Inner Light - The Sun God(s) - & Religion

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SeaAndSky, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, it's a lot of work to live in the light. At the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way ... now that I see the benefits. I'm not sure I would have chosen this path on purpose due to all the painful side effects and the loss of (false) security, but the result continues to become more worth it and valuable than anything I could have dreamed of before. It's a thin rope of sanity across the chasm of old beliefs that once seemed to keep us safe before becoming destructive and confining, but the other side is inviting and full of opportunity.

I was talking to a friend about the process once, and he said he'd never voluntarily go through what I went through. He was amazed I made the choices I made, given the consequences. I told him he does the same in different areas of life at different times. When the pain of remaining stuck is greater than the pain of transformation, most of us choose to change eventually. Not seeing the cobwebs used to mean there weren't any. Heh... I'd rather know...

SeaAndSky likes this.
  2. Mere Dreamer

S&S it gives a whole new meaning to the mental image of the curtain hiding the holy of holies of the temple being torn open, doesn't it? I sometimes wonder which direction the light flowed... Sometimes what we think of as holy isn't...

SeaAndSky likes this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

I have no doubt that for you the "light in all of its forms has only ever had one source... the only true gods.." the sun gods. The "sun gods" are your particular window opening onto and allowing the light to enter (or as Mere would have it, the tears in the dark curtain that allow the light to enter). I likewise believe that for myself and others the same light enters by different windows. The windows/tears may be different in size, clarity, etc., and may color, limit, attenuate, or distort the light they allow in, but the light itself is beyond and exists in purity independent of these issues. You are mistaking the windows for the Light and the Light's Source. Like you, "I find and feel no need to defend the truth" in these matters.

Perhaps in this instance you should not rely on either your spiritual self or your source, both of whom have only known the Light as it comes through the "sun gods". Instead, why don't you meditate on the Light itself, seeking to follow it to its ultimate source. It is ultimately a purer and better teacher and fount of wisdom than either your spiritual self or your source. Besides, assuming arguendo that you are correct and the sun gods are the ultimate Source of the Light, shouldn't you be seeking their "divine" inspiration and guidance directly through communion with them through the Light rather than always just relying on what you can get from lesser beings such as your spiritual self or source? You seem to be, so-to-speak, putting the cart before the horse.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

It has been noted by some of the most important figures in metaphysics and paranormal phenomenon, that the light experienced by NDE's does not behave like the light studied by physicists. Arthur Zanjoc notes in his book Catching the Light - the Intertwined History of Light and Mind, that, "The light within is of a different order than the objects found without:...this inner light seems to be omnipresent and eternal, exiting outside of time and space."

John Mack's book, Passport to the Cosmos is filled with stories of the Blue Light and one woman (Karin) says,

"This huge Light lives inside of me. It doesn't ever leave my body. It resonates in every fiber of every cell. It's always there. Do you know what telepathy is? People say it's the ability to hear somebody's thoughts, like you can hear inside their head.

But that's not what telepathy is. It's resonation...This light sends out this blue energy, this blue emotion, this blue connection to the universe. I'm connected to it....if you can imagine a blue beam coming from the depths of the universe. It's all around us. It's inside us. It's everything."

In the book The Isaiah Effect, by Gregg Braden, I found interesting reflections regarding Light. Braden states:

β€œIn an ever changing view of creation, many scientists now believe that all we know as our world is ultimately made of the same substance, tiny packets of light (quanta) vibrating at different speeds. Some light vibrates so slowly that it appears as rocks and minerals.

Other forms of light vibrate more rapidly to appear as the living material of plants animals, and people, while even faster vibrations make up our television and radio signals. Ultimately, each may be reduced to the quality of vibrating light.” (pg 99)
    I think the study of Light in the future - will prove to be the way to our understanding more fully - who we are. For me, the Light I experience within - means I already AM the Light. It's just a matter of becoming more aware and open. For me - it isn't "out there."

