Inner Light - The Sun God(s) - & Religion

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SeaAndSky, Dec 7, 2016.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

I'm fascinated by the references to the light, especially references to its color in John's post #348. One of the interesting aspects of Michael Newton's books are his reference to the light that seems to form a back-drop to much or all of what goes on at the between lives level he accessed with his subjects. It is a deep violet or indigo, which is the highest frequency that humans can see, and is a manifestation of "the Source" at the between lives level reached by those still reincarnating. Likewise, according to his subjects, as "souls" grow and develop the light they radiate moves from mixed through lower frequencies toward this highest frequency.

So, something that may relate to what is being discussed or maybe not.

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Are you familiar with the Nag Hammandi Library? It has not been changed - it wasn't found until the 1940's and is almost 2000 years old. It is NOT the Bible although there is a beautiful book entitled LIGHT CONSCIOUSNESS that compares these ancient texts with the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible -- the correlations are amazing.

The quote I included I chose due to my experience with inner light....not because I am following what was written. As a researcher I am interested in looking at ancient religions and their similarities. What I found was that most every major religion around the world, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu and Jewish, all speak of the first “LIGHT,“ the “beginning“, and the first 'word' of creation. I found that most religions were started because of man's experience with LIGHT, and that LOVE and LIGHT were synonymous. I also found that it was almost impossible for religious doctrines to express, or even attempt to communicate what and who God is -- it simply could not be done -- our language does not allow us to extrapolate that which is, the Holy Father. Except that God is absolute.

Quantum physics tells us that Light is also absolute. The separation between science and religion is vast, yet what is suggested, is the possibility that the Light was where God and Science met.

God is described as being somewhere beyond our physical understanding. He is beyond the world of matter, beyond shape, and beyond form. God is beyond space and time -- but so too is the light.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

"The Light" I have no understandings of the light from a scientific or educational standpoint.. Mine all come from my experiences and mediations, which I will talk about in there proper sequences as this threads unfolds.
    Before we begin, the light takes different forms and colours and is seen under different circumstance's..The question is do we go to the light or does the light come to us?.. unless we understand that basic concept about the light in all of its forms and colours then there can be no real understandings about the light
    That's not an easy concept to understand.. When I go outside and turn to the sun and connect to my gods through the light of the sun, it appears I'm both going to the light and the light is coming to me.. When we meditate and see the light are we going to the light or is the light coming to us? Unless there is an understanding of what is going on with the light then we miss it all

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  4. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

We are children of the sun after all. We have evolved with it since the 'beginning'. Every cell in our body has been bathed in 'star dust' .

SeaAndSky likes this.
  5. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

SeaAndSky likes this.
  6. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

For the more spiritual aspect, there is this, written 1340 ish BCE and believed to be a mishmash from even earlier hymns and sources:

Splendid you rise, O living Aten, eternal lord!
    You are radiant, beauteous, mighty.
    Your love is great, immense.
    Your rays light up all faces,
    Your bright hue gives life to hearts,
    When you fill the Two Lands with your love.
    August God who fashioned himself,
    Who made every land, created what is in it,
    All peoples, herds, and flocks,
    All trees that grow from soil;
    They live when you dawn for them,
    You are mother and father of all that you made.

So, the light is definitely thought to have been interactive. It IS love, amongst other things. It is bright of hue and brings life. It is not sexless, but both male and female. It is there -- available -- for the people of all nations and, indeed, for all living things.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

For John Tat,
    We meet in the light. There are no comings and goings. There are only degrees of "being there" and not "being there." Hope this helps.

For SeaAndSky,
    One of the few things I could relate to in the Newton book I read, was his bit about the light. What did not translate well for me, though, was the description of violet or indigo light. Down here on Earth, that implies a type of darkness -- a muddy color. Over "there" it is more like the rings in tanguerra's helical model. It is bright, while still blue. I saw it more like light shining through dark blue glass.

Every year, we would spend Christmas Eve at my grandmother's house. Her tree only had blue lights on it, and then she would make up a batch of snow and paint the tree with it. This snow was not the spray stuff that came later -- thin, powdery stuff -- but rather, something she would whip up from detergent and slop on the branches. She was an artist, and when she was done it looked just like a heavy snowfall had hit the tree. By now, you are probably asking yourself, what does this have to do with the light? Well, that is the best I can get to describe what it feels like.

