I'll Never Know...

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Tourmaline, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Tourmaline

Tourmaline Rep

It's been driving me crazy lately.

I've had hunches, dreams, obsessions...forever.

But what if it is all my imagination?

Sometimes I accept that I used to be someone else, there, then.

I feel at peace.

But then I return to denial.

Does the fact that it is hard to know the truth about reincarnation, and therefore yourself, bother anyone else?

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Oh, Tourmaline, I think you speak for all of us, at least you strike a chord with me. The "hard to know truth" of reincarnation takes plenty of faith and intuition, but can be sprinkled with fact. Some here have some hard truths/facts that always pull us deeper into the faith of it all. Some great books too, they feed our hunger to understand. But in the end, when we lay our head on our pillows at night, and the world is silent... well, then doubt and denial like to play tag. Accept your belief that you were someone else, this knowledge came to you for a reason. Use it to your benefit and the good of the universe. If you are wrong... it was honest and good... Isn't that what faith is? The five spiritual faculties of Buddhism are Faith, Perseverance, Mindfulness, Concentration, and Wisdom. I think these faculties apply to us all, and with reincarnation I find particular resonance. You don't need to be Buddhist. So I would tell you this: persevere in your wisdom (knowledge) with mindful concentration, and your faith will grow as it should be. Blessing to you. ~Tman

3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky

I doubt myself often, but I do not doubt the mechanism of reincarnation.

4. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

I had too many clues about reincarnation to doubt now. I often doubted in the beginning of my searching into reincarnation. It would be strange if you don't doubt. Doubt means that you're thinking, it's a good thing.

Tinkerman likes this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I was stunned when my eyes were first opened up to reincarnation. I'd just been innocently protecting the woman I loved ( by doing not so innocent things). I knew that my actions could have had a great impact but I assumed my choice to step out of histories way was the only choice I could have possibly made ( Neil Armstrong's choice to not milk his fame was an inspiration to me ). I was shocked to realise that I'd been here before and that I hadn't made a choice such as that at any point in my existence. My initial reaction to reincarnation was "but I'm just Jim". I was in denial about who I was because they'd impacted the world to varying degrees and I was just fighting for love. After I accepted my past life memories I struggled with my ego but that was knocked out of me when I saw the evil I'd created. Nowadays I don't doubt reincarnation or who I was. The memories are too clear and too specific to who I am. I do miss just being Jim though.

Spirit Sword and Tinkerman like this.
  6. VenusUnchained

VenusUnchained Member

I don't know if it's the turn of the year, or what it is. Visions, and dreams, and feelings have been driving me crazy since I was a teenager. I know how you're feeling.... it's been ripping me apart these past few weeks. The want for someone I don't know, the feeling of guilt, anger, and the selfish frustration that I looked a certain way or could be so confident and I am just not in this life. It's hard to be a certain way now and long for and accept a past self. That's hard to touch.
    Everything is uncertain, we just have to live life the best we know how. And hope fate is kind.... and reincarnation is kinder to us. Never apologize for who you are, then or now.