Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I used that spelling when I did my researching, with ö and with a plain "o" Although I don't know that I covered every possible avenue of research. I know Kade's PL family is out there somewhere - - I just think it's going to take researching old newspapers, cemetaries, etc. I really think a qualified, dependable PL regressionist that has experience dealing with children would be very beneficial. There's a reason he's remembering (i.e., I think there's something that needs to be resolved). I feel like things are coming to a pinnacle, too.

2. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I am glad to hear another child plays like that. It is very disturbing to me because I buried my own child. To even play burying hurts me. I try my best to play but sometimes a tear will fall and he tries to comfort me. Maybe he was buried somewhere also. Maybe he is on a missing list. Remember months ago he said they dug a hole and put his mother in it; and put dirt on top. Maybe it was the same for him and his sister. It could have been hidden and not a funeral as I was thinking. I will search missing lists.

Kade is going to start a soccer team next month. He will be interacting with other children. I am sure he will also begin living this life. Another thing my daughter said is Kade is always referring to age 5; I wonder if he was five years-old.

I know what you mean about him wondering how he got here. He has asked how did you get me. He also said you die and then you wake up. It must be confusing to a little one.

No we do not have any Scherlins in our family. There were Sparks thats the closest I can think of. No one in our family has ever talked about a previous life; except Casey stating she drowned in a well.

My son in laws mother said her husband of years ago was named Todd. He was shot by an intruder I think. He was in his thirties. I think this happened in the late sixties. He was an alcoholic and mean from what she has told us. Other than that we do not even have a Todd in the family.

I too feel there is something Kade is trying to piece together. We have asked him if he remembers his first name and sometimes he says I was Todd and other times he will say I am Kade; or he will say he does not know. But he is consistant with Todd being the shooter.

3. MoonDansyr

Oh Kitn - - *BIG HUG* I can only imagine how hard that must be for you. I have dreams of losing my children and when I wake up, rather than feeling relief that it was a dream, that horrible feeling stays in the pit of my stomach. I hope none of this comes out sounding insensitive, because it's meant quite the opposite: I'd like to say that Kade has brought you here and hopefully this forum has helped you, even if only a little, with Casey.

Gosh! I never even thought of this!!

I sure wish reincarnation was more widely accepted. You could then call various city detectives and relay the story.

4. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I've called some city detectives and libraries and Ailish suggested that I just say I'm working on some family history which was true--just not my family.

I didn't get anywhere and also tried various spellings of the name and used Nicholas and Emma as first names.

Also, a little note. My son told me about a past life where he said his father's name was William Martin and later when i asked him what his name was, he said it was William Martin.

I thought that this was where the story would fall apart and actually started to disbelieve parts of it. However, when I looked it up on the internet, I found William Martin Sr. and William Martin Jr.

So, long way of saying that maybe his name was Todd. Even though it sounds like Todd was not Kade's father, it might just be a coincidence and his name could be Todd.

Also, I remember something from one of Carol's books. I think her son Chase floated around after he was dead and went back to see his wife and kids. So, maybe Kade was doing that 'before he went to the light' and saw himself being buried. If he was a child at that time, I'm sure it must have been very confusing.

Vicky

5. MoonDansyr

Great idea, Vicky!! When I was doing some genealogy, my father told me his great-grandfather's last name was "Whoberry" but had no idea how it was spelled, so when I did my research, I had to use a ton of spellings and when I did find information (census, deeds and such), I found that various documents used a variety of spellings. The reason was because he evidently was illiterate (he was native american), as his "signature" was an "X" on the documents.

Exactly. I also researched the name Ted and Thad, as well, and didn't come up with anything.

Very true.

I just know there's information out there somewhere. It couldn't have been THAT long ago, considering the automobile, ice box, and Moon Tag game. We just haven't found the right place to search just yet.

6. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

After reading the post by Deborah about disorientation in children with PLM, maybe Kade's name was Todd Scherlin.

This weekend I did find a little bit more about what he thinks about. He said his mother and he were buried by the "church people." I asked him if he knew where his mother was buried and he said "by the church." He said he was buried there too, and he watched when they were getting buried. He also said his other father was there when they were buried. I said, "that must have been very scary to watch." He said "no I wasn't scared." I then asked "do you have a stone?" He did not know what I meant. So I told him that a stone is like the one by Casey and grandpa where they are buried. He said there was nothing there. If what he remember is seeing the burial, he may not know a stone comes later. There may be one there now.

This may be why he likes to play "bury me" a lot. If what he tells is past life memories, maybe that is the last thing he remembers about his life on earth.

I also tried getting him to draw. He does not have the small muscle co-ordination yet to draw much more than an uneven circle. He told me to draw his other mother. I drew a fat lady and he got mad. He said she is not fat and scribbled over it. I drew his other father and he said he has to have a hat on. He was insistant that the mother be as big (tall) as the father. I tried drawing the mother shorter than the father and he said they are the same size. I will try this again another time he is here.

I am going to try googling Todd Scherlin soundex and see what I come up with. Thanks everyone.

7. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Kitn, Hi everyone,
    Below is a link to an obituary of person with the last name of
    "Scherling" in Fargo ND, I see that there is also a "Nick Scherling" listed in the obituary, I wonder if these people
    could somehow be related to the Sherlins the Kade talks about
    ? maybe the are cousins? maybe Kade could recognise some of these names? I don't know if this will help any but I thought it was interesting so I posted it here.

Here is the link:

http://www.korsmofuneralservice.com/fullobit.cfm?ID=72

Wizard

8. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Wizard, I will do that. I am also going to see if I can find anything about the family.

9. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I googled and found the Nick in the obit's was born in 1978. I think that would be him because there was divorce-custody papers filed in Fargo court system; the parents name matched the son of the deceased. He was the only child. I did find there are a lot of Sherling's in that area. So I will look some more. Thanks again.

10. MoonDansyr

WAY TO GO!!

Do you think that Kade could have been Nick? I know he said Nick was his brother, but the location and timing sounds about right. Did the parents "survive" Nick?

11. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

The Nick above is still alive. He was listed as a grandchild of the deceased. The son of the deceased name matched that of the boy Nick named in the custody papers in court. So that Nick he was not. Maybe his name could have been Nicholas. He said that Nick was his brother and his sister was Emmy. He sometimes said I'm Todd, but then again he says Todd was the mean man. He may be relating himself as Todd during his play acting. I think in time he may come up with a name. If I ask him he will come up with a power ranger name, lol. So it is best to let him tell me.

I have been googling different spellings and find no murder of a child. I also have been trying to find church cemetery records online. I have tried findagrave.com and found nothing there. I hate to pay for ancestery.com because I would not use it that much. There are a lot of Scherlins and Scherlings in there, but they don't give out free info. I remember my father telling me the Mormon Church keeps records of everyone. I guess I could try that.

12. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Didn't Kade also say that Nicholas and Emmy were shot too?

I wonder if there is any way to just google some of the names from the obituary. For example, the woman who died would have been alive when Kade died in his last life. Maybe if there was an obituary of Kade and his family's death in his last life, she would be listed.

I'll try it.

Vicky

13. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Yes, he said he saw his mother shot. He was hiding in the cupboard. Todd got him out and took him into the hall, but not a hallway, and shot him too. He said Nicholas and Emmy were shot too.

I found familysearch.org and it has lots of names and soundex spelling. I have been searching there.

Years ago many southern homes had open hallways in the middle of the house. It was to help cool the house. Usually the kitchen and living were on one side and sleeping rooms on the other. It was covered with the house roof, but it was more like a deck with two open ends. I wonder if this is what he meant by hall. I don't know if this was the norm in the northern part of the country.

14. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade told me in the car today that he knows his other name. I asked him what it was and he said "I don't want to tell you." I told him that it was okay and if he did not want to tell me now he can tell me later.

15. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Good answer Kitn. Sometimes its hard to put aside our curiousity so I applaud your focus on Kade's timing.

Vicky

16. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He is spending the night with me. Right now he is in the tub; I am in my room so he is right by me. We played "bury me" and I asked him about his name Scherlin. He told me the reason he does not want to tell me is because " I have lots of horrible secrets and when I think about them it scares me." So I will just wait until he wants to tell me. He has told me so much I wonder what could be worse than what he has already said.

17. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I can imagine how confusing and scary this must be for Kade. As someone has suggested somewhere on the forums, maybe you ask him if he can draw some of the secrets he has. If he could do that, it might be easier for him to talk about, and then you could help him cope with them batter. You're doing a wonderful job helping Kade.

John

18. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I wish he had the small muscle co-ordination to draw but his body has not developed enough for that yet. He can only draw straight lines and very not so round circles. Usually those skills come closer to age 5. Today we were looking at playing cards, counting the centers and matching to numbers. He said this is five that's how old I was when I was the other boy. I said "oh you were five" and he said "yes, but I died."
    I said "you did what happend" and he said "shot". So he is consistant.

Another thing he has told me is that he was in a big storm. That the sky was black and it was a tornado. He said it was like a big monster coming out of the sky. I asked him what happened and he said they ran. I asked him where he went and what he did but he never told me anything except describing the big black sky. I did look up tornados in ND and there was one in June 1957; a series of 5, one being an F-5. I know there are tornados in many areas but this seems to fit the time frame and possible state. There is also a winter festival in Fargo ND. You just never know when a child comes up with things if it really happened or imagination.

We passed the place they give riding lessons this morning and he saw the horses. I told his mother I would pay for riding lessons for him. She said he was too little maybe next year. He shouted from the back carseat "I'm not too little, I'm not afraid, I know how to ride a horse."

Looks like a storm coming got to go roll up my car windows.

19. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I remember now you saying that Kade didn't have the co-ordination for drawing yet. As for the tornados, his description of them as monsters coming out of the sky is very accurate. I've witnessed a lot of tornados, and the horrible darkness and power would seem like a monster to a child. It's possible that the fear was so overwhelming that he doesn't recall many of the other details. Tornados are the most terrifying things I've ever seen.

John

20. vicky

vicky Senior Member

1957 would correlate to the Moon Tag game also. Another piece to the puzzle.

Has Kade been in or seen a tornado in this life?

Vicky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.