Images of (unknown) faces during regression exercises.

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Hello,

Lately, it seems that unknown images of faces have been the only imagry I've experienced during resgression exercises!

Has anybody experienced different images of unknown faces as the main (or only) results of PL regression exercises? Has anybody felt that such imagry may yield clues to possible PLs?

Enclosed is a link to my post discussing how Steven Halpern's audio recordings have yielded regresison results (if only images of faces).

Later,
    Marc

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Not just faces, no. I usually see the whole person and scene. Sometimes it's in motion, other times it's like a photograph.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Hi Marc, I have Halpern's 'Crystal Bowl Healing' cd. I enjoy playing it, but haven't used it during meditation. However, I think that's a great suggestion. When I regress, I can only see my feet, and the surroundings, as if I were in the body. You said the faces are of unknown individuals. I'm sure you have considered the almost limitless possibilities. Is there no sense of recognition at all? Perhaps they are people you are "destined" to meet, in following your life plan?

4. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

Faces seem to be a major thing with me too, Marc. I often see quick images of all different unknown faces, when I'm very relaxed, especially just before I fall asleep.

I've been working on self regression lately (only in the very early stages at the moment) and again, faces are very prominent for me. Strangers though, as you say, it's never the people I actually want to see! For example, I saw a battlefield, men charging towards my horse with pikes held aloft and I saw their faces, especially one, in detail (almost like a close-up in a film), angry and shouting. Not a nice thing! I just wish I could've seen more detail, aside from their faces! Something more datable. Perhaps next time. :)

Glad it's not just me!

5. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

For me personally, during self regression or dreams, there are two ways I will visually see memories. Sometimes, like BriarRose, I will only see what's around me because I'm viewing things through the body of my past life self. Or I will see things from a outside viewpoint, and see myself interacting with others.

Sometimes I get a really good look at the peoples faces around me, and other times my focus will be on something else (like a flag, sign, or the location), and the people just fleet past me.

6. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

My regressions have usually been looking out through the eyes of the person I was previously. But on rare occasions I have been outside of my body looking at who I was.

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Not so much during regression, but often when I'm falling asleep I see very clear 'still' images of faces of people that I don't know, sometimes they can have expressions of various emotions like laughing, smiling or a surprised look. These faces appear so vividly that I can almost see them physically right in front of my eyes. I often wonder if these people actually exist, either now or in the past, or whether I'm creating them out of my imagination.

8. Arrant

Arrant Senior Registered

That mirrors my own experience exactly!

9. Whippoorwill

Same here ChrisR and Arrant. I touched upon this briefly above, but this is it exactly! They're gone in the blink of an eye for me, but in such vivid detail, young and old, happy and sad. A few have made more of an impression and I've been able to sketch them.

10. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I feel like this thread is leading to some meaningful discovery. This seems to be a more common experience than I thought. I wonder if it's been documented in the "literature" of PL research? Whippoorwill, it will be interesting to see if anyone in your sketches "pops up" at a later time.

11. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member Super Moderator

I also often see unknown faces just before falling to sleep. I once meditated on this and I got a "spiritual answer" : Those are the people you chose NOT to be...

I understood from this that, before we reincarnate, we (often, maybe not always?) can choose our next lifetime, and are shown some glimpses of possible lifes, amongst which we can choose.

Maybe that is one of the explanations that can be given to those unknown faces or glimpses of lives we see when we are getting in the alpha-state of consciousness.

Eevee

12. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

My mom has had this happen to her. She would always see Civil War soldiers, in great detail - noticing the mens different beards & side burn styles....

13. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

There is another possibility here. Some people with certain psychic abilities claim to see spirits or ghosts, especially at night.

14. Whippoorwill

Yes, this is very true. I remember I was suffering terribly from the smell of cigarette smoke in my living room, to the point of it being unbearable... anyway, long story short, whilst bored one night I searched for answers online and came across a list of "ten signs you are psychic" or some such, and seeing flashes of unknown faces at night was there on the list. I was surprised as I'd always assumed it was just me and never really read too much into it. It was strange to see other people mention it online, even stranger to see people mention it in here!

15. Marc Ross

Cont...

From my own personal experience, I've been unable to discern any specific fashion styles; which may indicate speicifc time periods in history.

Once, I had seen brief imagry of a group of about four men (in a reddish-tinted photograph) wearing late 1800s to early twentieth century suits and black hats.

Another time, I saw an image of a fellow with red-hair with a beard wearing overalls. I'm uncertain if the overalls were of a factory worker, or a shop-keeper (as the overalls appeared clean; hence overalls worn by a shop-keeper). This appered to be a Mid-Twentieth Century style.

The images are usually stationary, and appear in black & white as often as they appear in color.

The most remarkable facial images I had seen appeared diagonal, sideways, and even once appeared upside-down.

Thank-you for allowing this thread about facial images to become a robust disussion!

16. Marc Ross

17. Ocean

Ocean New Member

Only lately I started to get images of a face or of a whole person just before I fall asleep. The persons were from a past life - sometimes I knew, sometimes I did not know who they were. Mostly the image was still like a photograph. It popped up suddenly only for a second or two, but so sharp and clear like someone had turned on a TV screen just in front of my eyes. It's very weird.

I'm glad, it's not only me, but also others who have this kind of experience.

18. Marc Ross

Imagery experienced before waking-up, during meditation.

Lately, I've experienced a few facial images back-to-back just before waking up the last couple of mornings.

The black & white images were both constrained by frames, as well as images that had no boundaries. The images appeared somewhat grainy.

Again, the waking-up state has so far been most favorable for imagery of interest. Personally, I don't recall any imagery before going to sleep.

To return to the topic 'Images of Unknown Faces During Regression Exercises,' meditation imagery has so far (on rare occasions) offered experiences yielding imagery of interest for past-life recall.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  19. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Could it be you are thinking of old photos of someone who used to be dear to you?

20. Marc Ross

That is a possibility that these may have been photos of relatives/friends in my past life.

More often than not, I've felt these were just random images of faces (unknown in both past, and present lives).

I once experienced meditation imagery of what appeared to resemble a black & white photo of my grandmother. I don't recall seeing that specific image in my present lifetime; as the photo I remembered pictured a lady who was smiling. My grandmother appeared stoic in her photographs.

One speculation may be that this may have been a close relative in my past-life, which may also to relate to the belief that similar facial features carry-over into future incarnations; that is similar facial features of unrelated relatives in both past and present lives.