It smells so clean and, to me, woodsy. It is like the anticipation you felt waiting for Santa. It is hushed and sparkling, like walking in new-fallen snow. It is blue, shining, HAPPY, and is most easily reached at this time of year. At least, for me it is. Tomorrow is the long night, and then the sun returns.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  8. SeaAndSky

Hi All,

The idea of "Light" has a prominent place in all religions. In all of these, it seems to me to have at least two primary aspects.

First, and most importantly, light illuminates--it shows what is. If you do not have the light, you are stumbling around in darkness. If you have the light, you can see to make your way.

Second, light conveys not just illumination, but other qualities. It colors what it touches depending on what aspect is coming through. It also warms what it touches. Light, heat and fire seem to always have been associated in religious thought and the human mind.

With all of this in mind, we analogize true knowledge to light, as something that illuminates and shows what is--in truth--reality. We also tend to associate with light not just the understanding, but the feelings. So, head and heart, cognitive and affective realities, are both illuminated and impacted. Just as the "Light" illuminates it also warms, bringing not just true vision to the mind, but true warmth to the heart. I may be creating false dichotomies in terms of our inner nature, but I'm just trying to convey something of the comprehensiveness of the term and concept "Light" as it is used and experienced.

Also, we experience physical light while in the body, but from all accounts by those who have experienced NDAs, done OBE to very high levels, or reported experiences between lives, physical light has its non-physical analogs at higher levels. Perhaps what is "seen" as light at these higher levels is like the subtle bodies that we are all supposed to possess--i.e., increasingly subtle forms of what light is in the physical. And, based on accounts I have read I am not sure that those experiencing these things are not perceiving at these higher levels (with whatever sense is analogous to physical sight), what we can only "feel" at this level. I.e., there are accounts of light that not only illuminates, but is glowing love itself, warming through to the innermost being and conveying wisdom and understanding. As the old KJV has it--"For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face". So, it seems to me that we presently experience only the shadowy reflection in our minds and hearts of what we will perceive directly at higher levels.*

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--*Of course, these are my own thoughts and speculations, but I have read many different accounts of "heavenly" experiences where such things seem to be true.

PPS--Great posts from all. This is a deep subject with many aspects. I hope to get to the idea of color the next time I get a chance to write. From what I can tell, the higher "light" frequencies are aligned with the higher Chakras (with lowest chakra being associated with the color red and the highest with deep violet/blue tones). The chakras are likewise aligned with different levels of existence, perception, consciousness, planes of being, etc. Hence, the "light" from the source in Newton being perceived as deepest violet or blue, and souls developing so that this is their predominant radiation.

PPPS--Though I risk being hammered, I can't help but respond to the concept of being filled with light with the usual reference from the words of Jesus: "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." This has a variety of applications/interpretations both exoteric and esoteric, but I'm thinking of the esoteric at the moment.

PPPPS--Deborah, I recently re-read the first part of your book again. I had forgotten about the "purple" light you experienced and how the memories came out of it. I have experienced what I have been thinking of as the "purple blob" recently in some of my meditations or waking up in the morning. Sometimes I see shapes in it--vaguely. Recently, it seemed to contain very complicated linear structures, as if I was seeing some vague city scene. So, you have given me something to connect to on that. Thanks! I'll let you know if anything more interesting develops from this.

9. John Tat

This is one of those times for me when many things and this time what we are talking here the light is not in line with what I have been told by both my spiritual self and source...These situations are not easy..am I better off not saying anything rather than coming across as weird?
    As I have said many times and this situation is one of them I'm still not exactly sure what I have been told means... I will do my best....
    There is only one light...the pure white light of the gods
    Within our pure spiritual selves we have a three sided prism, called ... The prism of spirituality...My source called it something else The prism of (something like) randon rc. After a few meditations the best I could nail it down to in todays terminology was spirituality. This prism was well known to the priests of Ancient Egypt... I think it has connections to the pyramids
    The three sided prism of spirituality is made up of three parts. The closest I can get to what they are in there interruptions that was passed onto me are....
    Our spiritual selves connections to our gods, the knowledge of our spiritual selves, and the understandings of our future incarnations are all connected through the prism
    This prism of spirituality is the foundations of our spiritual self.. and has many functions. It is who we are spiritually
    When we are mediating the pure white light of the gods passes through our prism of spirituality and we see different coloured lights
    The same colour/colours seen by different people does not mean the same thing.. It depends where you are within your prism of spirituality
    The light is all about the light of the gods and the colours we see all come from the gods and are within the pure white light of the gods
    They are connecting to us through the colours we see through our prism of spirituality.. I don't understand it all and what the colours mean to us
    As I said in post #3 this is not an easy concept to understand
    As I said I hope you do not think I'm weird.. This is what I have been told
    I almost deleted this post after I read it and did not post it.. I have done that before after reading what I have said.. I think it has something to do with John Tat not BB
    For me there is still the question about the light coming to us or us going to the light

