Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

No he has not although we do get them here. I remember when he was two and he was watching a kids tape. I think it is Sesame St.. I think Big Bird is in the living room and there is a knock on the door. He opens it and a white funnel with a face says "it'ssss winnndy out here" He used to have me rewind it over and over again. But we never discussed what it was. It was animated and not scary, just a friendly funnel. I thought he just liked the way it say "it'ssss winnndy".

I too was thinking about the Moon Tag game when I came across the 1957 N.D. tornados.

Another name he mentioned today is Johnson. We do not know any Johnson's and I cannot remember Johnson mentioned in any of the programs we watch. I asked his mom and she said she does not know where he came up with it. We don't have any towns around here called Johnson either. It is a very common name. I was wondering if it could have been his first name or something like Johnson-maybe Jonathan? Can't think of anything else close to that for a first name. Anybody have suggestions of forgein names similar to Johnson?

I am still googling searching for anything close to what he says. I searched North Dakota cold cases and found nothing.

2. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Did he mention Johnson in context of a name of a person or of a city?
    Maybe Todd's last name was Johnson since it probably wasn't the same as his last name/

Vicky

3. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He said he thinks his name was Johnson. I have never heard of a given name as Johnson. He may have it mixed up with something else. I just don't think that was his name.

4. allison

allison New Member

Maybe Johnson could have been a middle name? Some kid's middle names are the maiden name of their mom.

5. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Your right, I never thought of that. Yesterday I was looking in the phone book and he was sitting next to me. An old birthday card fell out and he picked it up. It had teddy bears on it. He told me his other mother gave him one like that long time ago and he wanted to know what this one said. He told me he thought she sent it and she just wanted to see if he was happy. I sure would like to know what goes on inside his little mind.

I've googled and googled and come up with nothing.

6. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I think its kind of cool that even though Kade's last life sounds tragic, he feels that his other mother loved him and that her love transcends time, space, death and rebirth.

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Oh yes, by the way he speaks of his other mother I know he loved her very much. He has said sometimes she was mean. I get the impression she was strict but very loving. He has also said he tried to protect her but couldn't and got beat up.

Yesterday we made a spaceship out of tin foil, styrofoam plates and multi colored glass buttons. We had a good time and he told me his other father used to make things with him and he could use the glue. I asked him if his other father was sometimes mean and he said no he was very nice and they had lots of fun. He also said his other father was hurt in the big storm (tornado?). I was thinking maybe at the time of the tornado the father was still with the family. I believe I saw an injured list for the 1957 tornado. I will check that out. I hope it was for the town or surrounding area we are thinking.

8. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He said his other father was there at the burial. Maybe in spirit? I will ask him, next time he brings something up, if his father was alive when the other boy was killed.