Going out on a limb here....in my experience; The ancient Egyptians with the help of Light Beings trained very hard to develop and expand their inner light. Even going so far as to merge with them. Raising the consciousness of one, led to the raising of another.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

With no knowledge other than what has been passed onto me the following is my understanding of this quote.. Replace the words Light Beings with the words Sun Gods.. The light Deborah is talking about here is the most important light of all.. The pure white light of the gods 'Raising the consciousness of one, let to raising of another" is the progression of same spiritual entity.. In this situation the true purpose of the light of the sun gods is all about endings and new beginnings... The goings and comings and what they are and mean. which I have talked about
    The pure white light of endings and new beginnings was well known about by the priests of Ancient Egypt
    It is very complicated but I will do my best to explain the basics.. The pure white light of the sun gods the light of endings and new beginnings is there at the birth of the physical entity....It is there at the death of the physical entity... it is also there at the very moment reincarnation happens.. It is the guiding light of the gods with very powerful spiritual ramifications. That's the best I can do to explain a very complicated situation
    Deborah connected the inner light to this.. I'm not aware of any inner light.. When I meditate to see the light I can see at different times the light of the sun and the moon and a rainbow of colours but no inner light.. I have mediated many times about the inner light with no proper answers. That usually means what I have asked about has no real relevance . It may not apply here but normally it does

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. Deborah

Spirit once told me - everything is done in reflection. Inner light is a reflection of the Light Beings - Sun God's, Omnipresence.

7. John Tat

Ancient Egyptians only believed in external lights both physical and spiritual....Inner light/lights is a metaphor used by other religions and cultures

8. Deborah

For me, inner light is the doorway to other dimensions, OBE'S, clairvoyance, visions and past lives. It's not a belief, a culture or religion. In my experience, Ancient Egypt taught priests how to become the Light and use it. Vibration is key.

I honor your beliefs and experiences John. Namaste.

9. SeaAndSky

God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  10. John Tat

Thanks Deborah... It's interesting in the interpretations. For you its the inner light... for me what you talked about is a part of the guiding light of the gods.. Both results are the same.. Its a light taking/guiding us to other places.. I have some memories of both spiritual and ritual events connected to the light.. As I have said I have no understandings about the physical entities my spiritual self was occupying during these times.. I have one memory which may be what you talked about " how to become the light." .. If it is... then the term you use is not exactly right...Some must have been lost over time and translation. Its far to sacred to share......

Regards

11. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

SeaAndSky likes this.
  12. SeaAndSky

Hi Blueheart,

Great story! Zoshchenko definitely hit the nail on the head.

S&S

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  13. Mere Dreamer

So true. And oh, the torment of trying to keep the light and share space with someone who doesn't want it.... One reason I love this forum is because there are so many of us who prefer to improve things instead of avoiding light.

14. SeaAndSky

Hi Mere,

Your comment re trying to share space with someone who does not want the light reminds me of another bit of language to quote: "everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

I can't say that I always fall in the second group and not the first. It is definitely a struggle sometimes. But it does sound like you have had experience with someone who was bound and determined to remain in the first group in some important ways that harmed you greatly.

Cordially,
    S&S

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  15. John Tat

Deborah talked about the light being the doorway to other dimensions.. As I have said I do have some memories of some ritual and spiritual events .... I do not like talking about them for reasons I have explained before....One memory I have of the light which may be related to what Deborah said is....
    I'm in a not well lite room which I would assume was a room in a temple....all of the walls have images of the gods on them and there was a statue in front of some form of I think an alter.. It was either Horus or Anubis I'm not sure.. I think there were other statues of the gods there but this was the only one in front of the alter..I turn and face my god.. I stood there waiting for my god to communicate to me.
    When the sun must have been at its apex the pure white light of the gods shone down through an opening and shone upon my god... the pure white light of the gods reflected of the statue of my god and through his prism of spiritually the pure whit light of the gods turned into a rainbow of colors which was directed at me and I was standing there engulfed by the lights of the gods.. I have taken some time to respond to what Deborah said about the light being a doorway to different dimensions because I wanted to meditate and try and find if this event of mine has a connection to what she talked about.. What I got was.... this rainbow of lights took me to the dimension of the gods.. I was standing there within the light of the gods with my gods....

16. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

It's been a while, but this did not go unnoticed. This was obviously a very profound and perhaps very personal experience for you. I hope you can let us know more sometime. Also, I wonder why you have not sought this again now that you are finding your way back to the relationship you had before. Is it impossible to duplicate this outside of the temple, or ???

Cordially,
    S&S