Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Hi everyone! Something new finally.

Kade has not said anything in a long while. Sunday there was a wedding. Casey's best friend got married. Casey's picture was setting on a white pillar facing the guests where Alecia was to be given to her groom. During her walk down the aisle with her father, Alecia paused at the picture of Casey and presented her with one single rose with baby breaths. Then her father gave her hand to her groom. I did not go, I could not emotionally face this knowing my daughter would never know a moment such as Alecia had. I also am recovering from surgery. One of my other daughters went and took pictures. It was a nice thing for Alecia to do for her friend who is no longer with us.

A couple of days later I rode with Kade and his mom to Walmart. We sat in the car while she ran in to get something. He brought up Casey's death. He then told me he was shot a long, long, long, long time ago. He said he remembers his other mother. We dropped it.

This morning after spending the night he was riding home with his mommy. He said he wanted to go to school. He said his other mother had books. Remember he had said his mother "taught lessons." Now he says he knows his other mothers last name. He said "my other mother's last name and other father's last name and my last name was Sherlin; sounds like. Then he said "but that was a long, long time ago before I was born this time."

I am going to search for this surname. I will let you know anything I find out. My daughter asked him if he had heard this name on TV and he said no it was my last name.

His favorite cousin is down again from Chicago. I am sure he will be telling us more in the next few days.

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Kitn,

It's good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your surgery, I hope you are feeling much, much better.

How exciting that Kade remembers a last name! :thumbsup: I have some time over the next few days, so I will check around and see what I can come up with as well.

Thanks for the update! :D

Ailish

3. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I can't remember if kade ever remembered his first name?
    Vicky

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

No, he never said his first name. He said his mother's name was Sein and his sister Emmy and brother Nicholas. We were thinking Finnish descent. I am not sure how Shirlin would be spelled or if it is Finnish. He did say Todd last name was not Shirlin.

5. Ailish

I've been looking for the etymology of Sherlin -- and there is nothing very specific on the name thus far. There seem to be a lot of descendents from Israel and also from Russia, and the name changed slightly from its origins.

This site lists variants of the name:

The Cherlin family name variants

The Cherlin home page

I'll keep searching ;)

Ailish

6. shield

shield Registered User

It´s funny but spellt like "Scherlin" it seems it´s a swedish name (in turn originating, not unlikely, from Germany)
    ... which could possibly tie in with a finnish lead!

Finland was a part of Sweden for some 700 years, and swedish sounding names are not that uncommon as far as I understand. Quite a large group of people in Finland still have swedish as their first language. Karoliina or Josefina would know more about this, though... ;)

7. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

How great to hear an update! :thumbsup:

Sherlin is not even close to any Finnish surnames, but as Shield said, it's possible it's Swedish/German/etc. in origin but the people were still Finnish.

I really hope you find out something and I'll try to find time to help out, too!

Karoliina

8. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I sure could use help. I did not realize there were so many variations for Sherlin. It is almost hopeless.

He told his mother something unusual. He said he did not want to be home schooled-he wants to go to school. His mom asked him if he knew what home school was and he said yes. He said his other mother ordered books. She asked him how she ordered them and he said on the telephone. We have never spoken to him of home schooling and I am sure he has not been exposed to anything that would give him information about it.

Another thing I wonder about is "on the telephone" because before he said they did not have lights or indoor toilet. Maybe there was a phone at the store; in the sixties in Texas we had to go to the store for phone calls. His mom said he may just get confused on some things.

The song he sings while he swings he says is called-sounds like-doonsie die or dice. I know the first word is doonsie.

9. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    I think sometimes they do get confused between what goes on in this life and the last one. Could be in this life that Kade has seen you or his mom order things on the telephone. He might not remember exactly how his pl mother ordered materials but surmises that she must have used the phone.
    How about googling Nicholas Sherlin with as many different spellings as possible. Also, include the words North Dakota and maybe you'd get a hit.
    I'll try it now and let you know if I get anything.
    Vicky

10. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

YAY!!! This is awesome! We will find it!

I've been doing a brief search, but I have to get busy, as my son is marrying tomorrow (kind of ironic with your post starting with a wedding, eh?). Anyway...

I found this:

http://www.distantcousin.com/directories/mn/minneapolis/1909/s.html

It's a 1909 directory - - I believe it will be too old for what we're after, but I did a search on the page for "rlin" since we're not sure of the exact spelling: Scherlin, Shirlin, Sherlin, Cherlin, etc., and is it possible it could be something like Sherling? We have to remember that his words may be coming out the way they were said, not necessarily the way they were written ... i.e., my husband had an Aunt that I would have easily spelled "Merle" - - her true name was "Muriel" and somewhere along the way, it got "simplified" (I'm sure from my MIL when she was a child and learning to speak) to "Merle" ... the same way my "Emily" became "Emmy" (which I feel certain was Kade's sister from his previous life).

