Kids growing up in heaven?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by sortoflikeheaven, Nov 1, 2018.

1. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Senior Member

Hi there!

I've had spontaneous remembrances of past lives but also under regressions.

There was once possible past life ending in the 1920's when I drowned pregnant. Apparently expecting a little girl. Have not found this female so there is always this question in my mind if this really happened or if it was just a very vivid and detailed dream in regression and not the actual truth. Anyhow, my ex and father of the anticipated baby went to see a medium. I had to portray the image of me holding my daughters hand, telling them that we were alright. It was strange because it was as if she grew up in heaven instead of on earth. This part I don't get at all - I mean I thought that you are a soul regardless of earth-body-age and I thought you just jump back into being age-less basically. This daughter was kind of jumpy in a good way, and she recognized her father. It was like she was happy to see him, just recognized him as someone she loved even though they had never met as daughter and father. I was a bit mellowed because to me this was serious and I knew he was hurting and I just wanted to send the image and the message right.

My question is - could this really be happening? Are babies growing up in heaven if they died here on earth?

WhiteRose likes this.
  2. briski

briski Senior Registered

Not in any belief system that im aware of, a soul/conciousness is the same once its gone into its metaphysical state, in that its no longer a child as such, unless the soul/conciousness was preparing to come back into the physical realm maybe?

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

sortoflikeheaven, my daughter's first child was still-born. She has had several OBEs of him showing her around "heaven" as he has grown up there - I'm not really comfortable with that somehow, but it fit in with what you posted.
    Here is a link to the post that is relevant to your OP.

sortoflikeheaven likes this.
  4. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Senior Member

Oh, my God how horrible for your daughter to go through that, but so beautiful in a way that she has had that later experiences with him.

5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Sortof,

There are a ton of reports of this type of thing, so I can't see why it wouldn't be true. A variety of sources I have read indicate one possible reason: untimely death. One explanation that I saw in the literature reporting this type of thing was that our physical body has a level of vigor that will--absent supervening negative impacts (accidents, disease, bullets, etc.)--cause it to last for X years. And, likewise, our subtle bodies (such as the astral) share this trait. Since these bodies are all intended to last for roughly the same period, that seems to make sense. So, barring some intervention, such bodies will also last for their normal "lifetime" and will go through a normal growth and aging pattern even after the physical body dies. Another explanation seems to be related to the "identity" issue. In each incarnation we put on a particular identity. We are programmed and/or think of ourselves as being the person we were or were slated to be. This is tied into the body worn and may be subject to being "lived out" even after physical bodily life has prematurely ended. So, these are two hypotheses / speculations related to the phenomenon. (I suppose that you can take them with a pound or grain of salt-as you think best). Anyhow, it doesn't seem impossible.

BTW--I have also read that some advanced souls seem to skip this type of thing. In Michael Newton's books there seemed to be some type of special process that souls could, if they wished, use to quickly remove the vestiges of the PL identity/structure and re-assume their normal between-lives spirit identity.

So, lots of ideas floating around out there. But whatever the explanation, I have seen so many reports of this type of thing I find it hard to disbelieve the existence of this phenomenon even though I may not be sure of the reason for it.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Ken, I don't remember seeing the wonderful posts you linked from May 2017. Maybe they came during a period where I was taking one of my periodic vacations from the board. Anyhow, they are very touching. I understand that special father daughter relationship very well myself. It is hard when you just can't take away the pain and make everything better--no matter how much you want to do so.

sortoflikeheaven and KenJ like this.
  6. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

This can't be tossed out with the bath water as there are people who have come forward with similar over the years including pastors no less. I have to say that in the box and always in the box type of thinking is extremely limiting and it locks people out from accepting new ideas. I was once a pastors aid myself so I know how it goes especially once people get around middle age and older who are set in their ways as if it were all in stone.

7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmm - :rolleyes:

fireflydancing and Jim78 like this.
  8. briski

briski Senior Registered

I did say in a belief system that im aware of, so i was suggesting it wasn't impossible just something ive not heard about before

9. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I don't know about other 'older' people, but I've certainly become a lot less set in my ways these days! Thinking outside the box is my method, for sure. New ideas are what keep me going.

Jim78, Speedwell and briski like this.
  10. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

If I may share two of my personal experiences regarding the age at which people who passed present themselves in visions, I have been the witness of the soul of the daughter of a Chinese woman I helped a few weeks back.

She asked for my help because her daughter, who sadly passed a month after her birth, kept coming in her dreams. Oddly enough I saw her being a teenager (although she would have been around 3 or 4 in present time), and also showed herself as a young adult, wearing one of her mother's sweaters.

I have also seen one of my unborn brother, who showed up as a young adult, around 18 or so, even though he never got to be born (which surprised me a lot because I was not aware that my mother had a stillborn child until I told her about his visit).

On the contrary I have had family members present themselves as when he was 40 years old when he passed in his eighties.

So I think the physical age is irrelevant when it comes to how our beloved decide to present themselves to us.

11. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Benjamin,

It could be a mix. Some may be tied into a particular image of themselves, some may be still be tied in to that image (but are either believing themselves older or younger after passing), and some may have passed beyond any of this and be presenting themselves in a particular way for a particular purpose. So, everywhere from unconscious presentation to fully conscious and selective presentation depending on the case.

Cordially,
    S&S

tanker likes this.
  12. briski

briski Senior Registered

Having thoughts about this today, I have a completely different view, because we are just conciousness at that point I feel we see what we want to see of that conciousness. So if you knew said conciousness as a child that is what you would "see" in your conciousness. This kind of ties in with whatever your belief system is, appears when you die.
    So if you think you'll be in a space ship thats what you see
    If you believe in Heaven thats what you will ultimately see.
    All initially on your life review/meeting spirit guides