• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Just What Are My Beliefs?

andrewx

Senior Registered
I have been in the Past Life Forum for many years. Sometimes I have been enthusiastic towards posters and their beliefs. Sometimes I have been skeptical toward other posters, for which I have been criticized. So just what are my beliefs?

My religion is Judaism. The main belief of Judaism is that there is one God. This is also my belief. (Do angels exist? I do not know.)

How does reincarnation fit in to my religious beliefs? First of all, there is a place for reincarnation in traditional Judaism. Less traditional branches, or denominations of Judaism mention reincarnation less than more traditional denominations. Still, reincarnation is not forbidden Jewish thinking.

I look at reincarnation as a supplement to my religious beliefs. I look at reincarnation as well within the power of God. I look at reincarnation as possible because I believe God exists.

Do I believe in reincarnation as strongly as I believe in one God? To be absolutely honest, I am not sure if I believe in reincarnation. However, I am comfortable with the belief; it may really occur after all.

I do not believe everyone reincarnates, since I believe some people go right to Heaven after their death. I also do not belief everyone has a past-life; I personally have no such memories. Reincarnation may well occur on occasion though, included cases mentioned on this message board.

Respectfully,

Andrewx

I do believe in God. I have had paranormal/psychic experiences in the past. Perhaps the most striking one occurred in 2013. One night my furnace fan went out. I was at first concerned because I was too tired and lazy to replace two circuits, which usually restarts the furnace. However, after about two minutes, the furnace restarted itself without my doing anything to it. I immediately thought it was a paranormal/spiritual event. The next morning I found out that my uncle had died.

Look, I am a spiritual person. Even when I get critical of a poster, it always is within a framework of religious belief. I want everyone to know that.

Respectfully,

Andrewx

andrewx said:
One night my furnace fan went out. I was at first concerned because I was too tired and lazy to replace two circuits, which usually restarts the furnace. However, after about two minutes, the furnace restarted itself without my doing anything to it. I immediately thought it was a paranormal/spiritual event. The next morning I found out that my uncle had died.
Look, I am a spiritual person. Even when I get critical of a poster, it always is within a framework of religious belief. I want everyone to know that.
I have had experiences along that line. But there is also a rational explanation for the furnace blower stopping and then restarting by itself. Small motors have a built-in "thermal" protection device. When the motor starts to overheat the device opens and the motor stops. Then when the motor cools down after several minutes the bimetal strip bends back and closes the electrical contact and the motor starts again. This will continue until the overheating problem is fixed or the motor replaced. Is the furnace filter clogged and blocking air flow? If the filter is OK then the motor bearings may be wearing out and the motor will need to be replaced.

argonne1918 said:
I have had experiences along that line. But there is also a rational explanation for the furnace blower stopping and then restarting by itself. Small motors have a built-in "thermal" protection device. When the motor starts to overheat the device opens and the motor stops. Then when the motor cools down after several minutes the bimetal strip bends back and closes the electrical contact and the motor starts again. This will continue until the overheating problem is fixed or the motor replaced. Is the furnace filter clogged and blocking air flow? If the filter is OK then the motor bearings may be wearing out and the motor will need to be replaced.
I really appreciate your information Argonne1918. I believe that the pivotal fact, however, is that the event happened after my uncle died, but before I found out about his death. I change my furnace filters regularly.

Respectfully,

Andrewx

andrewx said:
I really appreciate your information Argonne1918. I believe that the pivotal fact, however, is that the event happened after my uncle died, but before I found out about his death. I change my furnace filters regularly.
Respectfully,

Andrewx
That's a strong indication for the paranormal explanation. I had an alarm clock that started "dinging" after my dad died. It had been his alarm clock. It would "ding" once and stop.

Back