Is my father now my grandson?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by raven68, Mar 5, 2015.

1. raven68

raven68 Raven68

New to the forum and found Carol's book and information intriguing. Just started reading some of the threads and thought I'd start my own as well and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

My father died about a year and a half ago. He appeared to me several times in dreams, the first two times were just after he died, we were able to communicate back and forth briefly. But, the last time he spoke to me he came to tell me that he was beginning a 'new journey' and that I was to do what I needed to do with his remains as he no longer had an attachment or need for his last body. When I tried to ask him if he was ok he seemed like he couldn't hear me anymore. Since then I have not felt his presence as 'him'. I don't know if that makes sense but that's how it feels.

My dad was a profoundly spiritual and philosophical man and was always curious about what awaited us when death came to change us. He had also told me 8 months prior that he felt he might die within the year.

My oldest daughter had a strong bond with my dad and she is due to have a son in about 2 weeks. I have always been somewhat empathic and felt from the very beginning when she first found out she was pregnant that my father would reincarnate into her baby. My daughter mentioned it as well and said she thought the same thing but I don't think she's really comfortable with the thought.

It is a strange and yet familiar connection...A deep connection, as was the connection we had as father and daughter, grandfather and granddaughter, yet already there is an understanding that he is someone totally new. He is a new person with a brand new potential, a new perspective, a new reality to create and participate in. The soul connection seems strong already, unbroken.

I had my doubts that the soul kept it's sense of 'self' after death until recently. My father and I debated the topic often. He felt that we would go and review, and choose and return to learn with full intent. I wasn't so sure. Also, while I believed in reincarnation I felt that it was more a recycling of energy from a collective consciousness rather than as an individual consciousness. Now, I question what I thought even more.

I'm willing to entertain that all of what I feel is wishful thinking and a hopeful projection after losing one of my favorite people on the planet. However, the messages, the feelings, the intuition that leads me to feel the way I do are extremely hard to dismiss as a process of grieving.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. I think you are right about your dad coming back as your grandson. Time well tell. Reincarnation in the same family is very common. Carol's second book "Return From Heaven" is about same family reincarnation.

3. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

The Miracle of New Life...

Good morning from Holland!

Dear raven 68...I invite you to look on my profile under the threads that I have posted...the title..."Same Family Reincarnation".

There I tell a small story about my granddaughter...and my great grandmother. It was and still is, (my granddaughter will be visiting me again this year from Alaska) that she be strong in the new person that she has chosen to be, and not in someone who I feel she might be!

Please enjoy my little story...and I congratulate you on the birth of your grandson!

4. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Much of my research has shown or suggestead that we appear to exist as one continuous person.

I think that is important for growth and I don't buy the angle that were all from the same goop of energy. Maybe ultimately yes, but we are still inherently different and separate on an individual level.

5. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Raven68, I'm sorry for your loss and the sad emptiness the inevitably comes with it. Yet I'm pleased to hear you and your father shared your spirituality! How special is that! I strive to do the same with my adult children. There is so much hope in the concept, yet the reality of the silence often drags us down.

I was my own great-grandfather in another life. So I think it is similar to what you are asking. My story is around here somewhere. Yes! It is possible. And as someone mentioned above same family incarnations are not at all unusual. Given your strong spiritual awareness I bet you'll be able to tell. I'd urge caution in not molding the idea onto your grandson. Let it evolve, and above all know your grandson for who he becomes in this time.

Blessing to you, your father, and the rest of your family.

Tman

6. raven68

raven68 Raven68

Sounds like there are many of you who have experienced something similar.

Interestingly, regardless of how much I question the 'individual' soul maintaining a continuum, I've had glimpses of what I would have to call my own past lives...one in Greece that I shared with my father and other family members, and another in precolonial America in a Northern Native American Tribe that I shared with my brother in this life. Interestingly, my dad had a very intense dream shortly before he died about a past life of his own as a Native American elder woman who witnessed her tribe being viciously slaughtered. I had a feeling that woman he was remembering, had been my granddaughter. It seems confusing but it feels more like a graceful dance.

I find it all fascinating. I actually have not expressed my feelings to many and only in passing. I think that I was drawn to this forum because I felt it would be a safer and more objective venue to explore the topic. I intend to keep my inklings to myself from this point forward in regard to family members and just observe and listen as life moves everyone forward.

My dad was an avid musician and he taught himself guitar when he was young, (as did both of my own sons). He was charming in a unique way that one could never quite figure out, and was a character for sure. If we do carry with us some of our quirks and/or mannerisms those will be easy to spot for sure.

I also know that through our studies into reincarnation and the possibility of holding on to memories and our sense of self into our next life was something he wanted to try and accomplish. So, time will tell indeed.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

My mother and I both had . . . a hunch . . . that my middle child would be my grandmother, my mom's mom. We had these feelings separately and did not talk about it with each other until after the little bits of "evidence" started to appear.

I think your approach is probably the best. It never hurts to wait-and-see.

Congrats on the new arrival, whoever he may be!

8. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

My daughter is my grandma

I am dealing with a similar situation. I do believe that this is entirely plausible for various reasons; i.e. working out unresolved issues between souls, spiritual guidance and protection. Divulging this to her is a taboo for me (for reasons I am not getting into here), hence I am writing my memoirs in context of a spiritual awakening and bipolar disorder. If my daughter ever chooses to read it, then she would find out. I have not even tell my wife...

9. lemonfarm

lemonfarm New Member

From the 8 lives I have traced and the one I have now so that's 9, I seem to have spent the first 2 in/around Israel, then 2 in Italy, 1 in Poland, 2 in Austria and around that area.

It very much seems like I have spent more than one in each geographic area, and in terms of family I was reborn into the same sort of family according to the area.

I can however trace the people I was with in this current life as well, none seem to be family members though.

My current family seems to be new to me, in previous lives I seem to have been recycling a lot of them. I have no idea why I now have a new family, and OK there might be some logic to it.

I also feel I am very lonely in that my old family is not with me and the current one is not my real one. If that's possible at all.

So what I am doing now is building bridges with the old one. Whether this makes sense I am not sure.

In terms of being reborn into the same family or around the same set of people, I think it's either when it works, its nice to be reborn into the same one, or either that there is karma to work off with someone?

10. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

What about relatives? I have no ties to my immediate family, but have known cousins and several aunts before.

11. lemonfarm

lemonfarm New Member

I have not traced everyone back and ok thats partly because I went down to that energy level or whatever its called when the info was coming and while it really was coming every day.

I got tired of it and could hardly "come back". I was thinking I was gonna go mad or something.

Also the last one seems to be ww2 and so I am not particularly keen to know everything. I know who I was.

I think we are all individuals at the end of the day, just spent more lives with a certain set of people, so what ever happens good or bad, is stronger with those people.

I think when the info is coming again I will find more people around me who were around me before.

All I seem to be doing is typing my life away. For the past 10 years.

So this is what I am hoping to change.