Intermission Period Experiences/Spiritual Pre-existence (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Titus Rivas, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Titus Rivas

Titus Rivas Senior Registered

Dear Carol,

In my own investigations I have encountered several prebirth memories and memories of an intermission period between incarnations.

The main ones thusfar:

- A Dutch girl recalled that after having suffocated in a fire in her previous life she met a woman dressed in white who showed her several possible future parents. She chose a young lady with blond hair working as a typist. The woman or "angel" told her that in that case she would have to wait for some time before she could be reborn.

- Another girl had extensive memories of intermission periods, which included paranormal knowledge when she was a toddler of relevant (possibly symbolic) names of places in the afterlife, etc. Her mother had several dreams which prepared her for the coming of this girl, one of which included a scene in which the daughter was interrogated by a team of entities about her choice of being reborn with these parents.

- Yet another Dutch child, a boy of seven who had been remembering a previous life as soon as he could talk, recalled having been received by angels after his death, who allowed him to rest for a long time but then gently forced him to "get to work again" by being reborn.

Several people have mentioned comparable, though less extensive experiences to me.

If anyone has collected similar experiences, please contact me at titusrivas@hotmail.com. I would like to exchange experiences and views.

Best wishes,

Titus Rivas
    Athanasia Foundation
    The Netherlands
    titusrivas@hotmail.com

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Titus,

I would be very interested in hearing more about your research. Your website looked very interesting! Could you tell me more about your studies regarding the memories of children in an intermediate state or intermission period (MIPS)? Do you regress children? Or are they only spontaneously talking about this "in-between state of awareness"?

The story of Shai is fascinating.

Are you writing a book about your research? I wasn't clear on that from the site.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

The soul's Center...is God.

3. Titus Rivas

Dear Deborah,

Thanks for your nice reply!

The kind of research I´m doing in this field boils down to the study of spontaneous experiences. Comparable to Carol´s work and for that matter to the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson.

I have published a book in Dutch about reincarnation research in general and my own work in particular, Parapsychologisch Onderzoek naar Reincarnatie en Leven na de Dood (Deventer: Ankh-Hermes, 2000). Shai´s story is also in this book, i.e. a summary of the case. I would appreciate it if someone would one day translate the book into English.

I have also prepared a manuscript in English written by Dr. Kirti Swaroop Rawat and myself, "Reincarnation: How strong is the scientific evidence?". It still needs some editing and then we will it present it to a publisher.

A next book I´m planning to write will concern new Dutch Cases of the Reincarnation Type and it will certainly look at memories of an intermission period and announcing dreams.

Best wishes,

Titus Rivas

4. barbara

barbara Senior Registered

dear titus, this may have already been mentioned in research or other places, but not too long ago I saw a segment on Unsolved Mysteries exploring the genious of a small child prodigy.

He told his mother when he was 2 or 3 years of age that he chose her to be his mother when he "looked through a hole in heaven" and saw her and knew he wanted her to be his mother because she would be able to help him do the things he had to do. I like the idea of "holes" in heaven.

love, barbara

5. Titus Rivas

Dear Barbara,

Last Sunday I had a conversation with a mother from Enschede, The Netherlands. She told me her eldest son had claimed he had chosen her and his father as parents before he came them. He had seen "traffic signs on the clouds" with their names on them, from which he had to make a choice.

Titus

6. Titus Rivas

This Christmas, a Dutch lady called Anne-Marie told me the following about her intermission period memories:

"I did not want to be born, I was panic-stricken. A friendly old man with a beard softly tried to persuade me that I should go to earth. He promised me I would never be alone. There would always be beings to assist me. My fears were based on the images of the life I was facing. I really didn't have the courage.
    Finally, I was born anyway, very frightened, while the man was trying to reassure me. Considering my life; everything happened as seen [during the intermission period]. The promise has been kept till this very day."

Titus Rivas

7. Yong

Yong Guest

Titus, did you ask her if she was born despite choosing not to? If not, would you ask her? It's not clear from the quote "I was born anyway" whether it was her choice or something (or someone) forced her to.

