Is my 4-yr old daughter a reincarnated child?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by LadyJ, Jun 4, 2017.

1. LadyJ

LadyJ New Member

To be honest, I had not heard about this child reincarnation thing until today. My daughter has been talking about her 'other mother from France' for about 9 mths or so now. At first, I dismissed it but after talking with my parents about it, they explained to me what child reincarnation was and that they believed this may be happening. Here's the story:

My daughter, who is 4-yrs old and has an identical twin, has been telling me she has another mother from France. I've never asked her any questions about it, and frankly, I didn't really take note of anything she was telling me about her other mother because I didn't realize the significance of it... at least until today. Today she brought up her other mother's death which I found quite concerning. She said that her other mother died a long time ago. I asked her how this happened, and she said there were soldiers around her mother that were pointing like this (she made a gesture of holding a gun/rifle with two hands) and that they threw a ball and her mother died. At first, I thought she meant a cannon ball, but my parents brought up the fact that way back in the past, rifles had lead balls in them, so maybe this is what she meant. Anyway, she then told me that her mom had died but that magic happened and that she is alive again and moved here in Canada. I asked her if she sees her sometimes and she said 'no I have never seen her, but she is always with me'. I told my parents about this and they too asked her how her other mother died, and she explained it the exact same way she had explained it to me... and in the same matter-of-fact tone. My daughter has also been having night terrors since she was about 1-2 yrs old - these last a good 20 minutes when they occur. I never associated these ├ępisodes to this, until now. She also shows a lot of the other signs that are common to reincarnated children, such as extremely high sensitivity and empathy to others, and her sense of humor has been very mature for her age (she's been understanding sarcasm since she's been less than 2 yrs). I'm not sure if this is true reincarnation or even if reincarnation is real, but I wanted to share my story to find out your thoughts.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

2. KenJ

KenJ Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your experience. It certainly sounds like a past life memory.

Thank you for being open-minded enough to recognize the possibility!

If you have read other posts, you are aware of the suggestions, if not then it is often suggested to read Carol's books, read other threads here on the forum, and keep records - write things down with dates and what is said. You seem to be doing what works best, let her talk without pushing too hard or discouraging her. You might want to contact Carol as things progress.

When she is in the mood to talk about it, ask leading questions like what her mother's name was, the name of the town, things like that.

Here is a suggestion that Deborah mentioned.

At her age - next time she brings it up you can encourage her to draw and color a picture(s) of her other family. Specifics MIGHT come out as she draws. When she's done - ask her to tell you about what the images mean. This helps both document and not lead her to her memories - experience and I am sure she'll love to have them in the future. :) The matter of fact way she mentions her past life is also very telling. It's a clue to it being a real memory for her.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. LadyJ

LadyJ New Member

Thank you Ken, I didn't think of doing that... asking her to draw in the moment she talks about her other mom. It is a great idea! I have started to make notes as of yesterday. There are a few things I forgot to mention as well when I made the post last night. She told me yesterday the following: 'My other mother wanted me to go with her, but I told her I wanted to stay with you'. This creeped me out to say the least, because it's something that you would hear a little girl say in a horror film. She also has told me she's a boy since she was approx. 15 mths old, up until around the time she started going to jk (late 3rd yr to early 4th year of life). I originally thought that maybe she was transexual but now I'm thinking perhaps this entire situation is connected to this cross-gender identification. She has began referring herself as a girl however, only in the last year (she will be turning 5 soon). Finally, another point is we are French Canadian with a Qu├ębec french accent. However, even my mom has made mention of this several times in the past, she pronounces some words in an Acadian way. We have no Acadians in the family and she doesn't associate with any Acadians. So this has always baffled us. But perhaps this reincarnation story is the reason behind this accent?? I don't know... there are a lot of odd things that suggest the possibility for reincarnation. But I can't honestly say that I am a believer yet... I am though open to following suggestions just in case it's actually what's happening here.

4. KenJ

There is another way to look at that - maybe you were with her in that lifetime as a sibling perhaps, maybe even the father.

If you have the time to read, I would recommend Soul Survivor by Bruce Leininger.

5. LadyJ

LadyJ New Member

lol no way... I have never had any reincarnation memories of any sort. I will wait and see what she says next and go from there. Besides, I have asked her if she had another father yesterday and she said no. And she's never mentioned anyone else either.

6. KenJ

LadyJ, please keep that open-mindedness you showed initially. I do not want to create a hardship for you, just the understanding that only a few people remember their previous lives - that does not mean that they did not have them. Reincarnation would not be a some-do-and-some-don't kind of thing IMHO.

7. LadyJ

LadyJ New Member

Sorry, like I said this is all new to me.

8. KenJ

You are doing great, it often takes time to get your head around such things unless you have had "paranormal" experiences of some kind. As a mater of fact, I have no memory of a past life, only several experiences and some "knowings" that did NOT come from this lifetime.

9. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Welcome LadyJ,

I highly recommend you read Carol Bowman's first book "Children's Past Lives". Is she still having bad dreams?

Also, let her do the talking, be vague, don't lead her. Ask Questions that add to what she's saying. Like...ask how she feels, what she thinks, or a simple "why" might be appropriate. Your journey is just beginning. There is much to learn, thousands of cases you can read about, and cutting edge research around the world. Jim B. Tucker at Virginia University reviews cases with a scientific approach. Carol deals with the healing and emotional aspect, to help children heal and help parents deal with what their children are experiencing.

Chapter one in Carol's book is in this section of the forum to help parents get started. Please don't hesitate to ask for guidance. That's what we're here for.

10. LadyJ

LadyJ New Member

Thank you very much :)