Is Your "Third Eye" Open?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by BriarRose, Feb 9, 2013.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Does anyone feel that since joining the forum, their third eye is opening? That was always a foreign concept to me, and I felt skeptical when someone discussed the topic. I find, in my own case, that I am having more psychic experiences since posting here. In my reading, I find references to the "third eye" opening being PL related, and in some cases being very disorienting. I would think you would have to be a lot more "advanced" than I am to have this happen. typing Does anyone else have experiences or opinions to relate? I don't want to sound flippant about this. I'm now more aware that this can happen, if not to me, then to others.

2. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Excellent question BriarRose! :D

For myself, I think my Third Eye is opening. For the last 6 months or so, when I enter into a meditative state, the area in the middle of my forehead feels like someone is pressing on it. I've read that this indicates that the Third Eye is opening. I've always been skeptical of this sort of thing (good scientific/secular upbringing), so was very surprised to experience it! I have come to accept the feeling as an indication that something is trying to be shown to me, but can't yet quite get through the 'doorway' ;) I am hoping with time and practice, the doorway/third eye will open fully, once I am ready to experience what the subconscious is trying to show me. I'm still not exactly sure what the Third Eye is though, but having experienced it's existence, I can be sure that something is there!

3. BriarRose

I feel like the "floodgates" are opening - that something I was holding back is rushing forward. I've read there can be huge energy rushes that prevent sleep. I haven't experienced that, just disorienting feelings that reality is "tilting". In spite of what I post on the forum, in my "real" life I am known as a "down to earth" person, as I'm sure you are, helz.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Try moving consciousness into the heart center and then back up to the third eye area. Try laying down and do the following:

• close your eyes
    • be present IN your body
    • move your hand over your heart center -about 5 inches above
    • FEEL the vibration in your heart center
    • Let go (listen for the sound of silence)- notice how consciousness expands

For me, past life experiences surface when merging the third eye center (which is different than the mind and is often referred to as the sixth chakra) and heart center. When the the two become one, awareness expands and a door opens. ;)

Hope this helps.

Dipanwita Saha likes this.
  5. BriarRose

Thank you, Deborah. So many of the things I've been reading about this subject are coming from "doubtful" internet blogs. To be honest, I'm a little afraid. I did find one site that linked the third eye opening to the past solstice. It was called a "dimensional shift." I suspect that this may be happening to more people than helz and myself. There have been threads going about auras, and seeing faces when the individual's eyes are closed. I hope others post their experiences, and opinions. I will try the practice you described. It's hard to be spiritual when you're a mother! lol No privacy!

6. helz_belz

Thank you for the guidance Deborah :) I think I have tried that meditation before, and it was that that started the opening of my third eye! BriarRose, I agree, this is all a little scarey, but I have come to the conclusion that the Universe only gives us as much as we can deal with and handle, so there is no need to be afraid. I have felt the energy rushes you describe, and have learnt breathing excercises to calm the energy. it is like a rush from the feet going up my spine! and yes, I am considered down to earth like you are. that is what makes me think there is more to all this than just imagination :)

7. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Well, from what I've read, the third eye is connected with the pineal gland, or to say it properly, the plineal gland is the physical anchor of the third eye.

There are ways to activate the pineal gland, I don't like artificial methods, so I'll only mention meditation and stereoscopical vision, that is, these 3D drawings and videos you can easily find in the internet. The pineal gland is like a muscle, the more you train, the more activated will be. As a consequence, it produces more melatonin, hormone related with visualization. You also can have more lucid dreams and you can even learn to astral project. I don't think it can be dangerous, but I'm not an expert.

Since I started to meditate last year I had a slight sense in a couple of occasions in the center of the forehead, like a pressure, as Helz mentioned before. And I did start having more lucid dreams, so I think there must be some truth in all this.

I've read that more and more people are going to experience these symptoms and that we are going to be more aware of "the other side", that is, we're going to be able to feel or sense the presence of ghosts around us and we are going to realize that death is not the end and that our conciousness survives. I'm hoping this also will let us know better about of our past lives, if more and more people are aware of this "reality" I have no doubt that could mean a real shift in our awareness. If this is true or not, I guess we'll only have to wait and see.

8. BriarRose

I read the same things about the "consciousness" shift, Eowyn. I am beginning to wonder if that may be in progress. I live in California - when the earth tilts it is usually the San Andreas fault! I'm working on "centering" exercises that I was kindly sent by a member. I'm even having dreams that I'm "graduating". They are very joyful dreams in which I think, "Free at last!"

9. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

The Third Eye (or Brow Chakra)

The Third Eye is also known as the Brow (or Ajna) Chakra whose area of influence is located in the center of the forehead and is reported (in ancient times) to be connected to the now atrophied, Pineal Gland in the back of the Brain.

The Third Eye (or Brow Chakra) is also known as the "Minds Eye", and moving upwards from the base of the spine towards the crown of the head, it is number Six (out of Seven Chakras) in the upwards movement and it's associated color is Violet and as mentioned before, it has long been associated with the partially dormant Pineal Gland, which is located between the two hemispheres of the Brain.