Also, I found this:

http://www.ancestry.com/search/

(you may have to copy and paste) - - you can choose the state and last name, and you may have to put in the various spellings...

Good luck!!!

I'm going to research his song, as well - - - it just may be Sunday or even Monday or Tuesday before I can do a full search.

This is all so exciting - - don't give up! Look at James Huston's story. They finally connected all of the dots. Are you keeping a written journal? I know you have everything online here ... but you may want to keep a journal for him to have later in life.

Kitn - - have you searched yourself for a previous life? I have a very strong inkling that Kade opens up to you because you've been together before and his "soul" trusts your "soul."

Now I have to go do "pre-wedding" stuff. Take care Kitn! *big hug*

~Kathy

11. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    i did look and feel after searching a lot of North Dakota census and crime stuff that the name is spelled Sherlin as there are a lot of folks with that name and spelling. I didn't find anything specific but did post a question to North Dakota law enforcement about the murder.
    Vicky

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I am doing well, thank you; sore but much better.

I want to thank everyone for their input and help.

I read on the old thread (which I missed) that maybe the parents were seperated and Todd became enraged over the mother and former husband. That the other father may have been out of the home and not deceased. I tend to think this may be what happened. Kade did tell his mommy the other day that his other mother never got to be old because she was killed too.

Kade's parents were taking him fishing. His mommy began telling him about the lake. He said "you don't have to tell me anything about it because my other mother taught me all about 3D Lake."

I googled this and only found panaramic view. I do not know if this could be the name of a lake or something she taught him about the lake. I was thinking maybe she said something like don't dunk, don't dive, don't drown; remember the 3D's at the lake. I have no idea, but if anyone else has a suggestion or know of a place or lake called 3D I would be interested in knowing.

I have checked out all the links. There are so many spellings!

Thanks again and have a memorable Memorial Day.

I found this at lake.com . It was the only lake in the US with the name of three but does not have ddd after it.

Three

Adopt Me

General Information

Description

Country United States of America

Latitude 47° 54' 29" (47.8920)

Longitude -91° 26' 17" (-91.4380)

State Minnesota

13. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Can you show him a picture and see if it looks familiar?

You know, something "popped" to mind the other day when I was reading about Kade and I just want to share it with you ... what popped to mind was that he lived in the 60's or 70's and his "other mother" was ... for lack of a better term ... a hippy. I can remember people moving to the country and growing their own vegetables and living "simply" without utilities and such ... just something about when I read that he mentioned being homeschooled triggered that thought.

14. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He did say his mother would wear braids and she wore flowers. I was leaning toward flowered dresses. You may have something there. I would say more the late sixties. That was my coming of age era and I remember meeting a guy who wore car tires for sandals; lol. Although I would have loved to dress like that my parents would have disowned me! There were lots of flowers, braids, headbands, garlands and flowing garmets. It was a fun time to be young.

Three lake is in Minnesota. The towns near it are Isabella, Finland, Murphy City, Whyte, Babbit and Ely. It is near Lake Superior and the Canadian Border. I used MapQuest stating longitude and latitude.

This could be a clue to search, or it could be nothing.

I have noticed Kade's behavior changes when he remembers and talks about PL things. He gets aggressive and talks back. Is this common for children who may be remembering a traumatic past life? Usually he is pleasant and happy, but he gets defensive and quickly angered for a few days after telling something about a past life. He lashes out even at me and I feel terrible having to correct his behavior.

15. buntaro

buntaro Senior Registered

Kitn,

You said,

"I have noticed Kade's behavior changes when he remembers and talks about PL things.... He lashes out even at me...."

--> This is a reminder that remembering past lives is not all roses and puppydogs. There is a reason that most of us cannot remember past lives. Memories are sometimes best left alone until we can handle them. This case may be a good example.

16. Ailish

Hi Kitn,

Have you tried asking Kade to draw a picture when he is acting out? Perhaps ask him to draw what he is feeling. It could be that he doesn't understand exactly how to tell you why he is angry, or how he feels about the memories from that life. Then sit down with him, be very casual, and ask him to tell you about his wonderful pictures.

Buntaro, I believe that is not the case here. Kade is remembering everything on his own -- so obviously it is something that has affected him -- and he needs to process it and work through it. I applaud Kitn's efforts for helping Kade to understand.

Ailish

17. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I have to agree with Ailish. Providing a safe and calm setting for discussing Kade's memories and his reaction to them has to be healthy for him. If you give him any reason to think he shouldn't welcome such memories Kitn, it could have some serious repercussions both now and in the future. Encourage him to come to you whenever he has any doubts or questions about what he is experiencing. Make him feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible in discussing any of this with you.

