Ian's story.

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by 4mysonK, Nov 30, 2008.

1. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Update: Today, he said the mean king stabbed him in the stomach with a sword, and then threw his body in the water. This wasn't an upsetting thing for him at all.

I found a Chinese culture site that had this information:

"In China, many ethnic groups have the tradition of tattooing. The tattoos of different ethnic groups possess their distinctive regional characteristics and have their own folk legends. The ancient Chinese regarded dragon as the god in charge of water, so people in Wuyue area (present Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces) who made a living by fishing liked to have dragon, snake or fish scale patterns tattooed on their body, so as to make them similar to the dragon, and hence get safety while fishing. In addition, tattoo has the functions of clan identification and marriage restriction.

Tattoo was adored by
    gallant knights, who regarded it as a heroic measure."

Also--

"In ancient China, a bride was supposed to wear a red veil made of a piece of exquisite red silk cloth at her wedding. The veil was meant to be removed by the bridegroom in the bridal chamber."

This might have something to do with Ian connecting the color red so completely with "old" Soh-Soh, as well as his obession with getting married and his approaching wedding.

:confused: Maybe.

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Wow! Excellent detective work and two great pieces of validation.

Certainly with myself, and I think with most others experience this in a similar way, past life memories tend to come in 'flashes' - like single scenes from a movie trailer that somehow remind you of the whole film. The way Ian sometimes describes things, it is as though he is getting repeated flashes of the same scene. These things come in fits and starts, maybe he is remembering his wedding day to Soh-Soh when he describes this, or seeing her in her wedding dress. He was very keen to get red flowers for the wedding and so on. Perhaps he remembered doing that before?

It seems he has recalled the incident when he was killed now. When I was very young I used to remember all kinds of fairly 'graphic' stuff and it didn't particularly upset or distress me either. His treating of all this fairly nonchalantly certainly rings true to me.

You are doing very well. Just keep listening to him tell his story. No doubt more will come to light in time.

How are you finding reading Carol's book has helped you? Have you gained any new insights while reading it?

3. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

^ Oh yes, Carol's books are helping me immensely! I find myself going, "Yep, yep. That's what Ian is doing. Yep." :thumbsup: I'm about half-way through the children's book, then I'll move to the other one.

And I do think you're right, Tanguerra. He definitely seems to be getting things in flashes. Sometimes he refers to himself as already married, but mostly that the wedding is coming soon. Then again, he speaks of Soh-Soh coming up in this life, too. Ha! It's fun and fascinating!

Yet another tidbit for the day:

We were painting a few minutes ago, and he started telling me about the "monsters" when he was in the dead city. He said they were nice, and that one day, he could be a monster. He continues to say they're "Blonde" and "Hairy."

I asked him about the "bad guy" he talked about that "made him go there" and also wouldn't let him communicate with others. Tonight, he told me that this particular "monster" was actually nice. I suppose anyone who is forcing you to do something could be seen as the enemy, even though you know it's for your own good. *shrug*

This was the weird part. He said they made him eat something black that tasted very bad. He made it very clear that you HAD to eat it, no matter what. You could spit it out, though. I have no idea what that could stand for. He said he had to do that so he could get into the great city, where there are also "blonde" monsters. By that, I really think he means "light," because he compared blonde to the Christmas lights, which glow white in the middle, but gold around the edges. Hairy? No idea! Maybe strands or beams of light coming off them?

He also said that after eating the black stuff and going to the great city, he came "here." I asked what he meant, and he said, "human."

Has anyone heard of being made to eat something? I'm guessing this is a child's way of describing something that is indescribable.

Maybe taking in darkness? Swallowing your bad deeds? Wow, there's something to ponder!

4. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi 4mysonK,

I did a quick google search on glass dollhouses and found the following:

From what I've glanced through this morning, it seems that many dollhouses contained stained glass windows - and some smaller items in the house were made from blown glass. Another thought is perhaps the dollhouse wasn't made entirely of glass - but had glass parts. ;)

Aili

5. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Wow, Ailish, those are some cool dollhouses! Thanks for investigating. :eek: )

I actually asked Ian about the size of the so-called dollhouse. He showed me the size with his hands, and it was similar to a Christmas ornament. Frankly, I find it strange that he would use the word "dollhouse." He doesn't have dolls, of course, and if he saw an ornament like that, he'd likely say it's a "house." I know that seems like a stretch because he obviously could've heard the word from somewhere else, but as his Mom, and knowing him, I find it a bit odd. I can see a little girl describing it that way, though. Hmmm....