9. Melsie

Melsie New Member

Found this about tornado of 1957

) Dave, it is fascinating to read the other accounts of that momentous day. As I said, I do recall it as a hot, humid, but clear day. I was 10 at the time and lived at 1130 13th St North, (now called University Drive.) At about 4 or so it started getting cloudy and by 5PM I believe WDAY television was giving storm warnings. The sky continued to darken, and the air was oppressive, but still there was a hint of a breeze. Mom sent me out to get the clothes off of the line, and as I looked at the sky, it was a sick greenish almost yellowish black color, and I recall the clouds roiling or sort of boiling. That's the best description I can come up with. Also, the air became dead still. I took the clothes basket into the house. We had eaten dinner, so we just watched out the west facing windows in our dining room. My mother was quite anxious, but dad kept us all calm. The TV stayed on until it blanked out. My dad and brother discussed the train sound, but my mom and I did not hear it. We always thought that the air pressure sucked out our ability to hear. My dad and brother did hear it, and we headed for the basement. We knelt against the west wall. I had my little sister in my arms, my dad was holding my baby sister, as we prayed! I remember him taking peeks out the window and he saw the garage lifted right off the car, and slammed down in front of the window. We heard wind, banging, glass breaking, a cacaphony of noise for what seemed like 3-5 minutes. Then it went silent and after a period of time deemed safe by dad, we ventured upstairs. The house was in complete dissarray. Windows broken, the clothes that I had taken off the line (and other people's clothes according to mom,) were strewn everywhere. then we looked across the street 2 large houses were totally leveled. Trees were down, electrical wires were sparking, it was dead still. Nick, my brother, and I went upstairs to the 2nd floor. We saw the sky above us as the roof was gone. Everything was topsy turvy. Then the rains came. My parents owned a large house just south of us down the block which had apartments rented to married NDSU students and their families. It was 75 years old at the time, so dad and mom were really concerned about the tenants. I will never forget the sight of dad jumping over downed trees and live power lines to run down to see what he thought would be complete chaos. Fortunately everyone in the apartment house was fine, and the old monster was knocked off it's foundation, but wasn't nearly as damaged as our home. In fact we lived in one of the hot little apartments for a time while our house was getting rebuilt. I know that the national guard was immediately called in. Until they were on the scene a couple of days after, my dad and brothers stayed on to guard the house, because there were stories of looting going on. The torrential downpour that came on the tail of the tornado ruined everything that would have been remotely salvageable. I remember the Red Cross being on the scene, in fact I think we were furnished with meals from them more than once. Needless to say, us kids had to stay away from the damage. But, stupid me, had to go pick my way through some debris and ended up with a tetanous shot for stepping on a rusty nail - the major childhood malady at the time. Stepping on a rusty nail was every kid's claim to fame that summer. To this day, when I see warnings on Television I take them seriously as I recall that day in 1957. But in all the years since then, I have never seen a sky or the cloud phenomena that I saw that night in the back yard.

Hi Kitn,
    I've been following the story about Cade. I found this on the net at: www.crh.noaa.gov/fgf?n=fargo57f5_comments

It mentions a 'Nick' that was a brother to the man who wrote this comment. Just wanted to post it.

I thought about something....is it possible to maybe contact some of the people who wrote posts on the comments section of this site, that witnessed the tornado and who lived there at the time, to see if anyone remembers Cade's family?? Just a thought.

Oh yeah, interestingly enough, the writer of this comment called the tornado the "old monster".

Thanks,
    Melissa

10. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Melissa. I looked and did not see any names of emails. I am always hesitant about writing because if I would say why I would like information they think I am insane or weird. I will check to see if there are any more lists there with email addresses. Maybe someone would remember something of a crime. Thanks for the link it was interesting.

11. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Just say you're researching some family history. It worked when I called those libraries to ask about the murder.

Vicky

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I found something interesting on a ND library obituary site. However, I don't know how to get more information. Maybe someone who does family history can tell me if what I think is right.

The family's name is Charboneau; does not sound like Scherlin to me. First names

Carol Faye Peltier age 27
    Keith age 6
    Richard age 37
    Richard Jr age 12
    no mention of a girl

All in Devils Lake ND and the publish date all is the same Oct 9,1994. Does this mean they all died on the same date or is published on this date?

I remember Kade said he thought his father's name was Richard. Any ideas trying to find out if this was a wreck or murder?

13. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

It was a house fire.

I found the reference here.

Ailish

14. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Ailish. I went back to the obituaries up to 1995, over two thousand, and searched through them. I still cannot find a victim list from the tornado. I wrote the library maybe they can direct me. Thanks again.

15. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Sorry have not been online lately. My daughter bought a house and we found a settler's cabin hidden inside the walls. What a find she has a wonderful piece of history. We have been so busy tracing the heritage on this cabin.

