if Adam and Eve for example were the first two humans...

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Cat1965, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Cat1965

Cat1965 New Member

where did their souls come from? And if they had a child etc...i always assumed you were only reincarnated if you died young. But I know so many older people who are completely un-evolved in every way. I always think they have another 100 lives to live before they learn anything...

2. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Your assumptions about reincarnation are far from anything I've read about it, and Adam & Eve concept comes from another school of thought, even as an allegory.

3. Cat1965

Cat1965 New Member

i used Adam and Eve as an example as humanity either spontaneously erupted or evolved from apes...so where did the souls come from?

4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Cat,

I'm not actually big on the evolved from apes thing, but I know plenty of nice people who have bought into it. So, I'm not really motivated to buck the current on that one. Anyhow, the two prevailing ideas seem to be either: (1) there is a big long evolutionary process involved by which immature souls/spirits which have been (or are being) created develop/evolve to something higher and better via reincarnation; or (2) there was an initial creation of souls/spirits, and some or many fell (kaboom!) perhaps in varying degrees, and are in the process of working/perfecting themselves back to where they were before their fall via reincarnation. Maybe some combinations of these are possible. I dunno.

As to Genesis, there are so many possible interpretations of the first few chapters that it boggles the mind. However, there is a current of thought going back at least to Philo of Alexandria and also seen in the Gnostics, Cathars and other similar sects, that sees the eviction from Eden/Paradise as being an eviction from a more heavenly realm into the physical world of flesh, being symbolized by the clothing of Adam and Eve with "skins". The Cathars, for example, longed to put off their "tunics of flesh" and rise back up into the heavens they had left. For most of these groups, getting off the Wheel of Birth and ascending back to their ancient home is the goal of spiritual life and the reincarnation process.

On this board, I think you will find that most are adherents to some version of (1). Many coming from a Judeo-Christian or just an older Western stream tend to be adherents to some version of the "fall and return" scenario (2), this would include Edgar Cayce (to the extent I understand him).

I hope this helps a little.

Cordially,
    S&S

5. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Seth:

"The fact is that your plane originated because enough entities needed certain types of experience to warrant such a creation, and they set about forming it through the process of evolution."
    Session 31, Page 236