Is the life you wanted actually your past lives?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by 6012, Oct 26, 2020.

?

Is the life you wanted actually your past lives?

1. YES

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. NO

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. MAYBE/BOTH

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. 6012

6012 Senior Member

I have always wanted a simple and happy life in which I am a child with a family that I love and also love me living in Europe during a time period before the 1940s. The job that I want most is one that you produce/repair things, like making shoes, baking bread or repairing clocks. After I learnt about past lives, I realised that the kind of life I wanted to have is possibly the life I had before.

What do you think? Is the life you always wanted the life/lives you lived before?

2. Dana

Dana Senior Registered

My life today is definitely better than my last life.

I like my current life better than the previous one where I had to suffer in poverty during the Great Depression and end up being a cog in Hitler's German war machine.

The life I live today is the life I always wanted.

Speedwell and Jim78 like this.
  3. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Senior Member

Hmm... Its a difficult question to answer. I do miss certain things from my previous life in the 1930s and 40s Germany. The small everyday things, you know. And the closeness to family members, the wallpapers and the smell from the kitchen. The clothing, the shoes, the handbags, the colors, the symbols, the songs and music streaming out of the radios. The feeling of achieving something great, after a long period of hard times in the 20s. I cant really describe how we expeienced it. But it was a really fantastic feeling, I can tell. And now I become very nostalgic looking back on it. I keep longing to that era a lot, all the time. I cant help it. It was so great!

I would say it was a much cooler time than the current. But that doesnt mean I miss the war in itself. Not at all. The violence of the time era, I take a stance from. Definately. My current life is much more peaceful. And my soul very much needs the peace that this life offers me. The conflict and the violence of the WW2 was just far, far too much. In fact, it totally went out of proportions - and Europe still strugles with the aftermath of the war. Many of us can kind of still feel and hear the eccos of the war - concreatly even now, in our current lifes. We sort of still live in the shadows of the WW2. But peace and silence makes good. Its healing. (But is still not healed enough yet.)

Sometimes when I feel like I "meet the war over again" in different situations I find myself in, I just want to scream. Cause Im so fed up with the evils of the war - and how it still eccoes into our lifes now. Sometimes I meet souls/people who kind of keep acting like the war is still on, and they have someting to earn from it, like they have someting they still want to get from the war. Like the war still owes them someting. Its horrible.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Dana and Jim78 like this.
  4. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Serious question, what if you're having memories of a past life in a future setting? Is it then considered a past life?

5. Ocean

Ocean Senior Registered

The same goes for me. I don’t have actual memories of the Depression, but the rest was like being pushed to do things I wouldn’t have chosen to do otherwise, being separated from home and family, and being sent to terrible places instead which I didn’t want to be in. I never really had a choice in this past life, so today I enjoy all the liberties we have. This can have some disadvantages, too, of course. But at least I can decide for myself and I don’t need to fear for my life when I don’t agree with the opinion of others.

I can be nostalgic about a few things from the past maybe, but overall there is not much I miss from those days. Whereas in current life my youth and childhood in the 80’s and 90’s was the coolest thing ever, and I’d really love to go back to those times if I could. I also enjoy the peace we have in Europe today and that you can go and visit all the places you want. I would never want to change this for times of war again!

6. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Senior Member

Yes, Ocean. And another fantastic thing about our time is also all sorts of information, pictures and films that is so easily accessable on the internet. There is huge help to all spiritually seeking people on the net.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Jim78 and Ocean like this.
  7. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Well to be truthful I will have to say this life is the one I wanted. This life is for the most part what I had planned for to go grow, unfold and mature as soul. Even the bad things that did happen in the past. In fact I feel like I lived several lifetimes in just in this one. Perhaps the only thing I would change if I could and I still might be able to down the road god willing is to have more time and money to travel aboard more. As I have always loved traveling. Having expensive material things has never been much of an interest to me. Things are things and they come and go in your life as your life changes. For when your consciousness from within changes your outer world changes along with it to match the new state of consciousness. Which is why some people in your life fall away but new ones take their place. However your soul group always stays the same and is there for you no matter what. What is more important to me is having more adventurous, fun, life experiences with those that I love and care for. Plus being a teacher for others that come into my life to hopefully pass on some personal wisdom I have learned along the way.

The last few past lives I have lived have been very brutal and harsh cutting my life short in most of them. They where painful lessons to learn but they were needed so that I could grow and unfold as soul. I see that now. However now that I have grown some inwardly some of the good karma is now coming full circle, though it took a while to manifest on the physical level. I realized I used my good karma for gaining experiences that would enrich the spirit rather than material gain. And I'm glad I did.

Not sure if I will come back again or not. I guess it depends on if the earth has grown up some by then. However that is the human side of me talking. What my higher self decides will likely be something totally different.

Thanks for the question. It was very insightful one to aske.

Love and Peace.

P.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Peace of mind and Ocean like this.
  8. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Taking a break with this one as the last wasn't an easy ride to say the least, doubtful of humanity's future even though good is intended for it I just can't be sure the nature is going to be changed enough for things to not sour again plus life and often the people themselves gets to be repetitive. Anyway my interests have moved on and would like to experience more than just this.

9. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Thank you all for answering my question. Apparently all of you have a better current life, which is not the case for me. I used to think about how unfair the world is, that my life is so hard while some other people can have a happy life without any effort. But now it makes sense, the people who are having great lives now had worse lives before. And for people who are having bad lives like I am, they had better lives before. My current life is the kind that I am supposed to learn difficult lessons from.

10. My_Sun

My_Sun Senior Registered

I do not know if it's the life i wanted in the first place. But it ended up to be lives that i miss.
    As with every life there are good things and bad things happening.
    But you end up missing people and places, and feel nostalgic for sure.

11. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I wouldn't say my current life is good especially given the emotional pain that would crush most like beer cans but yea there are still people who got the love and light lives of perpetual positivity that don't really have to struggle much for anything. Hope things improve for you especially if you don't have much support.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

I think the present life has been good enough for me.

I've been able to recall only one PL, the last one. I think I was happy in it, though it ended with a death at the age of 25. Maybe that's why I have such an enormous nostalgia for that life. It lasted so little, and this is the only trauma it has left me. I long so much for it now, that sometimes the desire to return to it is so strong, that it seems almost unsupportable.

But what can I do about it?

tanker likes this.
  13. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

I can't know that cause i not know how was my last incarnation before that. simply i had not memories. my flash backs are not related to that, and not sufficient clierly for identify places, countr and persons of my prev. life.
    i can only analize my birth chart with astrology, but honestly i guess was a very boring workshipper life with a fragile mind and emotively fragile heart.
    on current life i learn the strenght into the more hardest way, with the proof of my illness, but also thanks for some nice friends that teach me to have self love, something that my parents never teach me. in fact, honestly, my life experience destroyed my self esteem. i learn something about that only into the last 7 years.
    my life is far from be happy. too much loneliness, and friends, i have just fews and they are just throught web. i not have friends on my real life with i can have a nice intellectual exchange and ideas, the gap between myself and medium level culture of my country is too hight. or maybe i am too much "alien" for my enviroment.

Honestly, i have a lot of scientific talent and potentiality that i could'nt express into that life for my heal trouble. so i consider that life totally burned out, is a continue delusion also cause every time that i love someone happen ever something that destroy relations.
    so, honestly i not belive much more on friendship and humanity after all that. into the last years, after 3 septicemia and 1 surgery i begin very very misanthropic. i not guess that is what desired my old artisan "me" of byzantine empire.
    but my karma can explain why my soul "choose" my parents for rebirth. my father have an nice talent for fix machines and device and do modern artisan job, but never teached me properly all that. my mother, instead... urgh, i prefear to not talk about it. -.-
    however, i am a missed doctor-biologist-astronomer.
    i write for compensation. but at that point of my life, i am doing a more spiritual and less materialistic and scientific journey for my spiritual grow.
    i not know if is good or bad to be a modern hermit.
    i am not happy, but i think that if i got a normal life i should be really a more much silly and superfical person, so i not know what is better or not.
    sure, my family and my life contest not make things easy... half of my troubles depends of my family.

Cyrus likes this.
  14. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

I miei migliori auguri, ragazzo !

Wish you all the best. I know, you'll endure all the hardships with force and dignity. Hold on, guaglione !

Jim78 and The Traveler like this.
  15. The Traveler

Grazie, signore!
    Thanks, Mister. :)

16. The Traveler

well... pasted lives. are just ... pasted.
    has not much sense to have sorrow on want to all coast lives.
    i have not desire to explore a jungle now, and i not have more hand skills for open a shop of artisan lol. but i take with me the karma from these pasts experiences, and also behavours and insight, and that should be the truly important things.
    the fact is that now your life is that, exactly like mine.
    It's interessing study PLs for better know who we are, but if we are stucked on it... that is not a spiritual grow, but stagnation, and that is against the lesson that came with rebirth phenomenum.

About you, if you want a suggest, i not know what you remember and how many.
    i suppose you can investigate as much as possible for rebuild memories or things about your past, and carry that on your present.
    learn from error of your past ego, and join the goods things, that can make your more complete and mature. On that way, you should fix the nostalgia problem :)

Cyrus likes this.
  17. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Oufff,

I don't know what errors could I have committed before the age of 25.

Was just an ordinary guy from Tuscan Campagna called up for military service into the Italian Navy, and drowned together with at least 4 or 5 other young guys in the Bay of Taranto in a warship section damaged by a British bomb or a torpedo during a kind of Pearl Harbour that the British did to Mussolini in 1940 (the Japanese reproduced it next year in Hawaii for the Americans).

It wasn't even my choice, I couldn't have refused to go there, leva obbligatoria, e nei tempi di guerra. Lo sai?

Comunque, non sto cercando nessuna soluzione - ho già imparato a vivere con questa nostalgia.

Best regards,
    Ciro.

18. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Nothing we ever get is ideal, unfortunately. My life now is pretty cushy by comparison to the other ones, but it's harder in some aspects. All the PL I've seen have ended violently and abruptly, and many were full of days of hard physical labor. I don't have to break my back farming anymore, or wear myself out by traveling on foot/horseback all over Asia, but I have their leftover problems to sort out along with my own.

You honestly couldn't pay me to go back and be an English farmer in the 1600s again, but there are some things I miss like how simple life seemed and how pretty the English countryside is. It's a rather uncomplicated life from my modern perspective.

Now we have the opportunity to do things our former selves could only dream of (as I sit here typing this on a phone lol). I want to live a life that future me can be proud of.

Peace of mind, Jim78 and tanker like this.
  19. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.

Whether your life is good or bad depends on the perspective. People who know me would probably think my life as great or perfectly normal, but I don’t think so at all.

I don’t remember a lot about my past lives. All my past life memories are also my childhood memories. Although I am not entirely sure about the details, my last life which I miss so much seems to be the life of a child worker from a poor family who died at a young age. Most people would not consider it as a good life, I might not even consider it as a good life when I was living it. However, I think it’s wonderful compared to my current life.

And my life has improved, but I still need to try hard to keep it this way.

20. The Traveler

Oh, sorry, i couldn't know the details. i told just on general.
    forgive what i told. : \
    yes, i know that military service was obbligatory until few decades ago.
    so there was not chooses for the previous yourself.

Cyrus likes this.