If theres a spirit realm where does reincarnation come in?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by milkdrops, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Thanks, my good old friend... :thumbsup:

A posterior thought I had after posting the above was in relation to the bible saying that "We were created in God's image". Yes, but as conscious beings... : angel ;)

2. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Funnily the myth was 10%, which was chucked, because we use 100% of our brains. I use both sides of mine. I don't put limits on myself. Because as God, they would manifest.

ps-I have that DVD lying around somewhere. It doesn't even touch the nature of reality, however. : angel :laugh:

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

I love the way we talk around and around, but in the end we are all really saying the same thing. I am sure the Goddess (however you conceive her) is smiling to herself at our gyrations up on her beautiful pink cloud/in her multi-dimensional diffuse state/under a buttercup.

Quite poetic Charles. How lovely to be in Brazil near the sea. I don't think the universe actually pops out of existence whenever I close my eyes, but I know what you mean. (Only teasing) :)

Yes Quintessence, the 10% brain capacity thing is an old urban myth which has been going around for a long time but is nonsense. Evolution/God/life/nature simply does not build in that amount of redundancy. I think it began many years ago when brain wave measuring devices were very inaccurate or something and was siezed upon with glee by people wanting to push various barrows.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

4. Charles Stuart

Hi Quintessence,

Well, in the film, a Doctor called Joseph Dispenza states that the brain processes 400 billion bites of information per second, but we are only aware of 2000. He says: "Reality" is happening in the brain all the time... Any idea if this is accurate?

As a co-creator, yes, your thoughts, beliefs and limits will manifest. Yes, I agree... :thumbsup:

Thank you, Tanguerra. I like poetry... And yes, I am living in a very nice little house within walking distance of a beautifull beach called Itaipuaçú, where there is also a small mountain called "The Elephant's Rock", which looks EXACTLY like a lying-down elephant. :) :cool

5. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Well he is right. The brain is responsible for emotions and thoughts. That is the way we create reality.

6. tanguerra

Are you sure it is only the 'brain' creating reality and doing all these other things Quintessence? I have been pondering on this quite a lot lately (I am writing a book) and I separate the mind from the brain. This is not being semantic and I am not trying to tease you as I know that English is not your first language - so you may not have meant that really?

I feel the mind is part of what carries on after the death of the physical body (of which of course, the brain is part). I define the mind as 'awareness' or 'thought processes' or 'consciousness' - that which thinks about and evaluates experience - which people certainly report continuing in between life regressions and NDEs and is not located only in the physical brain/head. While alive we have that illusion mostly because eyes and visualization are so important to us and this is where most of the connections take place, so many nerve endings and such are located behind the eyes - so we feel as though we are living 'in our skull' - although, of course, we are not.

I believe the spirit and/or the soul (however you like to define these things) are very much part of the process also. I would even go so far as to say that it is the soul, rather than the brain, which is involved in feeling and expressing emotion.

7. Charles Stuart

Hi Tanguerra,

I agree... To me the brain simply works as a "receptor", in a similar way in which a TV works. A TV set does not produce the images. It captures and decodifies in order to produce an image. I believe the brain works in a similar way, capturing and decodifying "messages and impressions" from the superconscious self. :thumbsup:

8. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Well yes, the brain is partly responsible. For example, emotions are not stemmed from the heart, but the brain. This is just getting scientific here.

So all of your emotions are coming from the brain, the Mind, the subconscious Mind, etc. But emotion is even deeper than that. Emotional energy is part of the soul as well (being that it can temporarily "imprint" itself on this portion of your Spirit).

But if you want to take it to another level, Consciousness transcends the human brain. We create reality in a lot of different ways. The brain is only one facet though.

Trust me. I meant it. :D
    English is my second language in the sense that I spoke a past life language as a baby. It was an inside joke...to myself. :D

Sounds like we are discussing the same things again.

