Lack of Islamic Past Lives

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by zetascair20086, Feb 13, 2006.

?

Lack of Islamic Past Lives

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe. I feel I could have but don't have any memories.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    Does anyone here recall a past life as a Muslim or in a predominantly Muslim country or the Ottoman empire. I'm just curious cause Islam is almost as major a religion as Christianity but I've noticed in reading past life accounts such lives are reported very rarely. Does it have something to do with negative perceptions of the faith. Just thought I'd ask in light of the recent issues that have cropped up in the world over Islam since 9/11. Thought maybe current events may have sparked memories.

I recall a few islamic lives.

Muslim Merchant in Saudi Arabia around 900AD, died the desert, probably North Africa.

Concubine in a Harem in Turkey or North Africa, possible kidnapped from Constantinople during the siege in 1453. Died young, murdered by other women in the Harem.

Life as African Muslim slave trader and later bee keeper in Mali, possibly Timbuktu, late 1400s. Died of bee stings, have huge fear of bees in present life.

Turkish or Egyptian doctor in 1600s. I was the doctor to some kind of important official or diplomat that had some kind of physical or mental illness, like epilepsy and he was abusive. I think I was Turkish but travelled to places like Egypt as the personal physician to this man. I died young, in my late 20s when an epidemic disease wiped out my village.

About 1866-1923 was wandering mystic or holy man travelling all over Mideast like Armenia,Turkey, Iraq, Iran and India/Pakistan.

As an aside I always had an attraction towards the Ottoman empire and feel what is being done to the Middle East today is very wrong, though the religion itself doesn't have a strong appeal to me, more the culture of the distant past, like I understand it even if I don't agree with it.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I don't have any specific memories, but I think it's possible I've lived in Iran and I'm somewhat drawn to the area around the Caspian Sea as well.

There are some other possibilites too, but those are my best bets. :)

I think it's possible souls often like to incarnate in similar cultural surroundings. I also think it's often probably easier to remember past lives that are easy to relate to.

Karoliina

3. shield

shield Registered User

No memories as such... but my wife (who´s a practicing psychic) once did a PL reading on me and came up with, among others a life of mine as a kind of business man in Turkey, several hundred years ago. Apparently I would have been attacked and killed by robbers. She got a name, too, which I´ve lost now. It wasn´t one I was certain existed but I checked and sure enough.

One real effect of receiving this info was a definite experience of a certain "instinctive bigotry" of mine, let´s call it, falling away a bit and the relief of a more natural understanding that "we´re all people".

4. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

A good question :)
    I always felt drawn to Northern Africa and nomadic tribes,
    but I don't have past life memories.
    Although I had some sort of flash back about a fight between Muslims and Christians in medieval times.
    Although I was on the Christian side, one of the Muslim soldiers exactly looked like my ex boyfriend.
    But me and my ex were always fighting, not only in the past ;)

Curious Girl.

5. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

I remember a life in an arabic country, so I assume it was probably a muslim community. I wrote about it here.

6. vicky

vicky Senior Member

A psychic told me that my son died as a suicide bomber in his most recent past life. There are some things about him that suggest this might be true but my overall feeling is that it is not true.
    Vicky

7. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

I have only a few memories of a life as an apparently well-off Muslim woman. She seemed to never leave the house and take no interest in the world outside her home. Consequently, I have no idea when or where this was. The only thing that stands out is this: I'm in labor and something is seriously wrong. The midwife (in black chador and veil) is screaming at my husband. She's telling him she can save the baby or me and he has to decide which. He's obviously in a state of panic, and says to save me. I say the baby. This baby dying would be the worst thing in the world to me, but they're both yelling and don't even hear me. The language isn't one I speak now, but I couldn't tell you what it was. And here's the weird thing, by modern standards, anyway--there's a curtain separating the midwife and me from my husband. He's not supposed to see his own wife giving birth to his own child.
    I have no idea what happened after all this, so I assume I died.

8. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

it could be becuase most of the muslims are reincarnated into muslim areas again due to a need to resolve issues from their previous life, etc.

just like here in america, most people recall lives as americans, probably becuase our souls are traveling with a group that still is in america.

9. AuroraBelle22

AuroraBelle22 Member

i dont remember any of my past lives, but in this life i am mostly arab (i'm mixed with other ethnicities too), and most of my family members are muslim. a psychic told me once that i've had many lives in the middle east, which may or may not be true. but honestly though i'm proud of my culture i don't feel any real attachment to it; then again, i dont feel an attachment to any culture which i guess is kinda weird. i just do my own thing, and definitely don't follow islam or any religion, so i think my soul recognizes that none of that stuff really matters, because we all come from one place and that's the place i feel attached to.

10. DIDI

DIDI Diana

Interesting question !

