Johnny the Race car driver

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kingsley Reister, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Kingsley Reister

Kingsley Reister Member

My youngest son showed signs of a past life early on. I remember doing the same as a child but I was made fun of by my parents and siblings. Even though I was very religious when my son was young, I still knew there was something unusual going on. He is an "old soul" like I am and is something that most people he meets see in him. He is now 24 and has struggled with depression most of his life. Since I suffer the same I always put it to just heredity which it might be. I watched a video of Carol speaking on Youtube today which brought me here as much of what she said strikes home.

My son was born in the fall of 1994 and I named him John. To the family he has always been called Johnny. He always had a fascination with race cars even when he could barely communicate. I remember clearly when he was about 18 months, we were flipping through stations on the tv and passed a stock car race. He pitched a fit until we went back to it. He got his cars and sat there and played with them while he watched. From that time one we all started watching the races as a family because he was so obsessed with them. As he got a bit older between 2 and 3 he insisted he was a race car driver. He did not say that he "was" but that he "is". We started buying him cards with the drivers on them and by three he could sit there and tell me their names as I went through them. When ever we got to Johnny Benson he would get over joyed and yell that it was him. About three and a half we were all so into it now that we drove him six hours away to go to the Dallas speedway. It is very loud so we all wore ear protection but he LOVED it. He would jump up and down when the cars came by and you could feel the vibrations. Unlike most 3 year olds he was completely fixed on the race most of the 4 or 5 hours it took. Eventually he was so worn out he fell asleep leaning on his dad. We took pictures because we could not believe a kid could fall asleep 10 rows from where the cars where wizzing by. That was about the last 45 mins of the race. When we were walking in a spectator near where we were parked asked him "Who's your favorite?" he said said proudly "Johnny Bennson because that's ME!"

His obsession with cars and racing never went away though he eventually stopped talking about past racing in the first person. He had a Datsun from 1980 in high school that he rebuilt (all self taught) and took to a few small town races. Unfortunately his need for speed ended up with the Datsun around a tree the fall he turned 18. He was pinned for 45 mins and life-flighted. The firemen could not believe he was up and about when he showed up two days later at the station to thank them. Other than a 3rd degree burn where his leg was pinned and a couple of fractures in his leg he was not seriously hurt.

He ended up going to a tech school the last year of high school and then to a year of school in Houston for mechanics. He now has a restoration and repair shop with his best friend. They are working towards entering the young gun competition next year. He has an obsession still with old cars having another Datsun and a 1954 Chrysler that he is restoring. The problem is, he struggles daily with depression and I worry about loosing him to it.

I want to get him help, and I have started researching other John/Johnny's that passed before him that were race car drivers. It seems overwhelming and I for one do not know how to get him the right help mentally or where to start in this research. I research ancestry and am very good at that so I figure I can apply those skills if I know how to focus in the right things. Help and suggestions would be most welcomed. My hope is to get him some help with the depression without mentioning anything I might find out. We have told stories over the years so he has some memory of why we all got into racing.

Li. La., landsend and Jim78 like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum John's Mom, I'm sorry that you and your son are plagued with depression.The resolution for that is sometimes difficult, but I'm satisfied that it resides within us. That is an interesting story, and should be easy to research given that much information although when I Googled the name I only found links to currently living people with names close to that.

Li. La. likes this.
  3. Kingsley Reister

Kingsley Reister Member

Thank you for the welcome. My name is Kingsley :). Yes Johnny Bennson is alive I think that it is more about the name Johnny/John. I found a list of all the drivers that have passed with that name before 1994. The key thing I am honing in on is the utter obsession with Datsuns and someone that had their hands on with the cars as he picks it up so easily.

I just remembered one other thing. We think it was a crash because even before he could communicate he would scream and cry if we put the car in drive before everyone in the car had their seat belt clicked. Even at 17 he wanted to get a 4 point harness for his Datsun... what teen wants that?

Li. La. and Speedwell like this.
  4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I relate to you story as I have had lifelong depression related to my past life.

One of my earliest memories is of a very retro red looking car that I'd fantasise about driving around. As I recently uncovered my past life memories, I recalled more of this car and was able to confirm that this car was a 1954 Buick Roadmaster (through living family members of past self).

How great that your son is able to still drive around Datsuns and Chryslers. That must be a great source of joy for him, at least. Also notice that you must be in Texas -- my past self lived in Ft. Worth, Texas. I still feel very connected to Texas, so when you spoke about the Dallas Speedway it made me smile. Ironically I now live opposite a road where an old Speedway used to be, but not in America, in Great Britain. It's a small world as they say.

Although I wouldn't out rule that your son had a past life as a racing car driver, it might also be that his past self was fascinated with cars/drove cars as a hobby as opposed to a professional race car driver. That's always something to take into account, too. It might be worth chatting to him about the subject, and see if he's willing to undergo any hypnosis/past life regression therapy.

Kingsley Reister and Li. La. like this.
  5. Kingsley Reister

Kingsley Reister Member

Landsend, I was born and raised in Texas but we are in Arkansas and have been since 1995. I have considered that perhaps he worked at the speedway since he loves to work on cars or just was around racing. I am going to talk to him to see if he is interested in learning about this. I am going to start digging but highly doubt there is anyone around here that could help him with this.