Is it possible for the soul to reincarnate after the baby was born?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by hapfor, Jul 10, 2009.

1. hapfor

hapfor New Member

hello, it may not be working as this title describes, but I don't know better ways to put the question.

I just wonder when is the time that the soul, or memory, or energy was transferred to a new born baby. Some theories said that it happens as the moment the embryo was formed, others said it is the moment the baby was born.

Is there any possibility this reincarnation procedure happens after the baby was born but before her self consiousness was developed to a certain stage? In very rare cases, could a man's next life was already born before he is dead, a couple of months' gap in between?

Please share your thinkings, thank you.

2. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I have a memory of being with my twin sister in the womb at age 1 month of gestation. We felt whole.. ie even though undeveloped we were total souls with our personalities and thoughts. { I suppose because we are really spirit and that spirit remains through all of our lives.

I have found that when I think of my age I will say the age which means that those months in the womb I was aware of that time. So for instance.. I remembered being 11 years old .. had died from my previous life in 1929 and remembered dieing in 1939 ..

3. hapfor

hapfor New Member

Hi, soulfriendly,

Thank you for your input. Yeah, I think it is very reasonable to start form the womb and me too somehow feel that the feeling of being inside the womb is familiar. It is just this strange thinking popped up in my mind this morning that maybe the old soul could enter the new body at any stage before one's full consciousness developed. If so, the body remains an idling machine on autopilot mode until it is claimed by the memory, the true self. It is a funny thinking and welcome to comment!

4. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Happy day to you both.....

Edgar Cayce was questioned about this very subject.

He stated that most times a soul entered the body very near or at the birth.

In one unusual case....the soul did not enter for 2 days. When he was asked how this could be....he replied that the incoming soul could not decide if it wanted to commit to the life it would lead in that particular body. The body was kept alive by the "Spirit" while the Soul (memories etc) was makng it's decision.

It was a good question......

5. Calla Lilly

Calla Lilly New Member

When does the soul enter the body of the baby?

This is a good question and it really should be better understood. If it was maybe more people would be more careful of their actions.

My understanding of the issue has come to me from some reading, the personal experiences of people I have known, my own birth and past life regressions and some personal meditation and spiritual experiences.

The soul is intimately involved with the development of the new baby even before conception. When we are between lives there comes a time to return. The soul is aware of what it needs to learn in the next life, fences to mend with others, talents to expand upon, etc. If, for instance, there are several possible situations that a soul could be born into, it will make a choice among them. There will be others to help guide and make the choice, or at times, a soul will be told, or encouraged, to make a particular choice.

A friend of mine had a dream of a little dark haired girl who would be born to them. They felt their family was complete and weren’t planning on any more children but, sure enough, before long she was expecting. The baby was the little dark haired girl from her dream, which was odd because everyone else in the family has light brown to blonde hair. My friend dreamed of the little girl off and on during her pregnancy. I’ve heard of several other people who have had dreams of a child to come to them, before conception.

Often the soul will sort of ‘hang around’ the parents and family before conception. After conception the soul will ‘try out’ the new body, slipping in and out, even when it’s just a tiny embryo. As the baby grows bigger the soul stays in the body for longer and longer periods. I believe with newborns this sometimes continues to happen for awhile.

When my sister passed away her daughter was just a couple of weeks pregnant with her third child. In the days before the funeral the daughter began to spot and there was a danger of her losing the baby very early. I went into meditation to see if I could find any reason for her problems and when I asked, my sister came to me! She was afraid. She said that she was supposed to come back as her daughter’s child because she had issues to work out with her daughter’s daughter (my sister’s granddaughter). She didn’t want to because she didn’t like her granddaughter. I had a ‘talk’ with her—mentally. I told her that she understood reincarnation and she knew that if she didn’t go through with it this time she would only have to come back another time and do it. Then I scolded her and said “How can you do this to your daughter?” Well, we had the funeral and my niece stopped spotting. One could say that after the stress of the funeral was over she relaxed and settled down. The baby was born, a boy this time, and he had bronchial and allergy problems during his first year. I don’t know how things have gone since then as that family has become estranged. My sister died of asthma and emphysema. Her lung collapsed and in the process of trying to re-inflate it, her heart stopped.

