Imprints

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI,

I came across some interesting information this past week regarding IMPRINTS. IMPRINTS include physical ailments from a past life that affect the physical body in the present life time. They are not birthmarks, but actual ailments such as cancer, tumors... etc.

I know I died of ovarian cancer in my last life time. Often, I feel like I need to be aware of that area of my body, and I often wonder if I have truly healed from the last life time; I wonder - have I brought to consciousness fully the root of the problem. Have I cleansed and refined the energy of my whole being. Have I released all negative energy?

I am curious if others here - remember having physical ailments from another life - and possibly dying from them. If so -do you feel you have healed --- do you ever worry that the ailment will return? Do you see a connection between your life now - and your life then?

2. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

I have PL memories of being a girl in Victorian England, and I died of anemia at the age of 12. It seems the most important persons for me in that (short) PL were my father and my little brother.
    I don't know what caused the anemia then.
    In this lifetime, I also have anemia. It was discovered when I was pregnant for the first time, but doctors thought it was caused by the pregnancy. But it was not temporarily, I kept having problems with it till now. If I don't take a daily dose of iron, I have a shortage again in no time, even now the units of iron in my blood are only 23 (minimum should be 55). I think maybe in this lifetime it is caused because I worked several years at the radiology department of a hospital, and maybe we were not always careful enough with the radiations (I read madame Curie also died of anemia because the radiations deformed her blood), but I don't know for sure. I only know it was discovered after I worked there 4 years.
    Something interesting is that recently I made contact with the person who was my father in that PL. I have a good contact with that person now, its a bit like we are trying to pick up the relation where it ended then. Up till now, I couldn't figure out why the anemia followed me from that life to this one, but who knows, maybe through my contact with my PL father I will get healed.....regular blood tests may show that in the future. :)

Eevee

3. Ben

Ben Synesthetic

My last lifetime, I was being interned in some medical sanitarium somewhere in Europe (either in the late 19th or early 20th century) From what I've described of that memory, eg, comfortably mingling with people, wearing similar uniforms, elaborate cast-iron gates, shiny floors and medicine/antiseptic type smell...it was probably a medical institution to intern people with tuberculosis. Oddly enough, to this very day I'll occasionally get a tingling, almost 'tightness of the chest' feeling.

It's not exactly pain, but still uncomfortable...almost like the way your lungs feel when you breath-in 'gas or something toxic', like when your lungs are filled with something bizarre or foreign. It usually lasts about 15 to 20 minutes, but a few Tylenols will clear it up. The medical reason is that it's basically a reaction to dust (I have biological allergies which needed shots for about 10 years) But something tells me that the tightness in my chest and my pastlife are somehow connected.

4. Veronika

Veronika Senior Registered

Hi,
    In my case the answer is no. In my last life I died of stomach cancer. I have never had any problems with my stomach, yet.

I'm not really sure of this, but here comes my theory: I think I got the message after my death of why I got the cancer. Not the physical reason, but the spiritual. In my present life I encountered a different version of the same trauma that caused the cancer last time. This time I dealt with it differently and didn't store all my feelings and pain without really admit that I had them. In my last life I rarely talked about my feelings I just kept everything inside. This is something I did in the life before that too but I can't remeber my death in that life.

Veronica

5. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

When I was a teenager I had a lot of back pain problems. Later, in my late twenties, still suffering from regular lower back problems, I did a regression with a friend who was learning how to do hypnotic regressions at the time. I had either a PL memoriy or a fantasy (who can tell for sure) about being speared in the back in some kind of jungle setting. Since that regression, now almost 30 years ago, I have had no further back problems at all.

6. Frosty_Mon

Frosty_Mon Senior Registered

I am hoping to have a situation occur like the one Fiziwig had. I have a lower back problem, that I got at age of late 14, possibly maybe had turn 15 already, but the point is I seen images of this Indian boy falling off a cliff and landing on a large stone, and that's how the boy died.

The boy looked like he could of been 8 or 9, but I think he was in his early teenage yrs. I had others, at least 3, see similar images that they felt it was me. The thing is, one person said they felt that I was 15, one person said about 13 I think, at least one person said I was 8 yrs old or around there.

Well this life I look younger then I'm actually am. Though I'm not sure about this, one or maybe 2 people told me I sound a certain age. I know one person said I sounded 17 yrs old, at the time I believe I just turned 20 yrs old. Then again I am not sure if this person was honestly saying it, or just saying it because there was some ridiculous rule on the software program, that you had to be at least 18 yrs old for a reading.

Anyhow, I'm 21 currently, and still have the seperated vertabre problem in my lower back.