It has often been associated with Astral Projection (AP), Out of Body Experiences (OOBE) and possibly Lucid Dreaming (LD), it helps the individual to look inwards, but more importantly, it may help the individual to look outwards, into the World he now occupies.

It is no coincidence that in ancient times, when the ability to see the Aura was greater, that the "Inner Light" projecting from the crown of a holy man, a saint or other enlightened persons was Gold, a color identified with highly evolved Souls, as evidenced by the Gold Ring, emanating from the crown of the head of a highly developed being.

Just my thoughts on the subject. :)

10. BriarRose

Thank you, Hydrolad. That was really interesting, and well said. Does anyone think that perhaps the Pineal Gland is becoming less atrophied, and the "shift" everyone talked about in 2012 is coming from that? Is that even possible? Does anyone know if autopsies have been done on famous psychics to see what their pineal gland was like? Sorry if I'm going "off the deep end". I often do! :laugh:

11. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I've recently experienced the pressure in my third eye area that you mentioned, Helz, almost to the point where it's been somewhat distracting during meditation! I was quite surprised when I felt it, especially as I knew you'd experienced something similar. To me it's a pressure and an irritation. A buzzing. An accute awareness of that area.

I'm one of the people that you mentioned as seeing faces, BriarRose. That's been happening for the past year or so and the past life info has been coming through much clearer for me since October, so perhaps the faces were one of the first signs that my ability to visualise was increasing.

12. BriarRose

I was attempting to research this on the internet, Whippoorwill. You never know how valid information of this type may be, but seeing faces was mentioned. Also, seeing just an eye, which is what happens to me. It's a beautiful eye, or I would think I was being watched by "Mordor".:laugh:Sometimes, I see a face that looks like a lion. The blog said that the faces you see are connected to the vibration level you give out. The other day my sister-in-law saw a face while she was meditating. She asked who it was, and the face answered "I am just a face" and floated away. We were both puzzled by that one.

13. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

Thanks for looking that up, BriarRose! I was very interested to see so many people on the forum experiencing a similar phenomenon. It's interesting that you see an eye! But yes, you wouldn't want to feel like Saruman, with Sauron infiltrating your mind! Haha! The lion face sounds so intriguing and I'm half amused and half disturbed by your sister-in-law's experience! :laugh:

14. BriarRose

Another web site said that if you see an eye looking at you, it is your own third eye, and it's open. I've been seeing it for years. I just thought I was crazy, or overly imaginative. All of those reading this will probably identify with those feelings! The vibration you feel, Whippoorwill, is a sign of the eye opening. I can not figure the lion out. It's a female, and looks like Azlan from the Narnia books. Sometimes, I see a tunnel. (A little afraid to go down it!) Swirling colors of purple and blue were mentioned. The things I see are black and white. Seeing gold auras, as Hydrolad mentioned, was listed on the site.

15. helz_belz

speaking of seeing an eye, I saw one briefly last night as I was falling asleep. It was very large, possibly a left eye and female. It was so large and detailed it shocked me back awake!

16. BriarRose

That's the eye, Helz. It's female, quite beautiful, and framed with long lashes.

17. helz_belz

yes, thats what it looked like, with long lashes! glad to know I'm not going nuts :)

18. BriarRose

I wonder if the eye appears the same to everyone? And why is it female? Intuition is often called "feminine intuition". Could this have something to do with ying and yang (masculine/feminine) in the universe? I know everyone, male and female, has both energies, and as we mature, they become more balanced. Either that, or we're being haunted by the same woman, Helz.

19. helz_belz

thats a good question! If many people all experience the same vision of the 'eye', then there must be something to it, it would be very easy for us all to see different eyes, but the same one?

you never know BriarRose, maybe the lady who's eye we've seen knew us both in a PL! :D

20. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

My serious awareness of past lives and me joining the forum date back to 7 years ago now, and even though being aware of your past lives make you being more aware of some things you weren't conscious before, I doubt it's because we're "opening our third eye". I think it's just simply how the mind works, when we notice something or when we're interested in something we tend to see it everywhere, also when we find out something new.

For example, most of our lives we go around without being able to see the prana/chi/ or the optical illusion that makes us see all those dots in the sky, once we learn to see them, we can see them any time we want, we didn't open a chakra, we just learnt how to do it. Same with stereograms you don't see them until you start seeing them, it's not a spiritual learning, it's a mental learning, a physical one.Also, one of my psychology teachers said once that when she was pregnant, she was noticing all of a sudden all these pregnant women in the street. Does it mean that they weren't there before? No, just that her attention wasn't on it.

So the same I think it happens with reincarnation. If we are on a reincarnation forum obviously our attention is drawn to the subject and to similar things, so we notice them more, but only because our attention is on it. Also, the same way we learn how to recognize memories from dreams and other things, we get deeper psychological insight that make us being able to realize other things as well we might not have been paying attention to before. But to me the whole process is mental and has nothing to do with opening other chakras.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what opening a chakra will imply in the practical tangible sense.