I don't know if reincarnation hypothesis is true, but it certainly begs so many questions. One of the questions that puzzles me the most is the purpose of it all. Two possible answers I've considered are 1) for learning, and 2) for enjoyment. But (1) begs the further question, "For what?" Is there some sort of test? Is learning supposed to help us enjoy afterlife more? Is it supposed to lead to something else that is good in itself? Because I don't see learning as something good in itself but merely a kind of tool that might be useful if you had some other purpose. Learning how to ride a bicycle is useful if you want to ride one, but otherwise there's no point to it. Unless it's for the enjoyment which leads us to (2). So maybe think of the earthly life as a kind of game or adventure. But in the case you talked about, it doesn't seem as if she liked the life she was facing at all. It didn't seem like she chose to be born for enjoyment (if she chose to be born at all). Which then begs the question, Why?

Also if your life is determined in advance (if you could see exactly how your life would unfold before being born), I don't see the purpose in actually taking that life. That's like an actor who sees the script and knows how it's supposed to go and deciding to go with it anyway. Any "review" that you might have after the end of that life would be pointless in terms of reviewing your life choices because all that was already decided before you even chose to be born. So if you chose the life of a murderer, for example, it can't be your fault, it wouldn't make any sense to feel shame after living that life any more than it makes sense for an actor to feel shame about playing a murderer in a movie. If there's anything to be gained, it can only be in terms of the experiences themselves. Did you learn courage as a result of living that life? Did you learn generosity? Etc. But why? Is courage, for example, something useful in the afterlife?

Yea, I'm not expecting you to have an answer for any of this, I'm just thinking out loud (can't help it coming from a philosophy background).

In another of your example, you mention someone who's born "to get back to work." I wonder what exactly is meant by that. Would you pursue it? Is there some structure in the afterlife such that each soul is obligated to do some "work" some of which include being born on this planet from time to time?

8. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

9. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Yong,

Welcome to the forum!

You are so right, if your life is predestined, then there would be no point in reincarnation. We would all simply be clones of this all mighty energy who decides what kind of life we live, how, to whom....

The truth is that we, as souls, have free will and that there is no predistination or predetermination at all to our lives not even by us, who create our reality. I think we can create possibilities to learn what our soul need to learn, but we always have choices as to that path or another.

I don't know if this answers any of your questions on predistination or not, but just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Susie

------------------
    Free will allows me to choose my path, but my Higher Power lights the way....

10. Tamera

Tamera Senior Registered

Yong,
    What I believe is that we set the "script" for our own life "movie", if you will, but as any actor or director knows, the success of the movie is really determined by how well the actor plays his/her part.

You may set up your life before you get here, and have all of the actors and props in place, but then when you get here you "forget" the script and have to adlib as you go. It is the utimate test of improvisation!

We do, on a higher level, "know" how it is supposed to go, but we, as the main characters, have the ability to change the story line. We will, I believe, ultimately attain our main goal in this life, but we may take detours along the way. Which is what makes life so interesting for those of us who choose to come here. If everything was SET IN STONE, so to speak, life would get pretty boring, don't you think?

Also, I think that explains the reason for the review afterward. Because we forget the script and hence have the ability to change it, we must then review it to make sure we eventually attained our goal and also, I think, to see where we can improve next time.

Or maybe we touched on something in this life that we would like to explore further in our next life but it didn't fit into our current theme, so during our review we can learn ways to develop it.

This is just my personal theory. I hope it helps you.

Titus,
    Please, do share more about your experiences with people and their lives IN BETWEEN lives. This is a subject that has facinated me, because most people experience similar things! I have used hynotherapy on a few people (very much a fledgling at this mind you) and I can never get them to stay in that in between stage long enough to really explore it! Of course, I have only done this as a novelty thing with a few people. But I would be curious to learn what your experiences are. Thanks for the interesting topic!

