Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Adam, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Adam

Adam Active Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, never read anything by this Carol Bowman person, but I wanted to offer my experiences and see what parallels others can draw.

From early childhood I experienced dreams, flashbacks and memories that could not possibly have had basis in my current life.

Many are garbled experiences with details that don't add up to much, there is no way for me to provide places or times.. Others are a bit more concrete and can be placed in time.

In example, I have a strong emotional memory of living with a small family group, in a stormy coastal cliff area. My memories of that time are of following my family through the scrub and bushes that grew along the cliff edges. I dont remember how we were dressed. It could be at any point in human history. But I remember a feeling of fear and vertigo, and constant discomfort. But I remember the absolute faith I had in that familial group.

In another example, I remember being a proud French cavalry officer in the late 18th/early 19th century. I remember clearly the style of uniform I wore and the pride with which I wore it, as well as the architecture around me. I remember taking part in lots of displays and drills, but also attending social functions. I felt quite out of place at the dances and banquets, though flattered to be there.

During what seems to be the later 19th century I seem to remember being some rich, self-important toff, attending meetings in stuffy, old buildings in london. The smell of cooked meat and stale beer come to mind. I once had a powerful feeling of de-ja-vu in this current life when, as a child, I was taken by my father to central london. The victorian train stations and old stone civic buildings were a trigger.

There are others I could share, I just wanted to bring some to the table.

I have a friend in India who shares my belief that when first we met in this life, it was not the first time we had met. But that's another, longer story.

2. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum @Adam thank you for sharing your memories. Your memory of the stuffy old London club made me smile, I believe I was around London at the same time, some of the old buildings really can bring back feelings if those times :)

3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Adam,
    Welcome to the forum!

4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Adam. I was in the French Army in the late eighteenth century. I only remember events after I was captured though. Welcome to the forum.

5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum, Adam. You have some good memories there, and I'm looking forward to hearing more if you feel like sharing. Where are you from in this life? Do you speak French?

6. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Hello Adam, and welcome!

I look forward to read about your memories, and wish you a lot of pleasure sharing with the other members!

Benjamin