Is it wrong to remember?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by fiziwig, Oct 31, 2002.

1. There and back again

There and back again Member

I was once a pastors aid and there isn't much that anyone can say that would really surprise me anymore.

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

What does "incurable" mean, permanently torturous, unmanageable, or unable to put into use for another outcome?

3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

For me it means permanently torturous Ken. The doctor just said there was no cure but in a small number of cases the symptoms can be relieved.

4. KenJ

Don't believe that Jim!

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

No honestly Ken. The doctor said if I can curb my drinking he can help me. I don't believe him though. I've had friends tell me about alternative treatments for PTSD but I don't having much money.

Why don't you believe it Ken. I've had to put up with ignorance and incompetence in the health service before. I'm just telling you what the doctor said. There's no subterfuge involved.

6. KenJ

He is telling you what he believes, you are free to reject that and find your own solution. The only thing that I agree with him about is your self-medication, but again, that's just an opinion!

My feeling is that our essence needs education/experience about all things both good and bad (as seen from our current bias), the strength that you had in the past is still available to you so I feel that it is a challenge for you to learn to use it rather than drown it, tame it rather than fear it, you have taken the first steps and I hope that you don't find a reason to give up on the challenge you set for yourself this time.

7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Well said, Ken.

Hope you will be able to end the war, Jim. Looks like you are still at war with yourself. Like I am sometimes, in a way...
    Only you can stop this fighting. I really hope you can.

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't have much faith in Doctors treating the mind Ken. They don't take into account the existence of the soul.

I can't convey to you how completely powerless I was against my vision of hell. I remember once when I was playing move and counter move with the sociopath that was abusing my old love I saw a look of sheer horror on my loves brothers face. I couldn't relate to it. I wondered why a man would be horrified by some thick sociopath. I judged him to be weak and a coward. After that situation ended I saw hell and it was vast killing fields I had to experience from every perspective and the more violence that was played out the stronger the evil that existed there got. My strength was utterly useless against that realm. Indeed it fed off of it. That's why I'm traumatised. I was completely powerless against evil for the first time in my existence. Even as Wolf Tone I still had faith. Faith doesn't have a place in hell. I don't judge horrified men too harhly anymore.

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thank you SeekerOfKnowledge.

10. There and back again

There and back again Member

All most doctors care to understand when it comes to mental health is the bottom line as many only push chemicals that they don't understand themselves and some of them have real problems of their own. Real support and good help when it comes to this is Hard to find and even Harder to keep as I had to learn the hard way. Jim you can still work through one thing at a time one moment at a time one day at a time and gradually things will start to even out should you be persistent enough while taking actions to help avoid triggers.

Jim78 likes this.
  11. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

..or like a regression therapist said, "how can we expect psychologists to help someone effectively when they don't acknowledge "psychi" (meaning "soul" in greek) and work only on the patient's mental state". Isn't it controversial in itself, being called a "Soul Doctor" and ignoring "Soul", I wonder..

SeekerOfKnowledge and Jim78 like this.