Is this a past life dream? (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sondra, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilio

emilio New Member

This was no dream

Hey everyone - new to this site so I am hoping that I am posting correctly.............

Something happened to me and I am finding it difficult to find some explanation. It was not a dream but rather a scary reality. I am hoping that you can offer some explanation, or point me in the right direction. I did consult a psychic and have tried to do some research on the ‘Net, and am now more confused than before. So I would appreciate your view on this:

On my way home from my workout at the gym, I passed a row of houses which triggered my memory about a dream I had while in Italy a few months previously. (I have driven thru this area countless times before and nothing happened before this – and I tend to not remember my dreams until something happens to remind me of them.)

On with the story………… I looked at the houses and they seemed to have shifted, and / or people had moved. Like something wasn’t quite the same. They also seemed to be slightly distorted in shape for just a second. I thought to myself that maybe it was too much oxygen in my blood from the workout, and the sub zero temperature, and thought nothing more of it and continued on my way home.

When I turned into my driveway, I got this weird sensation that I should not be there. Like thoughts of: "what are my neighbors going to think seeing me going down my drive way". Like "they will wonder what I am doing there". "I am not supposed to be here". But, obviously, asked myself: “this is my house, where else am I supposed to be”. But I also noticed that time seemed to drag on. Like it took a long time to drive down the driveway, or like I was driving in translucent jello. Again I’m thinking all this oxygen and subzero temperature is messing with my head.

Anyway, I open the garage door, park the truck, close the garage door and walk towards the house trying to shake this “I’m not supposed to be here” feeling. I walk around to the other side of the house to go in the side entrance, and again I get this feeling that I am not supposed to be there and what are my neighbors going to think if they see me, and I got this sensation that someone else was now living there.

So I stopped. This now started to rattle me, and wondered to myself what is going on. I thought that I must be dreaming and I purposefully whacked my hand against the side of the house. It hurt, so I wasn’t dreaming. So after a while of trying to figure out what was happening a thought came to me. And that was that dead people are not supposed to be walking around.

Needless to say, this thru me for a loop. I wondered what had happened to me. A heart attack at the gym, a fatal car accident on the way home? I then got kind of angry and “said” that this can’t be happening. My death would kill my mother and I didn’t even get to say goodbye to my sister. That this was unfair, this wasn’t right. I am not ready to be dead yet! (How long this all took, I don’t know)

So I continued on down the side of the house and into my living room. Everything seemed to be distorted in the way the shape of the room now seemed to be rectangular rather than square. And the furniture seemed to have been moved slightly from where it was supposed to be.

I then remember getting into bed with the same sensation that someone else has been sleeping there, but it was my bed and I wasn’t going to get out of it. I must have then fallen asleep.

I believe in reincarnation and from the info I've gathered from the 'Net, past lives seem to appear in dreams and this was not a dream. In fact this freaked me out so much that I phoned a friend with same lame excuse just to prove to myself that I was not dead.

Thank you.

Emilio

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Emilio,

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm a little confused here -- you said this is not a dream, but you also said you "passed a row of houses which triggered my memory about a dream I had while in Italy a few months previously." So is the event you are describing something that happened while you were awake or asleep?

Past life recall can happen in more ways than just in a dream. There is also spontaneous recall -- which can happen while you are conscious and going about your daily activities. You may want to check out the poll How We Receive Past Life Memories .

You may also want to read through the threads in the FAQ Section. :)

Ailish

3. emilio

emilio New Member

hello Ailish - thanks for the welcome and sorry about the confusion. No, the experience I described was not a dream. Let me explain the reference to Italy / dream:

I hardly ever remember ANY kind of dream when I wake up. Sometimes tho, something happens which will trigger the rememberance of a dream. Like I dreamt about those houses while in Italy, but only remembered the dream months later when I drove past them again. And it was seeing those houses again that triggered the i rememberance of the dream I had in Italy about them.

Usually it's just a recollection of a dream I had, and that's it. This time it was not only a recollection, but also what happened in my previous post took place.

And I can't find any explanantion of what actually happened on the 'Net.

Thanks for the help. - Emilio

4. vanhalen50one50

vanhalen50one50 Senior Registered

5. emilio

emilio New Member

dreams?

Thanks vanhalen50one50 for the suggestions.

Believe me, I am the biggest sceptic when it comes to a lot of things, like psychics. I contacted 2 in fact with regards to my "episode".

One mentioned "reality shift" - "another dimension" - "that I am multi dimensional". This left me even more confused because I don't understand what that means, and when I asked her to explain she didn't really have an answer.

Another mentioned a time warp. That I was caught between this life and a previous one. She mentioned the different "realms" here on earth.

