King Richard III's body double

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Jody, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I watched a fascinating show on PBS a few days ago. Remember how they just found King Richard III's bones and discovered he wasn't nearly as hunchbacked as he's been painted by history? They found a guy with the exact same kind of scoliosis who happens to be into King Richard III and into re-enacting medieval battles and this was before he even knew he had the same kind of scoliosis as the king. And here's the kicker: he looks (to me) just like him! Anyway, it was a fascinating story, because researchers tested the modern guy, named Dominic Smee, and trained him in medieval horsemanship. From that, which Smee took to very quickly, they were able to determine that far from being too disabled to lead his troops in battle, King Richard III in fact could have been an effective warrior and led his troops into battle.
    video

briski likes this.
  2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You know there is a possibility that Mr. Smee WAS King Richard III in a past life. I'd like to see him have a past life regression.

3. Totoro

Totoro Senior Registered

I was going to post the same thing, but I got tied up. I'm glad somebody did and I thought much the same as you folks.

I went looking for more biographical information on Dominic, but I couldn't find any.

In the Nova episode I saw, they said that he elected not to have the corrective surgery, when most others had it, which made his appearance in the show all that more amazing.

Perhaps it was a "do over" life?

4. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

He does look a bit like him. How strange!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

briski likes this.
  5. radar mike

radar mike Senior Member

I doubt a soul chooses to repeat the exact same kind of physical challenge in another life. Souls are suckers for variety and uniqueness of experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary though. Amazing stuff. It's almost like Richard III wants to be seen and remembered for truth rather than propaganda. If I were to choose to believe that anyone was reincarnation of Richard III, I would probably choose Phillipa Langley. Look at her history, she fell ill in 1992, and ever since she's been obsessed in clearing Richard III's name, and the most extraordinary thing that has happened is what led to the discovery of his remains in Leceister car park. It was a strong hunch, a strong intuition pull towards the exact spot where he was buried. Here are some details about that.

In 2004, as part of her research, Langley visited Leicester, where it was rumored the king was buried on the site of the old Greyfriars monastery. Her trip proved fruitless, but then as she was about to leave, she noticed a car park with a private barrier across it and felt "an overwhelming urge" to go inside.

"In the second parking bay, I just felt I was walking on his grave," Langley says calmly in the hotel pub where we meet. "I can't explain it."

A year later, she went back to test her hunch and the feeling returned. This time, someone had hand-painted the letter "R" over the parking bay to mark it as reserved. For Langley, it was a cosmic sign that "I needed to get on with it".

Of course, the rest is history

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Jim78 and briski like this.
  6. briski

briski Senior Registered

I remember this being on TV they made a big thing about this

radar mike likes this.