I also have a upper back problem, could never walk straight, and at early age, I was put in leg braces, but that my parents said, only helped a little. To this day I can't keep my back up to walk straight.

This is supposed to be about imprints, so I guess that would include mental problem/s from past live/s? If so I have obsession compulsive disorder, that I think is coming from a past life as a ninja.

I'll stop here I guess, these are my main 3 problems I have.

7. bamboobuddha

bamboobuddha Senior Registered

in a past life i died at the age of 28 from a chest disease. i used to feel my chest constricting, tingling, almost to the point of hurting, but not quite. what a strange feeling. it got to the point when i was really worried, then i found out how i dies of a chest disease in the past and it went away. sometimes i feel it still, and yes i do worry if it will come back. but i dont think it will. if i was meant to get it again, i would and theres nothing i can do about it. if its truely in the past, it will stay there. i try not to worry about the things that i cannot control.
    ~*~*~kat~*~*~

8. Sue

Sue Senior Registered

Something I hadn't considered before...

I remember when I was a child from about 5-7 years old, I'm estimating, I had pain in my chest all the time. It would be this horrible pain, and I would say "Mama, my heart hurts". She would take me to the doctor, but they could never find anything wrong. When I was younger than this, a nurse had told my mother that I had a heart murmur...and maybe I had a hole in my heart or something. But when I was older and got examined, the doctor could not find anything, and attributed it to "stress"...(seems like everything is caused by stress these days).

I also had frequent nose bleeds and ulcers in my mouth, and the doctor could not explain that either. Hmm...maybe he was just stupid. Maybe it's past life related...I don't experience this anymore.

Maybe it was stress
    -Sue :D

9. catseye

catseye Senior Registered

I think a lot of my stomach problems are carried over from my life in World War 2 germany. I was finally diagnosed at the age of thirty six with a disease that was mostly found in males over forty who drank and smoked. I was female, can't stand being in a room with a smoker and I can count how many alcoholic drinks I've had in 40 years on one hand.
    However I do believe that my other life did drink to excess, used drugs to dull images and probably even smoked since a lot of women did at the time, and smokers don't smell things as well as nonsmokers, and there were a lot of things you didn't want to smell there.
    catseye

10. Deborah

Thank you all for sharing.

Very interesting. I enjoyed reading about all of your "imprints."

I have another question ;)....

First there is an awareness of a past life and possibly a past life situation, but after the awareness... is there an integration within your consciousness - where you are aware of your past self and your present self? Gregory Paxson, a therapist talks about lifetimes being interactive and that they contribute to the refinement of energy of the whole being. Are any of you aware of this "interactive" -- healing process?

Catseye, do you feel you can release these energies? Overcome the emotions, and feelings? Have regressions helped you as they appear to have helped fiziwig? They have helped me immensely, but I feel there is still much for me to experience or work through.

Veronika, I think you hit the nail on the head, emotions and feelings can carry over -life time to life time until we let go of them, release them or deal with them differently as you suggested you did. Good for you!

I am looking forward to your responses.

11. Deborah

Here' another example of one of my IMPRINTS that seems to have no basis in the here and now - but just is. I know I died in the snow in the mountains in the early 1800's. I froze to death trying to go for help. In this life -I get cold so easy - others are warm..I need hot tea. My mother says it's poor circulation and actually had a name for it. Cannot recall.

To me this seems to be an imprint..one perhaps I need to work on. My question is - if I do the work will I actually heal? Guess its time to find out. ;)

12. Deborah

So *S*S*S

No one responded to the extended question...

Should I rephrase it? Give an example? Just curious as to me this question relates to the PRESENT moment - the NOW and what past lives have to do with current lives.

13. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

I don't know exactly if what I am going to write now is what you mean, but I will give it a try.
    Its not so much about the anemia in that past life, but also in that life I longed for a better contact with my father. I adored him, but he spent not often time with me.
    Now that I met this person again in this life, we talk a lot. Even today I told him sometimes I think his head may burst because I go on talking and talking to him....For me this really feels like I am catching up what I missed in that past life. I think its healing for me in that way. I usually am not that talkative, but with my PL father I never seem to ran out of conversation topics.
    In that PL I died with a big misunderstanding between us: I needed more contact with him, but being a teenager I probably never told him so, and my attitude of 'I can handle my illness very well' must have witheld him from serious conversations with me. But my heart was crying :'Daddy, talk to me!'
    We talked about it now, and this time I express what I need from him, and give him the opportunity to respond to me. And he is very patient with me....and I know he will smile when he reads this ;)

Eevee

14. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

About the imprints

I had a PL dream of being a woman in her late 20's shot in the kidney area in the Burning Time. Salem in the 1600's. Interestingly enough I have recurring kidney problems in this life.
    The problems surfaced..in my late 20's.
    I also believe I was a Civil War soldier shot in the same area of the body. This happened in a cornfield. But as lots of Civil War battles took place in cornfields I cannot pinpoint it further.
    After I finally made the connection between the 2 lives and the present condition. the infections and such became less and less frequent and are sporadic now.

