Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

For how long have they had the diet version of Coca-Cola?

Karoliina

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

On About.com - it states "1959 The first diet cola sold."

3. Curtis

Curtis New Member

I saw the same thing you did (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coca-Cola_Company )...

"This includes other varieties of Coca-Cola such as Diet Coke (introduced in 1982), which uses aspartame, a synthetic phenylalanine-based sweetener, to eliminate the sugar content of the drink"

But I could have sworn Diet Coke was around before that. They say that your memory is the second thing to go. Of course Coke's original diet version, Tab, has been around since 1963.

Curtis
    Phoenix, AZ

4. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Curtis,

Welcome to the forum. :) I hope you enjoy the discussions.

Ailish

5. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Thanks, and I assure you I have enjoyed the discussions for a couple of years. Carol's books and these discussions prompted a short story by me that placed in a literary contest 2 years ago (Life is Hard and then You Live).

I have been following this particular story through several threads from the beginning. It's been facinating.

Curtis
    Phoenix, AZ

6. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks for all the input. Welcome Curtis, I will try to read your short story online if it is there.

I don't remember when diet drinks came out. I do remember buying Tab years and years ago. However Kade said diet Coke. We use the word pop and soda most of the time. About the only time we use the name brand is when we go out or to the store.

Today he was asking all kinds of questions about dying. He asked me when I was going to die. I told him I have an old body and sometimes the body wears out just like washing machines and televisions. He told me he had a young body and was not going to die for a long long time. He said Casey was not old and he was not old when he died before. I told him sometimes things happen before the body gets worn out and that causes people to die. He said how do you know when the body is very old. I told him the old heart stops beating and then the body is done doing it's job. He then went in the house and asked his mother "when is grammy going to die?" She told him not for a long time. He then told her he had a strong heart and a young body but that she was getting older too and when was she going to die. She told him not for a very, very long time and when she dies he will be grown up. He seemed satisfied with the explanations.

I would rather talk about death and dying than play "bury me."
    He is a very intelligent child. I think he is trying to put together something he is remembering in his little head.

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Home made Noodles

My daughter told me something today that happened a few days ago. She had bought some new noodles in a cup for Kade to eat; he is a very picky kid. She showed them to me and told me they were easy to make. They come in a styrofoam cup. She said Kade loves them.

She said after she took them out of the microwave Kade came in from the living room and said he had smelled that smell a long, long time ago. She told him what is was and showed him. He looked at them and told her his other mother used to make noodles but not that way. She asked him how she made them and he said she did not get them from a cup. Dina asked if they were in a bag or a can and he said no she made them all by herself. So maybe she made home made noodles. In all my life I have met two people who make their own noodles.

On the way to the new house we were talking about noodles and Kade said his other mother cut noodles. I think we have learned something new about his other mother.

8. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

WOOHOO! *bounces*

I make my own egg noodles! Maybe this is something something you can do with Kade. It's easy!

I crack open two eggs in a mixing bowl and scramble them with a fork. Then I add flour (a bit at a time) and a dash or two of salt and keep mixing and adding flour until it comes together and forms a ball. I then flour my surface and turn the ball out onto the floured surface, and flour the top of the ball and roll it out. As I roll, I make sure it stays floured underneath, like you would with pie crust - - and you may have to keep sprinkling a little flour on the top, too. After it's rolled out about 1/4" thick, I use my pizza cutter and roll it down the length of dough and cut my noodles to whatever size I want. You could ask Kade, "How did your other mother cut noodles when she made them?" "What shapes/sizes did she cut them?" "What kind of a pot did she cook them in?" "What else did you eat with them?"

You can then leave them to dry-out just a little (about an hour or two) or you can cook them immediately. I generally cook mine immediately. I put chicken stock in a pot and turn it on to start heating while I'm making the noodles and by the time I'm done cutting, the stock is usually boiling. You have to drop them in a few at a time.

I'm excited for you!

9. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

MoonDansyr thank you for the recipe. I did not know it was that easy. The next time he spends the night that will be a fun activity for us to do together. He loves helping people when they are cooking. I will not tell him what we are making and I will watch for his reaction. If he starts talking about his other mother making noodles it will open the door for a discussion.

It is strange how the scent of something brings back memories. Every once in a while I will smell something that brings back memories of my grandmother making home made bisquits. The weird thing is no one is cooking.

10. MoonDansyr

I do the exact same thing with banana bread, for me, it feels "other-wordly" - - because it works two ways. If I smell it baking, I get a feeling of another place and another time, but can't quite grasp it. Also, when I'm around areas with really big, old trees, rolling hills and big, old homes, I can *smell* the banana bread baking in my head. It's weird.

11. allison

allison New Member

this happens with me too! except i'm not sure if it's a specific type, but more just the smell of pastries in general. It has happened once or twice that I will see some random person (like just passing on the street or in a store) and I will think I smell and sometimes even taste pastries, like fruit danish type. Sometimes I'm not sure if maybe there really are pastries baking nearby.... But it happened most recently at work, and I know a free outpatient clinic in the south central part of the city doesn't smell like pastries!

12. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Nice reply Moondansyr! Made me think of helping my Grandma do the same thing. She always hung them over the back of a chair. In those days I'm not sure you could readily buy them, at least not here in rural Kansas.

I hope you trigger more talk Kitn...sounds like it'll be interesting.

Tinkerman

13. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I studied microbiology in school and I remember learning that smell and music lay the strongest brain traces. That means that they are the easiest things to remember for the longest amount of time.

Vicky

14. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I know you're right about smell Vicky. When I was 3 or 4, the upper floor of our house was set afire by our renter. Until the damage was repaired, the smell of charred wood was very distinct. To this day I can still smell that charred wood whenever I think of my youth. In fact I am smelling that wood as I type this, and it was at least 55 years ago.

John

15. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I come from North Dakota

The other night we were playing on the bed before calling it a night. I don't know how the conversation got started, but it was about bodies. He said he had a different body this time. I asked him what he meant and he said well before I got shot I had a different body. I asked him "how do you know?" He replied "because I am smart and I remember I looked at my body a long time ago and it was not my body." I then asked him if he was a boy before and he said yes, I asked if his body was the same color and he said yes. I then asked him what happened to his other body and he said they took it away. I asked him who took it away and he said he did not know, but he was dead and then alive again and he had to find another mother and his body was different.

Another subject he brought up was Todd. I asked him if he remembered what Todd looked like and he said yes. He then told me his other name was Todd. I asked him if he was sure and he said "the man who shot me was named Todd and my name was Todd too." I wonder if Todd was a last name or if he was named after a relative.

Today he was crawling all over me while I sat in a rocking chair. I asked him "where did you come from" meaning he should have been playing in the other room. He looked me in the eye and said "I come from North Dakota." That was all he said. He was very convincing.

Thats all new here lately.

16. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Does kade understand first and last names yet? Maybe if he talks about it again, you could ask him if Todd was a first or last name.
    Vicky

17. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Vicky, I don't think he does yet. He knows his full name. If one asks him his name he states first, middle and last. But he did say before Todd was the mean ones name and his name and his mother and father's was Scherlin. Maybe he gets things mixed up.

18. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

We owned a store

Kade and I were playing with men on the coffee table. Out of the blue he said "we used to own a store." I asked him "who owned a store" and he said my other father. I then asked him where the store was and his reply was New York City. Well this confused me because he is so adamant about North Dakota. I do wonder where he came up with New York City. He calls his mommy his "real" mommy and sometimes refers to her by her first name. I asked him why he calls her Dina and he said "don't talk about my other mother." I never mentioned his other mother I just wanted to know why he calls his mommy by her first name.

His mother bought him one of those plastic cap guns that smoke. He put it close to my face and I told him not to do that. I told him the directions say keep away from ears and eyes; at least one foot. He asked why and I said someone could get hurt. He said I know it would hurt because it hurt bad when I got shot dead. Yesterday he asked his mother to buy him a real gun. She told him he was too little. He asked when he would be big enough and she told him sixteen. He argued that he is a little adult. She told him when he was fourteen she would get him a BB gun. He said he wanted to shoot things in the yard with a real gun. I think he meant targets lined up. I do hope he does not become fascinated with firearms.

19. MoonDansyr

Hi Kitn~

It's good to hear from you again.

I guess it isn't entirely unlikely that he could have moved around. By the time I was five, I had lived in three cities, two of which were 1,000 miles apart.

Did Kade happen to mention what kind of store? This could be another pretty big clue.

Have you or any of your family travelled to NY City or talked about it? Is it possible that the recent 9/11 anniversary was something he was privy to watching/hearing about?

Good luck with the gun thing. That's rather scary, huh?

I think the little adult theme isn't uncommon with children that remember their past lives. With Kade, though, I find it interesting, as he appears to have been a child when he died in his former life. Or am I remembering incorrectly?

It's always good to see you Kitn and I wish you continued luck and success with Kade.

20. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I did ask him what kind of store but he said he did not know. He also made an odd comment to his mommy on the way home. For no reason he asked her "why is Dad my Daddy." She told him because they were married and wanted a child. He said "no, that is not what I mean-when we were in the Heaven together you picked out my father and Dad is not him." She then asked him "why don't you like your Daddy" and he said "yes but he does not look like the father you picked for me." She then asked him what did the man she picked for him look like and he said "like grandpa D." He is old, she said, you mean I was suppose to get an old Daddy for you? He said no the man that was suppose to be his father looked like grandpa D but was young. She said that is all they discussed.

Tonight I asked him if he knew his birthday and he said yes. I am trying to make sure he knows because he will start kindergarten next year. He told me his birthday was March 13, 1921! I asked him why he said that and he said because that is his birthday. I told him no you were born in 2002, and I am old and 1921 was before my birthday. He still insists his birth year is 1921. His birthday is March 28 and he knows that very well-he just did not know the year. How could a four year old come up with 1921?

Your right, he always talks about being shot and he was five years old. So I do not know why he says he is a little grown up. We do not talk about New York at all. He may have seen something on TV about the twin tower anniversary. I will ask his mother if she watched anything during that time because that little guy has radar ears and even though he may have been busy doing something else he may have overheard the name of the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.