Jack the Ripper

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Miss Kelly, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

So when I was about 7, I saw this film about Jack the Ripper and the last victim Mary Kelly really grabbed my attention (probably because of her last name being the same as mine).

I was actually scared to write about this because it freaks me out but I guess it cant hurt (maybe my pride though if I come off as nuts).

Anyway, for some reason Mary Kelly stuck in my head and a couple of years a go I researched her in depth. Its weird because all the details about her match me, we have the same appearance, same last name, we're both irish born and have a bit of welsh going on, she lived in London like me, she liked to sing and also had alcohol problems ( yes im a 16 year old with a drinking problem).

Ive had quite a few victorian dreams involving street lamps for some reason but the only thing is, the dream about paris seems to clash with the possiblity of me being her unless I got the time period wrong (wich is possible).

So, thinking about her randomly yesterday, I re-watched this Jack the Ripper film and did more research. Unfortuantely it must have got to my head because for only the second time in my life, I had sleep paralysis this morning and dreamt of being slashed in the throat twice with a sythe (however its spelt) by this grim reaper looking figure when I tried to sit up wich made me gasp like I was suffocating. Weirdly though, I wasnt that scared because I knew it wasnt real and I felt so happy and alive afterwards like I got an adrenaline rush out of it (felt like going sky diving haha).

However, despite the dream/sleep paralysis and the fact that I have a phobia of things touching my neck (and wrists though) I have this feeling that Mary Kelly wasnt even the person killed and that it was one of the other prostitutes that she used to let live with her, she found the body and took her chance to move back to Ireland (theres loads of evidence for this) or at least I hope it wasnt her because I feel emotionally attached to her. I, like
    she did, also have deep desire to move to Ireland because, I dont know, it just seems like my way to happiness and freedom ( I have a major thing for big irish guys too haha).

Btw Im also pretty sure Jack the Ripper was actually that poet guy ( I keep forgetting his name) that lived near Mary, I might add a link to the profile for him later.

Sorry about my grammar and spelling, im sort of falling asleep , thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  2. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

That's pretty scarey! No, it's not 'nuts'. These kinds of things happen a lot more than people think, because we can't talk about it without fear of ridicule, so people tend not to share their stories except in places like this forum.

It's certainly possible that you lived in that time and were around while all this was going on, which is why this is a trigger for you. Feeling strong emotional pulls towards places and times in this way is usually a big clue. Whether you were actually one of the victims is possible, but not definite without more memories. It was a very sensational case at the time of course, and no doubt would have been very much on people's minds in those days. As you say, you may have been a friend of one of the victims also.

Coinicidences between your life and hers may be indicative, but are not confirmation on their own. However, if the resemblance is strong, that could be an indicator. People often resemble their past life selves, although exactly how and why this is, is a bit of a mystery. Some people on the forum have described an eerie feeling looking into their own eyes in a photograph of their previous selves however. Do you get a funny feeling looking at the photo of Mary Kelly?

[​IMG]

However, a word of caution. It is not unusual for people who lived at the same time, or were in the same 'orbit' as famous people, or events to come to the conclusion that they were that person or were involved, because they evoke strong emotional responses.

Keep working on it. Do some meditation on it, if it's not too frightening and upsetting for you. See what else you may come up with? Have you had a look in the FAQ section? There are a lot of tips in there on how to find out more about past lives.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Hey thanks for the help, im glad someone understands. Im begginning to think that perhaps I wasnt Mary Kelly but someome close to her (maybe I should look at people who were connected to paris and knew her).
    Is that actually a picture of her? I looked everywhere trying to find one, its weird seeing what she looked like but I don't get any vibes from it. The basic physical attributes I read about match me but I have to say that the women in the picture doesnt look much like me afterall but does look freakly like someone else I know (her ears especially).

4. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Member

I recently read a memoir by a woman who grew up in the area of London where Jack the Ripper killed. She lived there long after his time period, but her grandmother was alive at the time. She said her grandmother believed that Jack the Ripper was actually a midwife who had gone insane from doing abortions for prostitutes.

Miss Kelly and tanguerra like this.
  5. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Yes. That's her.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/body-of-jack-the-rippers-irish-victim-to-be-exhumed-for-answers

But, as you say, you could have been mixed up in it all somehow since it seems to give you a strong feeling about it.

You may find this interesting.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  6. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Oh wow, that video gave me some mega chills (Oh my goodness that was intense!). Thanks so much for posting that its very interesting to hear about and the midwife theory is really interesting too. I definitely feel that Mary Kelly (or Elizabeth Davies) was the key to the case because she stands out from the other victims (she doesn't fit the age pattern for a start). I have to say that the names all sound kind of weirdly familiar, it freaks me out. Anyway, the picture of Mary kelly looks like my 'best friend' (I sort of hate her behind her back although that sounds horrible, she really makes me angry sometimes and I'm waiting for the right moment to tell her I'm finished with her) from real life without makeup on and much older with a slight difference in the nose lips and cheekbones but the ears, eyes and hair are almost identical. Oh and her last name is 'Barnett' like Joseph Barnett (Mary Kelly's boyfriend) lol.

And may I add that I have a severe phobia of anything to do with neck or wrist cutting (its like I mildly feel the pain) so when he mentioned that bit I had to crab my neck lol.