When I asked her what was the purpose of this, she told me that this was a "gift" from the universe. And I asked what I was supposed to do with this "gift" and she said that I need to learn to meditate, and could use this "gift" to help people.

She went on to tell me that this person (me in a previous life) was also a man, aged 19 or 20, and died in a car accident in February at the spot where those houses are.

Sceptical me thought that could be a wild guess since we are in February. But she then went on to say that the number "5" is coming across very strongly.

I'd spoken with her on the 15th. This all happened on the 5th of Feb. Something I didn't tell her. Lucky guess on her part? Maybe. But what isn't a maybe is that this incident happened while I was wide awake.

She also told me that the thoughts I had of "it not being fair, etc." where not my own, but rather "his" thoughts. Something I am having difficulty with also is the probability that I immigrate from one country to another, move from one city to another, and land up living "down the road" from my previous self?

To her credit tho, she did supply me with her private email address if I needed to ask her more questions about this. I will be taking her up on her offer.

Now my head hurts: eek:

Emilio

6. vanhalen50one50

Don't get me wrong, I believe in psychics, but they are not always the best when you learn about your past lives. They cannot give you everything that you need to heal from the experience, but a hypnotherapist can. (refer to how can I find a reputable hypnotherapist?) If the psychic is going to just tell you about your past life, you probably shouldn't do it as it can leave you worse than before, if the psychic is actually going to put you in a trance and let you experience your past life yourself this is better, but we recommend a reputable hypnotherapist licensed with International Association for Regression Research and Therapies. Hope this helps!
    Sincerely,
    VanH.

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Hi Emilio,

Welcome to the forum. Although we don't have all the answers here, I am sure we will do our best to help you figure this out! :) In any event, don't upset yourself. Strange anomolies in consciousness happen from time to time and are usually no cause for alarm. You have just had a little peek behind the fabric of the space-time-continuum, don't panic. It happens sometimes and it is intriguing but unlikely to be dangerous in any way.

While I am not by any means certain, judging by the info that you have given us I think your psychic could certainly have been on the right track. There are very competent psychics out there and some less so, so it is always wise to take care with any advice you are given, but if this experience you describe had anything to do with a past life, it would sound congruent to me with having died in a car accident in that street before.

During your experience, you had a very strong feeling that you were familiar with the streetscape, but that it was slightly changed, and even your house and its interior was familar, but slightly changed. This could be caused by a strong memory of how it 'used to be' coming through. Others here talk about having memories of past life experiences when wide awake, particularly when they find themselves in a familiar place.

If you had lived and perhaps died in that street before, this would account for your strange sensation of being a 'ghost' even though you were in fact alive this time. You may have been remembering what it was like to be 'dead'. It is possible that if you died suddenly your 'ghost' or your spirit was hanging around in the street for a while after the accident, possibly confused and disoriented and this is what you were 'remembering' the other night. It is not uncommon in cases of sudden accidental death, for the spirit to be a bit muddled and to hang about the scene until they figure out what has happened.

I would be interested in the details of the Italian dream you had. That might be very relevant, particularly if you don't usually remember dreams at all. What do you remember about it? Because it seems to have been involved as a trigger, the content of that dream might shed some light on the whole scenario.

8. emilio

emilio New Member

Hello Tanguerra - thank you for your thoughts.

You wrote (in part): "What do you remember about it? Because it seems to have been involved as a trigger, the content of that dream might shed some light on the whole scenario".

This is what is so frustrating. I don't recall any of it except that when I saw those houses (in reality), I remembered that I'd dreamt of them while in Italy. But I cannot recall what the dream was about, or anything more than I dreamt about them.

So you understand my confusion? Granted, I am trying to find logical sence of this experience, but what I don't understand is this:

I dream of the houses in December while in Italy.
    These houses are (in Canada) and I have driven past them numerous times before and not felt anything.

Granted, from what the psychic told me, I concluded that I must have driven past right at the time of "his" (my) death. Or as you suggested Tanguerra, that his (my) ghost was hanging around after the accident.

But my big question is why this experience? Was / am I supposed to learn something from this?

I've had "deja Vu" experiences before, of both the past and the near future, but nothing like this. This really scared the crap out of me because it was in reality, and at the same time I want to know this 19 / 20 year old that was me in a previous lifetime.

Am I wrong in thinking that this happened for a reason, like it was a message and I'm just not getting it?

Again thanks for all your thoughts. - Emilio

9. vanhalen50one50

You might try regression, there are cd's that are guided regression cd's, I would recommend reading some books on Past Lives, Especially Roger Woolger and Carol Bowman. I suggest Roger Woolger's Healing Your Past Lives, it has a guided regression cd with it and it usually runs about $20 because it has the cd. Both Carol and Roger know how to talk to the reader, in their books I always seem to get into it very easily and thats a problem with non-fiction books for me. This is very interesting, keep us posted on any new developments! :thumbsup:

Sincerely,
    VanH.