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  10. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate getting what you have received (unaltered) along with your best understanding of the message. There is no concern there. Anything "original" is going to sound strange, but that is no worry. The info you convey has all along been characterized by a very different (and to my mind) original approach to things. That is one of the reasons it is so interesting.

Cordially,
    S&S

11. John Tat

Hi S&S What you said is true.. From my point of view... the real truth that comes front the original and only true gods the sun gods that contradicts the beliefs of other religions is very difficult for the believers in those religions to accept..This is the major factor that gives me pause The real truth was there thousands of years before any of the religions were invented by man. I certainly do not mean that in a disrespectful way, as always its just the truth as shown to me

Regards

12. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I don't think you have to worry about offending people on this site with whatever you might say about your own beliefs or what has been conveyed to you by your source. I think everyone is just interested to hear what you have to say. For example, you have already given me some new things to think about in terms of your discussion of the spirit as a prism receiving the white light, etc.

Cordially,
    S&S

13. Deborah

Hi Sea&Sky
    Please do share if and when you experience this again. Going into the light as helped me in so many ways. Maybe after Christmas I share how.

14. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

That's interesting, John. I don't find your information strange at all, really. Knowing how light works on the visual spectrum, I've always assumed our experience of the spiritual and unseen is prismatic somehow, especially in how we perceive and interact with spiritual light. Light, without anything to intercept it, is (in a sense) invisible after all. It is only seen when it passes over or through something, and when it goes through instead of being blocked completely then it tends to be divided into wavelengths depending on the nature of the structure and those divisions (manifestations of color) have everything to do with the nature of the receptacle of the light.

15. John Tat

Mere Dreamer.. You understand and see many things..You are the only one on this forum and who I have met in the physical that it feels to me has connections to the gods.. We have talked about this before when I asked who are you and that we would be connected again. You said you were not a warrior, so I do not know how you fit into what is going on
    You must have had some extremely strong connections to Ancient Egypt you are not aware off.. I have asked both my spiritual self and source about you twice.. Both times I got the same answer...."she is in favour with the gods".. which must the connections I feel you have with the gods.. Don't be concerned its all good.. Its the spiritual you the gods are referring to, not the physical Mere Dreamer

Regards

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  16. Mere Dreamer

That's interesting, John.

Of course it would be my spiritual self, since that is where everything we truly are is anchored. I don't think individual lives (past or present) are our identities (whether famous or ordinary), but rather who we have always been and will be is reflected through each life as we live it.

I remember how devastated I felt over many years of my life while my sense of self (in this life) was completely shattered by social and religious judgement.... I thought I had been destroyed, only to discover that "I" couldn't be destroyed and that "I" could then shine through more freely. What I thought was breaking my "self" was merely removing mental shackles that confined this life from full expression, allowing me to open so the light could shine through more freely. (A process that still continues.)

One image I was given early on: Imagine tearing through heavy curtains, then looking through the hole with threads still stringing across to realize beautiful scenery and light can now pour into the darkened room through what seemed to be devastation. That's how it felt, only I (this life's sense of self) was the one who was torn. I was meant to become the gap in the "obstacle" where the light pours through, and part of that light is the spectrum of who I am designed to be.

Another illustration I was given was that I am a channel that carries the light, and where it overflows or seeps through the cracks it merely touches lives that need it. Perfection isn't necessary--above all remaining connected to the light is important.

I have dear friends who are very strongly linked to Egypt themselves, and I've thought it likely that I may have experienced some of that time with or near them. However, it must not be important to remember just yet. It's interesting how everyone's perspectives come together to create challenging conversations. Perhaps one day I'll have "Egypt memories" to contribute. For now, this is all fascinating to read and think about.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  17. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I think I'll ruminate on "the Light" and religions for a bit here.

