Is a ghost just a soul that

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by briski, Sep 6, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Member

Didnt want to go to the light, there seems to be so much confusion on if you should go to the light (its a trap) or go to the light to get reincarnated.

Which belief system is correct, one must be wrong? What do people think?

2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Ghosts are spirits and a spirit is a soul
    Some souls are earthbound because they can't move on (loved ones can't let go, can't let go of loved ones, murdered, unfinished business etc)
    Others did move on but still spend a lot of time on earth because they're spirit guides or guardian angels

Other souls have completed the cycle and won't be reincarnated

This is just the quick version from the top of my head as I've been thought by medicine (wo)men and many other spiritual healers, someone else will most likely drop in with more indept info

briski likes this.
  3. briski

briski Senior Member

4. briski

briski Senior Member

Quite interesting ^

5. briski

briski Senior Member

Im guessing after researching that a ghost coukd be a earthbound spirit that chose to not go into the light. Interestingly im researching into the gnostic belief system which suggests the light is a trap!

6. briski

briski Senior Member

I actually now dont know what to do if the light presents its self to me lol!

7. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

According to most occult sources I have read, the typical "ghost" is:

(a) a currently incarnate person having an OOBE.

(b) the astral shell/desire body of a spirit that has moved on to a higher level. The astral body apparently remains behind decaying in the astral plane like the physical corpse does in the physical; however, unlike the physical shell it is capable of some rote responses/movements. Some say there is a slightly denser "etheric" body that does something similar.

(c) an earthbound spirit. The latter is a broad category from what I have heard, ranging from the stuck/deluded/lost to the malevolent and beyond. It might even include other categories of beings (i.e., non-human spirits).

(d) "Shadows of the past"--this is just my own terminology for what appear to be echoes from the past, and may be more visionary in nature.

S&S

briski, Speedwell and fireflydancing like this.
  8. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I am absolutely sure I have ‘met’ two different spirits from the same person who is currently alive.

briski likes this.
  9. briski

briski Senior Member

In what situations can that happen?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  10. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

(b) the astral shell/desire body of a spirit that has moved on to a higher level. The astral body apparently remains behind decaying in the astral plane like the physical corpse does in the physical; however, unlike the physical shell it is capable of some roteresponses/movements. Some say there is a slightly denser "etheric" body that does something similar.

briski likes this.