John

18. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

We never ask him anything about PL. He usually opens the door by saying something. Normally we are surprised when he does this because it comes from nowhere. The times he opens up are when he is riding in the car, the golf cart, swinging or just before he goes to sleep. He is very quiet for a while (which is unusual for him) before telling something. He says he is thinking and can see things with his "dark eyes".

When this first started and he told of all the abuse I was shocked and hurt that someone could treat a child like that. I did not like hearing it. He quit talking for quite a while and we thought he had forgotten everything. He does not talk about being hit with the "hitter" now but he does mention being shot and is now telling us new things.

He is a very bright child. He turned four the end of March. He knows how to spell his name, can recognize numbers and can tell you things most children his age do not know yet. He very rarely eats meat (he loves veggies) because he said you have to kill something to eat it. He does like chicken tenders and once I got him to take a bite of a cheeseburger; which he said was good. He does not like sweets and would rather have cheese or fruit. He has a strong memory and can recall things easily. His expanded vocabulary and his use of words would make one think he was older than he is. His doctor made a statement once that she would like to know what is IQ was.

He is all boy and a busy child. He is normally pleasant and very inquisitive. I tried to figure out what brings on his aggressive behavior. When he did not speak about PL for a few weeks I noticed he was much calmer. I could be wrong but I think his memories bring about the change in his behavior. If we have past lives I would think remembering them would affect current lives. I remain skeptical with an open mind.

When he starts kindergarten in August 2007 and is exposed to many other children I believe he will begin to forget the things he has told us. That may be a good thing for him.

I have never had any past life memories. I have never met anyone else besides Kade that talks of a past life. My daughter who drowned, due to a car wreck,told us when she was 3 that she drowned in a well and her grandmother could not save her. However, I thought that was just her imagination. I wished now I would have listened to her.

Again, thanks for all the input and help.

19. Carol

Carol Author

Kitn,
    Ailish asked me to post my thoughts on Kade.

From what I've been reading, you've been getting good advice from the moderators.

It does sound like Kade is having past life memories which are sometimes disturbing to him. This is not unusual when a child is remembering a past life trauma, which is usually the type of memory that bleeds through into the present life, because it was traumatic, disturbing, and unresolved.

As I've said in the books, I believe that these traumatic memories come through because they leave the soul unsettled, unfinished with the previous life, and on some level, Kade needs reassurance that the past life is over and needs to express some of these troubling memories to work through them. (It works the same way as any troubling memory in this life.)

I would agree that the best thing you can do is allow him to talk about the memories as he needs to. (It sounds like you've been doing that.) I wouldn't get too hung up on the details, but try to get a general idea of the past life story so you can piece it together enough to know how to talk to him about the past so he can move on. (I know that getting names and details are compelling, amazing, mysterious, and difficult to ignore, because they beg us to follow up, but don't lose sight of the healing.)

If he has aggressive behaviors relating to his memories, point it out to him as he's experiencing it: if he's angry, acknowledge to him, "You're angry about that, aren't you? What makes you so angry?" (Something like that.) That may open the way for more discussion, and possible resolution in his mind. Maybe he just needs to tell you how angry he is about what happened to him, and release those bad feelings.

I haven't been following all your threads, but have you assured him that these memories are from another life? That whatever happened is over. (I'll bet the moderators have suggested that.) He is still at the tender age of remembering, and more will probably come up. So it is important not to shut him down, BUT if he is behaving inappropriately, correct him, as you normally would. He can't hurt himself or others, whether it's past life related or this life related.

You're going to have to trust that he is working through these memories, and the more you can support him, as you have been, the better.

I also want to use this opportunity to repeat what I've said before, in other cases--not necessarily addressing yours, Kitn: We at the Forum are not in a position to know everything that's going on in a child's life. There might be other factors contributing to a child's behaviors from this life. We usually don't get a full history of the child and the family. We can only give general advice about what to do if a child is triggered by past life memories. I hope we have been helpful to people seeking advice about past life memories, but this is not a substitute for counseling and therapy. I feel I have to add this caveat every so often, so we remain open to both past and present life conditions that may affect a child's behaviors and emotional states. And, I know that past life experiences CAN BE the source for these remarks, behaviors, and feelings in children.

Please keep us posted.

Carol

20. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Carol. That is a good idea. Next time he starts acting out I will ask him what he is mad about. We always tell him when he comes up with something about a PL that that was a long time ago before we knew him. He may not understand this because he said "how did you get me?" He inwardly may wonder how he got from there to here; and we are not answering right. Next time he brings something up I will try to explain it to him in words he can understand.

In the beginning he cried for his other mother and wanted to find her. He does not do this anymore. He said she was shot and he was shot so he may, in his child's mind, think because he is here she must be too-somewhere.

I read your books and found them very helpful. Thank you so much for sending them. Everyone in the forum has been great. It is wonderful to know there are understanding people who are a few clicks away---thanks everyone.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.