For me you are interesting person Zetascair20086,im sure talking to you person can learn many interesting things..i checked your site 2 times untill now...no matter the information there looks too me too dark..who knows...!;)
    Your queation is interesting for me...i was said before that i was arabian-egyptian in the very recent past life before(God knows if thats true for real)...i have no memories exactly,but....i had deep feel its very possible!I always like an arab men,unexplainable for me...ever..as i dont have nothing to do with Arab Country!My birth country is Bulgaria...but i always liked the arabs,and without any reason,i never been interested by the Uslamic religion before too...?:confused: :rolleyes:
    Anyway...by some weird circumstances ...i am married a muslim man now(from the same country i was said were my Recent Past life)I was strangely attracted by him,and he by me...still cant explain too good,how this happened to me so fast...
    I am still confused sometimes by dreams,and still cannot separate the feel,which is just a dream,and which could be sparkle from past life!
    When i was little i was dreaming how i fall from very high place,this made me to wake up sweat....maybe thats a memory from a past life,which still worry me from deep inside,i have no clue!
    anyway post more often,i like your posts:D

11. ssake

ssake Senior Registered

I am sure I have had one Islamic past life, perhaps two. I can't get much on it, but can extrapolate a few things.

First, I was walking in an international fair, a small one held at a church here in Atlanta. There was a Middle Eastern booth, and when I stopped in I saw a decorative plate. Immediately I knew that it was a familiar design, and I asked the girl running the booth what it meant. She said it means "There is no God but God." Instantly, I felt blissful, and that continued for about 15 minutes. I think it was something I had meditated on in a past life (repetition of a spiritual phrase in Sufism is, I believe, called zikhr).

I have long felt drawn to the poetry and stories of Rumi. I have a hunch that I met him briefly. But I think I was a worldly man at that time, and the influence of this contact gradually transformed me or awakened my spiritual search over time.

I have a feeling that I lived in Turkey (Rumi did also). Rumi lived in the 13th century (or, I believe, at the same time the Cathars existed in France).

I did also have a flash of recognizing a girl I was living with at the time, when she came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her head--something about it reminded me of a veil with just eyes showing and for an instant I saw that previous person, like a dancing girl. Either this was two lifetimes, one worldly and the next as a Sufi; or perhaps the same life with a major shift in lifestyle. All that is guesswork with just a few clues.

If I'm allowed, I'll post a link to a tune I just recently created with "Garage Band" software. Some of this is prefab "loops", and some is my own keyboarding. Just kind of interesting that I gravitate towards this kind of music.

http://www.ial.goldthread.com/clips/Easternmix2.mp3

(Moderators--if that's not allowed, just delete it).
    Steve S.

12. Modaki

Modaki New Member

I had a life in Assyria. Its in northern Iraq on today's map's.

However, that was like around 1000 B.C. Islam wasn't around then. Christianity wasn't even around then. :/

EDIT: A little off topic, but I get the feeling I haven't had many male incarnations. >.> Maybe my spirit doesn't like being a boy?

13. galactonerd

galactonerd Senior Registered

I think I may have lived in the Persian Empire in the 11th century.

14. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Punjab

I think I had a lifetime in the Punjab in the 16th or 17th century, as a Sikh. This religion synthesized Muslin and Hindu beliefs. They are monotheist, who believe in reincarnation. Theoretically, they don't believe in the caste system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

15. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

I learned of this one through my wife, who picked up on it. I have a close friend who whenever we got together would quite often want me to confirm that whatever he was doing he was right. Well it turned out that back around 1100? he was the head of a band of bedouin and well off enough to want a white blond wife. So he bought me from my parents in Europe somewhere. It made me angry enough that I decided shortly after becoming part of his harem that I was going to rule that household if I could. I didn't entirely but had enough influence that I was able to help him get wealthier through trade to secure my place in it. I have absolutely no attraction toward the mideast at all this life.

Jack

16. Jupiter

Jupiter Senior Registered

I know for sure that I've never had an Islamic PL, but if I did, I'm certain that
    it's been purged completely from memory thanks to the PL following it.:thumbsup:

17. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Islamic past live

I posted recently a memory titled "Past live as a medieval muslim." It hangs in the catalogue "Past lives memories" .
    In this life I am a white European woman. I do not think that souls think, "Oi, it is not fashionable to reincarnate as a muslim.... Who knows what the other members of the reincarnation forum will think... " They just go where they need to go. It can be most unexpected.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Interesting reading. My past lives seem to always be in the same area, mostly Irish ... I don't feel any Islamic connections.

19. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

Someone has to be reincarnating as Muslim...there are quite a few. :)

Seriously, I don't remember any lives as anything other than what I am now...a white female.

20. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered