Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    Thanks for the wonderful updates on Kade. I had many thoughts while reading the latest posts.
    One is, how far is North Dakota from the lake you found? Also, the two states are close, maybe the family lived in both places.
    I also wanted to add that my son has a lot of bedtime issues and night time fears of getting mauled by a large cat animal. When he talks about his past life, he will have a much harder time going to sleep at night. Also, his 'other mother' died in a car accident before he got to say goodbye to her and i've noticed that when I go out of town and he doesn't come with me, that these fears will intensify.
    So, in a nutshell, I just wanted to say that I very much agree that presnt life situations can bring up past life memories which can affect the child's behavior.
    The bottom line for these little guys is that we have to still address the behavior. Knowing that this comes from a past life though gives you a place to start in your approach. I agree with Ailish and Carol. Drawing what he is afraid of has helped my son. I have mentioned here before that my son has, in a slapstick sort of way, talked about killing himself. I know it sounds scary and initially I wondered why he would talk like that. After, talking to him, I learned that he misses his past life family and feels this would be a way to see them. He very much remembers several times when he was a spirit and he really enjoyed being a spirit. He said you have to die to get to be a spirit. He says that he wasn't afraid then and he helped a lot of people.
    If I didn't talk to him and let him talk, we would have never been able to get to the source of this and I probably would have taken him to get evaluated. After talking to him and explaining things, it has rarely ever come up again.
    I also wanted to mention that my son turned 6 in March and that everything has gotten better. I do believe he remembers less, although I still see behavior that I think is past life related. After they start school it also gets more difficult to know what they know so you aren't as sensitive to times when they bring up something they shouldn't have knowledge of because those lines get blurrier as they get out in the world on their own.
    Vicky

2. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 New Member

I'm going to also suggest the spellings Sjorlin or Sjorlein or something like that. It's apparently an extremely uncommon spelling but I did find one reference to a woman with a surname spelled like that on one of the genealogical web sites. The Sj sound has kind of a "sh" sound when pronounced in Swedish or Norwegian, at least by some of the families here in North Dakota and the rest of the region. From the past post, regarding the dog he referred to as Diyati -- sounds like the name of the dog itself rather than a word for dog, if that makes any sense. Diyati is a Hindu Indian word but it also sounds similar to some of the Lakota Sioux words I've heard. You'd have to ask someone who speaks Lakota if it really is a word.

But I still tend towards the belief that it might be better if he forgets all of this and as soon as possible. You don't know what is real, what he's dreaming based on what he's seen on TV and heard people saying, and how much might be imagination. He'll have grief enough in this time, in this life. Why add more based on something that might not even have existed?

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

You're right "sj" sounds a lot like "sh" when you speak Swedish. A quite common Swedish (or Finnish-Swedish) surname that sounds a little like Sherlin is Sjölund. Actually, Sjölin is a Swedish last name, too, and it sounds even more like Sherlin - almost exactly the same.

Swedish girl names that sound a little like "scene" are at least Siv and Signe.

I hope Shield can verify these!

Karoliina

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

vicky, thanks again for useful information.

I too believe it would be much better if he forgot everything. I am hoping when he starts school he wil begin to forget. I do know that some of the things he comes out with has not been learned from others or television. We monitor his television programs and we watch them with him. I understand children his age do mix reality with imagination. The actions he has displayed and some of the words there is no way he could no of these things. However, I strongly agree it would be better for everyone to never have PL memories. Especially if they had experienced something so traumatic they carry it with them.

Karolina, thanks for letting me know of another spelling. I don't think we will ever find anything that may prove this happened. The world is too large. I tend to think the area is around ND or MN; but where?

I wanted to tell you all I saw a program the other night. It was called Beyond Death. It had lots of interesting things about NDE, PL etc. I also saw Carol on the program. I was pleasantly surprised! They showed her son drumming and I love his red hair.....I always wanted a red headed child....

5. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi everyone,
    Here are a number of variations for the name "Sherlin" : Sherlin, Shirland, Scharling, Shurling,
    Schierling, Sherlon, Sherlan, Scherlin, Scherling, Schirlen, Sherlain Sherlon, Schurlein,
    Sharland, Sjurland, Sjurlund. These variations of the name come from different countries like England,
    Ireland, Sweden, Israel and probably other countries. There are more variations of the spelling
    of this name also. The ones I listed are some of the more common spellings of the name.