Tammy

------------------
    Seeking Truth
    Gaining Knowledge

11. Yong

Yong Guest

Hi Susie, Tammy ... Thanks for the welcome.

Susie, I don't know if predestination would make reincarnation pointless. Have you seen Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Total Recall"? Think of reincarnation like that machine his character uses for "vacation" except that you decide in advance every last detail of what you'd experience. It's such a good machine that you don't even have to lose a sense of "free will." Maybe the machine can do a psychological analysis on you and somehow figure out exactly what choices you'd make if you were to make them on your own without any outside pressure. And together with this info, it adjusts the situations, accidents, and such so that you'd make just such and such choices, just as you decided before going into that machine.

The point I was making is that the point of reincarnation can't be about figuring out what choices you'd make if you were to take that life. This is the case if predestination is true because you'd already know that before even taking that life. (No need to figure out the answers if you already know.) But it may still be useful, even valuable. Even if you know exactly what life you'd lead, it may be the most exciting life possible and you might take it just for the sake of enjoyment. After all, when you are born, you don't REMEMBER what you planned or how it's going to go. As far as you know it's fresh, it's new, you're making decisions as if for the first time. And it's exciting! (Well, if you planned it well.) Tammy, I think this goes to something you said. Even if everything was set in stone, I don't think life would thereby become boring. In fact, I don't think the issue of predestination has anything to do with how exciting the life would be because you won't remember any of the planning (whether predestined or not). That just depends on the life you planned. If you set in stone a very dull life, then it'd be very dull. But if you planned a very exciting life, then it'd be very exciting.

As for improvization, I think a proponent of predestination could say that "forgetting" IS part of the script. You're SUPPOSED to forget and act as if you're making the decisions for the first time. It's just that you've known all along (maybe because in the afterlife you know yourself very well and exactly what you'd choose given certain body, memory, genes, environment, and desires) such that it's possible to create the environment and circumstances to tailor an exact script and set of experiences you'd go through. Or at least, if not you, then God would know you well enough to tailor the new life in that way. So when you think you're adlibbing, you're really just following the script exactly as it was presented in the in-between state. Free will vs. determinism is a very old debate in philosophy and even though whether free will is compatible with determinism or complete foreknowledge is still debatable, certainly the ILLUSION of free will is compatible with both. And this is all one needs for predestination.

But even though I see no conceptual difficulty with predestination, I can't accept it as an empirical hypothesis. My life so far has been bad enough (at least I've made enough irrational choices in my life) that I can't take seriously the idea that I actually PLANNED all this on purpose before I was born and actually decided to go through with it. If I did, I'd like to go back in time (and life) and kick his you-know-what to put some sense into him.

The only reason I might've agreed to such a life is if somehow the rest of my life would turn out so unbelievably well that I'd accept the bad parts for the sake of living the second half (the good parts). But that'll have to be some truly amazing second-half, I tell you, a truly amazing "comeback" so to speak. Though, actually, all these fortune cookies have been predicting exactly that . . . ah nevermind, you'd just laugh if I told you . . .

Anyway, I can think of many examples of sad, tortured, lonely lives (not to mention violent deaths and struggles) that no one in their right mind would actually CHOOSE to take such a life. If reincarnation hypothesis is true, I can only conclude that something must've gone wrong in the execution of the plan, that even though you planned something you wanted, something went wrong. But then predestination would have to be false. So in the end I think I'm in agreement with you guys regarding predestination.

But I'm not positive. Something still nags at me. Maybe even very tortured lives are worth taking if the lessons you'd learn as a result are truly valuable. And maybe these lessons you can't really learn by just "watching the movie." Maybe you have to actually LIVE it, actually FEEL the emotions and pain first-hand. Because of this possibility, I can't rule predestination out.

But I wonder what lessons could be so valuable as to warrant such things, and what the purpose of learning is anyway. If there's some higher purpose, I can understand. For example, say that the earthly life is really a training-ground or school for souls who aspire to be responsible gods or creators. You go through this training by learning all that life has to teach you so you won't, when you graduate and go about creating a universe of your own, become a vindictive, childish God like that of the fundamentalist Christians who tortures people for eternity for merely not believing in him. Talk about pure speculation, hehe. But then, what would be the purpose of being a god? Is it a better way to enjoy oneself? Is it ultimately about enjoyment? I do think enjoyment is something good in itself (that requires no further justification), so that'd do. But this is a sort of view I've never heard from people who profess to believe in reincarnation. It's always something that sounds pretentious to me. Like "perfection." Or "evolution." Or "uniting with God." None of which is good in itself. (If uniting with God is a very painful experience, I'd say that's a bad thing.) Oops, I think my philosophical hedonism is beginning to show . . . I didn't mean to let that slip . . .

12. angel4ever

angel4ever New Member

Welcome to the forum. I was wondering: Do some people have dreams about this? About five months, ago I had a dream where I was in this weird place. It was mostly white. There were two "pools" full of water.(At least, they looked like pools.) I also saw a bunch of people dressed in white. I couldn't tell if they were male, or female and they were all the same height. At first, I thought it was just a dream. After thinking about it for awhile, I thought maybe, it was an astral plane. The same place you go between lives, or something like that. And those people in white, they were probably spirits. Could this be a memory from before I was born?

13. Titus Rivas

Dear Yong,

Thanks for your comments!

I did ask Anne-Marie if she was forced or not. It seems it rather was some kind of "persuasion" which may be comparable to what people who have experienced a Near-Death Experience sometimes tell us. They'd really prefer staying in the wonderful reality they find themselves over going back to earth.

Then, you touch on the subject of the purpose of reincarnation. One of the reasons I can imagine is that physical reality makes it harder to escape from especially the harder insights about ourselves and others by withdrawing from them than into a private world. You talk about enjoyment, well, I believe that the more we develop ourselves the greater becomes our capacity of enjoying ourselves. Besides, what about loving others too? Physical reality may be very suitable for heightening our awareness of ourselves and others. At least, that is a theory I personally hold.

Titus Rivas

14. Titus Rivas

Dear Susie,

Thanks for your links, especially the second one is very interesting!

Dear Tammy,

Thanks for showing so much interest in this topic.

Dear angel4ever,

Yes, I do think this could be a memory of an intermission period.

To share something with you in this respect. When I was a teenager I dreamed I visited a temple which was dedicated to a female divinity, presumably a "Goddess of Wisdom" or something. There were a man and woman in priestly robes who welcomed me and as it were reminded me of the fact that I somehow belonged to their "cult" or "community" and that I had a (presumably intellectual or scholarly) "mission" to accomplish in this life. I was told I should not forget it. It really felt like a reminder.

Titus Rivas

15. Titus Rivas

Very recently I got several messages from another lady from Enschede, The Netherlands. Let me quote from what she has sent me:

"First of all my birth story:
    I did not want to be born, I was very scared. A friendly bearded old man convinced me that I really should go to earth. He promised me that I would never be alone. I would always have assistants. My fears were based on the images of the life ahead."

"I was born filled with fear, while that man was talking to me and trying to reassure me. As for my life: everything occurred as I had seen. The promiss he made was kept until this very day."

"One of the things I have seen was how my father tried to strangle me. I was going to be beaten too. It was as if was allowed to have a preview of the life ahead. That explains why I was so frightened."

Anne-Marie also told me that she had to undergo the terrible experiences in her present life because they were meant as some kind of "penance" for something she had done in her past.

If she accepted this life she would not have to be born again into a similar terrible situation. She had to be born anyway. She was given the choice of being born into a more harmonious family, but that would mean yet another (presumably harder) incarnation after this one.

Also, after the record had been set straight so to speak, she was given the choice between staying alive or dying. If she chose the first possibility, life would become a lot more bearable.

She has also told me that she's always had these memories of an intermission period; i.e. from the very beginning of this life. Her eldest sister told her she used to talk about it too, but that nobody paid any attention to her story.