First, I think you err when or if you assume that most great religions don't have their origin in an experience/encounter with the Light. However, that experience may be of greater/lesser quality/clarity. And, like most things, it is usually subject to being confused and muddled, especially by those who come after. In time, depending on a variety of circumstances, the religion may become something so different from the original encounter/experience with the Light that it memorializes that it (like the religion of Ancient Egypt that you eventually walked away from) has really become irrelevant in terms of conveying truthful and meaningful information about, and experience of, the Light.

Second, the Light exists outside of and beyond the sun gods. It has been experienced by many over the millenia who have no knowledge or experience whatsoever of these entities, and continues to be experienced by many in the current day who have no knowledge or experience related to these entities. The sun gods are not the source of the Light any more than a window is the source of the light that shines through it. The Light may have shone through the ones you call the sun gods, but it has also shone through others, though you may think it has nowhere shone through as purely and clearly as with the sun gods. I am not attempting to argue this last point. The sun gods are dear to you, and I am not seeking to denigrate them in your eyes, just to point out that they are not identical to the Light itself, which may shine through others as well as them.

These are my thoughts and beliefs, with which you may disagree.

Cordially,
    S&S

18. SeaAndSky

Hi Mere,

I like your post. I have often felt that tearing with the light coming through over the last few years, but it isn't necessarily an entry into more "pleasantness" just into more light. The problem is that more light reveals the limitations, dust, deterioration and decrepitude in ones current location in terms of ideas and concepts as well as a lot of other problems to be fixed. Some day I hope that the dusty disheveled interior will be just as bright and delightful as the place the light comes from, but not yet! But I couldn't stand the dimness either, so it has to be this way. Sigh. Even a little bit of additional Light shows much more work to be done.

Cordially,
    S&S

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  19. John Tat

Hi S&S The light in all of its forms has only ever had one source... the only true gods.. I find and feel no need to defend the truth

Regards

20. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Hi John, that seems like a pretty CLOSED position. I for one have a problem with a group creating themselves, it would make more sense to me for there to have been ONE single source for all that there is.

Deborah likes this.
  21. Mere Dreamer

Yes, it's a lot of work to live in the light. At the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way ... now that I see the benefits. I'm not sure I would have chosen this path on purpose due to all the painful side effects and the loss of (false) security, but the result continues to become more worth it and valuable than anything I could have dreamed of before. It's a thin rope of sanity across the chasm of old beliefs that once seemed to keep us safe before becoming destructive and confining, but the other side is inviting and full of opportunity.

I was talking to a friend about the process once, and he said he'd never voluntarily go through what I went through. He was amazed I made the choices I made, given the consequences. I told him he does the same in different areas of life at different times. When the pain of remaining stuck is greater than the pain of transformation, most of us choose to change eventually. Not seeing the cobwebs used to mean there weren't any. Heh... I'd rather know...

SeaAndSky likes this.
  22. Mere Dreamer

S&S it gives a whole new meaning to the mental image of the curtain hiding the holy of holies of the temple being torn open, doesn't it? I sometimes wonder which direction the light flowed... Sometimes what we think of as holy isn't...

SeaAndSky likes this.
  23. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I have no doubt that for you the "light in all of its forms has only ever had one source... the only true gods.." the sun gods. The "sun gods" are your particular window opening onto and allowing the light to enter (or as Mere would have it, the tears in the dark curtain that allow the light to enter). I likewise believe that for myself and others the same light enters by different windows. The windows/tears may be different in size, clarity, etc., and may color, limit, attenuate, or distort the light they allow in, but the light itself is beyond and exists in purity independent of these issues. You are mistaking the windows for the Light and the Light's Source. Like you, "I find and feel no need to defend the truth" in these matters.

Perhaps in this instance you should not rely on either your spiritual self or your source, both of whom have only known the Light as it comes through the "sun gods". Instead, why don't you meditate on the Light itself, seeking to follow it to its ultimate source. It is ultimately a purer and better teacher and fount of wisdom than either your spiritual self or your source. Besides, assuming arguendo that you are correct and the sun gods are the ultimate Source of the Light, shouldn't you be seeking their "divine" inspiration and guidance directly through communion with them through the Light rather than always just relying on what you can get from lesser beings such as your spiritual self or source? You seem to be, so-to-speak, putting the cart before the horse.