10. tanguerra

Hi Emilio,

Again I underline, don't be upset about this, take it easy and it will be easier to get to the bottom of it. Don't try too hard or you will tend to put more obstacles in your own way. If you say you have frequent deja vu experiences, this is a sign that you are sensitive to this stuff and, also, possibly that there is a message trying to come through from your 'subconscious'. Just be chill and let it float up by itself.

1. The dream - if you can't remember details, that's ok. Just find a quiet place to lie down close your eyes and recall whatever image you can from the dream - if it is just the two houses, that's fine. Picture that as clearly as you can, but don't get upset if it is fuzzy at first. (Don't keep saying to yourself "I'm no good at this. I can't remember, this isn't working.....") Just go with the first image that comes up and trust that. Was it day or night? Were there people around or not? Just keep it simple. You will be surprised what you can remember when you tell your intellectual mind to 'butt out' for a minute. When the image is as clear as it is going to get, then just try to think of the basic emotion in the dream - happiness, fear, nostalgia, excitement... There is no correct answer. There is only what you know inside you. We are looking for clues like Sherlock Holmes.

2. Why is this happening now? Well, there is a long answer and a short answer to that, but one simple answer could be there is possibly something going on in your present life which would benefit from you learning 'something' from this previous life experience - whatever it is. If you could try to get into the emotions of the experience you had (rather than fussing about the details and scientific explanations) you might get some insight. These things are more often than not to do with relationships and life lessons. But without more information I can't give you any more hints than that. How is everything in your present life emotional world? Anything upsetting going on? Somebody die recently? Getting married/divorced? That sort of thing.

3. Regression - yes, very useful and a good idea. It is really just a structured way for you to get access to all this information which is inside of you, but you are not used to accessing it. If professional regression is not feasible the tapes are good introductions to teaching you to relax and call up this information yourself to your conscious mind.

11. emilio

emilio New Member

Tanguerra, you make me smile (thank you for that - I needed it)

I am exhausted and ready for bed. Tomorrow i'll try to do as you suggested and then reply to your post with the attention it deserves.

Before I go tho, you asked (in part): "If you could try to get into the emotions of the experience you had (rather than fussing about the details and scientific explanations) you might get some insight."

That ones easy. Before I "realized" that I must be "dead", I just took it in stride, even if it did confuse me. I just thought "wow what a trip - i gotto get out of this cold", kind of thing) However, when the thought hit me that I was dead, my emotions went from disbelief, to "be careful of what you wish for" (i'll explain that tomorrow), to panic, to sadness for the people left behind and how they would deal with my "death", to an unbelievable lonelyness and a sense of loss, to "i'm not done with this life yet", to anger and denial, and i think the last thought i had was a refusal to believe that i was dead. Which is why i just walked inside.

And even tho I had the same "this is someone else's now " sensation when I climbed into my bed, that same denial / anger rose in me and some thought of "that was too bad because I am in it (the bed) now, and they will just have to deal with it".

And that was the last conscious thought I had before I fell asleep.

See you tomorrow.

12. tanguerra

Sweet dreams wandering spirit.

Perhaps you will have the dream that tells you what is going on? Or at least gives you another clue.

Have a think about the sadness/anger of the people left behind and what is happening in your relationships with them now and perhaps what went through your mind during the experience - unfinished business? If something were to happen to you this life (hopefully not!) but if it did, what is left undone? Perhaps this is the message? Are all your relationships in good working order? This is just an example of the 'sort of thing' that might be contained in a message from the 'other world'.

You know the answers to these questions better than anyone else, though. Don't forget that.

:)

13. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Emilio,

Have you thought of trying to research the fatal car accidents that may have taken place in your area that involved a 19-20 year old male?

You may be able to find out when the houses on your street were built to get a time frame.

I'm also curious about what prompted your trip to Italy and am wondering if that has anything to do with this episode that happened to you. For example, if you think it is possible that you immigrated from Italy, do you have particular feelings for Italy? Is that what made you go there? Did you have any other feelings while you were in Italy? Feelings of familiarity or maybe even being able to understand some of the language without having learned it?

Vicky

14. emilio

emilio New Member

Hello Vicky

In response to your questions: Re: the car accident / and house were I am living.

Yes, tomorrow I will start off by going to city hall to first find out when this house was built. The answer I get, and some simple arithmetic, will answer the question if he (me) lived here before. I will find out when the house was built, who lived here, and once I have a name, do some research as to when they died, etc.