I have no particular valid reason to seriously doubt this remarkable account.

Titus Rivas

16. Yong

Yong Guest

Hmmm . . . penance . . . then my next life better be really good cuz I think I've done enough "penance" for several lifetimes . . . Maybe I was Hitler in my previous life or something . . .

17. Titus Rivas

Dear Yong,

I agree with you that the penance-hypothesis does not seem very attractive. But then again, we do NOT need to conclude from cases wherein bad experiences would boil down to a result of "bad karma" based in a person's own actions, that suffering here on earth would NORMALLY be based on it. Meaning that like Job's friends in the Bible we would be able to infer from a person's misfortune that he or she must have done something terrible in the past.
    Alternative theories for cases which aren't based on retribution might be, for instance,
    that we can sometimes learn new things from certain unpleasant experiences, or that we need them to get stronger or that we are tested to see if we are prepared for some important task (the common theme of testing initiation rites), etc.

There is an alternative, namely that the "penance" is based on some people's own psychological need of paying for immoral deeds. Do you know the movie The Mission with Robert de Niro? It might be compared to the process the Spaniard he portrays undergoes.

So we have two possible models for cases in which there really seems to be a link between evil actions in the past and suffering in the present:

- The classical Karma-theory, tit for tat on a very strict, ruthless basis.
    - A psychological theory based on the reported self-judgement that takes place in many BDEs. We sometimes can't avoid the consequences of our evaluation or ourselves and in such cases it could in theory be "therapeutical" to undergo some kinds of suffering. Although there are better ways I would say, such as a doing a lot of good deeds.

If I'm not mistaken Shai, one of the persons with memories of previous lives I have studied, told her mother as a young child that in some cases souls who collaborated with the nazis would have to undergo being born during a miscarriage. That certainly sounds grim and it can hardly be ascribed to fantasy on Shai's part I'm afraid. But even in such cases it could be a matter of karmic necessity but also of acting out the guilt certain people experience inside.

Titus Rivas

18. Titus Rivas

Oops, in my former message I used the abbreviation BDE! I'm very used to it, that's why. It is the Dutch variant of NDE, Near-Death Experiences, namely Bijna-Dood Ervaringen.

Sorry for any possible confusion!

Titus

19. angel4ever

angel4ever New Member

I just read your link about Shai and thought it was interesting. I also think I lived during the Holocaust, but I don't think that's when I died. My guess is that I was born in the 20's, or 30's and lived as a Non- Jew during the Holocaust. Then, I died somewhere around the 60's or 70's. I read that if you are interested in a certain time, you probably lived there in a past life. I have been interested in the Holocaust,60's and 70's.

------------------
    angel4ever

20. Titus Rivas

Maybe sometimes it can be true that someone has lived in all the periods he or she feels attracted to, but not in all cases. For example there are historians who are simultaneously interested in exactly the same period of time in two different cultures, which are isolated from each other...

Thanks for your response!

Titus Rivas

21. Dimo

Dimo Senior Registered

Hi all

I must say that this topic is really great. What if a soul refuses to incarnate to earth or elsewhere? Are they send down anyway with force, or can they stay in "heaven" without being bothered with this issue again?
    Personally, I don´t have the slightest intention of coming back after my present life. Especially not if it would force me to once again meet and confront all the stupid, mean, false idiots. That I´ve had the misfortune to meet so far in my life
    (Frankly it´s my hope that I ´ll never have to meet these people again in this world or in the beyond). I won´t do it again even if the nice people in my life comes with it.

Yours sincerely, Dimo

22. Titus Rivas

Dear Dimo,

You certainly are not the only one with such a view on earthly life. In fact there have been whole currents of thought such as Katharism, Buddhism, Rosicrucianism, etc. which see this earth as a world full of suffering. Hildegard von Bingen called it a place of exile, and St. Teresa de Jesus talked about dying of misery because she hadn't died yet.
    Similarly, many people who have had an NDE (Near-Death Experience) long for the other side, full of Light.