Below is a link to the the North Dakota Death Record index covering the years 1881 to present.
    You can search for the "Sherlin" name and its variants on this site, you need to search by ten
    year intervals (explained at the site). I tried some searching with some of the "Sherlin"
    surname variants but I gave up because there are so many variations of the name. Maybe someone
    with more ambition than me would like to try searching the site.
    Here is the link:

http://secure.apps.state.nd.us/doh/certificates/deathCertSearch.htm

I know that some of the things that Kade was talking about were real, like the Moon Tag game etc.
    One of the things that I found interesting was when he was talking about his "Dark Eyes", I have
    the "Dark Eyes" also and I understand what he is talking about.

Wizard

6. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I found an interesting site:

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/Reports/BCIReports/Domvio2001.pdf

It has all kinds of [more recent] statistics. What I found interesting was that there's a table identifying domestic violence offenders by county and race ... I thought maybe we could look for history of crimes in specific counties according to this table.

Further, I found Crime and Homicide reports of North Dakotahttp://www.ag.state.nd.us/Reports/BCIReports/CrimeHomicide/CrimeHomicide.htm

Although the links only take you back to 1999, once observing the actual pdf documents, they go back to 1978. I *feel* we're looking at the 60's or 70's (or maybe even sooner) and therefore '78 wouldn't go back far enough. However, there are some interesting statistic within the documents to read. Take a look.

As for the SSDI, I don't think there will be any children listed at the time of the crime, as the U.S. didn't used to issue social security numbers for children until the last 10-20 years. I have looked for a Sien and Sein (all over the U.S.) but am not coming up with anything that fits our "story."

I've found some pics of the turtle mountains:

http://www.turtlemountains.org/

you have to scroll down some for this one: http://www.misu-b.nodak.edu/birding.htm

I had to take a few days off from searching, as my son got married on Saturday, but I'm back to looking today... and I'm having a nagging desire to call various ND city libraries asking about a crime that resembles what Kade has put together, specifically in the counties that have a high number of domestic violence crimes.

As far as Kade "forgetting" - - I, too, am going to offer my opinion. I think that [you] understanding what happened to Kade (in his former life) will help you help Kade *now* in this life. Once you've helped him through his tormented memories, then I think he will be able to let it drift away like a bad dream. Again, this is my opinion and Carol is definitely the expert, but this is what I "gathered" in my brain from what she said. I see it like a child learning to walk - - sometimes they fall down and get hurt, but it's a "learning process." I see our lives as "classes" that prepare us for future classes. Not all classes are easy or fun, and we just have to "suffer through" until we've completed what was to be learned, but once the class is over, we can "exhale" until the next challenging course comes along.

As an aside, I did go to Casey's site - - I also shed many tears. I am so so so very sorry for your loss. Your poetry and writing is absolutely beautiful, *extremely* expressive and very touching. I felt how raw your wounds have been/are (although I know not to the degree you've felt them). Again, I offer the biggest cyber hug to you I can give.

*BIG CYBER HUG*

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

MoonDansyr thanks for the links I will check them out. I am having computer problems again with AOL. I downloaded a new server hoping it corrects the problems.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time at the wedding.

Wizard, I will check out the link but as you say there are so many spellings it seems hopeless. Can you explain the dark eye thinking to me please.

Kade was here while his mom took the lawn mower for a new belt. I put noggin on the computer for him to play. While he was waiting for it to load he jumped on the bed and said "I am going to tell you about 3D Lake now." I said okay tell me. All he did was move his hands around like he was doing or making something. He pretended he handed me something and I asked what do I do with this. He said you play with it in the water. I said okay. Then he looked around and said you have to be careful and watch for the aliens because they are mean people. I didn't ask him anything but wondered if he meant Indians.

When the site was done loading (I have dial up) he jumped off the bed and on the computer chair. He was looking at the screen and for no reason said "my other mother's name is Scherlin and she lives in North Dakota-my mommy nows name is Dina-what was your name before Grammy?" I told him my name and he said I had another name before. I told him I don't know any other name and the subject was dropped.

8. MoonDansyr

I found another interesting link:

http://www.genealogia.fi/gallery/farindex.htm

lots of finnish emmigrant info (towns, schools, churches, etc.) and lots of pictures. There are some automobiles and mine pics, as well!! I think the link I posted takes you to a name search, but I can't find any of the spellings of the last name, though.

I'm still searching!

edit! I found a possible spelling on the above linked page for his "other mother" - - "Signe"

9. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Kitn,

This is how my my "Dark Eyes" work. It has to be quiet, and I sit down or lay down and relax and close my eyes and concentrate and think about what I want to see. After concentrating about what I want to see, I can start to see images of what I want to see. Sometimes the images are faint and difficult to to see, and sometimes the a very clear. Some times the images appear in black and white - like white chalk drawings on a blackboard. Sometimes the images are vivid and appear in full color. I seem to be able to go back in time with my "Dark Eyes" and see images of things from the past. I think one way to describe the "Dark Eyes" experience is that it is like a visual form of meditating. I glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has the "Dark eyes".
    I don't know if there is any terminology for describing the experience, but it sounds like the term "Dark Eyes" is a good way of describing it.

Wizard.

10. MoonDansyr

I found:

Signe Rinke - born in 4/20/26 and died 12/73 in ND

Signe Bjerkager - born 12/23/1904 and died 12/1966 in ND

Signe Bostwick - born 11/06/31 - died 12/73 in MI

Signe Orne - born 1/15/49 - died 12/77 in WI

Signe Martin - born 1/21/50 - died 4/78 in NY

I found lots of Signes in ND but no last name at all similar to Shirlin. I couldn't find many that were "young" (which depends on his idea of young) - - and the idea that maybe her last name was different than his (maybe she was remarried or took her maiden name back?) hit me.

11. callie

callie New Member

don't know if this is of any help to you, but i live near a beautiful town, actually more of a village that is the gateway to the sequoia national park - it's called three rivers and there is a large lake/basin where the rivers meet. originally, it wall all inhabited by indians, but in the 1960's-70's and even today is an artists/hippy colony.

also, there ws a period of time around the 1940's, i guess when most of the prople living there were of european decent, immigrants. it might be worth your reserch.

i have to say that it is a truly unforgettable place.

hope this helps

12. Jose

Jose New Member

13. jseens

jseens New Member

There is a Kalevala Township in Carlton County, Minnesota. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I couldn't find it posted.

14. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi jseens,

Welcome to the forum. :) I can't recall offhand if it was mentioned, but I'm pretty certain if it was -- the county wasn't -- so that's wonderful. Any mention of Kalevala is helpful. :thumbsup:

Ailish

15. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 New Member

It's not unheard of to give babies born today the very old-time Scandinavian names like Signe, Solveig, Synnove, etc. in North Dakota. Signe is more likely to be found on a nursing home roster, but there are younger Signes named after grandmothers and great-grandmothers. The g would be pronounced with a North Dakota accent though. It wouldn't sound like SEEN but like SIG-nee, except perhaps with a small child's lisp.

I have an aunt by marriage named Shirlene. Any chance that Shirlin is the first name instead of the last name here?

16. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I am still having computer problems but found the cause. I am now looking for a new isp without using the 2 same telephone numbers so many providers use here.

This is storm season here; rain, winds and water. We had a flood on the other side of the road which uplifted the man's propane tank. You could smell it in the air. About four fire trucks sirened their way and stopped in the road in front of my house. Kade was here. His mother was outside talking to the firemen who were warning residents not to smoke, use flame or electric things which spark.

Kade had been on the computer when all the noise started. He ran to the front door and saw the fire trucks. This is the first time he has seen fire trucks up close. The sirens were blasting and the lights flashing. Kade started screaming "my mother is dead, she died!" I told him no she wasn't and pointed to her standing in the yard talking to a fireman. He kept pointing at the truck and saying "no, my mommy is dead!" He finally calmed down.

He saw his mother in the yard so he knew she was okay. I felt he must be referring to his "other mother." I was thinking this had to be something buried in memory. When he talked about the shooting months ago, I had asked him if the police came and he said no one came. So I am wondering what a fire truck has to do with his PL memories.

I will check out some of the links-if I can stay online long enough.

I read about "Snowy" in another post. I wish Kade had pleasant memories.

Other than above, he has not said anything else about a past life lately.

17. mikesnana

mikesnana New Member

18. wanderer

wanderer New Member

Sein

I was at a flea market today and happened to pick up an old printing of The Letters of Vincent Van Gogh....I was just flipping through it, and this jumped out at me.....one of Van Gogh's letters starts out "Now I have met Christine [i.e. Sein]....." Maybe that could be Kade's other mother's full name? Just thought I'd add the finding.

19. mikesnana

mikesnana New Member

Kalevala Festival

Since this post really has me intrigued and I was getting nowhere googling, I posted this question on Y! Answers:

Have you ever heard of a festival called Kalevala?

Here's the two answers:
    Try here https://nordicmuseum.org/events/134088

and

Wow, you sent me to the search engine, and that doesn't happen often!

Here is your answer:

Kalevala Day (February 28) in Finland is the occasion for parades and ceremonials dedicated to the Finnish national epic the Kalevala and to its 19th-century editor-compiler, the scholar Elias Lönnrot.

20. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    mikesnana's post made me think that there may be some Finnish American's close enough to you to visit. If there is a Kalevala celebration in Seattle, maybe there is something near you. It would be interesting to see kade's reaction to it.
    Vicky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.