Imprints

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Angelcat,

You know.. I meant to come back to this some time ago. It has been a crazy semester.

First...you never come across as arrogant at all! Not even a little bit. In fact - I look forward to your posts in all threads and have come to know - that your responses are both helpful and insightful. Know that we all appreciate you very much. :)

Thank you for posting your experience. It rings so true to me....and fits the scenario's written about in the various texts I have been reading. I just picked up Woolger's new book (2004) and am looking forward to reading his version of healing from past lives. I loved his last book in 1988 and I know Carol used him as a reference in her book CPL.

You seem to have such a balanced understanding of your experiences and it is..refreshing. :)

Namaste ;)

2. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    Deborah,

I didn't know Woolger had a new book, what is it called?I liked his first book alot so I'd probably like his second one too.

3. Deborah

HI Zeta,

I didn't either. ;) I hope to do some reading this weekend - after I finish one that "should be" a published book by Lagrima. :)

Healing Your Past` Lives -Exploring the Many Lives of the Soul by Roger Woolger Ph.D.---With Integrated CD Learning - five guided regression exercises to assess your past life memories - release old wounds, and illuminate your life's purpose. $19.95 - 2004 publication.

4. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    Thank you Deborah.I saw the link you posted in another thread as well.If I see the book I'll have to check it out.

5. Deborah

You Are welcome Zeta

I am about half way through the book. Woolger addresses Imprints. He says there are four different types. His book addresses the premise of what I have been writing about in my own book - which is exciting to me. :)

He references the teachings of the ancient Indian Sage Patanjali and then lists the four types of Imprints that each of us carries within us.

1). The etheric or vital field - imprints of all physical wounds.

2). The emotional field (Or astral body) - which carries unresolved feeling states and emotional traumas..

3). The mental field (or mental body) which carries obsessive and repetitive thoughts.

4). The spiritual field (or causal body) - which relates to the collective unconsious - that Jung defined as being beyond the individual consciousness.

His point being - if I understand him correctly - is that KARMA has to be healed on ALL levels within the self and beyond. I am reflecting on my own imprints right now and how the list relates to my own experiences. Does your experience resonate with his findings?

6. dharma

dharma New Member

Imprints

When I was a child, I used to have agonizing pains in my legs. They generally occurred in the early morning or late evening. I couldn't walk, and nothing helped the pain. My parents tried taking me to a doctor, and he couldn't find anything specific and just called them "growing pains." He said many children have them, but no cause can be found. I still get them every once in a while, though, and I'm definitely done growing! The only 2 possible PLs I'm aware of I had no injuries to my legs, but I'm assuming I had one in which something happened to my legs.

I did have a PL in which I was a huge pushover and didn't stick up for myself or what I believed was right. I remember my intense feeling of disgust at myself for not doing the right thing. I died before I could reconcile anything, and I died with a lot of guilt and remorse. In this life, I definitely defend myself and stick up for my opinions and ethical beliefs. In fact, sometimes a little too aggressively, but I now I know why. So, I try to keep a balance between complete pushover and tyrant. :D

Now if I could just figure out why I'm terrified of heights, mice, the dark, small places...the list goes on and on.

7. Pvt_Scotty

Pvt_Scotty Senior Registered

Deborah,

Neat topic. I don't know if these are "imprints" or not, but I'll put 'em down just the same...

* Years ago, I found that I would get a recurring pain in my left side (in the area of the back). Doctors could find no reason for this, although Mom took me to the hospital at least once for it. In college, I was given an assignment to write a historical fiction story. This "story" turned into a past life recall, in which I was a paid assassin for the Roman army, a centurion. After completing an assignment, the killing of a rabbi named Judah, I went to Rome. While standing in the square (don't know where), I heard news of Vesuvius erupting in Pompeii. As I listened, my tutor from childhood came up behind me and stabbed me in my left side (exactly where the pain was), killing me. He didn't like the direction my life had taken. He felt the education had been wasted on a killer. The pain is now gone.

* I have a slight arrhythmia, possibly an imprint from the past life where I took a spear in the heart when defending my Mother, Freya.

Scott

8. Deborah

Has anyone else read Woolger's new book? What are your thoughts on the premise of this thread? *S*S*S*S

Carol Bowman highly recommends his work and research. In my opinion he is one of the best. Although I find his CD - like many others - prohibitive of actual past life recall. Its more about relaxing and trying to see instead of entering into self past present or future. But - that may just be me. ;)

9. Lights

Lights Lights

I am not 100% certain, but when little I was very prone to respiratory ailements...still am if I am not careful. I also had either a murmur or an extra heartbeat when young. I found out somewhere that last life I died of Pleurisy that had degenerated into pneumonia and heart failure.