One of my own subjects, a Dutch boy I refer to by the pseudonym "Kees", told me that he was indeed subtly persuaded that he simply had to reincarnate, going "back to work". Perhaps incarnations into this world are sometimes so important that we are spiritually "forced" to reincarnate if we resist the process too much. People with NDEs sometimes feel forced to live here too.

However, what strikes me is that the people with memories of an intermission periods usually seem convinced that living here must be for some good.

It will probably all depend on how important it is for a particular individual to be reincarnated here.

By the way, I have met some people on earth that certainly can't be categorized into any of your categories :)!

Best wishes,

Titus Rivas

23. Yong

Yong Guest

The following is pure speculation (my specialty)

The idea of God as the old philosophers understood it (omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent) always struck me as rather backwards in explanatory sense. I mean, if you have no trouble assuming the existence of someone omnipotent, omniscient, etc. why are you concerned with explaining the universe in the first place? That, to me, is like assuming everything in order to explain some little thing. And it seemed more likely that a conscious being would start at a vast imperfect state (in the beginning or in the earlier times) then evolve to better and better states. This is not to say, however, that there is no "big guy" in the sense of a very evolved conscious being. Maybe enough evolution has occurred that such a evolved consciousness exists today that might even deserve the label "God" in some sense.

If this evolutionary picture of consciousness is true, then even "God" might be learning and evolving every day and the physical universe might be a way to help with this evolution. I think, in a sense, we might all be "in this together" (including "God") with no definite or ultimate purpose yet. So, then, the history of earth or the physical universe is not some preplanned school but rather an on-going experiment to evolve further. Certain major events may be designed because "we" may have some intelligent guesses as to how to reach the next step in evolution, but it's an open-experiment whose ultimate outcome is yet unknown and perhaps that's part of the excitement. If so, this explains the "work to be done" from reincarnation and why it may be very important for reincarnation to occur even when certain spirits do not want to reincarnate. This is because earth is not some "fixed" school teaching certain same lessons over and over again, but rather an open and ever-changing environment capable of teaching new things as it evolves. So while there may be reasons for souls to reincarnate for individual reasons (personal lessons to learn), there may be some collective reasons that affect every soul because of the changes to the school (earth) that affect every soul who will attend in the future. Think of earth like a university. Call it 'Harvard' of the planets (if earth, indeed, is a very important, "prestigious" school). It has the curriculum it has today because of its current conditions. But the changes it goes through will mean changes in the curriculum.

This may seem weird because it earth seems rather backward technologically and epistemologically. I mean, they must have much better knowledge in the afterlife and there must be other planets and intelligences with better technology. But even so, it may be very advanced in other ways. Art, for example, might be one thing in which earth has it better than any other planet. If other species lacked emotions, their art might be very lacking in certain ways. So it may be that the art produced on earth is really "state of the art" as far as the whole universe is concerned. If so, artistic experiences and achievements not only serve individual purposes of learning but may also affect the whole community of spirits. So the achievements of Beethoven, for example, MATTER beyond his personal lessons.

For all we know, earth may be the best school in the universe for producing great art. If so, the future of earth and the changes it might go through may be very important not only to earthlings but to the whole community of spirits. This may entail that certain souls be asked to "work" to effect the evolution of earth because it's a precious commodity to all. And this may be so even if there's no God and no definite or ultimate purpose. We know we have something good. We know it has great potential. So we don't want to mess it up.

And if some souls inadvertently "mess it up" maybe they're asked to do some dirty work for the evolution of the planet in their subsequent lives as a kind of "penance"? Just an idea.

Art, for me, is a good example of how our life here might matter to spiritual life afterwards because even if you could materialize everything you could imagine in the afterlife, you wouldn't be able to materialize art that you're not familiar with (or one that no one's familiar with). So an advancement in the arts would truly enrich every soul's lives.

