Karma from past lives

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Blazealiste, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Blazealiste

Blazealiste Active Member

Interesting article I came across regarding karma, and how it manifests itself in your current and past lives.

Discuss!!

There is simply no escape from karma; sooner or later karma has to be equilibrated within each and every person. Fully understanding the laws of karma will therefore not only assist on the path ahead, but might also save often considerable pain or discomfort, either in this life or in a future life.

It is not only humans who are subject to the laws of Cause and Effect and therefore karma, everything in the entire Universe is subject to these laws, every person, every animal, fish, insect, plant, mineral, indeed everything and every being are equally subject to this law on their own existential level, there are absolutely no exceptions, it is The Law. As mentioned earlier, even our personal thoughts are subject to karma. So, for example if a person thought badly of someone else, thereby sending out aggressive, vindictive or other negative vibrations, then one day those same vibrations will without doubt return to the originator, thereby causing them to react in the same way. This also works on the physical level whereby if someone were to do or say something resulting in a negative action against someone else, then inevitably that same action would return sooner or later causing the originator to suffer the same effect as the original cause. There is a saying highly appropriate to karma; a person can be “their own worst enemy”.

Individual karma can be accumulated over many lifetimes, so when a “bad” thing happens it will not be by mere “chance” or due to “bad luck”, notions which are impossible in the Universe in accordance with the law of Cause and Effect, but rather as a result of some previous equally “bad” cause, a cause which might even have originated many lifetimes ago. According to Hindu philosophy there are three levels of karma. The first level of karma is called “Sanchita karma”. Sanchita karma is caused by a past situation still awaiting its corresponding effect or reaction. This is in effect then “latent” karma. The next level of karma is the level of past causes including those from past lives, the effects of which are still manifesting in the current, temporal lifetime. This type of karma, called “Prarabdha Karma”, is a manifestation of karma shaping the current lives of people. The third level of karma is known as “Future karma”. Future karma is where the causes are being created in the current temporal lifetime, but which will manifest in the future, either later in the current lifetime or otherwise in a future lifetime as its corresponding effect.

Another aspect of karma needing to be considered is that a sequence of “effects” do not necessarily occur in exactly the same order as the corresponding sequence of the causes that gave rise to them. This is largely due to the possible differences in the magnitude of the original cause, and therefore the first opportunity to become a corresponding effect. A large karmic event, a cause, might not be able to equilibrate itself as a corresponding effect until much later in a lifetime, or indeed very often not until a future lifetime. On the other hand, a small karmic event, a thought for example, might well yield a corresponding effect within seconds, minutes or hours of the original cause. There are no hard and fast guidelines to this, the only certainty being the law of karma will inexorably exert itself throughout and beyond space and time; everyone should know that no person whatsoever is beyond this law. Everyone should therefore always be consciously aware of karma and live accordingly, always ensuring no bad actions or thoughts are allowed to occur. It should be stressed at this point that karma is not a punishment and reward system. Everyone is provided with the freewill to do as they please, the significance of which being that everyone must be equally held responsible for their own actions. This is not a court of justice type scenario, but rather only the immutable law of Cause and Effect unfolding perfectly throughout space and time and throughout all spheres of life and reality. As the well-known and highly appropriate saying goes: “as you sow, so shall you reap”. Problems arise when people do not understand or choose to ignore this immutable and exalted law. People, ignorant of the laws of Cause and Effect and of karma, keep on sowing negative seeds throughout their lives, remaining completely oblivious to the fact that one day sooner or later the price will have to be paid by means of the corresponding negative effects in the same order of magnitude, which effects might take many lifetimes to equilibrate.

On the other hand those who fully understand these laws will always be most careful and diligent about what they think, say and do, in order to ensure no seeds of negative karma are sown, and will only sow the seeds of positive karma that will accordingly be of equally positive benefit in the future. The importance of conscious living, being constantly Mindful of all thoughts, actions and of the moment, will be discussed fully in the final section of this book.

People who create negative karma for themselves over many physical lifetimes often wonder why negative things are happening to them in their current physical lifetime. They will typically say things like “what have I done to deserve this”, or “why is it always me that has the bad luck”, or “why don’t other people suffer like I have suffered”, and so on. Such people tend to blame everything and everyone except for the true guilty party; themselves. In reality until such people come to fully understand these great Universal laws, as one day everyone surely will, and to always live by them, they will continue to create negative karmic causes which will in turn continue to create the corresponding negative karmic effects for many lifetimes to come, until eventually all karma has been fully equilibrated.

Karma is a very important aspect of individual evolution and progression back to The Source, The First Cause, God, Who is absolute perfection, and Who must therefore be approached by absolute perfection as characterised by the Energy and vibration of the Spirit of each individual person. Karma, although an aspect of the great Universal law of Cause and Effect, is also a “tool” for learning. We incarnate into the physical world to learn, evolve and to equilibrate karma. As we will discuss in the next section of this book, this planet Earth is not our true home; it is not reality, the entire physical Universe is not reality. Our true home as immortal Spiritual beings is within the great Spiritual worlds, including the great Celestial and Cosmic planes of life, beyond the Astral worlds. Life in the physical world is therefore intended to learn the lessons required in order to be able to progress to our true home, the glories, splendours, peace harmony and Light of the Spiritual worlds, and accordingly karma is one of our greatest teachers.

Like all teachers, karma should be afforded the greatest of respect. Those who do not learn these lessons will continue to suffer at the hands of karma for day after day, year after year, lifetime after lifetime until such time as any particular lesson is finally learned. Much more could be said about karma, but suffice it to conclude this subject by emphasising once again the that law of karma provides ongoing valuable opportunities to learn lessons, evolve and create good things in life. It is not intended to be a system of punishment, implying an emotional basis that simply is not the case, but is rather an immutable aspect of the balancing of Universal cosmic laws as applies to mankind, the microcosm, the very same laws applying to the Universe as a whole, the Macrocosm.

Nothing but nothing can or does exist outside of these laws that exist to evolve a state of perfection of everyone and everything in the Universe. The entire Universe is in a constant state of evolution, and karma, a fundamental aspect of the law of Cause and Effect is fundamental to that evolution. Again, everyone should always at all times be completely conscious of karma, positive as well as negative, in living day to day lives, and always with an eye on the true meaning of life, our ultimate reality and destiny, as we journey relentlessly along the sacred path back to our Divine Creator

Tesso and Polaris8 like this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting. Karma is so often misunderstood or misinterpreted, or referred to casually without grasping it at all, that I tend to avoid using the term. Nevertheless, at least some parts of the above I can agree with. At the same time, I'm wary of taking on board too much of what is said by someone else. I tend to learn about these things not by studying texts but instead by going through life itself, little by little making sense of things as I experience them.

I tend to simplify things to cause and effect, as well as the creative power of our thought. Often we can be so caught up in a hectic or busy life that there isn't much reflection or consideration given to these things. But I guess we all come to understand things in our own way.

3. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Senior Member

Thanks for your post, my friend. I learned some of your explanations and your summary is well made.

Peace of mind likes this.
  4. Blazealiste

Blazealiste Active Member

Totally understood, I myself have been a witness on how karma affects my life and everyone around me. I shared the article because there are pointers in it that I too agreed in (by experience) and not of the entirety of its context.

Speedwell likes this.