Italy -research and documentation

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Jun 18, 2006.

1. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

Man o man was I jumping up and down when I wrote the post above. So I apoligize if I pushed someones buttons. Like Deborah, I'm curious as to why those of you who do the research find it nessicary?

Jack

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Jack,

I was thinking about this today. I think there is a difference between looking for proof, and looking for validations. I think it is easy for people to fall into the trap of acceptance - without critical examination. Which is a bummer. This can lead to confusion as well as a lack of interest in the concept later on in life.

To me - proof is the complete identification of the past life persona. Such as Angela's experience, the story of Capt. Chet Snow or Jeff Keene's. They lend an extreme amount of credence to the concept - the experience, and the reality of past lives.

Validation I think can be just as important for the individual. It helps a person move past the constant questioning of - is it fantasy? Small physical validations that are linked with deeply help thoughts, feelings and emotions speak volumes. Such as the wine barrels in this thread for me.

To me, some form of research is necessary in order to keep oneself grounded. Otherwise, what are we to make of the experiences?

The premise you present - about the relationships and patterns between life times - is of course the most important to me personally. It is what my book will focus on. : angel

3. Anibelle

Anibelle Probationary

I think, were I ever to have an experience, I would want to research it in order learn more about that life. But only if it were good. Or if something traumatic happened that effected my now life.

4. Deborah

Side note, I have found that for me, it is the SMALL validations that mean so much. Like the large wine barrels, the low barn windows, the fact that red grapes are grown in the higher elevations, and the homes with slanted roofs.

Anibelle, for me, embracing the good the bad and the ugly has enabled me to embrace others with compassion, to expand my understanding of self and others. ;)

5. Deborah

Some of you might get a kick out of this HUGE Wine Barrel. This is what I remember - as I stated in post # 3 the one I am standing next to doesn't even come close. I was researching on the internet last night and came across several images that revealed that some Italian wine barrels are larger than - well, larger than I would have ever been able imagine! ;) But my experiences told me they were and after several years of doubting my memories - I see - they were that BIG!

6. vanhalen50one50

vanhalen50one50 Senior Registered

THAT IS SO BIG!!! WOW I would never think that they made them that big, I knew that there were some big ones but I couldn't imagine a wine barrel that big! :D

7. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Whoa! That is massive!!! :eek: Thank you for sharing the photo – just amazing! And an awesome validation too! :D

8. Deborah

You're welcome. ;)

9. Deborah

I thought I would share an experience I had the other day while on the chiropractors water massage table. It happened quickly -- but didn't last long.

I was in Italy, I was probably in my mid twenties and wearing a long skirt. It was in the 1920's. I was on a train and I had opened the back door of the cab (car) I was on. I was peering out the door and looking down at the railroad tracks as the train sped along. I could hear the locomotive, the metal wheels on the rails and was fascinated by the sound, the speed and how the train worked.

Someone came up behind me and reached for the door over my shoulder and told me to get back inside the cab. I wasn't suppose to be hanging out the back. There was another car (cab) attached to the one I was in, and I could clearly see it. Even though it was 1920 - the train felt like an older model.

The chiropractor jarred me out of the altered state....bummer. But -- it is an experience that I can still feel, hear, and am in touch with. I can only wonder why? Perhaps I was traveling somewhere that was significant. Perhaps I will know why in the years to come. Gotta love the little things. ;)