24. Dimo

Dimo Senior Registered

Hi Titus

25. Dimo

Dimo Senior Registered

Hi Titus

I just want you to know that I´ve met other kathegories of people to. I only wanted to make a point as I don´t have had a particularly good life so far and it don´t seem to improve for the future either. If there´s a purpose with my existance here and now. Than I don´t have the slightest clue on what it is. As I haven´t achieved anything of importance to myself or others.
    It´s my belief that I came down to earth either to soon or late. As I´ve never felt quite comfortable in the society I live in. The notion of not belonging here never leaves me, and I´ve never met a so called soulmate that´s frequently mentioned on this forum. My own conlusion is that I was forced, maybe tricked to descend to earth this time. As I can´t imagine myself choosing to live this life knowing it to be what it is. Are there in your opinion any "cosmic" mistakes concerning the descendens of souls to earth? If so, than I wonder why and how it can happen so frequently. As I´m not the only one who has these notions of not belonging here.

Kindly Dimo

26. Titus Rivas

Dear Dimo,

>I just want you to know that I´ve met other kathegories of people to. I only wanted to make a point as I don´t have had a particularly good life so far and it don´t seem to improve for the future either.< I take that very seriously, Dimo.

>If there´s a purpose with my existance here and now. Than I don´t have the slightest clue on what it is. As I haven´t achieved anything of importance to myself or others.< Sometimes the things you accomplish are more subtle than you think. As long as you have learned certain things (in any respect) or loved yourself and others, I think that life is essentially worthwile.

>It´s my belief that I came down to earth either to soon or late. As I´ve never felt quite comfortable in the society I live in.< Can you become more specific? In fact, there are many people who feel alienated and their loneliness can be tackled to a large extent if they support each other. Maybe you need to find out what it is you don't like about society and how you could contribute to change.

>The notion of not belonging here never leaves me, and I´ve never met a so called soulmate that´s frequently mentioned on this forum. My own conlusion is that I was forced, maybe tricked to descend to earth this time.< You almost sound as Cathar or something ;-)!

>As I can´t imagine myself choosing to live this life knowing it to be what it is. Are there in your opinion any "cosmic" mistakes concerning the descendens of souls to earth?< I can hardly imagine there are.

>If so, than I wonder why and how it can happen so frequently. As I´m not the only one who has these notions of not belonging here.< Perhaps you should realize many people who have had an NDE tell us that during their experience they suddenly became aware why some things they used to see as only bad had happened. They tell us it is part of a larger plan. Have you ever thought of visiting a reincarnation therapist or reliable psychic to find out more about a possible plan behind your present life?

Take care,

Titus Rivas

27. Dimo

Dimo Senior Registered

Hi Titus

Thanks for the reply. I`ve had a regression and it showed me a life in France previous to the revolution. It also revealed a life in Russia previous to their revolution. Fragments of these lives have also occurred in my dreams. In the russian life I was an aristocrat who in despair committed suicide in the turmoil of revolution after loosing absolutely allmost everything (I wasn`t rich in that life allthough my position). I had also been betrayed by my best "friend". Which occured again in my present life. That has left a scar in my heart that´ll never heal completely. I´ve also been betrayed by others close to me.
    In the french life I had to hide during the worst excesses of the terror. Which led to isolation as I couldn´t, or wanted adapt myself to the "new order".
    I guess one could say that I´ve got a longing for the beauty of "les ancien règimes", in spite of them not being "happy" lives (I´ve allways, since my childhood, disliked, and sometimes even hated leftwing-radicals. This is probably due to these lives. At least I think so, as I´ve seen them in action twice.)
    As I´m member of a psychic circle I get messages from the other side quite frequently. But these messages have not, for the most, been enlightning concerning the direction of my life. At least not from my perspective. For some reason, unknown to me, there are people on the other side that wants me to become a teacher. The problem is that I have no interests in that direction whatsoever (I´m neither comfortable with children). I do have a problem with loving myself, and my selfesteem could improve. But even if that would change to the better I still believe that I would feel alienated in this life.
    I refuse to end this post with more whining, and I would like you to know that I´m grateful for my talents, family and friends. I sincerely hope you´ll have a nice day.