Sorry I get so long-winded, but one thought seems to lead to another. I hope this helps explain.

6. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Hi oddzphish and welcome! I'd love to hear more about your child and his distinct personality.

My older son once told me that he could remember before he was born. He was about 8-9 at the time. He said it was dark and crowded and he didn't like it and he kicked alot. (Boy, did he EVER kick me.) Then he said that he was "fed through a twisted chain - it wrapped around my neck and choked me." :butbut::butbut: When I was in labor with him, the umbilical cord did indeed wrap around his neck tightly and the doctors had to maneuver him to get the cord from choking him. I'm absolutely sure he's never been told that by me or his dad, so what I believe is that he was conscious of all that at the time.

7. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Wow that's so interesting how he could communicate with you. I wish I'd had that experience with my kids. :) I was also overdue by a week to week and a half with both my sons. Both labors had to be induced and both were over 20 hours long. :confused:

Off topic, but nonetheless, I really admire the people who become transgenders because they have the courage and strength to be true to themselves and create their own identity no matter what anyone else may think about it.

8. dgfarnsworth

dgfarnsworth New Member

I did some research about the blinding white inner light associated with

deep spiritual enlightenment described by mystics…that the pineal gland,

where DMT converts, is the metaphysical source of this light—that it

generates the light inside our heads. Descartes thought

the pineal gland acted as an essential role in soul expression.

The soul is connected with the

entire body but only the pineal gland exerts its function more than anywhere

else. Descartes viewed the pineal as the "seat of the soul": a go-between the

spiritual and physical. That’s where the body and spirit meet affecting each

other. The primary pineal hormone, melatonin, may be found in primitive pineal

glands. In a developing human fetus, the pineal gland

becomes seeable at seven weeks (49 days) from conception…that is almost the precise moment when

there are indications of male or female gender.

Isn’t it interesting that the most significant distinction of humanity

(gender of male or female) and the pineal gland appear simultaneously? I

truly believe like Dr. Rick Strassman there is a spiritual molecule in the brain that initiates and

supports not only mystical, but other naturally occurring altered states of

consciousness. Melatonin manufactured in the pineal gland acts as sort of a

chemical translator through which the body and spirit adjoin and

communicate. At extraordinary times in our lives the pineal produces

psychedelic DMT quantities. It gives us a way to consciously experience

our life-force movement in its utmost expressions: at birth more DMT is

released by the pineal; and when an individual’s life force enters the fetal

body (our genuinely human moment) it excretes through the gland and sets

off the initial primordial deluge of DMT. And when we die the life-force

leaves the body through the pineal gland and releases another deluge of the

psychedelic DMT spiritual molecule.

Something astounds me about reincarnation and the pineal gland: The Tibetan Buddhist Book of the Dead professes it requires 49 days for one's soul who recently

died to reincarnate. And remember the same 49 day interval it takes from conception for the human pineal gland to appear; and, again, 49 days for differentiation of the male or female fetus gender…put it together that the soul’s rebirth, the pineal and sexual organs all need 49 days

before they are evident. I believe that the pineal is the most active body organ at death. It might act as a lightning rod or antenna for the soul—the blinding light of pineal DMT. The deluge of DMT produced at

death…when the brain is dying…as the life-force exits the body through the pineal it unlifts the veils that usually conceal what the Buddhists call the bardo. The bardo are go-between states between this life and the next life.