Yesterday Kade and I were watching the deer in the corn field behind the house which was harvested a day or two before. The baby deer were jumping on hind legs and pawing at each other. I told Kade "shhh" we have to be quiet or they will all run away. He said "I know how to be quiet like this and he crouched and walked with his head down." Then he said "this is what I had to do when Todd was sleeping cause if I waked him up I would get beat." He started tip toeing. I then asked him if Todd lived with him and he said yes. He then told me when he shot he was dead and then alive again. I asked him what did he do and he said I was alive again so I looked for my mother but she was not alive again. I asked him if he was scared and he said no. I then asked him if anyone came to meet him and he said no. He said he was all alone for a while and then he was in Heaven. "Then I had to find a new mother and that is how I found Dina."

He is no longer afraid of being five. He is starting to play soccer in a few weeks. He keeps talking now about growing up this time. The other day I was on the computer and he was behind me in the bed. He was quiet and all of a sudden he said "look grammy" I turned around and saw him looking under his arm pit. I said what are you doing? He told me "this time I am going to grow up and get hair under my arm." I told him yes he was. Lately he talks a lot of growing up and getting bigger and the things he is going to do. I believe he knows he is safe this time and no longer afraid.

I have noticed he is obsessed with blood. If he *****s his finger and a little blood comes out he gets upset. Today he asked if dead people have blood. I told him yes they do, but when the heart stops beating the body does not bleed anymore, but they still have blood. He asked me to look at the back of his head and see if there was anything there from when he got shot. I think he was referring to blood. I don't know why he would question something like that, but I told him no there is no blood there. Maybe he expects a scab or something.

He also described the tornado to me. He said it whirls around and around and it is dark and windy. He made a spiral big on the top and getting smaller. He said it can pick up houses and blow them up. He said it is very scary. I asked him if he ever saw a tornado and he said "not this time."

I believe he knows the difference now of that life and this life. When he speaks of a PL he will say "my other family." Before he said his other father would bring him chocolates, but this time he does not like chocolates. Once in awhile he will say "I like chocolate this time too" but if we give him some he will take a bite then go spit it in the garbage can. I think he is trying to like something he used to like. Maybe he is trying to bring two lives into one. He still loves to play bury me.

We are having fun at the new old farm looking for treasures. Kade thinks a little boy left him a treasure near a big tree. Who knows maybe he is right, lol.

16. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Thank you so much for the update, Kitn.

I'm glad to hear that Kade has gotten over his fear of turning five. You've done such a wonderful job of making him feel safe and loved -- listening to him and acknowledging his feelings -- that I think you've helped him enormously.

You're very lucky to have each other.

And btw -- the settler's cabin sounds amazing! :D

Ailish

17. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Tonight, out of the blue, Kade said we had to have a talk. He asked me when Casey died. I replied 8 years ago. He then asked when did Dina's (his mommy) dad die and I answered three years ago. Then he asked when did big mama (his great grandmother) die and I told him 2 years ago. Then came the big question "when did I die when I got shot?" I answered by saying I did not know did he know, and he said maybe it was a long time ago, like 20 years. I don't know what brought the subject except maybe he is trying to figure time out. He has no idea how long a week is much less twenty years.

18. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,

I just love the open and honest communication that you have with Kade. I can't even imagine how hard it is for a child to make sense of such violent past life recall.

If it makes you feel any better, our son seems to be 'growing out' of all this. As he goes to school, he seems to get more grounded in this life and talks less about his other life.
    He is almost six and a half and just started first grade. So, maybe Kade will resolve it before he gets old enough to forget and he will be able to move on.

19. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Awww ... he's trying so hard to put the pieces together. I'd say about 40 years ago would be more likely.

20. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I too thought he was forgetting about a lot of things. There are times he will not bring anything up and then there are times he wants to talk about things his other mother did. For instance when I gave him a soda one day he said "my other mother only bought diet coke." No one in our family drinks diet soda; and we are Pepsi drinkers. He did tell me sometimes his other family ran out of food and he was hungry. I asked him what did he do when he ran out of food and he said sometimes he would chew on paper. He is also talking quiet frequently about the big storm. He says there is a lot of things he cannot remember. I told him in time he probably won't remember anything and he asked me if I forgot. I laughed because I never remembered anything anyway. He will start school next August. Gosh, he is growing up so fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.