After he told me that, I asked him how he knows these things about Soh-Soh. I can't remember how I worded it, but the gist was---How do you talk to her? Anyway, his answer was, "I don't know. I just dream it."

As you guys know, I'm reading Carol's book about children. When the "4 signs" part came up, I got really excited. I was happy to have spoken to Ian so much before reading that, so I know I couldn't have been influenced. Everything fit perfectly! I just "know" when he's talking about a PL. His tone of voice, emotion, and expression changes. He definitely has said some things that seemed to be out of the realm of his 3-year-old knowledge. Also, his personality jibes well with being a guard/protector. (Other parts of his demeanor point the other way---a direct opposite of the other things he describes: The "bad" side of old Ian.)

One thing that especially intrigued me was the part about the boy who was hit by a truck. Ian's personality changed for a short time after really speaking in-depth about his PL one day. I didn't know if I was imagining it or what! That story confirmed that such a thing happens. Ian had been sort of entranced and became angry at a particular person in his past life. He'd also been talking about how he, himself, had been "mean" before. After our conversation, he got up and started acting like a different kid. A kid I wasn't especially fond of! He was, for lack of a better word, "mean" for a while. It was completely out of character for him, and I didn't know how to react. He was being rude to me, not obeying at all, and smarting off. Fortunately, that all faded away over the course of a couple of hours.

Well, I'm going back to my reading. Thanks for your wonderful help!

6. tanguerra

Gorgeous. :)

Heh heh! I know how he feels! Sometimes I will feel myself channelling one of my past incarnations when in a certain situation or mood that reminds me of something for instance. Of course, I am a grown up and have been doing this for a long time and I know what it is and where it comes from.

However, even though you understand exactly why Ian is 'acting up' in this way, rudeness and giving cheek should be treated in a similar way to any other minor 'naughtiness' with gentle firmness and very probably an early naptime! No doubt though, once he works his way through some of these memories it will settle down all by itself. But I stress again, go easy with this and make sure you talk about 'normal' 'present life' stuff with him more often than you talk about all this 'other stuff'.

By the way, and this is not specifically about the situation above, I often wonder how many 'toddler tantrums' have their origins in the process of the integration of personality(s) - the anger that they sometimes display over something seemingly trivial such as what shoes they want to wear or whatever it might be, the frustration at not being able to have something they want or to make themselves understood and so on... I remember when I was little and my mother had 'crossed' me in some way remembering that/knowing that when I was a grown up I could get whatever I wanted when I wanted it and feeling very impatient and thwarted by the limitations of childhood!

7. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Oh my goodness, you guys!

I've been reading Carol's book about children's past lives, and I got to the part about Moms telepathically showing a readiness to 'listen.' It really opened my eyes.

Although I don't talk about this with anyone, I often feel that I'm connecting to Ian telepathically, especially when he's talking about his PL. About half the time, I know his answer a split second before he says it. I've even felt slightly crazy, worrying that I might be 'sending' him the answers. It's the connection of energies that Carol talks about. Keep in mind that all of this stuff is new to me, so adding telepathy to the mix shoud be an extra shock. Strangely, it's not that hard to accept. :laugh:

Anyway, the other thing the chapter did for me was make me wonder about our PL discussions together. I THOUGHT Ian's first "old life" comment came before I was thinking abut past lives, but that chapter made me question it. I knew that he'd said something funny about the chicken we were preparing, and that I'd emailed my Mom that day. So, I was able to trace his "old life" comment to June of this year. Dr. Weiss was on Oprah in May! I had it all backwards!

He'd been talking about Soh-Soh for as long as I can remember, but maybe, as I was preparing dinner that day, my mind was open to finally accepting such a thing. I guess I'll never know, but the idea of it is so exciting! It just adds another layer to the bond we have.

I can't wait to read more. :)

8. tanguerra

Yes. It can be one of those chicken and egg things. I don't doubt that what Carol says about ESP is quite right. Also, little children chatter away about all sorts of things, and it would be easy just to dismiss things they say as childish fancy, or an imaginary game or whatever. But if you were already a little bit open to the idea, it would make it much easier to pick up on what he was saying and take it more seriously than you otherwise might have...

There is also the possibility that if you shared that life, you might already know the answer to some of the questions before he said them...? Hmmm? All very interesting.

9. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

As Ian seems to talk very freely about his past live don`t you think it might be helpful to ask questions like: "Did you drive a car when you were with Soh-Soh" or: "Did you have a favourite film/actor" just to be able to find at least a rough time-frame for Ian`s memories? I think it is unlikely that he would make something up when asked so simple questions. I feel that he does no "mix" two past lives and that his past-life might not be too far away in the past...It would be interesting to find out how long this doctor has been working in this place, for supposed Ian`s past-life ended just before his conception and a marrying his girlfriend he must have been at least about 17-18 years old. When Soh-Soh was not older than 9 years old when she went to this doctor he must be in this place for at least 13 years. Maybe this piece of information could be found out. Maybe Ian will tell more at Christmas because of the special atmosphere of this period...

10. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Hm, see Iris, that's where everything gets confusing. He seems to be talking about this girl from a long, long time ago, when he was an adult. Then, there's the same soul (girl), which seems to be in the present. Of course, you may be right that he knew her in some very recent life, too, and is mixing it up that it's in 'the now.'

He talks as if this girl's soul, in the present, is living, but not around him yet. (Somehow, he can still communicate with her.) He says that Soh-Soh used to have brown hair, but now has blonde hair. The other day in Target, he saw a little girl about his age with short brown hair. He pointed and said, "Now that's DEFINITELY not Soh-Soh." Again, he repeated that her hair is now long and blonde. He's compared her to being Snow White in their old life, and Cinderella in this new life. (He saw the Disney dolls all in one place, so that's what prompted him.)

I really have no idea what's going on. It seems obvious that just as Carol's son had the issue with being in a war, feeling the guilt and trauma of it, Ian's problem is centered around Soh-Soh. He doesn't appear concerned that he was killed, that he killed people, etc. My gut tells me it was leaving his girl suddenly that is causing him to hang on. He's so sure he'll be with her again, and the fact that he's making wedding plans already tells me that it's not a joke. I don't know any other 3-year-old boys set on planning a wedding! :eek: )

Right now, Ian is being very quiet about his old life/lives. He's says he's "keeping it a secret." His Dad isn't exactly on the bandwagon, which is understandable. He hasn't heard Ian's tone of voice and seen his expression during REAL memory times. All he's heard is Ian going, "Soh-Soh went to McDonald's and....we played Hulk....and she got a hamburger....and...." Sing-song, obvious story-telling. Therefore, this all sounds like BS to him. Ian specifically said he was keeping it a secret because "Daddy doesn't want to hear it." I'm giving him a break from it for a while. As for now, the more I ask, the more he backs away.

It's very interesting to hear feedback on this situation. I appreciate any ideas and suggestions you guys have.

11. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

That's very interesting that he knows daddy doesn't want to hear it. Is his dad obvious that he's not interested? Or is he just picking up on the vibes that it's not the right time to talk to daddy about it?

12. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I think it's a good idea to give it a rest now. When he's ready to talk about it some more, I'm sure he'll let you know. :)

Best season's greetings for your family!

Karoliina

13. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Unless "Daddy" told him something in private, I think it's just the vibes.

14. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

I just found something interesting on a site of Chinese names. There were lots of names you could click and hear.

"Liang" sounded just like Ian saying it.

Something new is that there are two names that sounded like 'Soh.'

"Song" (With a very slight 'g' sound at the end.)

"Su"

Without having heard these, I would've never thought those names were pronounced like 'Soh,' as it doesn't make sense in English for them to sound that way.

The same goes for "Fang," which sounds like just like Ian's "Fao!" I even let Ian hear that one without saying anything, and he goes...."Fao? Is that Fao?" Of course, he's still in It's-A-Secret mode, and won't talk about his PL, but that's ok.

You can listen for yourself. They are in the last names section.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-pronounce-mandarin-chinese-2279473

Cool stuff!

:thumbsup

Edit: "Gao" is what he called the dog on the first post of this page. Sounds the same as when Ian says it.

15. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Wow, that's really cool! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

16. LiWei

LiWei New Member

Hi 4mysonK!

I really enjoyed reading your posts on your son's past life experience and being a Chinese, I found certain parts interesting. It is true that the colour red is often associated with weddings and that was what I thought when I read your first post. In fact, this entire thread really caught my attention and I hope you don't mind if I share some of my thoughts with you.

