Kade remembers his last name

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chloe

chloe New Member

thanks for the warm welcome - i wish i had some interesting tales to tell of my own children (4 and 1), but so far, nothing! and personally, nothing either. but reincarnation has always fascinated me, and it makes so much sense, really. anedotes like these just convince me further.

interesting take on the 'truck' comment, klarry; i had never heard of that slang before, but then, i know pretty much nothing about (meth)amphetamines aside from what i've read, or seen on tv.

kitn, i would love an update, too! i hope all is well.

2. KimD

KimD Senior Registered

A lurker who just had a thought on this...

Hi, I have been reading about Kade for the past year and I find your story very fascinating (and your relationship with your grandson heartwarming).

But anyway, I was reading various translations of a poem today by Paul Celan, Todesfuge, which means "Fugue of Death." It's about the Nazi's, concentration camps, etc., but I was struck by this line, ""Tod ist ein Meister aus Deutschland." "Tod" means "death" or "dead" in German, correct?

That might be what Kade meant when he said "my name was also Todd." I don't know. It just jumped out at me, out of nowhere. Maybe "Todd" isn't a name, but a name for a state of being.

For what it's worth,
    Kim

3. $un$hine

$un$hine New Member

Just a few thoughts.

I have read this with loads of interest and wanted to add some things.

Soda - In my area of Minnesota many people over 40 still tend to say "Can of Soda".

3d Lake - Could this be "Treaty" Lake. Many of the lakes in the boundry waters have been refered to as such.

Can't wait to hear more about this adorable child.

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Hello Again

Hi, sorry I have not posted in such a long time. My father passed away in October. We took Kade to the wake and he was not upset at all. He knew he was not alive and we were saying farewell to Grandpa. Kade did ask us when he is coming back? We said we did not know and he was satisfied with that answer. He did say Grandpa will come back when they tell him he has to go back. He never says who "they" are.

We have been so busy with legal issues, the holidays and then I just rested. I have been caregiving since 2002 and was just wore out emotionally and physically. I did come read a bit in the forum.

Kade is doing well. He does not speak very often of his "other family." A few weekends ago he and another cousin spent the night with me. They were playing Vsmile and in one game the cartoon man rides a horse. Kade said this is going to be easy. His cousin laughed and said "you can't ride a horse Kade." With that Kade told him yes he could and that he had a horse when he lived with his other mother. Isaiah made fun of him and called him a liar and told him "your crazy you don't have another mother." Kade looked at him very seriously and told him yes he did and he had a horse named Rocker and he used to ride him. Isaiah looked at me and asked if Kade had another mother. I did not know what to say so just smiled at Isaiah. Kade then told his cousin that he used to live in North Dakota. Isaiah really started laughing and told him you never lived there Kade stop lying. Isaiah began teasing Kade so Kade just ignored him and continued playing. I can see now why children do not talk about things that may be about another time or family. They get teased for it. If anyone has some suggestions on how to handle a situation such as this I could use some input. I did not want to tell Kade not to say anything in front of others. I also did not like Isaiah teasing him. I did tell him to stop making fun of Kade. I was lost on what to do or say.

Kade's birthday is the end of this month; he will be five. He is not happy about this. He does not want to be five. He has been asking all kinds of questions about dying and he cries. His mom said we should not say the word death, dying or talk about Casey or his grandparents when he can hear us because for some reason it is upsetting him lately. I think it is his birthday coming up. He says he was five when he was killed when he was the other boy. Maybe he is fearful it will happen again.

Last weekend was very windy. Kade and his mom flew a kite. He was so proud he got it up all by himself. He had a great time. I babysat him a few days after that and he was telling me how he did it by himself. He asked me if I ever flew a kite and I told him yes I have. He told me he thinks he flew a kite a long, long time ago with his other mother. He then asked if the kite breaks from the string where does it go. I told him the wind carries it away and it probably lands somewhere far away where we can't see it. He did not lose his kite last weekend. He showed me how he reeled it back in. I asked him why he wanted to know where a kite would go if it broke loose from the string and he told me his kite with his other mother flew away.

Got to go watch my programs. I enjoyed the thread on the boy in Scotland. I hope they air it in the USA.

5. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Kitn,

It's so nice to hear from you! :) I'm sorry to hear about your father, though. :(

It sounds like Kade is growing up and starting to live more this life, so to speak. :thumbsup: It's possible he's so worried about the age of five, because he died at that age the last time. Maybe you could try to reassure him it's not going to happen this time around? Although if he's mum doesn't want you to talk about dying, that's difficult. :eek:

I tried to think what I would've done when Isaiah was teasing Kade, but I couldn't think of anything very good. :( I'm sure someone will have good advice. It's important to tell children never to tease others, of course, but telling about reincarnation to Isaiah would've been too much for him probably. And I don't think it's a good idea to tell Kade not to talk about it to others... So, I'm clueless. :confused:

Anyway it was great to hear how you two are doing!

Karoliina

6. vicky

vicky Senior Member

My son received some teasing like that but it was from an adult uncle. I think most people don't leap to the idea that a child could be talking about a past life. I was kind of forced to let it go. Later I spoke with his wife and told her some of the things our son had been saying and i told her that although I hadn't previously believed in reincarnation, I have since the moment our son started talking.

