I was met with this skepticism about my past life. Should I take it to heart?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Snowdeal, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Snowdeal

Snowdeal New Member

I wrote about my past life as Freddie Mercury on the "Past Life Memories" section of these boards. An internet user (whose name I will keep anonymous) said this:

They also said:

Is this person's argument valid in disproving reincarnation? Are their claims valid in disproving my beliefs in my personal reincarnation?

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I would say that their claims have some truth in them, whether or not reincarnation is REAL has not been scientifically PROVED OR DISPROVED by them or anyone here on this forum. The person you quoted obviously has made their mind up about it which is their prerogative, that does not make it a FACT. The statement about shared characteristics is provable, for example I was surprised to learn years ago that there was a better than even chance for a shared birthday in any group of thirty people - a lot smaller figure than I previously imagined. On the other hand they are correct that reincarnation usually reduces the fear of death.

In my opinion, we are all given bits and pieces of information that we weave into our experiences to create our map of reality so when someone like that hears something that does not fit their reality they counter with something that doesn't fit in your reality. This isn't all bad as it think pushes you to think about the reality you have constructed. You have several choices, one is to entrench yourself in your belief, another is to brush it of by ignoring it, while still another is to critically examine those elements of your reality - we can only offer our own experiences that we have included within our own realities.

How does what that person said affect you? Would you live your life differently if you accepted their version of reality? All I know is that the experiences I've had support unseen entities that have helped me and things that are otherwise unexplained. I find the "evidence" of reincarnation in quite a few places and it is comforting as well as being able to hold my somewhat strange experiences so it is included in my reality whether or not I can prove it. For those entities to exist, to me, necessitates something at least similar to reincarnation.

fireflydancing likes this.
  3. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Ken,

I didn't want to post off topic, but I couldn't find how to send you a private message. Here's a link to the "Birthday Paradox" with its explanatory math:

https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-birthday-paradox/

In a room of 23 people there’s a 50-50 chance of two people having the same birthday.
    In a room of 75 there’s a 99.9% chance of two people matching.

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It isn't that I don't understand it, it was just a shock years ago when I first realized it, and I felt that it was relevant to what I was saying. Thanks for the link as it was interesting.

By the way, if you click on a member it brings up a place where you can "start a conversation".

5. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Their opinion is valid, everyone is free to have their own, personal opinion and beliefs.
    No one can prove or disprove reincarnation, though.
    And no one can either prove or disprove that you were Freddy Mercury.
    Anyway, what you think, feel or even know (as in intuitive knowledge) is right is entirely up to you. While it cannot hurt to question yourself and consider other people's opinions, you and you alone can decide for yourself. I am struggling with this myself, but I cannot see another way. Blindly taking on other people's opinions feels as wrong as claiming to know the one and only truth or anything at all that goes beyond personal belief. Especially when there is no empiric proof or falsification.

I understand that this insecurity can drive one crazy. Was I this person in a past life or not? Yes? No? This speaks for it, that speaks against it...

Some other questions you can ask yourself:
    What, exactly, does Freddy Mercury and the possibility that you were him mean to you?
    What do you have in common concerning personal relationships, health issues, character traits, sense of humor or lack thereof, personal beliefs and such? Anything that goes deeper than skill and such. Is there something Freddy had issues with, you have issues with, but you can work on now?
    Can this possible past life help you to learn and grow? Is there something you can "gain" from it?
    Do you still see fame, money and such as something to strive for? What would Freddy, your possible PL self, say to that?
    What were your personal goals when you were Freddy (if you remember or can feel it) and what they are now?

fireflydancing and Spirit Sword like this.
  6. Ravenna

Ravenna New Member

I know this is an old thread, but Snowdeal, I would just like to say that it's definitely possible you were Freddie. If I were you, I would either get regressed, or learn how to regress myself (it's easy, I've been doing it for thirty years) and try to remember that life in detail -- and cut off all further research into Queen while you are doing this. Keep notes, spend a lot of time thinking about it, and see if the things you remember from regression help explain the person you are today. If the life is real, you will see patterns in that life and this one. Somebody had to be Freddie. Whoever that person is will be confronted with lots of triggers, so I would think the odds of remembering would be much greater. And by the way, I'm a HUGE Queen fan and everything you said sounds really plausible, knowing Freddie as I do. :)

7. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Senior Member

Hi there!
    Here are some of my opinions/thoughts. If we've been around from the stoneage and further back we are sure to have been someone famous in one way or another and/or linked to someone else who has been or are. I think being famous does not make anyone somebody - we are all somebody. Another thought I have is that yes, one might have received information about a certain famous person but that does not mean for that reason only that you have imagined it all. I have over time learned to trust the memories I've been given about a specific past life after being able to check it up later (it was attached to a so called famous person in his day for a period of time) that some of the things I remembered had actually happened, but it is impossible for me to prove it because a non-believer can just say I must have caught the information before. Only you will know - and that is all that counts. So stay strong! :)

8. Ravenna

Ravenna New Member

Sortoflikeheaven, that's a very good point: learning to trust your memories, in my opinion, makes your accuracy rate go way up. It's when you doubt your memories that you start to see things that maybe didn't happen the way you think. Like you, I've checked on facts over the years, and the more I'm able to confirm what I've seen, the more I seem to get things right. I've heard remote viewing works in much the same way.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it's VERY common for someone to think they were a specific famous historical person, but in reality they were just someone close to that person. In my case, early on I was very, very drawn to George IV of England and read tons of books about him. It turned out that my husband in that life was chamberlain to George IV's wife, Queen Caroline, and our lives were constantly disrupted by her actions -- and her actions were caused by her husband's, as he was constantly trying to discredit and divorce her. So it's also possible that Snowdeal was someone close to Freddie, but not Freddie himself. That's where the patterns come in. You should be able to see a straight line from that life to you if it's true you were that person. The more I find out about my life in Georgian England, the more it explains not just who I am, but why I'm in the situations I find myself. That won't be true if you are someone in Freddie's circle of friends. The only way you're going to know is to try to remember what happened to you then.

One more thing: coincidence happens way more than you think. Big coincidence. I've seen this myself in my own research. So it's possible that all Snowdeal cites as reasons he/she is Freddie could just be a massive coincidence. Again, you won't know until you uncover some memories that can be tracked to a certain time and place.

sortoflikeheaven likes this.
  9. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

This thread is a little old, but I thought it was interesting.

I think you should go deeper into that past life and remember things you can't find on the Internet (Obviously, when you have a famous past life it's very common that in documentaries or web pages there is a lot of information about it and there are also a lot of people who can say they are the same person that you say you are) When I was confused by a famous past life, I tried to find things that nobody knew or things that weren't on the Internet. It was a very good exercise and in the end I discovered the truth. In my opinion, I prefer anonymou lives all the time for the pleasure of anonymity, but I was famous in three lives. What are the chances that you are currently a person who was famous? A lot of possibility. Here in the physical world we can be famous, but we're still just souls. About the argument... Maybe those arguments are valid, but that doesn't mean that you should stop having your personal beliefs. And yes, reincarnation makes you a little less afraid of death, but at the same time reincarnation has disadvantages for some people. Some people think it's a path to God, others think it's a path to spirituality, others think we're all connected to the same source, others think reincarnation is a punishment and we should pay for the wrongdoings of our previous lives, blah, blah, blah.

My advice to people who read this and think they have a famous life in the past: : Look for something that no one else knows. Some specific memory, some secret, idk, something like that.

briski likes this.
  10. briski

briski Senior Registered

@Snowdeal I hope you return to this forum to see these new favourable comments.