9. tommcfearsom

tommcfearsom Senior Registered

Brain Mapping

Hello Folks

Here is an interesting article on brain mapping and meditation. Many of the features descrbed by Monks when meditating are similar to the psychic states descibed in the NDE and OOBE experiences. Here is a link.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=7,378,0,0,1,0

Yours Truly
    John R.

10. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Brilliant link. I agree with a lot of it.

11. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

No...I meant All-Knowing as in ALL.

12. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Quintessence,

I am afraid I cannot agree with the following --

Are you familiar with the work of Schwaller de Lubicz? He makes reference to several "intelligences" and even refers to them as the "Three intelligences."

• Cerebral intelligence,
      [*]Heart intelligence,
      [*]Emotional intelligence.

In his book "The Isaiah Effect," Gregg Braden suggests it is our emotions that come first, he states:

He sees our thoughts as the guidance system that directs our emotions;

Braden suggests that the feeling center is also the heart center. He states,

So bottom-line - I believe there are - three intelligences. ;) All are very important and two do not reside in the brain...IMO.

13. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

"This is just getting scientific here"
    ^That is my quote. Beyond science, I know when my "heart chakra" opens I feel a burst of emotions (at times). I think you misunderstood me. :)

14. tanguerra

Well said Deborah. All these systems, logical thought, emotion, imagination, awareness, consciousness are highly interactive and it could be easy to lump them into the same category "brain stuff" but I agree they are quite distinct modes of operation.

I am personally not convinced that any of them reside in the physcial brain as such (or at least not only in the physical brain). I believe that is an illusion, although a powerful one. Yes, they interact with the brain (and the rest of the body) and the effect can be measured with MRIs and EKGs and so forth. I see no contradiction in the fact that meditation - an activity of the mind/ consciousness/ imagination - can have a measurable effect on the physical brain (and the rest of the body). Dancing ballet can have a physical effect on the body over a period of time. But we don't say that ballet is merely a product of the body though. Yes of course, in the most basic sense it is, but it is more complicated than that.

I agree with Charles that the physical brain is more like a radio receiver - the necesssary hardware to decode messages from the mind/soul/spirit and so on. I don't believe it is the author of thoughts, insights and awareness.

Obviously the brain fulfills an important function in keeping the bodily systems in order, releasing hormones, various chemicals and regulating breathing and heartbeat etc. but even in those functions I believe it 'answers to a higher authority'. This 'higher authority' - the soul, the consciousness, the awareness, the self - call it what you will *, survives the death of the physical brain. Damage or remove the brain and the body dies, but the 'self' goes on regardless. This 'self' is what retains the emotions, memories, longings and desires as you can see by reading all the stories people recount, including NDEs, not the brain.

Quintessence I am sorry, but I simply cannot agree that upon death we suddenly know everything and become ultimate beings on a par with God (however you conceive Her) or become, in fact, The Goddess (however you conceive Him) .

How then to account for the stories we hear of people attending meetings, training in schools, counsel sessions and so on with 'higher' beings and so on in the between life state? If we were all 'perfected' instantly upon death a) how would this be possible? b) what would be the purpose?

* I know there are theories about complex layers of spirit bodies, etheric bodies and such, but I am trying to keep it simple here.

15. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Evolution is the answer.
    All of us have infinite energy. The energy spreads over all dimensions as infinite probabilities.
    Not only do my past lives have multiple probabilities, but so does my current life. I'm a *multitude* of infinities over infinite dimensions.
    My ego will try to deny this, but too bad I don't listen to it. :D

The third dimension "fractionates" the energy and we experience a lifetime moment to moment, instead of "simultaneously", as it is. We already know all there is to know, but only some of us know it in the future lives waaaaay ahead of where we "are". But since the Future is Now, that means we already know All There is To Know Now. It's about tapping into it. Some are better at it than others.

Everything is Here. Everything is Now. Everything is One.
    I was digging this Seth quote:
    "God does not exist apart from or separate from physical reality, but exists within it and as a part of it."
    So imo, God is not a him or a her. Those are third dimensional illusions. Imo, we are God evolving.

ps-as for those Beings, they are all expressions of God, just as we are.