The answer about Italy is relatively simple. I am very drawn to Italy and have been going there since I was a teen. But altho I have had deja vu experiences there (only one that I recall), my family comes from Italy and I still have family that lives there. So my attraction for Italy might be purely based on the fact of the family connection. And it is a beautiful place! :)

Whether I have actually lived there previously? Dunno. But I have a great suspicion that I have lived in South Africa before this life time. And as of yet I cannot explain why this yearning for Canada, (which I have had since I was a kid, and which is where I now live) except for the feeling that when, and if, I find a particular place, a lot of questions will be answered. The thing is that I am not sure I want to find those answers.

Whenever I think of this I become very sad, and it overwhelms me. Like I lost something that I will never get back.

15. emilio

emilio New Member

Tanguerra, you're right, I do need to chill. At times I'm like a bulldog with a bone.

I've also realized that my previous post about my emotions was about my emotions at the time of the actual episode, and not the emotions I felt in my dream.

(just tried to do some meditating and I don't think I managed to get it right, but at least i am calmer now)

Onto your post: "2. Why is this happening now?" I think I have the most "logical" reason, altho the psychic discounted it.

I will try to keep this short: For whatever my attraction to Canada may be, since I arrived here about 7 years ago, it has been an uphill battle, and my life has gone downhill. In every possible way. Depression set in, and I am not going to go into details, but I have often thought that "it (my life) may as well be over with".

So the logical explanation is "be careful of what you wish for". At the time of the incident, and what I haven't said before out of embarrasement, were my thoughts about "it being over with". Like the incident was a taste of what it would be like if my life was over? I remember the question being asked if I was happy now, and if this is what I really wanted. The answer was obviously no.

Did I bring this on myself? Maybe. But it was a good wake-up call of sorts.

As far as regressing on my own? Too scared to do it because I know "stuff" is going to come up that I am going to need help with. Especially the one "dream" I had of being reincarnated and at the time of the reincarnation there was another "spirit" about and we "fought" as to who was going to be reborn.

I have carried that guilt around me for as long as I can remember.

16. tanguerra

Aha! Now we are getting down to it. I am not surprised there are some very strong emotions churning around beneath this very vivid 'show stopping' experience.

I thought perhaps that experience of remembering having died young and unexpectedly in an accident might be a reminder of some sort to focus on urgency in getting something done, or sorted out which might be 'stuck' for you at the moment.

Bear one thing in mind, which is that whatever the reasons you are in this incarnation there is 'something' you are supposed to be doing regardless of how you got here, or what may have gone wrong last time. Guilt is a waste of energy and a distraction from more important matters (such as forgiveness). It sounds as though perhaps your issues are fairly serious, in which case I would certainly think it would be beneficial to seek out a good professional regressionist. There is a 'sticky' on this subject at the front of the forum.

Even if trying meditation only achieves relaxation, that is a good start. Like everything in life it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it, so keep trying and it will get easier - even if it only helps you to remain calm that is a good thing. Looking forward to the next installment.

17. dumpster06

dumpster06 New Member

i also remember dreaming about a hall which lots of people were dancing in, and also i remember some people that were there. people were dancing in old fashioned clothes - the women in the wide dresses.
    the weird thing is i mentioned this to 2 people, they completed the story before i had finished telling them it, and i remember the people who they said they were. 1 of these people is my current girlfriend.

i also remember a couple of other details about this hall..there was a staircase hidden under a panel in the floor or something. there was something important down there.
    i also remember being shot in the head down there...

please reply with what you think, thanks

18. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi dumpster06,

Welcome to the forum :)

I'd suggest you start by reading through the FAQ section. There are lots of great threads and information there.

Edgar Cayce once said, "Dreams, visions, impressions, to the entity in the normal sleeping state are the presentations of the experiences necessary for the development, if the entity would apply them in the physical life.

Imo, all dreams have something to tell us – if we are listening. Whether they are dreams that are past life related, or they are rooted in a current life issue, many dreams offer solutions to our problems – or are a way of releasing the stress held within the body.

Past life dreams are different from the norm in that they:Edit

1) Contain historical information
    2) Are unchanging in events and details
    3) Are outside of our experiences in this life
    4) Are highly emotional

They have a much different “feel” from a regular dream.

Also – a past life dream may show itself when something is “triggering” it in our present life – such as a pattern about to repeat itself.

Do you happen to keep a dream journal? That may assist you in finding more clues to your dreams.

If you're interested in learning more about your past lives, you may find the thread How can I learn about my past lives? to be helpful.

Ailish

19. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Dumpster06 and welcome to the forum! :)

Ailish has already given you some great advice on how to get started. I also suggest you write down every little detail you can remember from the dancing hall dream, and if you think your friends have shared the same dream, ask them to do the same. Then you can compare your notes to see if they match, and it's also good for later reference. You could also try to think which era and country "feel" right for the dream.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Karoliina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.