Cordially,
    S&S

24. Deborah

It has been noted by some of the most important figures in metaphysics and paranormal phenomenon, that the light experienced by NDE's does not behave like the light studied by physicists. Arthur Zanjoc notes in his book Catching the Light - the Intertwined History of Light and Mind, that, "The light within is of a different order than the objects found without:...this inner light seems to be omnipresent and eternal, exiting outside of time and space."

John Mack's book, Passport to the Cosmos is filled with stories of the Blue Light and one woman (Karin) says,

"This huge Light lives inside of me. It doesn't ever leave my body. It resonates in every fiber of every cell. It's always there. Do you know what telepathy is? People say it's the ability to hear somebody's thoughts, like you can hear inside their head.

But that's not what telepathy is. It's resonation...This light sends out this blue energy, this blue emotion, this blue connection to the universe. I'm connected to it....if you can imagine a blue beam coming from the depths of the universe. It's all around us. It's inside us. It's everything."

In the book The Isaiah Effect, by Gregg Braden, I found interesting reflections regarding Light. Braden states:

“In an ever changing view of creation, many scientists now believe that all we know as our world is ultimately made of the same substance, tiny packets of light (quanta) vibrating at different speeds. Some light vibrates so slowly that it appears as rocks and minerals.

Other forms of light vibrate more rapidly to appear as the living material of plants animals, and people, while even faster vibrations make up our television and radio signals. Ultimately, each may be reduced to the quality of vibrating light.” (pg 99)
    I think the study of Light in the future - will prove to be the way to our understanding more fully - who we are. For me, the Light I experience within - means I already AM the Light. It's just a matter of becoming more aware and open. For me - it isn't "out there."

Going out on a limb here....in my experience; The ancient Egyptians with the help of Light Beings trained very hard to develop and expand their inner light. Even going so far as to merge with them. Raising the consciousness of one, led to the raising of another.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  25. John Tat

With no knowledge other than what has been passed onto me the following is my understanding of this quote.. Replace the words Light Beings with the words Sun Gods.. The light Deborah is talking about here is the most important light of all.. The pure white light of the gods 'Raising the consciousness of one, let to raising of another" is the progression of same spiritual entity.. In this situation the true purpose of the light of the sun gods is all about endings and new beginnings... The goings and comings and what they are and mean. which I have talked about
    The pure white light of endings and new beginnings was well known about by the priests of Ancient Egypt
    It is very complicated but I will do my best to explain the basics.. The pure white light of the sun gods the light of endings and new beginnings is there at the birth of the physical entity....It is there at the death of the physical entity... it is also there at the very moment reincarnation happens.. It is the guiding light of the gods with very powerful spiritual ramifications. That's the best I can do to explain a very complicated situation
    Deborah connected the inner light to this.. I'm not aware of any inner light.. When I meditate to see the light I can see at different times the light of the sun and the moon and a rainbow of colours but no inner light.. I have mediated many times about the inner light with no proper answers. That usually means what I have asked about has no real relevance . It may not apply here but normally it does

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  26. Deborah

Spirit once told me - everything is done in reflection. Inner light is a reflection of the Light Beings - Sun God's, Omnipresence.

27. John Tat

Ancient Egyptians only believed in external lights both physical and spiritual....Inner light/lights is a metaphor used by other religions and cultures

28. Deborah

For me, inner light is the doorway to other dimensions, OBE'S, clairvoyance, visions and past lives. It's not a belief, a culture or religion. In my experience, Ancient Egypt taught priests how to become the Light and use it. Vibration is key.

I honor your beliefs and experiences John. Namaste.

29. SeaAndSky

God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  30. John Tat

Thanks Deborah... It's interesting in the interpretations. For you its the inner light... for me what you talked about is a part of the guiding light of the gods.. Both results are the same.. Its a light taking/guiding us to other places.. I have some memories of both spiritual and ritual events connected to the light.. As I have said I have no understandings about the physical entities my spiritual self was occupying during these times.. I have one memory which may be what you talked about " how to become the light." .. If it is... then the term you use is not exactly right...Some must have been lost over time and translation. Its far to sacred to share......

Regards