• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Interesting

Rono

Hello Everyone; I was browsing through numerous forums just to see if anything got my attention; and sure enough this one did. After reading some posts and their comments, I am now tempted to post a little of what I know, concerning a past life lived. I have discovered 2 previous lives, but will tell this one only. But before I do I must confess that I have documented many of my life experiences, something to leave behind for my grandchildren and so on when my end comes. Just so they have a better understanding of who I was and what attempts were made for bettering myself forward, and the grace given for it. I hope that makes sense? This story is taken straight out of my USB, so there is no alterations to it.

I titled it - A PREVIOUS LIFE

I don’t know what your beliefs are on reincarnation but for myself, I have always wondered if my migraines were either hereditary or carried over from a previous life. I say previous life because not only do I believe in reincarnation but have experienced it on two separate occasions.

The reason for my thoughts on this was brought about after an experience I had back in 2002. It began one night as I sat in meditation; my inner vision opened in seeing a soft brown skin man with shaven head who looked to be a monk. He was dressed in a yellow robe and sitting in a lotus position. As my vision scanned around I could see that he was sitting on a steep hill which was vastly covered in little yellow flowers. It was truly a beautiful sight to behold.

At first I thought this monk was making contact from the spirit realm, but then I realised this was not the case but something much more profound. As I became the watcher, or rather the “witness” to this unravelling drama taking place, I lost all consciousness and became totally absorbed in it.

Truly I do not know how long I sat in this state. I watched this monk closely and seemed to feel a kinship with him. He had his eyes closed and I could tell he was in a deep meditative state. His head was slightly tilted forward and I could even see the glint of sunlight reflecting off his smooth brown face and head. His yellow robe covered his entire body including his feet, leaving only his head to be bathed in sunlight. As my vision scanned the landscape from where he sat, all about was nothing but little yellow flowers spread out everywhere in all directions for miles.
Only by looking hard would a little green be seen by the covering of flowers. The beauty of this scene put me so at ease I was lost in it.

Here I could remain forever in this perfect state of tranquillity. It was as if my consciousness was floating just above this landscape where it drifted with no effort or strain on its own accord. Then all at once and without warning I became aware of a grave concern, or better still, a concern that came to me from the consciousness of the monk. It seemed my consciousness was connected to his consciousness somehow.

In great haste the monk raised himself to his feet and ran some distance to where he came to a large wooden double door. This door was huge and very old, it was dark in colour and in some places it was near black, in fact it looked to be part petrified from age. I never saw what he entered but presumed it to be a temple of some sort, because as my vision followed him inside he fell to his knees before a great gold statue of Buddha. There he clasped his hands together as if in prayer with head bowed. Then within a few moments he raised himself high up on his knees, clasped his hands in front of his chest, and focused his vision on the Buddha.

As soon as the monk did this a huge Mongolian man entered and stood directly behind the kneeling monk. He was clad from head to foot in fur clothing, and had a snarl expression on his bearded face. Then I saw the eyes of the monk widen as if in fright of what was to come. The huge Mongolian man very slowly raised a double headed axe as if trying hard to cause great fear to rise within the monk.

The monk never wavered, he held on tightly to the vision of Buddha, then swiftly the axe came down upon the head of the poor monk. Just before the axe hit I was jolted out of this experience. I could not shake the feeling that this monk was me in another life. When I saw the monk sitting in meditation my first thoughts were, Tibet.

The huge man who took the life of the monk I thought was Chinese, but with some investigation I discovered that long ago Tibet was invaded by the Mongolians. As for my migraines, I had them all my life. Now here is where it gets strange; ever since this experience I have never had another migraine, which now makes me wonder if my headaches were the cause of not hereditary, but due to what happened in a previous life.

And here is another thought, while working on the railway lines back in the early eighties, I was standing on a slight hill looking down talking to the foreman and three co-workers when all of a sudden there was a loud clap of thunder. Those I was looking down at all together put their hands over their heads and bent down fast as if to avoid something.

Then that something hit the top of my head (on the crown area) hard and with great force causing my legs to buckle from the impact, but then I was ok. The foreman and workers could not stop talking about the lightning they all saw come down and strike the top of my head. It was only until the next day around 10:00am that I had to go home due to an enormous headache, concussion I guess.

This is my short story and I hope you enjoyed it; and by the way, meditation is a wonderful way of life when practiced sincerely. Better health, peace of mind and, an awareness of other realms are the rewards that bring us face to face with higher beings who are able to give us helpful advice. And yet it doesn't end there, there is so much more just waiting?

Hello Rono, and welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your memory. Wow... a lightning hit! You are a fortunate soul. Do you see any correlation in it to the past monk life? Yes, meditation practice is certainly a wonderful means of living life; it allows for a peaceful and more mindful existence, it enhances one's well-being, and it certainly opens the doorway of spirituality. I'm another firm believer/practitioner. Again, welcome, I look forward to more of your thoughts and perspectives on reincarnation, meditation, and Buddhism. Blessings! ~Tman

Hello Rono, and welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your memory. Wow... a lightning hit! You are a fortunate soul. Do you see any correlation in it to the past monk life? Yes, meditation practice is certainly a wonderful means of living life; it allows for a peaceful and more mindful existence, it enhances one's well-being, and it certainly opens the doorway of spirituality. I'm another firm believer/practitioner. Again, welcome, I look forward to more of your thoughts and perspectives on reincarnation, meditation, and Buddhism. Blessings! ~Tman

Thanks for the welcome Tinkerman;

I'm usually the one to be the "Walmart greeter", but Tman responded before I got on line today. I would like to add my Welcome to his, and a thanks for your post. Your head-trauma seems to be more than mine in our existences!

I'm usually the one to be the "Walmart greeter", but Tman responded before I got on line today. I would like to add my Welcome to his, and a thanks for your post. Your head-trauma seems to be more than mine in our existences!
Hi and thanks also KenJ, I enjoy reading some of the posts and I enjoy some of the replies;
Just for the record I did mention this hit in the head with a bolt of lightning to a doctor (general practitioner) a couple of weeks ago, and he said repeatedly; impossible, because if a lightning bolt hit you it would have to make an exit also by blowing off your foot or some other part. I told him yes I agree. But if I never had the four witnesses who all screamed out together that they saw it hit me, I would have disregarded it altogether.

Last edited:
Not to dwell on this one aspect of your post, but I've read where mountain-climbers got struck by lightning frequently and survive. Probable just smaller amperage than needed to do more than charge your batteries!

Not to dwell on this one aspect of your post, but I've read where mountain-climbers got struck by lightning frequently and survive. Probable just smaller amperage than needed to do more than charge your batteries!
It may depend also on clothing as well as footwear, if some of the current can travel via this surface route, rather than entirely through the body, it could make a difference. Indeed some people seem to have survived being hit by lightning on more than one occasion.

Rono, do you have any interest or inklings in Buddhism in this life. Are the experiences as a monk in that life (other than the frightful death) influencing you today? ~Tman

Rono, do you have any interest or inklings in Buddhism in this life. Are the experiences as a monk in that life (other than the frightful death) influencing you today? ~Tman
Hello Tinkerman;
Not to disclose to much as I may be looked upon as a ?, well, I wont say to much anyhow. But will say that I am a reverend (minister) and I am an independent one at that, meaning, I see God in all religions and faiths of the world and NOT being superior in any one religion as some loudly and boldly declare. I have conducted weddings in all Christian denominations as well Buddhism rituals and traditions, and have performed services to non-believers (atheists). So you see, there is no one set religion or faith to me that holds me to it, I accept all and I see and experience many things. Wonderful things.

Back