16. Charles Stuart

This concept of being "All Knowing" to me is contradictory, based on what can be observed from mediumnic communications with spirituality. Disincarnated entities are not "All Knowing". Again I have to disagree here. IMO, the purpose of reincarnation is evolution.

I was thinking that the only "reality" we can create is our own. We do not and cannot access the entire "reality" of All That Is. My understanding is that we are ALL interconnected, but separate. The "illusion" of "separateness" is a similar concept to the sea not being there when I am not focussed on it. It IS still there just as I am not you and you are not me. These are concepts that do not "fit" with "reality" as we know it...

Certainly I believe that, as evolving souls, we might eventually (after eons of "time") reach stages in which our consciousness (I prefer the term "awareness") will reach much higher levels, but at our current evolutionary level this is still a VERY distant stage.

The complexity of envisaging that ALL possibilities, ALL possible futures, and ALL things are occurring simultaneously or in the now blows out the the greatest gift we have received, which is free will. It is like stating that the "future" is already predetermined and inscribed in stone, and, if this is so, where does free will come into the scene?

To me, there has to be some form of sequentiality to "time", so that we, as Soul/Spirits, may evolve by learning to make correct use of our free will. Each Soul/Spirit is unique and creates its own reality, and the gift of being "eternal beings" is the only free gift of God...

17. tommcfearsom

A. B. C. Or All (Knowing ) Of The Above :D

Hello Folks

I think the All Knowing vs The Evolution argument is "All of the above." answer. There is a divine spark in us that we call "enlightenment" (ba) and it helps our Soul (ka) evolve by remembering who we are as The Light.

Hinduism says that we evolve thru many stages of Karma and Incarnations to obtain enlightenment. Buddhism says that Enlightenment can come at any moment in any Lifetime.

A man studied Zen for 20 years after which he left the monastery without experiencing Enlightenment. He returned to his old labor as a gardener. One day a stone, caught in his rake, was tossed and hit a bamboo shoot. The stone, striking the bamboo shoot, made a sound with perfect pitch. In the moment of hearing that sound the man became Enlightened. (Zen tale).

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/zazen.jpg

http://koi-z-are-us.20m.com/zenrake01.jpg

Yours Truly
    John R.

18. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

I said that, just using different words.

It is not really that complex, and no it does not. Probabilities do not negate free will. That is why they are *probabilities*.
    Let me break this down.
    probability:
    The chance or possibility that a specific event will occur.

19. Charles Stuart

Hi John,

In my understanding, the "Soul" is the same as the "Divine Spark". It is who/what we are as "Conscious Beings". In other words, the manifestation of who/what we truly are...

I am aware of the concept of "enlightenment", but what is "enlightenment" really? Is it something that suddenly "hits" us, by hearing a perfect sound, for instance, as in the tale you have shared? Or is it the result of all we have learned and experienced, and the "knowledge" and "awareness" that have resulted from them?

Interested to know your thoughts on this (and that of others, of course... ;) )

20. tommcfearsom

Memories of Evolution

Hello Charles Stuart

I hope all is well. When we emerged out of The Light as pure Spirit we had "All Knowing" but lacked experience so had little Wisdom. We were to be co-creators with The Light (God/dess). We projected ourselves so deep into matter that we lost our Memory of ourseves as Spirit.

Through the Law of Karma and the principles of Evolution, over many incarnations, we have grown our various Memories of moments when we have glimpsed The Light that we are, but had forgotten. Those collective Memories are The Higher Self or The Soul.

When we remember that we are The Light (Pure Spirit) we experience Enlightenment because "You have remembered who you are." (Siddartha). You have Remembered Original Identity. Enlightenment is the memory of Original Identity (The Light).

The memory of The Light causes the Soul to evolve.

I hope that this is useful.

Yours Truly
    John R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.