Yours, Dimo

28. Titus Rivas

Dear Dimo,

I have deliberately waited some time to let your story sink in.

The funny part about it is that I myself actually am "radical left", though very much against terrorism, more in the (largely) pacifist anarchist/libertarian-socialist tradition.
    On the other hand I have also had impressions of myself having a different face and a wig and my mentality seems to be that of an aristocrat in several respects. Just one of those instances of synchronicity I guess. I suppose that in a previous life I have been one of those aristocrats who sympathized with revolutionary ideas. To what extent have you intended to grasp the ideas behind and beneficial effects of the revolutionary movements that affected previous lives of yours?
    For instance, the French Revolution ended in much frenetic bloodshed, but it was also very important for the development of western democracies and the idea of human rights. Is there any way you could reconcile with that? Separating the good aspects from the bad ones, I mean? How can you be so sure that your psychotraumata will never heal? Isn't that too pessimistic? Who knows how many things you had lost then have already returned to you? Maybe even many of your loved ones, albeit in a different physical form.

About the feeling of alienation: that is a very common feeling I'm afraid, and I would say it is one of our primary tasks to satisfy our own needs as much as possible, by creating a life and an environment that suit us. You're talking about self-love and I think that's the main ingredient in creating the kind of life that suits you best. It's the main foundation for anything positive I would say.

More generally, we are very privileged nowadays as almost any recorded type of cultural achievements is available to anyone to an affordable price, except of course for the furniture and housing i.e. ;-)
    I mean, you can listen to music, enjoy paintings, read novels and poetry, watch realistic historical movies, go to plays of the periods you're missing, and so on. You can also visit castles or manors, etc.
    One of the blessings of this era is that in the West we can live to a large extent in an aesthetical environment that touches our heart. I'm not talking about closing yourself to new developments, but just about keeping in touch with the positive sides of your personal history. By the way, do you still speak the languages that were your mother tongues in former years?

About teaching children: Maybe you're largely uncomfortable with them, because of your low self-esteem. Children usually notice that quite easily. Meaning that it could change when you have reconciled with yourself, your past, present and indeed future.

There certainly should be more to life than meaningless suffering.

Love,

Titus Rivas

29. Dimo

Dimo Senior Registered

Hi Titus

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you to a certain extenth when you say that the revolution in France had importance for the democratical values. But I completely agree with Burke that the reforming of France (which was necessary, even in my opinion) could have been aschieved without the extremism that led to genocide. Alltogether the revolution was a moral, social and economical disaster for all who had misfortune to endure it.
    Of course I`m glad that the society have changed to the better in many aspects. What I miss with "les ancien règimes" is the beauty that now is gone with the wind (apart from "l´obcects d´arts" in museums, which I enjoy to see). I can however be quite without the opression and the corruption that existed in those days, as it regrettably exists today in many countries.
    I have to agree with you that my selfesteem could be better and I´m continually working on it.

Love and light, Dimo

30. NANSINGS

NANSINGS New Member

Dimo:

The recently discovered Bible Codes bear out that each of us has at least five (5) possible futures. Who knows, maybe we'll discover more possible future options than 5 when computers become capable of performing searches in more than just two dimensions. So, not only is there the possibility of reincarnating into many lifetimes, there is also at least 5 present known possible futures within each of those lifetimes. Amazing!
    Angellic beings have told those involved in NDEs that the souls who refuse to be born into this world consider those who do choose to be born here as "very brave spirits" who are looked on by others with the greatest of admiration.
    Pertaining to a soul's life assignments, the angels claim they "never make mistakes."
    The Bible says that the problems we experience in this life aren't even worthy to be compared to the honor/status/power/
    position that will be revealed in us in the hereafter. ALso, that, as "chips off the [Creator's] old block," we are "destined for the throne" - - to rule other worlds in the life to come, hence the need to undergo training here. In other words, you are royalty! The problem with most of us is that we just don't realize it yet, and many won't even know it until they cross over to the other side.