This is all so strange :confused:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    tanguerra likes this.
  7. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Sounds like a past life memory to me.

As interesting as it is to find out who you were in a past life (and it is fascinating), the importance of this work is what it means to us on a deeper level. Every life we learn things (often the hard way) and we can carry these lessons into the present life. Sometimes these memories start coming up to give us a warning. Sometimes a present life situation feels strangely familiar, because, well, it is.

Look for the patterns. Try not to obsess too much about it. Things will come by themselves. Sometimes a lot at once, then nothing for a long time. Write it all down.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  8. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Thanks a billion for the advice :)

I have a rough dream journal dating back years so maybe I'm going to make a separate journal for the dreams I think are past life related or anything to do with reincarnation that comes to me!

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi Miss Kelly, welcome to the forum. I'm quite knowledgeable on Jack the Ripper, having been interested in his case, and in life in Victorian London in general ever since a friend lent me a book about it some 35 years ago, it fascinated me and I must have seen every movie and read countless books on the subject. The problem with those movies is that nearly all of them are embellished with the common belief that Jack prowled the foggy streets of London in a black cape and top hat, carrying a surgeons bag (for example), and this isn't how it was at all. What I'm trying to say is, don't take too much notice of those movies, but instead, try reading a book like "The People of the Abyss" by Jack London, it's very cheap on Kindle or iBooks (49p is the cheapest version), and it's a first-hand account of what life was like in Whitechapel at the turn of the century without any focus on the murders at all.

I believe that I had a past life around this time and that book really stirred some powerful images in my mind, it put me right back there and I could almost smell the filth and poverty of East London oozing out of the pages. And it hardly mentions the Ripper, so there's nothing there that can plant a seed in your mind, but instead it will impress upon you how people lived and struggled around the time of the murders, and I believe that can put you in a better frame of mind to jolt some memories without being prompted by any single persons' perception of how it was and how the murders occurred, most of it is false, and a lot of books on the Ripper are false too as most of them are written by authors who weren't there.

Miss Kelly and tanguerra like this.
  10. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Maybe go back over your dream journal too and see if anything relates? You never know.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  11. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Thanks for the advice everyone :D

tanguerra likes this.
  12. rawrcookies

rawrcookies New Member

Actually that's apparently a woman named Lizzie Williams, a possible suspect of the murders. From the crime scene photos Mary seemed to quite small. I kind of have a connection to Mary to I believe. I'm not sure how but a few years ago I had a very vivid dream that I was standing in her single room home looking over her bed. I felt peaceful almost like I was happy and in MY home. The thing is I have never had a interest in the ripper case and had no idea about any of the details, victims, ect but probably 6 months after that I was super bored so I decided to look Jack The Ripper up on Wikipedia. I almost passed out when I came across the photo of a dead body in the bed I had been standing over. The table was there in my dream too. I'm not really sure what to think of it all. Maybe I was Mary, maybe I killed her. Probably was just some super crazy dream.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  13. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Wow, that's strange! Thank you for sharing rawrcookies! If you saw all the details you couldn't know about then I would think that it was more than just a dream. I myself haven't dreamt about anything I didn't already know. But whether or not you or me are connected to this in anyway, I just hope Mary Kelly and all the other victims are in better places, having happier lives. It makes me so sad to think about this case.

14. Stephen Ari Bendavid

Stephen Ari Bendavid New Member

Hi Miss Kelly..I greatly enjoyed your post ! I may have actually known you in 1888 Whitechapel. I have always been without any known reason deeply attracted to Mitre Square where Catherine Eddows met her demise. I do not think I was Catherine but an acquaintance of her. Also in this life I live in New England. I was in London as a child but I do not believe I was in Whitechapel. However, I frequently go to Google Earth and visit Mitre Square. It actually gives me a chill, but I can navigate from Mitre Square to all kinds of places in White Chapel. I seem to know exactly where I a
    Hi Miss Kelly...i read your post with great interest. I may indeed have known you in 1888 Whitechapel. I am very much drawn to Mitre Square where Catherine Eddows met her.demise. I am pretty sure i was an acquaintance of Catherine and some of the other unfortunate women. I was probably one who was lucky not to become a victim. In my present life i live in New England. Now this part is strange. I can go onto Google Earth and visit Mitre Square. From there i can navigate easily to just about anywhere in Whitechapel. Just like i am walking down familiar streets. I wish to go on oe of the Jack the Ripper tours. This is a fascinating subject !

Miss Kelly likes this.
  15. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I seem to recall that this was a rented room. You might have had it in the years just prior? After, just feels too icky to think about ...

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Kelly's room continued to be inhabited after the murder. In an interview in 1959, a Mrs Little claimed that her mother moved into the premises soon after the murder. She said that there was a picture of the Crucifixion on the wall, and behind the picture was a bloody imprint of a hand which, no matter how many times it was painted over, always showed through.

17. lilly

lilly Registered

If you are interested about life in London in these times, especially in the poorer areas then really good book is "The Blackest Streets" by Sarah Wise. She describes very well living and work conditions of these times, how poor were treated (workhouses, policies and etc) and much more. I think this book would help to get "acquainted with Victorian Era life and perhaps it will help you to see the details you otherwise would miss :)

18. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Thank you very much Stephen! I didn't even realize there were Jack the Ripper tours, I'll have to check that out too.