I know my sister-in-law spoke with her husband and I also know my son would never say anything again. In your case Kitn, I might try talking to the Isaiah's mother and tell her what Kade has said. You don't have to even say that you believe him. Tell her that Isaiah has teased him some about it. She will know how to speak with her son or she may choose not to. Trouble is, that will only help with Isaiah. I also told my son that not everyone remembers their past life and therefore doesn't believe in it. I told him he is lucky he can remember his.

My son also was afraid to turn 4 for the same reason but it was because he thought I would die. Even though I was not his mother in another life, his past life mother did die when he was 4.

I love reading about Kade. Thanks for posting an update.

Vicky
    BTW, the memories do seem to fade especially as it becomes more difficult for the child to express them due to social pressure and their little lives just get so busy with the here and now. I think that is the way it is supposed to be.

7. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Kitn,

Thank you so much for the update on Kade. I always enjoy reading them!

I agree with the others -- that it's a difficult situation to be in with Kade and Isaiah, but I think you did the right thing by not saying anything at the time to confirm or deny Kade's claims in front of his cousin.

Perhaps as Vicky did with her son -- you can take Kade aside and explain that not everyone remembers other mommies like he does -- and let him know that's the reason some people don't understand when he talks about his other family.

Reassure him -- that he can always talk to Mommy and Grandma -- and tell him how special he is to you ;)

Aili

8. Karoliina

Vicky and Ailish made a very good suggestion. :thumbsup:

So in general, in Western societies, it could be good to tell the children who remember that not everyone does. And say that they really are priviledged - that should make them pround of themselves, which obviously is a good thing. :)

Karoliina

9. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Teasing

Thanks... Isaiaha's mother has known, with interest, about Kade. Isaiaha knew nothing. I did not want to stop Kade, but also did not want to inform Isaiaha about reincarnation. I did stop him from teasing his cousin but you know boys they are relentless. I wonder how many children do remember things about a possible past life. I don't remember anything...matter of fact it is getting harder to remember a week ago for me. The things that stand out in my life are special moments and tragic events. I remember everything, every word, every emotion and feeling in the events which scarred my life. If there is reincarnation maybe it will be things I take with me. Maybe sometimes when one feels they have done that or been there before is a slight memory of another time. In a way it would be nice to take the happy times and memories of loved ones, but heartbreaking to remember the bad things. I suppose I am still skeptical because it cannot be proven by science. I then look at some of the cases I have read and I know there is no way one can remember dates, names and places of things have no knowledge of. It is a facsincating mystery.

10. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade is 5 years-old

Yeah! He made it, he is five tomorrow. He has not been very happy about this birthday coming. He kept asking questions about dying and seemed concerned with death. My daughter took him to register for kindergarten and since then he has started talking daily about his other mother. He seems a little bit more excited about starting school. He said he did not get to go last time. He told us about how his other mother wore dresses with flowers on them. The dress was long not short. She had long hair and wore it in what he calls pony tails. He had shown us a picture of two braids once and I do not know if that is what he means by pony tails.

Last night he asked me how far is it to North Dakota. I told him it was very far away. He still says his last name was Sherlin. I asked him if he knew what his first name was and he said "Kade." I said no before when you had another mother. He said I think they called me Max. I said that is your dogs name. He said I know we have the same name. He is the one who named the dog. I do not think this is true. I think he is intertwining memories.

11. Karoliina

Happy birthday, Kade! :thumbsup:

I think it's possible he made up the name, but you could still write it down - just in case. ;)

It's interesting he has started talking about that life again. Keep us posted!

Karoliina

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I don't know if it is the anxiety about starting school that he is talking again. Or it could be teasing by his cousin made him uncomfortable. I guess because I cannot put myself in a position as a child with memories. Planting season is soon here and he shows much interest in growing plants. For some reason playing in dirt (planting) seems to bring up the other mother also.

I do not think Max was his name. I too believe he made that up. Max is his dog. I will keep you posted if he says anything else.

13. Kimothy

Kimothy New Member

Ponytail

I don't know if anyone else has told you this - but ponytail is used all the time in the UK (I've got my hair in a ponytail now) - it just means to pull all your hair back & use a band to tie it up in one 'tail'. I think you have ruled out the UK as a place Kade could come from, but a lot of the words he has come out with are familiar to me - so perhaps some sort of British influence?

14. Karoliina

Kitn,

How are you and Kade doing? I'd love to hear from you. :)

Karoliina

15. ladonnacuriosa

ladonnacuriosa New Member

I'm new to the forums and only found this story a couple days ago, and have been reading it with great interest in my free time. Seems that the story ended here or was there another thread started that I missed? (I searched but didn't see anything after this date :( )

Extremely fascinating and touching. Kade sounds like such an amazing and wonderful child. I hope all is well with their family!

Jessica

16. Karoliina

Hello Jessica,

We haven't heard from Kitn and Kade for a year. Kade has just turned 6 - time flies! I hope they're doing well, too. :)

Karoliina

This thread is closed due to it's length. Kitn - please feel free to start another thread. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.