10. kyla

kyla Senior Registered

ive been reading over this thread, since its popped up a few times recently, its a concept that concerns me greatly. im scared of it if im honest, its a horrible thought to think that illnesses or alliments might litterally come back to haunt you, just writting those words really unnerves me. ive recently had to deal with the possibilty of a major illness, and the closer my tests gets inevitably the more scared i get. but what scares me more, is the possibility of such an experience repeating itself the next time round and after that, until i can figure out why i cant heal the issue, if thats how it works. :confused: this concept for me really takes out the comfort in knowing that one day life might be nicer or easier. perhaps this is one of the thougher sides to reincarnation

just my thoughts on the subject, although i can see the benefits of learning from such experiences : angel

11. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Kyla,

I don't know if it ever does us any good to think someday life may be easier. The best we can do is live in the now, take care of things now, make a little progress one day at a time instead of overwhelming ourselves with thinking life would be more worthwhile, if...

But that's the zen student in me coming out! ;)

As for finding that imprints shape our present health:

I have found that is true for me, and is actually a relief for me. I know what to look for now. Sometimes imprints cause symptoms to pop up without known causes, and baffle doctors, making them tend to think we are making the symptoms up, and frustrating us. If we know what might be behind the symptoms, we may be able to find a relief for our illnesses that traditional Western medicine cannot give us.

If imprints trigger the actual illnesses, we are not doomed to repeat history. It may be awareness can help us change the course of a disease.

If we are not aware of the past causes, then I feel we are placed in the position of looking at the problem in a new way, for a reason. Perhaps if we were aware, we would not take a fresh approach to the problem.

Sandra

12. elese

elese Senior Registered

I have thought about this one a lot Deborah!
    There are so many things that still affect me today...
    i have great difficulty in the 'womanly area' :laugh: it's not just bad... i have blacked out from lack of iron and too many pills (used for the pain... and since i had irregular ones) and it got so bad at some points that i remember during a black out begging with 'god' to let me live... one time i blacked out eight times within ten minutes... and no one was home to hear me fall... i almost died ( I know it sounds kinda silly) that day... and i know it...

other things include addictions and habits... i bite my nails like mad, have had many pill popping problems (and i'm young!)... alcohol addictions... these are all carried on from past lives... and feel so scarily familiar...

As for mental illness... i have extremely high anxiety at times... and am always nervous/anxious... a closer friend had diagnosed me as Skitzophranic... but she's not a doctor, so i'm not... also, i'm always sick... i'm the typhoid mary (as my doctor called me) the one always catching the sicknesses first and spreading them... i also suffer from major headaches at sometimes... and am always trying to lock myself in my room when anyone (even if i slightly know them) that isn't my friend that i invited comes over... i have a high social anxiety yet am a social 'butterfly' (it works very oddly according to where and when and what mood i'm in...)

a lot i get from my last two lifetimes in this area...

13. BessieA

BessieA Senior Registered

Elese, I can realte to everything you wrote, It was like you were writing about me ha ha :laugh:

I am on the pill now to control my problems with the "womanly area" (great name for it lol) but it took a long time to find one which worked, and they are still so painful I am layed up in bed for a week. The main thing is the fainting has stopped.

I am 19 and have had addictions to alcohol, drugs (I nearly died from a heroine overdose) sex : angel I have often wondered if any of this is past life related. I don't remember many past lives, and those which I do remember - I don't have any of these problems in them. Maybe It is all present life stuff :confused:

Also the social anxiety, I really suffer from it. I stay in the huse for days on end without going outside. Sometimes my family or friends can manage to drag me out somewhere, but I just feel dizzy from it all, when i get home, I'm so drained i have to sleep for hours. I am on medication for it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Thia could be past life related too, or maybe I just have to accept that I'm a strange person :rolleyes:

14. elese

elese Senior Registered

yeah... they put me on the pill for it... which seemed to regulate them a bit (even now that i'm off it)... but does nothing for pain. and with my luck, i turned out to have an allergic reaction where i got this terribly itchy rash for 5 months (we didn't know what it was from...) so yeah...

Bessie,
    have you ever considered that maybe you need to recall these lives that are more related to yours? i wonder if that's why you are down the same path (if they are indeed pl related). that's what happened in my case anyways, and although it didn't help 100%, knowing about these problems and there root causes can be helpful.

