disorder that live for a few months, and in rare cases become adults. But they all eventually have misshapen heads due to the pressure in the brain.

Also, Eric absolutely hates the doctor and always has. He won't even let them check him with the stethescope or look at his throat or anything. But thank God, he rarely has to go. He is super healthy. Never once has he had an ear, throat, or respiratory infection and he's never taken antibiotics so. He's just perfect.

Yesterday we were driving in the car and Eric was in the back seat and I said to him, "Eric thank you for coming back from heaven." And he said in the cutest voice ever, "You're welcome." Needless to say, I almost ran off the road. I know I'm probably reading too deep into that but it was a shock and it was very cute and touching anyway.

Angela

4. Carol

Carol Author

Angela,

Thanks for the additional information.

I know many kids don't like to go to the doctor, but in Eric's case, I suspected that if he had had so much medical treatment in his prior life, it may have left him really disliking doctors and anything related to medical treatment. All the surgeries would probably have left a strong impression in his short life.

If Eric has any memories of Ernest, he may remember dying or wanting to return to you. Please keep us posted if anything comes up. It's best not to fish around for information, or plant suggestions. Just see if he comes up spontaneously.

Carol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.