Ian's story.

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by 4mysonK, Nov 30, 2008.

1. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Wow I never thought there'd be so many Dr. Harold Hills out there.

2. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Heh. I have no idea where to go from there.

3. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Think about what you want to accomplish by finding the Harold Hill that he spoke of. Are you trying to find Soh-Soh where she's at now? Are you trying to just verify what he's saying? Maybe you have other reasons.

I'm also asking because, depending on what your goal is, there are different ways to go about it. I worked for 8 years as a reporter/photographer and also have done family genealogy work, all of which requires being fairly nosy. ;)

Or perhaps you'd rather let it be. We all have our own comfort level with verifications. To some, it is extremely important. To others, it doesn't matter.

4. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Yeh ,,, if we try and control and figure out too much mightn't that muck up the karmic flow somehow/? I think this is one of those things that you need to follow your inner heart, and no one can judge as an outsider. I can see making a point of it for the books , but as ALaskanlaughter pointed out it is alot of work.. Sometimes it brings important soul growth to verify things. THeir are pros and cons..

How are you feeling 4myson ? ... maybe if it is a strong desire then that is karmic to do some researching ---ie in your personal plans to do so for some reasons personal to you. I wouldnt let it get to you if you dont feel like pursuing it. Sure having a name does make it seem like something could be done, but that can be just another unneeded pursuit .

soulfreindly

5. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

I guess I'm feeling like I should leave it alone for now. I suppose I know which of you to call on when I'm ready to investigate. Thanks for your support. hug2.gif

6. maulacat

maulacat New Member

If you did decide you wanted to contact these Harold Hill's, maybe it would be less scary and embarrassing for you if you got their email addresses and emailed them (you could ring their workplace to get their email address without having to talk to them, or maybe you can look people's email addresses up on the internet these days, I dont know). Not many people these days dont have an email address. That way, you could just send a link to this page with a little bit of text at the top of the email, saying something to the effect of: "you might think I'm crazy, but please could you have a look at this and let me know if you think it might be you?". Just an idea, incase you ever wish you could contact them. ;)

7. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Yes, I know of such cases, and I think it's fairly common with people, who are well "in tune" with their spiritual side, but I don't know if I've ever heard of children reporting of these things - I just remember stories of adults being able to "visit" each other in the astral, out of body.

Karoliina

8. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

I was redoing a bouquet of flowers for my friend, and after returning them to her, an almost wilted yellow rose was left on the counter. He found it, and asked if the flower was for Soh-Soh. I told him she could have it, and if he wanted to keep it, we should hang it up to dry. I pinned it upside down in his window, next to Soh-Soh's jade necklace and their red and green ribbons. Cute.

I draw the line at buying her that green dress he picked out! Ha! (He does have good taste. I must say.) *LOL!*

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Gorgeous! I agree about not buying your son the green dress! There's a limit to everything. :laugh:

10. tanguerra

Personally it is not something I stress about too much and I would not suggest anyone worrying excesssively about the fate of little Ian and 'Soh-Soh'. What will happen is what will happen. If they are going to meet one day, that will happen. If he still remembers all this stuff when that day comes, that will happen. If she recognises him in some way when/if they do eventually meet, who knows? What might happen next? Who knows?

"Que sera, sera. What will be, will be", that's my motto! :)

You can drive yourself crazy worrying about the fine line between your 'fate' and your 'desire' and worrying about whether you are letting your fate unfold, or directing things too much...

In our human form, while we are incarnated, it is very difficult for us to see the 'big picture' or even a few feet in front sometimes! Somehow or other that must be how things are 'supposed' to be. Anyway, it's how it is, for good or ill.

In the case of my friend X I have sometimes made a big effort to overcome our present life disagreements and maintain the friendship no matter what. This is partly because I feel compelled to do so (fate?) and partly because it is my pleasure to do so (desire?) and because I don't really understand why, but I know somehow our fates are intertwined (what the?). I just do what feels 'right' to me. That is the only measure I have, but I think it's a pretty good one. What other people do is entirely up to them.

11. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Tanguerra, I feel both ways. I've wondered and worried about her, thinking maybe if they don't meet, he won't be as happy in life. So, maybe I should help the process along---maybe I'm SUPPOSED to help, and that's why he's telling me. Then, I think that no matter what I do, if they're meant to be, it will happen naturally.

On another note, his stories about her have become so obviously imaginary that I'm not analyzing them. He might as well be talking about Spiderman going to the toy store with him. His voice and demeanor don't have a serious tone, nothing is consistent, and none of it seems connected to a PL. It's been happening more and more, so I just listen like I do with any other story. He still says he's going to meet her sometime in his life, but beyond that, it's all pretend stuff right now.

*Of course, his love for her remains the same.*

12. Lady of Shalott

Lady of Shalott New Member

Fascinating story!

I do think its possible for soul mates to meet or converse with each other despite a long distance between. I don't know if that is the case for Ian, but I definitely believe its possible.

13. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

Yes - it is possible ;)

14. tanguerra

Will she be wearing a green dress when they meet? That is the question! :)

Don't worry too much about it. That is my advice.

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

:laugh:

15. AKP

AKP New Member

no

It certainly was bizarre for me to talk with someone at doctor's office. As a policy such things cannot be verified true or otherwise. And, I fully understand that.

Plus, as someone else noted, there are so many other doctors too with same name. It would probably need a Sherlock Holmes. :) Sorry!

4mysonK, how are things now? Any new developments??

AKP.

16. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Update:

Ian has been talking more and more about "Gil." I assume it's short for something. He mentioned this boy several months ago when he was very sleepy. I believe I noted it somewhere in this thread. At the time, he talked about climbing a tree with Gil. Now, he's saying again and again that the boy is one of Soh-Soh's friends.

Other than that, the stories about himself, Soh-Soh, the new person, or anything else PL related have all turned into make-believe. He still especially talks about Soh-Soh, but will fully admit that he's making it up---and boy, it sounds made up! Nothing is consistent or makes that much sense. It's pretty frustrating, but it almost feels as if he's said what he needed to say, someone listened and accepted it, so there's no need to go on about it. Ian seems much more at peace in some strange way. I can't put my finger on it.

17. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Regarding finding the girl... I say let it be. I've found that the people I was meant to find were the people I found. :) If Ian's meant to find her someday, he will.

18. Tulip

Tulip New Member

Dr. Howard Hill is a character in the play "Music Man".

I don't know if you are a theatrical family or not.

19. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Ha! No, I don't even recall seeing that myself. Thanks for the tip, though. That whole situation was completely odd, and might not have been related the way he thought. Who knows where that story came from, and really, I guess it doesn't matter.

Update: Ian has now forgotten everything. He uses the name Soh-Soh very, very rarely, and in ways that make no sense to me, or even to himself. It's almost like she was part of a dream to him, and he's not sure of the what, when, how, who, where----anything. He's still mentioning Gil, though my husband did figure out that the 'cool guy' on one of Ian's cartoons is named that. It wouldn't explain the strange things he said to me about Gil in the beginning, as he was sleepy and using 'that tone.' Still, it could be nothing. Since he's no longer speaking about his PL, I'm leaving it alone. Whatever he needed to say, to get off his chest, was said, I suppose. I'm just happy to have listened to him at the time.

I have to say, from the moment I BELIEVED him, my son changed from simply a child to this special spirit I'm allowed to nurture for a little while. It's so beautiful.

)*(

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the update. I think you demonstrate the huge importance of a parent allowing their child to talk about their past life memories. It's just a small act that can have a 'snowball' effect which will continue throughout the childs' life. Dismiss those memories as 'imagination', and the child may suppress them, leading to 'issues' later on down the line. Ian has been very lucky to have an open minded and understanding mother like you, and I think you'll both realize the benefits of that as he grows older.

Even though Ian is forgetting about his past now, I hope you will still stick around here and continue to join in with the rest of the discussions. Thanks for sharing Ian's story, and please continue to let us know how he is getting on.

Chris :)