Inner senses are opened up by DMT to these between states with a plethora of visions, sounds, ideas, and feelings when consciousness leaves the body. In essence, the spirit molecule has led one to the other side. DMT, like other

psychedelics, dissolves our cultural conditioning and immediately reaches the brain's hardware--returning the organism to the animal body's primal language. Hence, an individual can discover the real dimension of feeling

cut off by culture instead of being caught in a cultural envelope...sort of a primal birthright or legacy.

9. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

One of Ian Stevenson's cases (I don't recall offhand which of his books it was in) involved two young girls who died at the same time. I don't recall their names so I'll call them A and B. What happened next is particularly interesting.

A's soul left her body and departed for wherever it is that souls go when they leave. B's soul left her body, but she wasn't ready to depart for good. Unfortunately her body was damaged beyond hope so she couldn't return to her body. So instead, B's soul flew to A's body, which was sick, but not beyond repair, and moved in.

When A (at least when her body) awoke from her fever she told everyone that she was no longer A, but was now B. She had all of B's memories, and demonstrated quite convincingly that she was B's soul in A's body.

From that we can conclude that it is indeed possible for a soul to enter a body at times other than birth.

Philosophical aside: This conclusion is based only on pretty hard core scientific observation of a case history and doesn't require taking anyone's word for any kind of religious, metaphysical or philosophical beliefs.

Even the Buddhists, who have been pondering reincarnation for 2500 years and should be pretty expert on the subject, have been shown by Dr. Stevenson's research to be wrong in some of the details they believe in.

To quote the famous bird watcher and artist John James Audubon, "When the bird and the book disagree, always believe the bird." In other words, I put no faith whatsoever in what any "guru" or "master" or "ancient wisdom" (the book) has to say. I put my trust in the science of the observable (the bird). So if the Buddhists and the Hindu mystics and the Theosophists and the "Ascended Masters" all say X is true and serious researchers like Ian Stevenson have case histories showing that X is NOT true, then it's clear that all the "ancient wisdom" belongs in the same garbage heap as the "ancient wisdom" about curing disease with rattles and leaches.

(end of rant :laugh: )

10. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Wow fiziwig, that is an amazing story. It's hard to image literally waking up in someone else's body.

These are wise words. It wasn't that long ago people still believed the Earth was the center of the universe and to believe otherwise was heresy.

11. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Leaches can be used quite effectively to cure injuries involving excessive swelling and bleeding. As for rattles . . . some like singing bowls, some like meditative tapes, or positive affirmations. Whatever helps a person achieve the mental state to help their body fight disease is fine by me. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

12. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

I agree. There's no harm, and potentially a great deal of good to be had from improving a person's mental outlook as an adjunct to modern medical techniques.

There's no doubt, for example, that a person who meditates will heal faster after surgery than a person who does not meditate.

What would be a problem is if someone told me I could meditate instead of having my appendix removed surgically.

My only problem with purveyors of ancient wisdom is their air of false certainty. They believe too easily in something they read in a book written by someone they never met and, frankly, have no reason to trust.

That's why when a question like "can souls enter the body after it is born" need to be answered with what has been observed to be possible in actual case histories and not by quoting one's favorite "authority" on the subject. As soon as a person jumps onto one particular bandwagon that person closes his or her mind to all alternatives and will, therefore, be blind to the truth when it finally comes along.

If we are to be completely (and brutally) honest with ourselves and with each other there is only one answer to any question about reincarnation. And that answer is "I don't know." Beyond that we can only point out what the evidence (using Dr. Ian Stevenson's word) "suggests".

His body of work is the finest scholarly collection of evidence in the world. But notice that he was wise enough not to say "this proves reincarnation", but only "this is suggestive of reincarnation". In other words, the greatest, most extensively experienced reincarnation researcher the world has ever seen, in the end said "I don't know. But here's what the evidence suggests might be the case..."

How foolish it would be for any one of us mere mortals to say anything more than that.

So the answer is: I don't know if souls can enter the body some time after birth. The evidence suggests it is possible, but nobody knows for sure.