15. sea-horse

sea-horse Senior Registered

I've lived in the part of the country that has very cold winters. It seems odd that if the temp were to get to -80 with wind chill that I'm fine. Cold, but find. And yet if it were to get to the 20's...not at all sure of the exact temp...I'm broadsided.

In my last life I died at sea in frigid water. To this day, if the temp seems to be around that temp in the water I can't get warm no matter what. I've spent hours under layers of blankets and still been cold. It makes no sense to me.

A friend of mine once said that it's similar to muscle memory. Only in this case, it's temp related and connected to a memory. She said that it's a part of a highly emotional event that a re-occuring temp would bring the physical characteristics back. I guess it's like how a smell can bring you back.

Sea-horse

16. Dawn o the Shed

Dawn o the Shed Senior Registered

This is something I've often thought about too.

I mentioned somewhere a dream that I had of being a young man who was stabbed to death. In the dream, I was walking away from some kind of carnival where I had taken on a professional prize fighter and had badly hurt my right wrist, making me unable to defend myself properly.
    In this life, around the age of puberty I started having a great deal of pain in my right wrist, which came and went for a while and at one point became so bad that I missed many of my final exams at school, being unable to hold a pen.
    When I was 18 my old art teacher got me some work designing a pack of Tarot Cards for a guy who did astrology and spiritual healing. The first thing he did was offer to heal my wrist. It worked too, I had no further problems until my first trip abroad with my fella to Spain about eight years ago, exactly ten years later. Two years ago I was diagnosed with arthritis in that wrist.

The other thing involves the actress from the 20's I've been researching. I've always had chest problems, recurrent bronchitis throughout childhood, and have always had a great fear of suffocation. I used to dream about not being able to breathe. I developed athsma later on. (that's most likely because I started smoking when I was 21, I'll never quite figure out why..I felt like that was something I'd done before too)

Well, when I started researching Olive I wrote down a list of things I felt I remembered about her which might be relevant to my life now, before I went looking for the evidence.

That she smoked, that she lost her father when she was young (something I was terrified of from earliest memories right up until actually losing him when I was 16), that she never had kids although she had desperately wanted them, and that she had lost absolutely everything and almost everyone in her life by the time she died, (I've always been deathly scared of debt and of having no home, my only debt in this life is my mortgage, the only thing I'd GET into debt for, a house of my own which noone can take away from me.. :rolleyes: )

I later found out she died from what's variously described as "heart and lung ailments" "pneumonia", and/or "a stomach ailment". The actual obituaries from the time stress the chest problems more. She had become bankrupt despite investing money and working her socks off her whole life and had gone downhill from there. I was right about the children, and about losing her father, although she was tiny when hers died in a car accident, and recently have been given a load of pics of her, several of which show her smoking.
    I suspect she suffered from some kind of eating disorder too but I haven't any evidence yet, other than possibly the stomach ailment thing, whch could have been a symptom. I found a photograph of her on her death bed, which was heart rending and filled me with anger at her mother, the only person she had left, also pictured...

I'll shut up now! : angel

Dawnxx

17. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

As far as ailments go -- I know that in at least two lives I died from chest ailments -- and in my present life, whenever I get a cold it triggers a full-scale asthma attack. It's not triggered by anything other than a chest cold, and I don't take any meds for it. It was much worse when I was a small child between the ages of 4 and 10, and in the last few years I haven't needed medical attention at all. :thumbsup:

Ailish

18. HelplessDancer

HelplessDancer Sheikless Sheba

For some time I've felt that it's past life-linked how when it's very cold, my feet and toes get the coldest and most uncomfortable, and first, due to the lack of proper shoes in the camps, let alone how most people didn't even have socks. Any other medical or health problems I've had are up in the air, without any known ideas of what links they might or might not have to any past lives, such as how I was constantly getting strep throat when I was six years old or how I've had eczema since I was a baby. I also, starting when I was in seventh or eighth grade, used to have strange periodic pain in one of my legs (I can't even remember which one).

19. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

It's interesting for me to note -- that many of my pl memories include not being able to breath.

At times this has come from illness, at other times from drowning, from having collapsed lungs, and more recently I've connected the smoke and particles in the air from the bombs in WWI Italy to my asthma -- as being a possible contributor. ;)

Ailish

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

This is interesting to read. In my previous life my lungs would have been incinerated by volcanic ash when I was caught in the path of a pyroclastic eruption.....and now in my present life I too suffer with asthma.