15. Aries_02

Aries_02 Senior Registered

imprints

I was told in a reading that I died of cancer in 1952 argentina in a region around my stomach, and that it wasn't detected until it was terminal. When I was born I had a hernia operation before ever leaving the hospital. One thing I thought was an odd relation, my mother died at age 52 of ovarian cancer. I thought the 52 factor was kind of an odd coincidence. My mother had severe anxiety problems and emotional inesecurities which would wear her out and make the illness worse. In this life even as a child I always thought of worrying as the enemy, from general obseveration in this lifetime I've noticed that people who are proned to anxiety often eventually end up with illnesses as a result of not being able to take care of themselves emotionally. My grandmother who has also had anxiety problems related to a mentally abusive/controlling husband also was diagnosed with diabetes around 2 years ago, my best friend who also has social anxiety problems and since a young child has felt the need to submiss to others to be accepted thus producing the need to compete for control over her environment was diagnosed with multiple scerosis in 1999, she had dreams of running in the olympics but is no longer permitted by doctors to participate in sports of any kind and isolates herself in her house and complains of not being able to control other people or feeling controlled by other people, and can see things like someone shopping in the same store as she does as a personal threat or competition.

16. Germonious

Germonious Senior Registered

I have a rather interesting set of imprints, and quite literally that :D.

On my right wrist, I have a small indentation. On my left wrist, I have a raised spot that is shaped just like the indentation on my right wrist. When they are put together, one palm faces outward and the other faces inward towards me. This, at least to me, resembles the way the peoples hands were bound in ancient times.

Another interesting situation, raised bumps. This has only happened two or three times in my life that I can remember and all in completely different situations and environments. I would get a bump on my body that would itch and literally in seconds, I would be covered head to toe with these itchy bumps and within 15-20 minutes, they would disappear like nothing had happened. Been trying to figure out how this could possibly be PL related

Another one is random muscle spasms. Every once in a while, maybe a few times a year(sometimes not even that), I get these really bad spasms in my chest that make it next to impossible to breathe. They last 15-20 minutes as well.

17. Artzab

Artzab AS2

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old I had a pain in my chest. I actually dropped to the floor and put my hand over my chest until the pain went away. I have no history of any kind of heart conditions in this lifetime and I have thought of heart burn, but I think it might've happened more than once if it was heart burn and it was only that one incident, so I'm not positive what it could have been.

18. Feech

Feech Senior Registered

Deborah, concerning interactive healing processes: Yes, definitely.

As for physical ailment imprints mine are generally less severe than most described here, except for the mental part of it. I'm obsessive, anxious, socially phobic, and prone to depression. The depression and obsession come from times of increased fear and anxiety in my life, and if it's past-life related, I feel strongly the anxiety comes from knowing I wanted to make sure certain things didn't happen again. I learned that someone you trusted could turn around and kill you. I was extremely naive and gullible in the past life. I am still gullible, I just happen to now constantly worry that someone will take advantage of or hurt me or someone I care about (or _anyone_ for that matter), but I haven't actually solved the problem, I've just changed my mind-set from last time to this time so that instead of being "nothing will ever happen to me" I'm twitchy and paranoid. I don't believe people can love me, or if I do believe that, I don't believe they can do so and not need something back from me in return of at least equal value to what they do for me, and then I never believe I am of value. They do infinitely important things for me, and I fear I can never have enough or be enough. If I hadn't had such a supportive family this time I would have been a complete basket case instead of a sometimes-not-so-obvious and more internalized basket case. Still, I am hard to live with. I fear all people including those closest to me; being with someone a lot doesn't change the phobia. I have to watch my triggers carefully. It's a good thing for me that there is absolutely no question in the mind of my large family that any one of us would support any other in any physical way if need be. That way I can have my own anxieties but my logical mind can't really find any valid arguments for it. That doesn't change the fact that I have a terror of being left behind, forgotten, lost, or just plain not paid attention to... I'm needy and yet I can't stand human contact, sometimes can't stand touch, then I turn around and need constant attention. Like a cat I seem most attracted to the person paying least attention to me. Then if they pay attention when I beg, I get nasty at them. I had a past life in which I was naturally very loving and couldn't get enough attention, yet always got the "wrong kind" of attention for myself. Better to be kicked and beaten around and have bad attention than no attention at all, so many times when I remember myself I remember various permutations of being beat up.