Like for instance, when you asked him about what happened after he died and he mentioned that he had to go to a dead city as some sort of a penance and having to eat something black, which tasted horrible (bitter perhaps?). According to Chinese stories/folklore, a soul that goes to Hell will have to reflect on his past misdeeds and repent before it can be reincarnated. Once that is done, the soul will have to drink something that will allow it to forget before it can be reincarnated. I know that it is not the same as Ian's story, but I thought I might as well point this out because the act of consuming something seems to me like it plays some sort of an important role. Also, since your son described it as a dead city, I think you might find the information in this link rather useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fengdu Hell was often imagined to be a town-like city and Fengdu was built in its image.

I think you might find this (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_hell) rather interesting but I hope you won't be upset by the gory details. I think it is meant to scare people during those times into submission and obedience.

The way how he pronounced his name as Liang with a "guh" at the end, I am curious to know exactly how he said it. Did he just say it as Liang or Liang Ge? Because if he pronounced his name as the latter, then that's Mandarin for Brother Liang.

"Gao" in Cantonese means dog. Chinese folks like to name their pets with two names, or rather a name with two syllables that are represented by a Chinese character each. Like for example, I have two dogs at home whose nicknames are Chun Meng (or Chunmeng) and Chun Choi (Chunchoi), which mean clever and, er, stupid (haha, but it is said out of love, I promise!). However, dog in Mandarin is pronounced like "go". It might help to know what dialect your son spoke because China is a big country with many dialects that don't sound alike, which might make it difficult to trace names. If Ian was a guard/protector for the king/emperor (I am thinking more along the lines of trained assasin because assasins were usually the ones who had to do the dirty work on behalf of the emperor), chances are he spoke Mandarin.

There is more I would like to say, like for instance, her room, which was mostly yellow, makes me think that Soh-Soh was a member of the Imperial Family. But this is just a speculation and I need to confirm that, along with the others. Meanwhile, I do hope to hear more from you!

17. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

LiWei, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I sent you a private message. :)

My Korean friend is here with me, and I showed him the link to the Chinese armor that Ian so quickly identified as a "Korean suit." Well....You'll be interested to know that as soon as I showed my friend, his reaction was, "That's Korean." I said, "No, apparently, it's Chinese, but it's from a certain period." (Unless I got mixed up on the info from the site.) Anyway, he said, "No, that's Korean."

That's exactly how Korean armor looked. There might have been some style of Chinese armor that was similar, but China is MUCH bigger and had an array of designs. Not so in Korea.

:thumbsup:

18. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

We were in bed a few minutes ago, and since he was sleepy, I was asking him random questions about Soh-Soh, thinking he might open up. He's still 'keeping it a secret'---officially. At first, he wasn't at all cooperative, so I let it go. We talked some more, and somehow got on the subject of my grandfathers being dead. He wanted to know why they'd died and such. I told him it was ok because only their bodies had died.

Anyway, the discussion went from there to him talking about living with Soh-Soh in a little "fur" house. He said it was "grody," which is his way of saying disgusting. It was "dirty on the inside and on the outside." He didn't know what animal it was made from. It was a little cold there, but sometimes hot.

He lived there with Soh-Soh and a couple of rabbits. They had to move far away from her parents. The house was very close to the water.

I asked about the tattoos, just to check for consistency. He was extremely groggy, but still talking, and only had 'huh' to say about the topic. But after a moment, he wanted to know about them. I said the snake ones. He went on to say that Soh-Soh had drawn them? Something like that. Also, he started saying the rabbits were taking care of them. Soooo....I'm not sure if he'd slipped into la-la-land or what. He was most definitely going in and out of sleep, so often, his words would be mumbly.

He said something about having children before, but I don't remember the names. He said one of them always wanted to get really muddy, so they called him "Dirty." Another one always wanted to be clean, so they called him "Cleany." I was chuckling a little at this point. Then, he really, really jumbled up some words that amounted to some person telling him that he and Soh-Soh wouldn't have children "this time" because ________. I couldn't understand who this person was, nor the reason they couldn't have children.

Then, after being so marble-mouthed, he said clearly, "Mom, is there a ghost in here?" I said, "No, I don't think so. Why, do you see one?" "No, it's invisible." "Where is it?" "It's here with us, listening."

Soooooo, that's when I got slightly creeped. He fell asleep soon after.

19. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

LOL I would be slightly creeped out too, at the thought of a ghost listening. :laugh:

Thanks so much for continuing to share on such a regular basis. I love coming back to this thread to hear more.

20. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered