Imagination vs Fantasy

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, May 15, 2005.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Rod. :cool

2. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

When in a meditative state it is always the same for me - so far anyway. I find myself next to another person, watching them and then I quickly move into their physical form and I am then that individual, hearing, speaking, seeing, feeling the emotions and experiencing the physical surroundings. It is not an unnerving experience but is totally a surprise to me as I do not know where my quiet mind is taking me as I have no preformed ideas about the experience.

I have thought that the experience may be as you have quoted Woolger,

and that I am fortunate to be able to tap into the "stream of consciousness" (I like to call it that, but you know what I mean) and experience "a" life that for some reason is available for me to enter into. I do not have the strict feeling that our lives belong to us alone, but rather are the communal property of anyone who is wanting to play those same roles. Nothing is lost and all experience is preserved and available if we want it. I have thought that ego, in this current lifetime, is the stumbling block to understanding that we are all the same thing and that the reality in which we exist is far richer than most people can comprehend.

That kind of meditative experience has made me start to believe that all lifetimes are happening concurrently from the viewpoint of the "self". I find myself becoming more and more convinced that we are experiencing all lifetimes - ours and others - in the same "timeless now". I find that idea to be quite satisfying but if you can't put aside your ego, you will never accept it (at least, in this ego-centric lifetime).

These are just my own thoughts (for good or ill, I know not :laugh:).

3. Deborah

Awesome reflections Stardis. I have some thoughts to add later - after grading papers today from a book I just started reading. Quite interesting. In the meantime, I hope others enjoy this thread and have things to add.

4. Deborah

An older thread new members might find of interest. ;)

5. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Beta, alpha, theta, delta are brainwave frequency ranges, but the domain is continuous. You get from one state to another.

I remember reading in Jane Roberts' "Seth Speaks - The Eternal Validity of the Soul by Jane Roberts" (Chapter 19 - "Alternate presents and multiple focus") that there are various states we get through in the alpha range A1 to A4, and in A1 thre are parallel states A1a, A1b, A1c. In each one of those states different specific things can be experienced. Pretty interesting ...

Chapter 19's first paragraph:
    Let us begin with the normal waking consciousness that you know. But one step away from this is another level of consciousness into which you all slip without knowing. We will call it "A-1." It is adjacent to your normal consciousness, separated from it very slightly; and yet in it very definite effects can appear that are not present in your usual state.

As far as I believe, there is an imagination plane that includes every human's individual slice, side-by-side, not overlapping, and also our higher level essences' (those that incarnate in us) imagination domains, also not overlapping, each one including their incarnations' slices.

On this plane we focus / project while in various states like when we fantasize, when we daydream, when we create, when we dream, when we lucid dream / astral project, when we regress.

We can't project into another's slice of imagination, but we can peek into that. This is actually the process through which we experience our past lives: peeking into the imagination slices of our past incarnations.

On the imagination plane we immediately materialize our thoughts, and any stimuli we might receive from other planes are materialized in thought-forms that are compatible with our own beliefs. For example, in a dream we might get in contact with a higher guide, or somebody who passed away, or the intense thoughts of another living human (or pet :)). Some may be in essence form on one of the non-physical planes (the afterlife plane is a different plane than the imagination plane). For our benefit those entities and stimuli materialize in forms known to us.

When our essence incarnates, it focuses / projects onto its imagination plane slice, where from it experiences us, through our individual slice of the same imagination plane.

Anyway, that's how I see these things. I understand why that author felt the need to segregate imagination from fantasy.

6. Deborah

This is a 2008 thread. BUT I thought perhaps new members would like to jump in. Just remember - some of the posters in this thread have long past through/moved on and may no longer be participating. So I hope since 11 years, others can bring their insight to the topic.