Is There A Larger List Of Books Somewhere?

Discussion in 'Books about Children's Past Lives' started by autumnleavesnnovember, Dec 23, 2016.

1. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

I could swear I saw a large list of past life books complete with pictures somewhere on this forum. Maybe I was imagining that. :confused: Why I'm asking is I can't find Jim Tucker's second book here and intend to buy it from Amazon next week. I'd be happy to get Carol a small kickback from Amazon, but can't if I can't find the book.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Yeah, and it appears the links are all dead. They were up and running a few days ago. I will alert Steve and ChrisR. The first post in the BOOK section for Children's Past Lives. Click on it and they should come up. Try IE, Chrome and Safari are not working with the software well. :eek:(

3. autumnleavesnnovember

Thanks, Deborah, but only Jim Tucker's first book is there, not his second one. I'm just going to order it direct from Amazon, before I spend the Amazon gift card I got for Christmas on other things. :)

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

5. autumnleavesnnovember

KenJ, I was going to get the paperback copy, but went with the Kindle version since I could get that copy in seconds. So far, I really like it. I read all of Dr. Stevenson's books, but they were mostly too dry for me, since I'm not scientifically inclined. The one exception to that was his book on past lives of Europeans. Jim Tucker's second book is much more my type of reincarnation book, both the way he tells the stories of the children, and the additional metaphysical topics he's touching on.

6. autumnleavesnnovember

Well, I finished the book. I'm afraid Dr. Tucker lost me when he started discussing quantum physics. The shared dream part was interesting, although I don't know how much of it I believe, if any. I really have to think about all this some more. o_O

7. KenJ

My problem with the book, as I remember it, was that Tucker tends to give his views in trying to explain his observations rather than simply reporting the evidence and working the null hypothesis in a scientific manner as Stevenson did. His views about quantum physics, even though I mainly agree with him, belonged in another book.

8. autumnleavesnnovember

I understand what you are saying. Since the book was about cases of children remembering past lives, talking so much about quantum physics and life being a dream seemed more off topic than on. I still can't decide what I think about his interesting life is a dream theory, though. Do you remember your thoughts on that? Anyone else, who read the book?

9. Deborah

10. autumnleavesnnovember

Thanks, Deborah. I've read 13 of those books. It's good to see the Harrison book is only 99 cents for a Kindle version or free with Kindle Unlimited. I remember reading about it in Carol's first book many years ago, and searching for it here and there and everywhere. The only available copies were outrageously priced, due to it being out-of-print. I finally got a copy for cheap in a collection of books someone was selling at eBay. Sadly, though, after all those years of searching, I only found the book mildly interesting. :)

P.S. Have you thought of turning your book into a Kindle one?

11. KenJ

I really liked the Harrison's book, I bought several copies to give to people as an introduction to reincarnation. They are only $4 used from Amizon and $8 new.

12. autumnleavesnnovember

Even cheaper if you have a Kindle. I can't remember why I wasn't that impressed by the book.

13. Deborah

Hi autumnleavesnnovember,
    I haven't really thought about it. Or looked into it. Any hints how to get started. Thanks.

14. autumnleavesnnovember

No personal hints, but go to: https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A2VHRJZXET0TWT. That should show you everything you need to do. You really should consider it, because even if you put it at a low cost, like many people do, you will be making some money. You also can do an author's profile, and can get reviews--which may be good or bad. Although you have always seemed mature enough not to freak out if you got a critical review, unlike some authors. I swear, some of the authors leave comments about critical reviews where they sound like whiny little kids who can't grasp someone didn't like their book. :rolleyes:

P.S. Pssst . . . it's me . . . Sunday. ;)

Deborah likes this.
  15. Deborah

LOLOLOL Hi Sunday! I love it. "Whiny little kids." Hey I've missed ya ;)
    Yeah, if you're an actor, writer, artist or musician you have to be able to take criticism. I'll check it out. Thank You. :D

16. autumnleavesnnovember

I've missed you, too, Deb-Tep. One reason I always drift back here sooner or later. Yeah, I recently read a good explanation as to why some writers react like whiny little kids. It was in a book by a writer and writing professor. He said such writers are not getting or have not gotten enough acceptance and approval from their family and friends, and, thus, are seeking such things from readers. When the readers don't provide such things, they may react like hurt, angry children. Whatever, I'm sure you are not lacking in such things; not to mention you seem as tough as nails anyway; and could handle any critical reviews, if you got them. Tell me, if you publish a Kindle book, and I'll buy it . . . and review it, if you want. :)

Sunday

17. Deborah

I will, and thank you. It wouldn't be until this summer. Right now I'm drowning in college hoops and title waves. LOLOLOLOL This will be something to look forward to though.

18. autumnleavesnnovember

Darn that job! L:mad:L

Please do turn your book into a Kindle book when you can, Deb. Create an author's page, too. Then, come back here and tell us how easy or hard it was to do so. It seems like, though, if you already had the story in a format that can be used, it would be a very easy thing to do. But I'm just guessing. If you notice, though, in the following link, you can also turn it into a print book or an audio one. I've never listened to an audio book, but they are becoming very popular! Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-ac...e=UTF8&ld=AZFooterSelfPublish&topic=200260520