Now it's up to you to make the choice: 1) Learn to be comfortable with uncertainty, or 2) Adopt one comforting fantasy or another and turn your back on Truth.

13. dgfarnsworth

dgfarnsworth New Member

Soul Fragmentation

It is not uncommon for the soul to break off or fragment if one perceives a threatening traumatic event. Dissociation and splitting of the consciousness can be a coping mechanism due to trauma causing the condition. Literally, a fragment of the consciousness stores the trauma experienced. So a sub personality isolates from the primary consciousness. Memory loss reflects part of the soul has left. An incarnation may retain the soul part with memory. But there is a part that’s missing….until regaining that soul residue. The dislodged soul fragment…thread-like silver cord...may maintain a connection to the soul's consciousness.

As long as a body maintains a connection, the body can function—even if the fragments have been evacuated totally, which may lead to coma or easily allow another spirit to enter the body. Like a balloon on a string, a soul fragment may follow a person. It is possible for it to stay in some other location or structure. Or it may attach to another living being…or float freely.

And you realize people sometimes experience ghosts of people who haven’t "died yet."--a fragment of the mind being attached to one or more living persons? And the fragmentation of the soul is not healed by the death of the person who is fragmented...if you believe in death. In a way it is sort of spirit possession where one is affected by the spirit fragment: The living mind fragment remains connected to the spirit. Basically, the mind of a living person possesses a deceased spirit. The traumatic event that caused the original fragmentation happened in another lifetime, of course.

The lost soul part thinks it is a person.

14. mamakaykay

mamakaykay Senior Registered

I believe that to some extent whether it comes and goes during pregnancy or is there the whole time that the soul is there at some point. I have posted about these things before but for newer folks...My now 6 year old son I believe could communicate with my now 2 1/2 year old daughter while she was in the womb. He knew before anyone she would be a girl (referred to her as his princess, lol) and would talk to my belly, once even telling me she told him she was comfy and warm in there, LOL. He also told me at that time he remembers being comfortable and warm and sounds he heard. He was 3 at the time.

Another story is the morning of the day I gave birth to Aaliyah (the 2 yr old) I had this dream of a young man sitting on my stairs, telling me he WAS Aaliyah and that she would be born later that day (though my c-section was scheduled for 2 days from that day), he even gave me some insight to her personality. Sure enough, she was born that night due to having contractions that were making her heart rate drop.

15. Zeven

Zeven New Member

These are all good thought provoking posts. So I'll throw in mine as well. Perhaps someone will read this 10 year old dialogue.

I tend to believe that one's soul enters the body of a child when conscious awareness begins, which would mean for some up to the age three, four, or even five years old. My first conscious memory/awareness of self existing in this lifetime was at age 3. Who is to say that is not when I entered my body? Each one of us has a specific point in "time." Some remember being around the family and growing fetus as a soul, some are aware of being in utero, some become aware at birth, and some do not develop consciousness for a few years after birth. I think like most everything, it is an individual choice dependent on potentially unlimited variables unique to each chosen body, each soul, each lifetime, for purposes most of us do not fully understand. Although, with practice, it is possible to re-member the conditions, the why as to the decision in which one chooses the "time" to settle in for the next upcoming experience.

Any thoughts?

16. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, well I don't know but find it very interesting post. I can't help but think of what entertainer Eartha Kitt once said in an interview about her late friend actor James Dean that the last time she saw him, not long before he died, she asked him where he was because she felt it as if his soul had already left. That has always stuck with me even though it has been years now when I heard her say it.

Hear Eartha Kitt talk about it at the start 0:58

Someone I know has always said to me that his first memory is from the age of 7. I have always thought that was unusual, I remember myself running around in diapers (at the age of 6...just kidding, no being a toddler). It does not matter how many photograph or film footage his family got of him before the age of 7, he does not remember any of it. Of course it does not have to mean his soul came in his body at age 7...?

/Jaimie

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019