19. Feech

Feech Senior Registered

and I chatter on...

I didn't expect to talk this long... this is just making me think of lots of things... I had an unsavory way of surviving. In fact, there is one "imprint" that keeps cropping up, which is damage to one side of the face. I am fascinated with people like Two-Face from Batman. I recalled being hit very hard at one time in such a way that my jaw wouldn't close right for a time. When that happened, a person I considered a friend was in the room and didn't do anything to stop his cronies from doing it. I felt incredibly sad about it. I have had Bell's Palsy and I got it directly after sleeping out on a beach at night. Given how I feel I died and where I lived, this seems maybe significant. Also given my past life memories, I find it significant that this stopped me from ever being a good clarinet player, which I had a good start on. I no longer have obvious palsy, but my face never works well enough for clarinet playing beyond a few measures. I tried throughout high school anyway, with no endurance-- sort of hiding my incompetence behind the first-chair and never advancing. I was good when my mouth wasn't tired, which usually happened by the end of each song. :( The clarinet has nothing to do with what I _did_ in a past life, but what I liked and listened to. I also have a dislocating jaw which runs in my family. I have some unusual tastes in food or rather foods that make me sick I hate them so much, so rather than a trigger it's more like an ingrained thing. Some foods are triggers and make me feel homesick (those foods I might like or dislike but the idea of them is important). Gah, I was going to make a _short_ post this time. No such luck. Anyway... for basic physical issues I can trace my poor knees to injuries in the past life and an inherited internal hip rotation that causes knee issues in this life. My hip pain which resulted from an out-of-alignment SI joint, also an inherited susceptibility problem, disappeared for awhile after a trip to my old haunts. My ingrained fear of heights disappeared while on the trip. Perhaps the hip pain was made to go away by different behaviors on the trip? I don't know. I feel that my current fear of heights is due to the way my brother died in the past life. I do not have any proof nor has it been proven to me that it's true... I just know that trying to deny or ignore it is unpleasant. I have one condition I can't find an explanation for, and that is excessive mucous, coughing a lot after exertion, laughing and eating. (I drowned in the relevant past life.) My best guess in my case after doing some research is that it's related to my allergies (in this life). I have recalled that I had ongoing stomach problems from viruses, then. It relates to problems with female issues now... which also has to do with drawing my attention to the fact that my soul isn't really female. Too much information, that's me.

20. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

Re: Thank you all for sharing.

Hi Deborah,

If I understand you correctly, then yes, I am aware of past personalities and past life situations within myself now that contribute to the person I am in the present. Some of these personality traits that I developed in past lives do not fit in with the person I am or want to be in the present and need to be laid to rest.

For example, in one past life I had reason to want to hide the poor background I came from and did so successfully for the better part of a lifetime. Maintaining the illusion of being someone genteel from a 'good family' caused me to be guarded, rather aloof with people, very self-conscious and anxious about ever making a mistake that would 'blow my cover'. Because I was successful in my chosen profession and admired for my competence and devotion to duty, I allowed myself to became rather arrogant, self-important and a bit of know-it-all as well. In addition, because it was the done thing then for 'people of quality' to be very self-contained, I was unable to show my feelings. My emotional self was as tightly constrained as my waistline was by my corset! :eek: This tendency to withold emotion may also be related to another lifetime as a nun - old habits die hard! :D

Some years ago, I realised that a chronic tension in my abdominal area was directly connected with that aforementioned life and that I needed to allow myself to just relax and be myself with others. I had always felt tense in the company of other people and very conscious of wanting to give the right impression for fear of being rejected or not thought well of. I was a perfectionist in the way I dressed and behaved. I became more and more aware of not being genuine with people, but always presenting a false image of myself, just like I had done in that past life. The only difference was that in the present I had no reason to do this. It was clearly just a bad habit from the past.

To a large extent I am now able to be myself in the company of others, which is a tremendous relief, and I no longer experience that tension in my abdominal area. However, the inclination to be arrogant at times still bugs me! Sometimes when I go back and read something I have posted on this forum I worry that I may have come across to others as self-important or arrogant. I also find that I have to work at allowing the warmth, compassion and love I feel toward my fellow humans in this life flow out freely. It is indeed a healing process!

Hugs,

Angelcat :)